Executive Salaries - Notice to USAA MEMBERS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

SecurityMikeB in San Antonio, Texas

82 months ago

Thanks for Info. This is suppose to be a not-for-profit company so why does he make the same as a CEO for a fortune 200 publicly traded company?
His retirement package is probably not included and could be in the millions.
Maybe at the next annual meeting more people will question the total compensation package. If they can get the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

from above in Deer Park, Texas

82 months ago

Who said it was non-profit? Im sure there is a USAA foundation that is non-profit. Are you referring to that fact that its a mutual company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

For members\subscribers like me, USAA is a Reciprocal interinsurance Exchange. Our subscriber savings account is retained by the AIF(Attorney In Fact). Our savings account can grow a lot more if the board of directors will stop approving huge salaries and bonuses for the executives. Like many in corporate America today, the board is in bed with the CEO and other executives. The members have little power to stop uncontrolled executive compensation. The off-shore work to India and brag about the savings so they justify a bigger bonus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

from above in Deer Park, Texas

82 months ago

Very interesting. I am a USAA member, but am also looking for employment with them despite all the negative coments. I see negative comments about most employers on here through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Simpla City in San Antonio, Texas

81 months ago

From above -

I understand your hesitation about the negative posts on this site, but plenty of friends of mine who are/were at USAA wish they would have known about this site prior to taking their jobs with USAA.

What type of job have you been offered? What is your background? Do you have any other offers from insurance agencies/banks? Seriously, the posts on this site are as close to truth-telling as it gets without sitting down across the table from a USAA employee outside of work.

Do you really want to work for a company where managers are coached on how to recognize and break apart employee unions? Do you want to waive your constitutional right to a jury trial by signing USAA's employee arbitration clause as a condition of you keeping your job? Do you want to be so bullied and harassed on a daily basis that you have to see a psychotherapist, even though you have never had issues with depression before?

Do yourself, your family, and whoever else is impacted by your livelihood a favor and do not take the job with USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

If you work for USAA quit as soon as possible.

Bob Marley - Redemption song says it best;

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

from above in Galveston, Texas

81 months ago

I haven't been offered a job by USAA. I graduate in December with a BBA in Marketing. I did an internship with State Farm, but did not really care for the agent business model. I've applied for a few positions with USAA, the only one I heard back from was a member service rep and thats because they cancelled their December and January training classes. They said I was automatically considered for the February class, obviously no guarantee. I was looking at Progressive, Countrywide and Fastenal and they all have pretty bad reviews. If I went back to State Farm, I would be in claims making 12/hr in claims, not what I want to do. To be an agent, you have to be crooked and ignorant, which I am not either. Are all departments that bad? Of coarse I don't want to work for a company as the forum portrays. Unfortunately , I've yet to find much positive from any company I've been looking at. If this CEO aka King is that bad, will he be around that long? It sounds like the board lacks power to do something about it. So as my job search continues, I guess I'm trying to find the best of the worst.

Thanks for all the feedback!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Why is the CEO also Chairman of the board? Who the hell voted for that? It seems as though you have to be in the military to make it to the top.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Like I said it's a hand picked, rubber stamp, board of directors. A bunch of do nothing good old boys and girls who collect a paycheck, nice travel perks and slap each other on the back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

from above in Galveston, Texas said: I haven't been offered a job by USAA. I graduate in December with a BBA in Marketing. I did an internship with State Farm, but did not really care for the agent business model. I've applied for a few positions with USAA, the only one I heard back from was a member service rep and thats because they cancelled their December and January training classes. They said I was automatically considered for the February class, obviously no guarantee. I was looking at Progressive, Countrywide and Fastenal and they all have pretty bad reviews. If I went back to State Farm, I would be in claims making 12/hr in claims, not what I want to do. To be an agent, you have to be crooked and ignorant, which I am not either. Are all departments that bad? Of coarse I don't want to work for a company as the forum portrays. Unfortunately , I've yet to find much positive from any company I've been looking at. If this CEO aka King is that bad, will he be around that long? It sounds like the board lacks power to do something about it. So as my job search continues, I guess I'm trying to find the best of the worst.

