USAA Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at USAA?

What do you like best about working at USAA? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

interest in Winfield, Illinois

90 months ago

This is something I would like to know myself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

ex- employee in Fremont, California

85 months ago

There pay is lower than the industry average. Benefits are good, but they are a horrible company to work for and treat the employees terribly. It is a prison atmosphere with people leaving daily.

Try any other insurance company for a highr salary and flexibility

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

NICOLE in Watertown, New York

84 months ago

AND THEY ALSO TREAT THEIR CLIENTS THE SAME WAY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

18 year employee in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Lie, cheat, and steal? What in the world are you talking about? Is there anything of substance behind your drama? Wait - you're quick to call people you don't know idiots and fools.....and you didn't find USAA a good fit. Maybe that was a good call after all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Your responses seem incoherent. She didn't assume you were a quitter, you said you quit about 8 posts up. I'm not making judgements or baseless assumptions - just observing the ones you're displaying with terms & phrases such as labeling posters as "brainwashed fools", "idiot", "you're probably a deceptive person", and so on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bubble Butt in Virginia Beach, Virginia

84 months ago

The head of P&C just released a statement wherein he stated that P&C is not meeting employee retention goals.

There's a reason for that - extremely high stress work environment, and diminishing benefits. GEICO pays as well, is stable, has equal or better benefits, and the rumor has it better employee treatment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jm_cloudnine in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

I was interested in the answer to the initial question ...what is the starting salary for the call center or bank originators? also what is the pay during training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

jm_cloudnine in San Antonio, Texas said: I was interested in the answer to the initial question ...what is the starting salary for the call center or bank originators? also what is the pay during training?

In claims the starting pay is $12.50-$14.00 per hour. Same pay during training. Benefits are ok. Insurance is through Humana. It's self-funded (so USAA sets the rules) but at least it's something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OogieBoogie in Sacramento, California

83 months ago

jm_cloudnine in San Antonio, Texas said: I was interested in the answer to the initial question ...what is the starting salary for the call center or bank originators? also what is the pay during training?

If you have a degree expect a slightly higher wage. With a B.A they increased my starting wage to $16/hr. Otherwise Lisa is pretty spot on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jm_cloudnine in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

thank you Lisa ..for the info ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in New Braunfels, Texas

83 months ago

Hi ... I would like to apply for a job at USAA and I am interested if they would accept a degree from a different country. I graduated college and my degree is in finance. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in San Antonio, Texas

83 months ago

Laura in New Braunfels, Texas said: Hi ... I would like to apply for a job at USAA and I am interested if they would accept a degree from a different country. I graduated college and my degree is in finance. Thank you.

A degree is not mandatory at USAA. But if you have a degree from any country is a good way to get maybe $1-2 more per hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Antonio in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Dan in Roseville, California said: The person speaking positively is probably one of the brainwashed managers. Most of the employees are unhappy. USAA is more concerned with image than substance, they look good on all those surveys but in reality people are really unhappy. Last year USAA gave out one of its lowest bonuses even though the company is making billions of dollars.

Again, the person above is one of the brainwashed fools who represent maybe 1% of USAA's workforce.

From what I have read on another forum regarding USAA, I'll have to say that Dan's comments have lots of validity. Check out the forum: "What's the company culture at USAA?" and make your own assessment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Dan in Sacramento, California said: Not fired, quit, who's butt are you kissing to enjoy your job? And Jean, arent you a property manager? I know who you are, of course a manager trying to talk this company up.

Let's see. You said "not fired, quit". Which, pretty means you said you weren't fired but that you quit. Or did you mean something different by "not fired"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

ah, wait. we're both crossing wires here. you quit, she assumed you were fired, you didn't like, responded verbosely, I spoke up, and etc. Heh, you made the same oversight I did, yet I'm not a manager. Were you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dee Jones in norfolk, Virginia

81 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at USAA?

What do you like best about working at USAA? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

For the area I worked in Norfolk, VA, the pay is higher than the jobs here. This area is notoriously low paying.

The bonuses, two a year, were wonderful. The medical the last couple of years was so-so. The onsite cafeteria, store, fitness center and nurse were great too, albeit, a little big brother-esque.

They pay for school , not reimbursement but with a corporate credit card. You get a credit limit of $5250 for eligible expenses per year. This was really great. A few years ago it was unlimited.

