What's the company culture at USAA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1201 to 1250 of 4972)
Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next »   Last »

Calm Down in Phoenix, Arizona

76 months ago

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida said: Hey Phoenix. It's apparent that you have little if any experience in corporate America beyond what you are doing now.

There were many who felt as you do about USAA, and ENRON, and MCI, and QWEST. Check out those companies and see where they are now. You need to listen to the voices of experience and not be so high browed that our opinions have little or no meaning. We have been around the block alot more times than you have.

You know what assuming does don't you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

SADude in San Antonio, Texas said: I'm sorry (and no offense to you) but you really don't have as much of a clue as to what's going on as you think. I've worked at USAA for over a decade. Anyone who tells you that Bob Davis initiated bonuses for non-executives is out and out lying. I received performance bonuses before Davis got here, and so did the co-workers in my unit and in many many other units. I can tell you that tons of employees are so glad that Davis is gone.

There was an internal broadcast by the new CEO - Joe Robles - today and it was very refreshing. He has quite a different attitude than Davis did and it's only going to improve things and make USAA truly great and respectable again like we once were. Despite the customer service awards we received in recent years, customer service has actually declined under Davis. I don't blame the reps though. I blame it on the emphasis Bob Davis put on pushing members to the web site, the crappy voice response system and the shoving of products down member throats. But it's only going to get better now with Robles at the helm - a great 2008!

Everyone is assuming I'm on the BD bandwagon here and that's not the case. I too saw the webcast yesterday and I feel the same way about Mr. Robles. Things are going to get better under him in my honest opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Because I think USAA is a great company doesn't mean I'm on the BD bandwagon. I'm quite indifferent to him at this point because I have no basis of comparison.

What I do know is I am very happy to see what type of person Mr. Robles is and I can see how things can improve from where they are presently.

I was more upset because I see a lot of bashing of the company due to one CEO. This company has been through numerous CEO's and now we are on to the next one. I don't think it's right to bash the company as a whole due to one man who has now been removed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Guy Incognito in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio said: Continued...

If you don't believe me, compare her education and experience to the person who will be replacing her. Notice anything..different? Like the replacement has prior executive marketing experience with several large corporations?

These issues are material because if USAA is going to continue to stress integrity and personal accountability, it should apply to all employees. Otherwise it is hypocritical, and creates a double standard that utterly rots employee morale, which causes good employees to leave, which affects membership, etc. Since we are not a stockholder driven company, the bottom line should be the financial stability of USAA and service to the membership, not pure profits. Period.

Also, if mistakes were made in the past, upper level management turning a blind eye to them and pretending they never happened shows the employees that rhetoric that the new leadership is committed to employee satisfaction and improving the company is just that..empty talk. While I don't expect a press conference coupled with a public flogging of the BOD, I do hope (and as a USAA member expect) some explaination as to what happened, what has been done to change it, and what has been changed to prevent it happening again.

Very well said Guy and I completely agree with you about the explanation. I too would like to know at least a little bit about what's going on. Very well said indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Guy Incognito in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio said: Yes, I am current employee. I am also in a position to know things that you may not, so let's discuss the past.

This affects both employee morale and membership service because it impedes change which may lead to improvement, and also lowers the quality of employee that remains because good employees do, on occasion, ask questions and make suggestions that may go against the beliefs of those above them. The members then suffer because the employees they deal with are not the best and brightest.

2. Some of the recent "retirements" and their replacements lead employees to question what is going on. For example, have you ever wondered why the EVP of P&C has no insurance experience? He has never handled a claim, fielded a service call, inspected a vehicle or even answered a question that is insurance related. Yet he is the head of the entire property and casualty division of a Fortune 500 company. Is it because of his ability? Or perhaps, have you asked why the EVP of marketing who resigned yesterday was ever elevated to that level when her experience and education are not consistent with someone of that position?

Believe me I agree with what you're stating here and yes I have questioned each and every one of those issues. However, I get the vibe that everyone wants to jump ship and I don't believe that's necessary at this point. We need to give Mr. Robles a chance, it's only been a little over a month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida

76 months ago

Calm Down in Phoenix, Arizona said: You know what assuming does don't you?

I'm assuming nothing. Based on your remarks, you sound like someone who has little corporate experience outside of USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Calm Down in Phoenix, Arizona said: Because I think USAA is a great company doesn't mean I'm on the BD bandwagon. I'm quite indifferent to him at this point because I have no basis of comparison.