Thanks for all the feedback!

From above -

You are to be commended for doing research on USAA and the other companies you mention prior to graduation. Unless you are absolutely 100% certain that you want to go into insurance, you might be better-served to take your talents elsewhere. You will likely find the same bureaucracy with other insurance agencies - their whole business model is based off of managing risk, so unless you are an actuary or really mild-mannered, you may want to avoid insurance. If you want to work in San Antonio, there are plenty of worthwhile and "mostly" ethical employers to look at - no one company is going to be fully staffed by completely honest people all the time. But with a BBA in Marketing, Dallas or Houston could be better - they both have 4-5X more Fortune 500 companies than San Antonio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Simpla City in San Antonio, Texas said: From above -

You are to be commended for doing research on USAA and the other companies you mention prior to graduation. Unless you are absolutely 100% certain that you want to go into insurance, you might be better-served to take your talents elsewhere. You will likely find the same bureaucracy with other insurance agencies - their whole business model is based off of managing risk, so unless you are an actuary or really mild-mannered, you may want to avoid insurance. If you want to work in San Antonio, there are plenty of worthwhile and "mostly" ethical employers to look at - no one company is going to be fully staffed by completely honest people all the time. But with a BBA in Marketing, Dallas or Houston could be better - they both have 4-5X more Fortune 500 companies than San Antonio.

And about the CEO - he plans to retire in two years, but he will have left a horrific wake of destruction. He has been employed there for close to ten years, the last five as CEO. If you want to work for a company that will continue to downsize (you say the December and January classes were cancelled - perhaps due to either a hiring freeze or an attempt to do preemptive damage control after the rumored 10-20% layoffs that are coming late 2007, early 2008), continue to outsource (the company employs at least a thousand contractors from India's Tata Consulting Agency, and these poor folks are treated like indentured servants) while encouraging schizophrenic, abusive leadership, then you certainly want to be part of the USAA communist bloc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I think USAA's off-shore and on-shore visa Indians account for about 50% of the IT people. Probably more since I left. I'm surprise they don't waterboard the Indians to work harder since technically it's not torture, at least according to Bush. USAA is far far right of the neocons. Also they tend to promote Americans of India or Asia origin who don't have a problem abusing their own kind. And they call it diversity. Sick. Glad to hear the CEO (Dr. Stranglelove) is leaving I hope he has time to reflect on his sins and his meaningless life at the top.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Credence in NY, New York

81 months ago

I think the CEO is resigning because he is just as popular as Bush. Nobody with a brain wants to work for him that's why they off-shore the work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Discovery in San Antonio, Texas

81 months ago

Whatever you do… please, discourage anyone you care about from getting a job at USAA. I could post, in great detail, all of the problems systemic to USAA. In fact, to illustrate how wasteful they are with the member’s money I could even detail all the compensation and pay that employees and execs get, but all that would get me is the relentless attack of USAA's attorney's... many of which I know. Keeping it simple… USAA is a highly hypocritical and dysfunctional organization that you would all be best served to stay far away. Even I must admit that I was over-compensated and traveled on the corporate jet more times than I care to admit... when a flight on SWA would have been just fine. I accepted a job specifically because it was supposed to be an organization with a highly honorable mission. It does have a great mission… in writing only, but anyone can give you lip service. Just beware!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

PTown in Phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

I work at USAA. SecurityMikeB, obviously you quit for good reasons, and they're your own... but I love it. I've been here for 7 years, and have been treated with respect and professionalism throughout. Now that I've held 3 different titles, I can honestly say as long as you are being an engaged employee, you will be rewarded well. We receive larger bonuses, and competitive pay. Those who have been fired? Find one that USAA cannot justify :-P If you aren't good at your job, don't expect to keep it.

It is a reciprocal company, but that does not mean that it is non-profit.