Thre is a lot of bashing going on about USAA, and I could throw that party believe me, but the bottom line is that was a good place to gain customer service and insurance experience. Unfortunately, the are leaving the door open for people to take this great knowledge to other employers, like I and many of my co workers have done.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Schmoe in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

The FAC is an awesome place to work. There is very little stress. You talk about really simple financial topics with members and are recognized if someone needs a savings account or wants to set up a retirement program.

I have heard a lot of negativity from P&C folks, so I recommend you work towards getting your investment licenses and get a BA so you can work in the FAC. There's a licensing program now through LIIS. By the way, keep those referrals coming, you guys are providing really good quality referrals of members who need our advice!

You start around $21 - $23 per hour and you get paid OT, which is unheard of in the financial service industry! Sure your base is a little lower, but if you work more than 40 hours you are rewarded for it unlike other investment houses that force you to work for free after 40 hours.

If you want to be a portfolio manager, your best bet is to get in through the portfolio management area right away. There is little hope of transferring from sales to portfolio management.

If you want to pursue higher ed, they pay for your MBA, CFA and your CFP and will give you paid time off for it. You also get 4 weeks off to start where most places give you 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia

79 months ago

For Policy Service you start at about 24k but I worked there 3 years and with bonuses made about 38k. You get two weeks holdiday pay every December and a performance bonus every February, if you met or exceeded expectations. Benefits are okay they did away with an annuity based retirement now it's all 401k, 8 percent dollar for dollar. They also give wellness benefits, I used to buy exercise equipment every year with it. If you are new do not even think about getting a week off in the summer.

The company is wonderful as long as you aren't on the phones if you are in policy service it's pretty much a dead end job.
Managers constantly chant the corporate mantra and praise all that is USAA and was Bob Davis. Never be one minute late back from lunch or break, your every move and literally every breath is monitored.
You are coached on everything from hold time to pauses in conversation to not "educating" ie selling members products.
While in the beginning it is a good concept to let members know about life insurance, financial advice and banking it becomes selling when those referrals are counted on your stats (a printout of every moment you spend at USAA).

I couldn't take it anymore and one day just quit, it's a toxic environment and reminds one of a sweatshop boiler room type job only at a shared desk. I make less now but am sooooo much happier. My advice is stay and see if this new CEO is any better, I heard from older employees that McDerrmot was wonderful to employees, members and the community.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Frank Leigh in Chesapeake, Virginia

79 months ago

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: For Policy Service you start at about 24k but I worked there 3 years and with bonuses made about 38k. You get two weeks holdiday pay every December and a performance bonus every February, if you met or exceeded expectations. Benefits are okay they did away with an annuity based retirement now it's all 401k, 8 percent dollar for dollar. They also give wellness benefits, I used to buy exercise equipment every year with it. If you are new do not even think about getting a week off in the summer.

The company is wonderful as long as you aren't on the phones if you are in policy service it's pretty much a dead end job.
Managers constantly chant the corporate mantra and praise all that is USAA and was Bob Davis. Never be one minute late back from lunch or break, your every move and literally every breath is monitored.
You are coached on everything from hold time to pauses in conversation to not "educating" ie selling members products.
While in the beginning it is a good concept to let members know about life insurance, financial advice and banking it becomes selling when those referrals are counted on your stats (a printout of every moment you spend at USAA).

I couldn't take it anymore and one day just quit, it's a toxic environment and reminds one of a sweatshop boiler room type job only at a shared desk. I make less now but am sooooo much happier. My advice is stay and see if this new CEO is any better, I heard from older employees that McDerrmot was wonderful to employees, members and the community.

That's a really good assessment Lee...nice job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Calm Down in Phoenix, Arizona

78 months ago

USAA also pays for your education up to $5250 for full time employees which is a wonderful thing as well.

I have never once had to pay out of pocket for a medical visit and I had a new baby and never had to pay anything.

Any fees that are assessed for medical are paid for out of a card that USAA puts money onto.

As with any job, when you work as a frontline employee there is going to be morale issues at times and you feel like you're being monitored but it's all perspective. What some people may see as a lot, others will see as no big deal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer1125 in Dallas, Texas

78 months ago

Do they offer any kind of relocation assistance? I'm in Tx, but interviewing with Norfolk later this week. Also, how long do you have to work there to be eligible for the bonuses? I'm sure I'll find all this out in my interview, but I am curious-I'd like to have some info going in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ex 10 Year Employee in Mansfield, Texas

78 months ago

Jennifer1125 in Dallas, Texas said: Do they offer any kind of relocation assistance? I'm in Tx, but interviewing with Norfolk later this week. Also, how long do you have to work there to be eligible for the bonuses? I'm sure I'll find all this out in my interview, but I am curious-I'd like to have some info going in.