What I do know is I am very happy to see what type of person Mr. Robles is and I can see how things can improve from where they are presently.

I was more upset because I see a lot of bashing of the company due to one CEO. This company has been through numerous CEO's and now we are on to the next one. I don't think it's right to bash the company as a whole due to one man who has now been removed.

There are those of us who are not bashing the company. Just relating actual experiences. If you have had none of these experiences, good for you. As for now as far as I and many others are concerened, Robles has a lot of proving to do.

76 months ago

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida said: I'm assuming nothing. Based on your remarks, you sound like someone who has little corporate experience outside of USAA.

Well that's not the case my friend, but thanks for asking and not assuming.

76 months ago

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida said: There are those of us who are not bashing the company. Just relating actual experiences. If you have had none of these experiences, good for you. As for now as far as I and many others are concerened, Robles has a lot of proving to do.

And I would agree with you but any new CEO has a lot to prove, maybe just more so in this case.

Haywood in Anytown, Illinois

76 months ago

I see that USAA is trying to hire Financial Advisors/Planners. Can anyone comment on the work conditions, pay, and environment in this area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia

76 months ago

Calm Down in Phoenix, Arizona said: Because I think USAA is a great company doesn't mean I'm on the BD bandwagon. I'm quite indifferent to him at this point because I have no basis of comparison.

He was worshipped by many managers including my own who touted how great he was, as if saying it enough made it so. He was a corporate anti christ in my opinion.

beamf in Scottsdale, Arizona

76 months ago

Guy Incognito in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio said: Yes, I am current employee. I am also in a position to know things that you may not, so let's discuss the past.

1. My personal experience at USAA, along with discussions with close friends who work with me and have been there for 15-20 years, is that in the last 4-5 years a culture of fear began under the leadership of BD which still exists. People are afraid to speak up to point out errors or lack of ability in their superiors, suggest improvement that conflicts with upper level management, or even ask questions because they have seen many of their fellow employees terminated for doing so. While I'm sure some of those terminations may have been justified for other reasons, far too many of there were not.

This affects both employee morale and membership service because it impedes change which may lead to improvement, and also lowers the quality of employee that remains because good employees do, on occasion, ask questions and make suggestions that may go against the beliefs of those above them. The members then suffer because the employees they deal with are not the best and brightest.

2. Some of the recent "retirements" and their replacements lead employees to question what is going on. For example, have you ever wondered why the EVP of P&C has no insurance experience? He has never handled a claim, fielded a service call, inspected a vehicle or even answered a question that is insurance related. Yet he is the head of the entire property and casualty division of a Fortune 500 company. Is it because of his ability? Or perhaps, have you asked why the EVP of marketing who resigned yesterday was ever elevated to that level when her experience and education are not consistent with someone of that position?

HERE-- He has not an earthly idea! He was a BD baby that helped cultivate the biggest sweatshop department besided IT and really had a "LOVELY" work environment to boot-- THE FAC

76 months ago

SADude in San Antonio, Texas said: I'm sorry (and no offense to you) but you really don't have as much of a clue as to what's going on as you think. I've worked at USAA for over a decade. Anyone who tells you that Bob Davis initiated bonuses for non-executives is out and out lying. I received performance bonuses before Davis got here, and so did the co-workers in my unit and in many many other units. I can tell you that tons of employees are so glad that Davis is gone.

There was an internal broadcast by the new CEO - Joe Robles - today and it was very refreshing. He has quite a different attitude than Davis did and it's only going to improve things and make USAA truly great and respectable again like we once were. Despite the customer service awards we received in recent years, customer service has actually declined under Davis. I don't blame the reps though. I blame it on the emphasis Bob Davis put on pushing members to the web site, the crappy voice response system and the shoving of products down member throats. But it's only going to get better now with Robles at the helm - a great 2008!

THANK YOU THANK YOU! If anybody has read my previous posts several pages back I voiced essentially the same thing. I think less is to be blamed on the web, I would much,much rather go to the web than call in and have somebody try to sell me something! The membership has gotten tired of the sell, sell, sell, sell BS and the fact when they have a problem, they have to make numerous calls, never speak to the same person, no ODOCS anymore so no one knows what is going on and they get sick and tired of having to start all over again!