Find any other insurance company who will give you their profit margin, and go to them. Now since you can't, be thankful you receive any dividend, because GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, Statefar ... blah blah blah --- they simply don't give anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

happy former employee in Sun City, Arizona

81 months ago

PTown in Phoenix, Arizona said: I work at USAA. SecurityMikeB, obviously you quit for good reasons, and they're your own... but I love it. I've been here for 7 years, and have been treated with respect and professionalism throughout. Now that I've held 3 different titles, I can honestly say as long as you are being an engaged employee, you will be rewarded well. We receive larger bonuses, and competitive pay. Those who have been fired? Find one that USAA cannot justify :-P If you aren't good at your job, don't expect to keep it.

It is a reciprocal company, but that does not mean that it is non-profit.

Find any other insurance company who will give you their profit margin, and go to them. Now since you can't, be thankful you receive any dividend, because GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, Statefar ... blah blah blah --- they simply don't give anything.

Can you explain why we received a check from our State Farm Ins Co? since they don't give anything...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

State Farm is a mutual company, where the policy holders own the company. They do pay dividends. I dont think its nearly as much as what USAA pays though. I think I got $130 last year from USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

from above in Galveston, Texas said: State Farm is a mutual company, where the policy holders own the company. They do pay dividends. I dont think its nearly as much as what USAA pays though. I think I got $130 last year from USAA.

The refund depends on the amount of products, just like USAA; as well as your tenure with the company.

We got much more than that; but we've had State Farm 25+ years and have numerous products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia

80 months ago

Sue Me. in Gig Harbor, Washington said: This is to all USAA Members ONLY!
Do you know how much compensation Bob Davis and other executives get?
The members own the company! Please write to Bob Davis and ask. Who is monitoring USAA, not the rubberstamp board of directors.

Well it costs money to have a corporate jet. Davis just throws the employees some crumbs and they grovel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bod D in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

Wow. So did Davis resigned because he lost or stoled billions of SSA money using SIVs? I can't wait to see the annual report. I would guess no bonuses this year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

My dividend check was measly this year...only $56. Thats much less than it normally is. Something is going on up top.I don't think there were any major hurricane claims that were paid out this year either.

Bod D in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

Did Davis lose billions like Citigroup, Etrade, Merrill Lynch, Bear Stearns..other and is your PENSION safe, is USAA near bankruptcy, will you have a job next week? Will India buy USAA? HAHAHA. Get ready for major problems besides your bonus. USAA can not be the only financial company to escape the huge loses. USAA employees better start praying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia

80 months ago

If that's true it doesn't surprise me Davis always looked and appeared less than honorable in my opinion.

thrilled in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

I urge everyone to visit the website from "indeed indeed" (the second comment on this page) regarding the compensation received by certain CEOs, especially USAA's Bob Davis's 2005 $4.1 million and 2006 $3.8 million. It makes my skin crawl. How does he sleep at nite? Probably much better than the rest of us. If you have no conscience, you have nothing to worry about. Certainly not the millions of policyholders and thousands of employees and retirees. Even though he's gone now, I still worry for the victims he left in his wake, including myself. It's easy to tell from the other comments in this blog who was a friend of Bob. At least Bob should have enough money to cover that extra child support he should be paying. got en

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Content Ex Employee in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

How short your memories are. When Bob Davis took over USAA was a hare's breath from bankruptcy. The stock market was high and claims, bonuses, etc were all paid from the earning on the companies portfolio. It was Davis who had the hard job of running USAA like a company instead of an entitlment company. I came in shortly after he arrived and was amazed by the lazy, spoiled and whining employees I found. These were people for whom USAA paid for not one, but two degrees. The same people who had half their families working there and enjoy bonuses so large they paid off their homes. They whined when their lunch mention was no longer subsidized but stood on line and happily forked over as much as six bucks several times a day for starbucks coffee. If you are an ex employee so what. Get over it. Get another job. You were not a slave. You were paid for services your performed. You served at the will of your employer. It is what it is. If you're a current employee and not happy -- please -- GET ANOTHER DAMN JOB!

