Troubled Employees

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

clarissa76 in Phoenix, Arizona

63 months ago

I read earlier that USAA has perfect employees- those with great credit and nothing on their public records.

I wonder how many employees have been affected by foreclosure, especially those in the Phoenix area. How will that affect their 5/10 yr background check or will it at all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennie30 in Wesley Chapel, Florida

63 months ago

I have been at USAA for 21 years. Believe me, not every employee is perfect, with a great credit and nothing on public records. Maybe one time a long long time ago but not anymore. Until the economy took a turn for the worse they couldn't hold on to employees, couldn't keep properly staffed, paid employees to refer new employees. The "perfection" has been watered down, believe me. There are PLENTY of employees with lousy credit (due to trying to keep up with the Joneses), bankruptcies (before economy took a downturn), and public records; I found quite a few employees on the Hillsborough County Arrest Inquiry (Tampa) website and found a couple of DUI's and one, let's just say, for an offense worse than a DUI. A high ranking employee allegedly had a DUI but it dropped off the site because it was more than 5 or 10 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clabastida in Frisco, Texas

63 months ago

Jennie30, I wonder if you could help me to get my resume to the appropriate person over in USAA. I read about a Documentum Developer position that I am extremely interested in, but has grown disenchanted with submitting resumes online (I think they are never paid attention to). I wonder if it is a good idea to go in person to USAA inquiring about this position or if there is a better way to do it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MrAZ in Anytown, Arizona

63 months ago

clabastida in Frisco, Texas said: Jennie30, I wonder if you could help me to get my resume to the appropriate person over in USAA. I read about a Documentum Developer position that I am extremely interested in, but has grown disenchanted with submitting resumes online (I think they are never paid attention to). I wonder if it is a good idea to go in person to USAA inquiring about this position or if there is a better way to do it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Skip going in person. The campus in Phoenix and I would assume in SAT will not allow a visitor to just walk-on. You are right in that resumes sent online will mostly be ignored. Though my besta dvice to anyone is to skip thinking about working for this company in the first place. There is somehting very wrong with a company that doesn't want it's largest customer base but needs them to survive. (E1s thru E5s, this means you!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.