How to get a job at URS.

Comments (12)

Host

Do you work at URS? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

John J. Miranda in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts

97 months ago

I'd like to know how I go about submitting my resume for consideration to URS for the position of outreach coordinator on Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Trae in Pitts, Georgia

97 months ago

go to www.urscorp.com and apply online. It also helps to have someone from within the company to push your resume through.

URS Employee in Santa Barbara, California

96 months ago

Don't just apply online--they will get lost often in the URSCorp website. Find a contact and send them your resume through email or usps. Everyone we've hired recently goes to the urscorp.com website AFTER we interview them and are ready for the next step. Usually our applicants have found the job posting somewhere and send a resume in to whatever contact they find (it's not always the right contact, but it gets to the right person typically).

John Doerr in New York

96 months ago

Don't bother unless you want to live as a corporate pawn in an abusive work place. Anyone lower than a project manager gets no recognition or reward no matter what your job performance and management gets all the rewards and accolades for all your accomplishments

Captain J in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

[I agree, i thought it was just the Houston office like that, but from what i see on here, its nation wide...
WARNING... dont waste your time or talents at this company....

Captain Cods in Cocoa, Florida

95 months ago

Captain J - are you a rotary pilot ? why so upset ? Please let us know !

Captain J in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

I suggest you go to work for them and find out. Im miles up the ladder now with them seeing my tail lights. They are but a history lesson now..

Cynthia in Herndon, Virginia

94 months ago

Dear Employee in Santa Barbara:

I was reading this series of comments and decided I'd reply to your reply. I too would like to work for URS EG&G. Is it possible for me to send my resume to you? I do not know names of anyone in the company and as I mentioned above, would very much like to work for URS EG&G. I have applied on line via the company website and through Career Builders website. Any help you could provide is gretly appreciated.

URS Employee in Santa Barbara, California said: Don't just apply online--they will get lost often in the URSCorp website. Find a contact and send them your resume through email or usps. Everyone we've hired recently goes to the urscorp.com website AFTER we interview them and are ready for the next step. Usually our applicants have found the job posting somewhere and send a resume in to whatever contact they find (it's not always the right contact, but it gets to the right person typically).

laure cain in houston, Texas

94 months ago

I interviewed over there and they are paying way below scale. By at least 10.00/hr With today's job market as good as it is, this company should be more competitive in the salary department.
it's not worth it.

John Anderton in Aspen, Colorado

93 months ago

If you have a job in drafting, consider your self lucky, You have a toe hold in the door with other possible companies. I have been searching for my first rodeo for three and a half years, and have had 8 hits, five of which I was not able to accomadate. At that time . that was in the very beginning, But nothing since then. The last three have been from head hunters, Not businesses, Excuss me I had one from the east coast, But it was only a querry about wages. AS far as salary goes folks it varies from state to state. So long as you can pay your bills, and avoid debt. You should build your resume.Keep up with the soft ware. Mark your achievements, Try to get a written thank you for the work you did in advancing the "company" even if your boss got the credit. Then apply some place else. Stand out from the crowd and get the attention of the boss. And when HE says you did great, Try to get a letter from HIM to that effect, some times you'll get it most of time you wont. Even it is an "inhouse" NOTE. iT ALL ADS UP. I FINALLY GAVE UP ON CAD and went back to carpentry,Over fifty, forget a career change, to many youngsters out there.

Erik in Jacksonville, Florida

11 months ago

I've applied about 15 times. Some jobs were exactly what I did while in the navy. I got one interview for picking parts in a warehouse. I was clearly over qualified for that job I did not even get that job. I can't figure out what's up with this company. I knew a few people in Whidbey who worked for them and they liked the company. Maybe you have to have an insider. Seems kind of unfair.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.