What's the company culture at UPS?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 58 of 58)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Noneya! in Sellersburg, Indiana

11 months ago

E

MB in Freedomland said: I've had 20+ years working for jagoffs. I'd be a great worker for UPS, but think more of myself than being a drone for some odious enterprise. Jagoffs begone to the 9th circle of Hell! I have survived despite corp. efforts to break me !!! Hallelujah, I'm ALIVVVVVVE !!!

To whoever went "on to be ALL THAT" cuz sounds like you think you may superior? Dude it's a job for kids.. Don't be on here bragging about how YOUR EXPERIENCE GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE, omg, you should be embarrassed. The REAL UPS, done left you in vacuum, it sucked all the oxygen from your cloned self. Honey, WHAT BROWN DOES FOR YOU? IS ONLY BECAUSE YOU KNEW OR ARE RELATED TO SOMEONE , ALSO PLEASE GET THAT STINKY BROWN OFF YOUR NOSE!!! Ewww!! That's ugly!! And check yourself? You are nobody special. People in even there crappy culture of the "playground" that's sickening to watch "adults" bully the workers? Did you do that? Because if so? You broke the Law!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Greg in North Providence, Rhode Island

11 months ago

Jizzle in South San Francisco, California said: What exactly is dishonest about UPS? I'm a current p/t supervisor at UPS in the SF Bay Area. You know what you're in for your first day on the job. Yes, management can be a heck of a lot of responsibility and stress but I have never been subject to unethical/illegal/dishonest treatment in my 7 years with the company. If you're a lousy supervisor, UPS will try to make you quit, and rightfully so; you don't belong. If you're a lousy driver /pkg handler/sorter you have nothing to worry about because you're a Teamster and UPS can't fire you. However, the general consensus is that UPS is a lousy place to work and I agree, I've been quitting that place the past 5 years, lol.

Supervisors get yelled at by the boss
.that's their job..they put schedules together. And do some ride alongs while they play on the.phone or try to.teach u a route that takes.10 hours to do in 3 then leave you. It's horrible.money good benefits good
Union also garbage.but medical comes from them.so fine.you can.get.hit while.your parked in a spot.and get warned that if it happy again you're fired
Yet they teach us to park there
.I wouldn't recommend it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vint in Lake Worth, Florida

10 months ago

I cant comment on what how each UPS center is run, so I wont. I can only say from my experience, in my building, what I know. So take that with a grain of salt.

Was a preloader for 2 years, jumped (helper) while doing load for 1 of them, part time supervisor for only 4 months. On that note, never move into to management, ever, from the blue collar union. Enjoy your automatic yearly raise, enjoy your free health care, enjoy your safety net from being fired out of nowhere. Loading, and most other labor jobs in the building are really easy if you stay quiet and focused, and you'll be treated fairly.

After a while, I was more or less left to my own devices because I just got the job done, every day. To where my supervisors were demanding me be put onto other belts that had more work because I could do it. I always got to work early, left late, helped out, kept my mouth shut, and I reaped a lot of rewards.

I know it might seem crappy, but its better than management, because you're the whipping posts of everyone in the building. From the hourly employees, Union guys, full time supervisors, and every one else imaginable. Every single problem that ever happens even close to your area is your fault. Missed an irreg? Your fault. Guy show up late or doesnt move fast enough? Your fault. Did you not fill out the 5 daily pieces of paper work because you were trying to salvage your belt? Your fault. You will be blamed for everything, you have no protection from this, and you lose any benefits and all sense of pride in this job by becoming a manager. My building every day is down at least 2 part time supervisors because the job is so difficult. There are days when 1 part time supervisor is running 2 belts at once. To be avoided, ignore all promises of advancement, dont end up getting stuck like me; this is not a fun job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jc in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

Names_Not_Important in Coram, New York said: Just to give a little view into the world of full time drivers at UPS. The hardest part in becoming a full time driver driver at UPS is dealing with all the crap they throw at you in order for you to get the 30 days required to get into the union. You will work a few hours here and there so make sure you have money stashed away because you will need it during that process. If you are lucky enough to make your 30 days and get into the union you will need to prepare yourself for battle on a daily basis. It's the job of supervisors to squeeze every stop they can out of you. That's why drivers and management always but heads. So all of the stuff you used to to after work at your previous job, forget that, because there isn't much time left after working 11 and 12 hours a day. A 10 hour day is the standard at UPS and if you work less than that consider yourself lucky. Yes teh benefits are great but nothing is given to you at UPS. We earn everything we get. O ya, forgot to mention, from the day you start working there they start a file on you. It's a file that compiles all the stuff you do wrong so they can fire you. All you are to them is a machine and they will run that machine into the ground. And they preach safety safety safety but over dispatch you everyday. Work safely but hurry up. I know it sounds negative but it's reality.