Every company has horrible people. Should Dawn have been promoted to President of anything -- probably not. But who in the organization would have been better -- you didn't want Karen. You hated Maria. And noboby trusted Mark. So you got Dawn. Davis took a chance on new young talent that would carry the company into the future. Maybe it worked -- maybe not. But someone had to do something and he was the right person at that time.

USAA no longer needs him so he's gone -- for whatever reason. Now -- let me suggest that all of you move on as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

KingGeorgeTheZERO in San Quentin, California

75 months ago

Bob D certainly did some good things when he first started. He instilled fear into his subordinats to obtain loyality, just like George Bush. It was my way or the highway. USAA was never close to Bankruptcy, that was part of the propaganda machine to instill fear and a sense of urgency, just like BUSH. The threat of a slight Bond downgrade is not bankruptcy. Just like Iraq was not a threat to America. It's called taking advantage of a bad situation for personal benefit. Then the lies began, lie after lie after lie. I know many in management who could not believe the snake oil they were selling. Offshore 5%, then 10, then 20, the 30% then 40% and then they stopped counting and talking about it. It was all the lies that caused the problems. The complete disconnect between words and actions. Like Bush being a compassionate conservative. Speak up only if you agree or it will make me look good. Davis could make a descent speech if he was talking to 5th graders or brainwashed-braindead idiots. After the speech he would do whatever he wanted to do, just like Bush. He was a man of his time for a failed nation, a liar, a bully, an egomaniac, just like our failed president.
Well maybe it was all those layers of management that were lying, it's called plausible deny-ability. It only works when you are at the top. You be the judge.
Yes - move we have, cancel products - we have. Found some good people to work for - we have. I feel sorry for Dawn because in the end she probably got treated the same way the employees did, people don't change that much.
Thank God.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Escierto in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

Bob was a bully, pure and simple. Like many bullies he got what he deserved in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BarelyBreathingBunnies in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Content Ex Employee in Dallas, Texas said: How short your memories are. When Bob Davis took over USAA was a hare's breath from bankruptcy...

USAA no longer needs him so he's gone -- for whatever reason. Now -- let me suggest that all of you move on as well.

I've been lurking in this forum for a while but this post made me want to be legit. Let me start by saying that I agree with several of your points. Many people enjoyed fantastic benefits in the golden age of USAA that they seem to have forgotten. The counter to that is many of us work really really hard earning every stinkin' cent and every stinkin' perk. I also agree that there are too many people running around who make working at USAA miserable, whether they're in management or not. FWIW, Bob was a tool. He took the whole "run it like a business" thing way too far. We lost many employees during his regime. Some needed to go and they earned their ticket out. Some didn't deserve it. I can't speak to those cases where it wasn't deserved so I'll leave that argument to the capable keyboards of this forum's regular posters.

But this isn't why I was compelled to go legit...it was the "hare's breath". That made me laugh after my 10 hour day toiling away so that I can proudly say "I know what it means to serve". It conjoured images of bunnies with bad breath and <cheeks reddening> even a bunny ranch run by Bob and starring Dawn as his "head gal". Thanks for the laugh. It made my day. <heeheehee>

BTW, the phrase you were looking for is "hair's breadth". Sadly, it's not the least bit amusing written this way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Frank Leigh in Chesapeake, Virginia