All I know, having moved from the Norfolk (10/2007) area is that it is considerably more expensive than the Dallas area. They do offer relocation assistance, but the posting will state whether the position is available for assistance. Please evaluate the entire package and cost of living increase prior to accepting the offer. Also, consider that VA has income tax and that will also reduce the bring home pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

technomad in Mesa, Arizona

78 months ago

I personally think the medical benefits are pretty mediocre considering I work for a very large insurance company. If you never go to the doctor, its great because the month costs are pretty low. If you're like me, who goes to the doc every two months and received expensive meds for arthritis, its a pretty expensive cost. USAA doesn't have co-pay, its percent based. Humana pays 90%, you pay 10% for everything. So you have to really watch what the doctor does because you gotta pay for it. He wants an x-ray and blood work? How much is it? A standard visit now costs $100 instead of $10. I have to max out my out of pockets costs before Humana picks it up. That means I pay around $3k a year before it kicks in. In ever other job I've had since my arthritis issues, I've gotten 100% coverage from day one. You do get a debit card with 1k on it but for me thats one visit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dea0002 in San Antonio, Texas

78 months ago

I recently joined USAA in the Enterprise Business Operations group in a manager position. My offer was for $85K base, with $10K signing bonus, eligibility for the annual bonuses, and a very comprehensive relocation package.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jmclaug76 in Little Rock, Arkansas

77 months ago

I've applied for a position and I was hoping to hear a few more details on the relocation package as I currently live in Arkansas. Can you shed any more light on the package? For example, do they help with costs of selling your old home and/or buying a new one (commissions, closing, etc.)? Also, do they assist w/ moving expenses? Are things handled via lump sum, directly paid for, or reimbursed? Any additional detail would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jim green in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

Joe Schmoe in San Antonio, Texas said: The FAC is an awesome place to work. There is very little stress. You talk about really simple financial topics with members and are recognized if someone needs a savings account or wants to set up a retirement program.

I have heard a lot of negativity from P&C folks, so I recommend you work towards getting your investment licenses and get a BA so you can work in the FAC. There's a licensing program now through LIIS. By the way, keep those referrals coming, you guys are providing really good quality referrals of members who need our advice!

You start around $21 - $23 per hour and you get paid OT, which is unheard of in the financial service industry! Sure your base is a little lower, but if you work more than 40 hours you are rewarded for it unlike other investment houses that force you to work for free after 40 hours.

If you want to be a portfolio manager, your best bet is to get in through the portfolio management area right away. There is little hope of transferring from sales to portfolio management.

If you want to pursue higher ed, they pay for your MBA, CFA and your CFP and will give you paid time off for it. You also get 4 weeks off to start where most places give you 2.

Mr. Shmoe,

I am considering applying for the investment rep. what does this job entail? I have my series 7 as of last year? any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

15 year Employee in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

I just left USAA after 15 years and it is not the same company it use to be when I first started there, it is not what you know, it's who you know. I hate the company now and I am glad I left there. I am happy now and work for Chase Bank now and the benefits are better and the bonuse are monthly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GoneHappy in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Stay tuned for info on USAA executive compensation. A blog on MySA.com says an article reveals USAA exec comp in May 16 issue of SA Express-News.
blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/clockingin/2008/05/this_is_a_tease.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GoneHappy in San Antonio, Texas

74 months ago

Former USAA chief Davis earned at least $9.8 million, records show

www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA.051808.USAApay.EN.2691ebe.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joanie06 in Chesapeake, Virginia

74 months ago

GoneHappy in San Antonio, Texas said: Former USAA chief Davis earned at least $9.8 million, records show

www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA.051808.USAApay.EN.2691ebe.html

Wow, when I worked there I wish I got separate paychecks from each company "under" USAA (CIC, GIC, etc....)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bonchesva in Chesapeake, Virginia