This is so true.. Ive been there for 5 years, when i started i was on the inside unloading trucks, then i signed a bid to be a regular temp.. Did this for a few months then was not working for about 2 months. Then i told them i wanted to be an air driver.. Did this for 3 months then decided i wanted to go bad to reg temp.. They told me i couldnt do this because I disqualified myself for 2 years when i was never told this.. Now ive been strictly air driving for the past 3 and a half years.. Air driving it so much easier than ground delivery..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Finally_A_Full_Timer in Walnut Creek, California

3 months ago

I've been a UPSer for 17 yrs. now. They're right--it's nearly impossible to become fulltime these days. Took me 16 yrs. of sweating, bleeding, stressing, hating life at times, etc... But 2 carpal tunnel surgeries, 3 bulged lower lumbar-level discs, countless bumps, bruises, scratches, getting my face split open with a shepherd's hook, and a back surgery (all courtesy of UPS)...along with a dash of sexual harassment (silly little boy asking to touch my ass--I checked him right and proper--and a groping guardshack employee, who was subsequently fired) later and I'm still standing. The job ain't for everyone...I've developed a thick skin at work cuz NOBODY is going to get in the way of my very decent income, EXCELLENT health benefits, 6 paid weeks of vacay, and retiring w/my full pension. I don't load anymore...and I feel for our grunt workers--but I still sweat when performing my job duties. I believe in teamwork and helping out coworkers when they need it. UPS might try to make folks THINK their injuries are their fault...but management as well as the injured KNOW 95% of the time it's just the nature of the job... Upsides and downsides to this job...I've seen ppl RUN for the door on their first day...only the determined, tough, and strong will survive here. It takes a while, but it's all worth it. VERY casual atmosphere...grubbies, sweats, workboots, and iPods. They feed us on occasion, which is nice...and it can be a fun and social place...as long as you can laugh and work at the same time. I'm PROUD to be a UPSer...not too many chicks can handle it for as long as I have.

Finally_A_Full_Timer in Walnut Creek, California

3 months ago

Names_Not_Important in Coram, New York said: Just to give a little view into the world of full time drivers at UPS. The hardest part in becoming a full time driver driver at UPS is dealing with all the crap they throw at you in order for you to get the 30 days required to get into the union. You will work a few hours here and there so make sure you have money stashed away because you will need it during that process. If you are lucky enough to make your 30 days and get into the union you will need to prepare yourself for battle on a daily basis. It's the job of supervisors to squeeze every stop they can out of you. That's why drivers and management always but heads. So all of the stuff you used to to after work at your previous job, forget that, because there isn't much time left after working 11 and 12 hours a day. A 10 hour day is the standard at UPS and if you work less than that consider yourself lucky. Yes teh benefits are great but nothing is given to you at UPS. We earn everything we get. O ya, forgot to mention, from the day you start working there they start a file on you. It's a file that compiles all the stuff you do wrong so they can fire you. All you are to them is a machine and they will run that machine into the ground. And they preach safety safety safety but over dispatch you everyday. Work safely but hurry up. I know it sounds negative but it's reality.

You're a TEAMSTER baby...theee ONLY ways you can be fired is theft, drugs/alcohol on premises, SUUPER bad attendance, and fighting---the rest your union goes to bat for you and you keep your job.

Leslie Ann in Ruckersville, Virginia

2 months ago

smileyailie in Livonia, Michigan said: No job is worth being abused. Call the National Labor Relations Board.

The NLRB deals with unions,IE strike arbitration, not complaints by individuals. If you have an individual complaint against UPS, you go to your Teamsters local. That's what unions are for!

Clearlyyoureperfectformanagement in Aurora, Colorado

26 days ago

Noneya! in Sellersburg, Indiana said: E

To whoever went "on to be ALL THAT" cuz sounds like you think you may superior? Dude it's a job for kids.. Don't be on here bragging about how YOUR EXPERIENCE GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE, omg, you should be embarrassed. The REAL UPS, done left you in vacuum, it sucked all the oxygen from your cloned self. Honey, WHAT BROWN DOES FOR YOU? IS ONLY BECAUSE YOU KNEW OR ARE RELATED TO SOMEONE , ALSO PLEASE GET THAT STINKY BROWN OFF YOUR NOSE!!! Ewww!! That's ugly!! And check yourself? You are nobody special. People in even there crappy culture of the "playground" that's sickening to watch "adults" bully the workers? Did you do that? Because if so? You broke the Law !

You are perfect for UPS management, your level of wise cracks, cruelty and obvious hatred for anyone who has any kind of awakening.. Is clear as day.. Please apply right away.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.