74 months ago

KingGeorgeTheZERO in San Quentin, California said: Bob D certainly did some good things when he first started. He instilled fear into his subordinats to obtain loyality, just like George Bush. It was my way or the highway. USAA was never close to Bankruptcy, that was part of the propaganda machine to instill fear and a sense of urgency, just like BUSH. The threat of a slight Bond downgrade is not bankruptcy. Just like Iraq was not a threat to America. It's called taking advantage of a bad situation for personal benefit. Then the lies began, lie after lie after lie. I know many in management who could not believe the snake oil they were selling. Offshore 5%, then 10, then 20, the 30% then 40% and then they stopped counting and talking about it. It was all the lies that caused the problems. The complete disconnect between words and actions. Like Bush being a compassionate conservative. Speak up only if you agree or it will make me look good. Davis could make a descent speech if he was talking to 5th graders or brainwashed-braindead idiots. After the speech he would do whatever he wanted to do, just like Bush. He was a man of his time for a failed nation, a liar, a bully, an egomaniac, just like our failed president.
Well maybe it was all those layers of management that were lying, it's called plausible deny-ability. It only works when you are at the top. You be the judge.
Yes - move we have, cancel products - we have. Found some good people to work for - we have. I feel sorry for Dawn because in the end she probably got treated the same way the employees did, people don't change that much.
Thank God.

Dear Lord, how many Bush references are in there...like 10? Are you sure you got the right forum?

I sure will be glad when the next President is elected, and all of the Bush haters will have nothing to be angry about...as if.

Let's stick to the USAA topic, if you would. Thx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Johnna Calverase in Jyderup, Denmark

70 months ago

You may love your job but your customers are getting fed up with the increasingly poor service. I have been with USAA 20 year...I fired them yersterday...its seems they are hiring lesser qualiuty people these days who dont know the golden rule...its a reflection of top management. I am tired of giving my money to people who treat me lousey. Game Over.

Great place to work??...hmmm fell off the top companies to work for and the overwhelming number of negative posts here (I have never seen this many) tell the true story.

There are other insurance companies and banks who a better job for USAA for far less money. Probably because they treat their employees and customers better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Louieveal in Louisville, Kentucky

60 months ago

Obviously, this site is going to be skewed toward negativity. People that feel mistreated have more of an emotional stake in voicing thier opinions.i.e. it feels to good to be able to vent.

I have been offered a position at USAA as Financial Planner. The responses I have recieved from an earlier post have been less than helpful. They do not seem to have a clue as to what a planner really does or they have sat close to planner but was not really sure what they do.

Here is what I have been told:I will have fifteen appointments a week over the phone that are all doing planning with individuals that have at least $1,000,000 in assets at USAA or have paid a fee for the service. There is no setting up appointments as they will be set according to my schedule for me. I can work a flex schedule that includes four off hours appointments. I have also been told I will be a glorified telemarketer.

The salary plus bonus is good, not great.

I have checked other companies and only one has as many negative comments.

What is the real deal at USAA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

The job description you were given will be changed, 'for business reasons', if you don't like it you will be told you are free to leave. We were all told a glowing description, the reality is posted on this site.

The turn over rate is close to 50%, a record number are out on stress leave; all management does is scratch their head and ask for suggestions what could be causing this? When you answer, if you are so inclined, you will be taken to task for being negative. From that point on, you will be on 'the list' of disgruntled employees.

If you accept employment with them, take a lot of the advice here to heart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DK3384 in phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

Louieveal in Louisville, Kentucky said: Obviously, this site is going to be skewed toward negativity. People that feel mistreated have more of an emotional stake in voicing thier opinions.i.e. it feels to good to be able to vent.

I have been offered a position at USAA as Financial Planner. The responses I have recieved from an earlier post have been less than helpful. They do not seem to have a clue as to what a planner really does or they have sat close to planner but was not really sure what they do.

Here is what I have been told:I will have fifteen appointments a week over the phone that are all doing planning with individuals that have at least $1,000,000 in assets at USAA or have paid a fee for the service. There is no setting up appointments as they will be set according to my schedule for me. I can work a flex schedule that includes four off hours appointments. I have also been told I will be a glorified telemarketer.

The salary plus bonus is good, not great.

I have checked other companies and only one has as many negative comments.

What is the real deal at USAA?