74 months ago

I am unpleasantly surprised. I would have guessed maybe $500k per year. This is really sad, since USAA is a "member owned" company. Mr. Davis continually gave speeches on how we "must" do better, etc. and reminded employees in several of his meetings that people in India and other foreign countries are willing to do the same work for a fraction of what the US pays its employees. This is very disappointing. Since he left however the air is lighter and employees seem to be much more motivated, at least in the Norfolk, Virginia office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

formerUSAA in Fair Oaks, California

73 months ago

Hello,
I am writing a paper on USAA benefits for my HR graduate class. It sounds like the benefits are different than when I worked there 1997-2000. Do you just have the choice of a PPO now, and do you get a set amount of dollars to apply toward your benefits? Do you have to pay out of pocket premiums each month? What is this 90/10 thing all about? Do you have to pay out of pocket for vision and dental? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EP77 in Bulverde, Texas

62 months ago

I have nothing to lose in telling the truth. You will get fairly good pay, a Christmas bonus and an employee bonus which are not guaranteed but usually occur, they have a gym, jogging trails, cafes, stores for basic items, pharmacy, etc. The insurance is pretty good considering what is out there nowadays but the deductible is huge. They give you vacation time, but there are no sick days and they now force you use your vacation time if you are ill. They have tuition reimbursement for specific degrees but not for JDs.

In turn, USAA will make sure you work for these benefits and extras, even if you hardly use any of them. The environment is not the same anymore. Their manager selection process is horrible. The good/bad manager ratio is like 1 out of 5. The office politics at USAA are like a fast moving cancer. They try to keep it looking great on the outside but it is rotten on the inside. The morale is low about 80% of the time. They act like you can speak freely so they look good to the public but they hate feedback from employees. Many of my friends have left the company after graduating from college and finding a better job in a less stressful environment. After 8 years, all of my training class is completely gone from the company and others who have been there 3 or 4 years are talking about leaving to other insurance companies. It is good temporarily but it takes a toll on your mental and emotional state after a while and the bonuses aren't worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EP77 in Bulverde, Texas

62 months ago

Yes, you can have a PPO now. At times there are copayments for dental only for certain things, but not for routine checkups. Vision checkups are paid for but not actual glasses and frames. The bad thing is the insurance pays hardly anything for procedures other than routine checkups and for dermatologist's office visits, even if it is not strictly cosmetic. So it is good that we now get a card to use for prescriptions and copayments. They give individuals almost 2,000 a year. It does not roll over to the new year. The insurance premiums are taken directly from our paychecks every 2 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EP77 in Bulverde, Texas

62 months ago

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: For Policy Service you start at about 24k but I worked there 3 years and with bonuses made about 38k. You get two weeks holdiday pay every December and a performance bonus every February, if you met or exceeded expectations. Benefits are okay they did away with an annuity based retirement now it's all 401k, 8 percent dollar for dollar. They also give wellness benefits, I used to buy exercise equipment every year with it. If you are new do not even think about getting a week off in the summer.

Ditto

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sonia52 in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

Current employees should know that there is no length USAA will not go to get rid of you. The saddest part of it is that the reason they may want to get rid of you may be beyond your control. I first realized this when I came to work one day and was told that a USAA employee went home and drowned all of her children. Initially I thought the woman was just mentally ill but then I heard numerous employees saying that it happened because of the way she was treated on the job. I am not sure how these employees knew this woman but it was the first time I heard employees so fired up. And then it happened to me. the way I was treated by Linda Reidel and HR was nothing less but horrid. I went through arbitration but quickly learned it is just put in place because a previous employee sued them and won millions. They do not want other employees to be able to sue them for mistreating them. They use top notch attorneys outside of USAA that also will go to no end to get rid of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sonia52 in San Antonio, Texas

62 months ago

Current Employee in Denver, Colorado said: This is NOT an accurate picture of USAA. I have been happily employed by USAA for years and know the truth. Do some research on which companies provide the best benefits to their employees, and which companies are recognized as the best employers, and you will find many awards and accolades from many sources including JD Powers, BusinessWeek, Fortune Magazine, Working Mother magazine, TRUSTe, Forrester Research... just to name a few.

As far as attrition, it is low. USAA long ago discovered that it is much more economical to treat employees well and keep them than it was to keep training new recruits. If you consider on-site daycare, fitness centers, health services, cafeteria, etc to be a prison atmosphere, I'd hate to see how long you would actually survive in a real prison.

I hear now that they are spending a lot less on training then they used to. THey are now using computer based training and requiring less time in training for their employees. So you are wrong they do not have to treat employees well or try to keep them to not waste money on training any longer. You are possibly part of the group their that takes great pleasure in destroying peoples lives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DK3384 in phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

Joe Schmoe in San Antonio, Texas said: The FAC is an awesome place to work. There is very little stress. You talk about really simple financial topics with members and are recognized if someone needs a savings account or wants to set up a retirement program.

