Holidays at URS?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Cindy Straight

84 months ago

I'm curious what are the thanksgiving and christmas holidays like at URS? I currently get off the day after Thanksgiving and we are off Christmas through New Years for winter break, all paid days off and I'm curious if it's like this at URS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

computerdude in white planes, New York

64 months ago

well it depends, they took the personal holiday away after 9/11,and blamed it on the terrorist attacks. that was a 30 million dollar savings decision. there are no more christmas parties like the good ole days. With the merger of urs and the other companies, the business went from the family oriented business to a business that views everyone as disposable employees. Not assets. URS sends out christmas cards to all of the clients. but they just go through motions, as if they really care for the client, all that matters is the bottom line. . Your department may have a christmas lunch but overall its pretty lame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tinker681 in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Cindy Straight said: I'm curious what are the thanksgiving and christmas holidays like at URS? I currently get off the day after Thanksgiving and we are off Christmas through New Years for winter break, all paid days off and I'm curious if it's like this at URS?

Stay where you are. I had to organize the "Holiday Pot Luck". No Christmas in that office, and no help with providing anything like the meat either. They truly do believe in "disposable employees".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Damien in Texarkana, Texas

31 months ago

In my operation, we work 10 hour days. We have to take 2 vacation hours per holiday day to balance out our weeks. Between the holidays (11 = 22 hours) and the shutdown between Christmas and New Year (40 additional hours), and the fifth of July (10 hours) we have to take 72 of our 80 hours of Vacation ...Then we still have the 16 sick hours!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.