USAA Outsourcing Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Bobby Flagg in Hot Springs, Arkansas

53 months ago

USAA is on the list of U.S. Companies that outsource. I find it ironic since they make their money primarily from U.S. Military families and U.S. consumers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

2628 in San Antonio, Texas

52 months ago

As a previous employee I can tell you that USAA is on a mission to outsource 50%or more of its IT operations and software development. They have outsourced software development since the late 90's but in the last four years they have stepped up the aggression with moving jobs overseas. They are also aggressively outsourcing the back office processing for claims, mortgages and other banking and insurance operations. These latter initiatives began in 2010. I spent time in Chennai with the movement and hiring of personnel and they now have approximately 1500 or more third party personnel working in Chennai and other India locations. Additionally, they have a very large third party population working in the San Antonio location, approximately 1000 or more.

I often wondered how their customer base would feel about USAA's lack of commitment to keep investing in US jobs, especially since it's members have dedicated their lives for the freedom of this country and a better quality of life in the US. I know USAA won't admit to the numbers of jobs given away but I can tell you that for the San Antonio area it has displaced a large population of domestic employment.

Maybe their membership should be aware of who is really taking care of their money and how much security can you really provide for it's membership.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas

52 months ago

2628 in San Antonio, Texas said: As a previous employee I can tell you that USAA is on a mission to outsource 50%or more of its IT operations and software development. They have outsourced software development since the late 90's but in the last four years they have stepped up the aggression with moving jobs overseas. They are also aggressively outsourcing the back office processing for claims, mortgages and other banking and insurance operations. These latter initiatives began in 2010. I spent time in Chennai with the movement and hiring of personnel and they now have approximately 1500 or more third party personnel working in Chennai and other India locations. Additionally, they have a very large third party population working in the San Antonio location, approximately 1000 or more.

I often wondered how their customer base would feel about USAA's lack of commitment to keep investing in US jobs, especially since it's members have dedicated their lives for the freedom of this country and a better quality of life in the US. I know USAA won't admit to the numbers of jobs given away but I can tell you that for the San Antonio area it has displaced a large population of domestic employment.

Maybe their membership should be aware of who is really taking care of their money and how much security can you really provide for it's membership.

You are exactly right. Many of our back office, non-member contact work is handled by India contractors. Our staff in San Antonio is about half contractors if not more. I am amazed and distraught at how much USAA doesn't care about giving good jobs to employees rather than foreign contractors. They are only concerned about the bottom line. People are an expendable commodity to USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.