A perfect example of how the "last good place" in USAA is gone. This post was 18 months ago, the FAC is no more, it was replaced with another organization. So the whole company is now crap to work for.

They're firing people so fast there people I talk to can't even keep up with who's still there or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DK3384 in phoenix, Arizona

61 months ago

Sonia52 in San Antonio, Texas said: Current employees should know that there is no length USAA will not go to get rid of you. The saddest part of it is that the reason they may want to get rid of you may be beyond your contro Initially I thought the woman was just mentally ill but then I heard numerous employees saying that it happened because of the way she was treated on the job. I am not sure how these employees knew this woman but it was the first time I heard employees so fired up. And then it happened to me. the way I was treated by Linda Reidel and HR was nothing less but horrid. I went through arbitration but quickly learned it is just put in place because a previous employee sued them and won millions. They do not want other employees to be able to sue them for mistreating them. They use top notch attorneys outside of USAA that also will go to no end to get rid of you.

USAA is a hell place to work. I'm glad you left with your sanity. About the arbitration system, I've said in other posts it's rigged, as you found out.

Here's how they fire people at USAA:
1. Managers meet and decide who gets fired. They throw around names like ranchers deciding on which cows to slaughter. It's a huge ego boost for them, they are after all a low life bunch of scumbags.
2. They take a week, build a case against you, pull calls and rate them low for whatever reason.
3. Next week you're put on performance improvement plan for 30 days AND ALL COACHING STOPS!!!! Yes that's right, they no longer talk to you nor rate your calls.
4. After 30 days, they will pull a call, rate it low and put you on PIN, performance improvement notice.
5. 3-4 days later they will pull another call, rate it low for whatever reason, then escort you to HR for your exit interview.

Rinse and repeat. It's disgusting, but so is the management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CG in SAN ANTONIO, Texas

60 months ago

Current Employee in Denver, Colorado said: This is NOT an accurate picture of USAA. I have been happily employed by USAA for years and know the truth. Do some research on which companies provide the best benefits to their employees, and which companies are recognized as the best employers, and you will find many awards and accolades from many sources including JD Powers, BusinessWeek, Fortune Magazine, Working Mother magazine, TRUSTe, Forrester Research... just to name a few.

As far as attrition, it is low. USAA long ago discovered that it is much more economical to treat employees well and keep them than it was to keep training new recruits. If you consider on-site daycare, fitness centers, health services, cafeteria, etc to be a prison atmosphere, I'd hate to see how long you would actually survive in a real prison.

The only people who still defend USAA are the ones that have been there for years. They're too scared to try anything else, so they staunchly defend a company that has not been employee centric in years! Don't tell me about the daycare and fitness centers. There is a waiting list for the daycare and the fitness centers are not free-you pay out of your paycheck. I did not know one person who was able to take advantage of the daycare. I have worked for more than one company in my career and USAA was the biggest disappointment by far. It is like a white collar prison. Rarely does anyone leave and getting something delivered there would be an act of God because the security is so tight. It is a relic of what once was, a total dinasaur. Sorry, but you have not been in the real world if you think USAA is a good place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

2250 in Tampa, Florida

12 months ago

I worked in the Tampa office. In 2000 we were given a speech by the then VP of claims telling us that he had seen a show on Nat Geo showing that the younger of the breed most often killed off the older members.Unless you played basketball with him before work each day you were on the hit list. Sure enough, with-in a year almost everyone I knew who was over 50 was let go. They brought in new unseasoned employees and created a computer program to tell them what a claim was worth. They were not permitted to properly evaluate a claim only follow the rules like lemmings. I had cancer and was given the excuse that I was missing too much time but since it was not work related I could not collect disability. Since Fl is a right to work state, they can fire you for wearing the wrong color shirt. As a matter of fact there was a cross dresser there that was fired for just that reason. In the beginning under McDermott his philosophy was that if you took care of the employees they would take care of the members and it worked. Under Davis that went 180 degrees and now with Robles I doubt the corporate culture will change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Janetta Purifoy in New Braunfels, Texas

10 months ago

I have been offered a position with USAA and was wondering a little bot more on their benefits.
I know employees receive a holiday and performance bonus but are all employees entitled to it and do you have to work for the company for a certain amount of time before you can receive those bonuses?

I also heard that if you elect not to participate in their health or dental plans they give you that money back in your salary. How does that work?

Any info would be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.