Take the job at USAA. It's a great place to work. Skewed? Hmmm I guess the Gallup poll USAA paid $$ for that shows only 4% of employees are happy with their jobs is skewed as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stephnava in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

USAA is a great place to work. I recently left my job with B of A to move half way across the country for a spot with USAA. They are a great, loyal company who really do care about the members and their family. USAA does the right thing because its the right thing to do!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

SecurityMikeB in San Antonio, Texas said: Thanks for Info. This is suppose to be a not-for-profit company so why does he make the same as a CEO for a fortune 200 publicly traded company?
His retirement package is probably not included and could be in the millions.
Maybe at the next annual meeting more people will question the total compensation package. If they can get the truth.

Because USAA is a sham.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

stephnava in San Antonio, Texas said: USAA is a great place to work. I recently left my job with B of A to move half way across the country for a spot with USAA. They are a great, loyal company who really do care about the members and their family. USAA does the right thing because its the right thing to do!

USAA randomly fires employees to create a turnover. There is no objective employee evaluation system so the brown nosers prevail. USAA will only help a member if USAA sells them a product. If this is a great company, I'd hate to see a bad one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

stephnava in San Antonio, Texas

57 months ago

DK3384 in phoenix, Arizona said: USAA randomly fires employees to create a turnover. There is no objective employee evaluation system so the brown nosers prevail. USAA will only help a member if USAA sells them a product. If this is a great company, I'd hate to see a bad one.

Do you work for USAA? have you ever worked for USAA in the HR department or ina mangerial position? Since moving to Tx I have been divorced struggled with being a single mom working for full and going to school while taking care of two kids full time yet USAA has been VERY acomidating to my sitaution. If a person keeps their nose clean and does a great job then they have nothing to worry about and that is the same with every company! USAA put's to much time money and sweat into training new employees to just turn around and dismiss them. The idea is crazy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lee_ Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia

57 months ago

stephnava in San Antonio, Texas said: USAA is a great place to work. I recently left my job with B of A to move half way across the country for a spot with USAA. They are a great, loyal company who really do care about the members and their family. USAA does the right thing because its the right thing to do!

Yeah such stellar examples like the former CEO banging an underling and promoting her. Like taking away the pension and letting people bet their futures on the stock market. Like firing people for assinine reasons. Give it up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

azul in Lexington Park, Maryland

48 months ago

Phx PS suicide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phonejocky in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

azul in Lexington Park, Maryland said: Phx PS suicide

Do you have any details? I heard rumor of that last month, has there been a new one? (Wouldn't surprise me)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

scottsummit2010@gmail.com in Santa Monica, California

29 months ago

stephnava in San Antonio, Texas said: Do you work for USAA? have you ever worked for USAA in the HR department or ina mangerial position? Since moving to Tx I have been divorced struggled with being a single mom working for full and going to school while taking care of two kids full time yet USAA has been VERY acomidating to my sitaution. If a person keeps their nose clean and does a great job then they have nothing to worry about and that is the same with every company! USAA put's to much time money and sweat into training new employees to just turn around and dismiss them. The idea is crazy!

Sounds like you deserve more. Maybe Robles CEO can take a freakin pay cut and drop down from his 6 million on the insurance side and help out people like you or unemployed VETS. And remember the 6 Million was only on the insurance side. he really made more than that. Why does a General in the military with full retirement need or can he feel good about accepting 100"s of times his military salary. A general makes around 200 K hell double that and he is fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

from above in Deer Park, Texas said: Very interesting. I am a USAA member, but am also looking for employment with them despite all the negative coments. I see negative comments about most employers on here through.

I agree you do see negative comments about tons of employers. I guess it's better to join the rans in the tough time a screw the poor people. That's what I'm gonna do I guess. CEO of USAA was making 200K + as a General in the military and decides to get out and get hooked up with millions at USAA while many military people struggle. I need to start screwing some folks and get ahead. not sure how he feels good about him self.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

SecurityMikeB in San Antonio, Texas said: Like I said it's a hand picked, rubber stamp, board of directors. A bunch of do nothing good old boys and girls who collect a paycheck, nice travel perks and slap each other on the back.

dude you are right on!!! You nailed that one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

DK3384 in phoenix, Arizona said: Because USAA is a sham.

Go on USAA Forms and raise hell like I did, can't let then slide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.