76 months ago

THANK YOU THANK YOU! If anybody has read my previous posts several pages back I voiced essentially the same thing. I think less is to be blamed on the web, I would much,much rather go to the web than call in and have somebody try to sell me something! The membership has gotten tired of the sell, sell, sell, sell BS and the fact when they have a problem, they have to make numerous calls, never speak to the same person, no ODOCS anymore so no one knows what is going on and they get sick and tired of having to start all over again!

some it guy at usaa in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

mikeinsanantonio in San Antonio, Texas said: in my opinion what needs to happen in IT, is for upper management i.e. at Joe Robles level, to bring in outside independent advisors, for the sole purpose of evaluating the current usaa IT systems and making suggestions... .
Probably big guys in IT, especially infrastructure, need to be shown the door, in order to shake this monster of a bureaucracy. JC from infrastructure is definitely a good candidate, for showing him the door,... .

I strongly agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bod D in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

USAA IT has always been about the business area and IT buying best of breed systems even though none of them fit into the USAA architecture? So what you have is a lot of software duct tape and super glue connecting old systems and new systems. The old systems rarely are retired. Maintenance is very high. So the drive to offshore gets more pressure to reduce cost. USAA has bought systems from some small time vendors "best of breed" to save a buck and in turn the system cost a lot to maintain and integrate and in the end they are obsolete because the vendor can't afford to upgrade and keep up with the technology. Nobody at USAA IT ever admits they made a mistake so good money is poured in the bad systems. People get promoted from the bad systems and then quickly move on to avoid the inevitable demise. No accountability, no reassessment of systems, long term view. LOOSSSERS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

some it guy at usaa in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

In my opinion, The first thing they might want to look at is the developer environment plug-in monster.
This was created supposedly to save developers time, and ended up waisting tremendous amount of time -since it never works- and now it is politically impossible to get rid of...
If you go to that group website, you see some metrics on how much money they are saving the company but nobody seems to question what is that metric based on?? since calculating how many times people tried to use it does not mean much...
Essentially the challenge at usaa is the environment... .Fix & simplify the environment, and every thing in IT would flow from there. It is true that if the environment is fixed many people's job security might and most probably will be jeopardized, since it depends on a convoluted environment that makes it very difficult and time consuming for newcomers... . Essentially, the environment is what makes the company need thousands of developers, and try to hire more... .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nun Ya in Virginia

76 months ago

Can some of the IT people indicate why we have been experiencing an increase in system problems during Core Working hours? at least on the P&C side

Robert B. in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

xpandedmedia in Los Angeles, California said: I contracted for them a while back and have since moved on, i wasnt that impressed, but they are better than some companies....
www.xpandedcareers.com

In my opinion, don't take a permanent position with this company. Contracting is a much better alternative and only if you are in between contracts and have no better alternatives, always think short term with this company (this is my opinion which is based on having worked for their IT dept...).
If you are creative, independent minded, and intelligent... which are the qualities of a good developer, than you are bound to be put on the targeted list.
to be continued (on how they go about getting rid of you...)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Watching the Dog N Pony Show in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

Nun Ya in Virginia said: Can some of the IT people indicate why we have been experiencing an increase in system problems during Core Working hours? at least on the P&C side

Great question for the IT side. Nothing worked in P&C today except the Intranet. When things finally started moving it was after 5 and I was tired - not from working to hard - just tired of waiting for something to work. :-) I like the General, but don't envy the job he's got ahead of him and agree we have to start on the systems side. I think they may have added one too many 'enhancements' and it broke the proverbial camels' back. Really appreciate the insight from you IT guys and the Realco person. We tend to get tunnel vision waiting for the screens to change, your explanations and solutions are educational and appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

USAA Emp in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

Looks like the IT side is lighting up now. I know who the 'JC' and 'NF' folks are in the above posts. Don't know NF too well but JC was a good guy at one time, them somehow got assimilated into the Davis Borg collective several years ago and turned into a total ***. The SVP above him was BR and he was awful - he's still there today. It seemed the only time you saw those two is when there was a production problem, or someone was in trouble/getting fired. It would be good to see them (JC and BR) both get shown the door.

As for all the system problems, even Joe Robles pointed it out - too many changes, too fast. Top that off with a stripped budget for testing, the stupid time-to-market mantra, the love fest with due dates, along with constantly rotating project teams (mostly short term Indian contractors) and you get a recipe for a mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

From what i Know Norberto (NF) has no business being a technical manager over infrastructure software developers. From what i know he has no software experience whatsoever. All his claim to fame is that he was an officer in the army (which we all respect, but this does not mean that he should be an infrastructure technical manager...).
In my opinion, he is put in that position where he definitely does not belong because he is the hit man for JC in infrastructure... .
You don't want to imagine the kind of technical & staff decisions that this guy would make... . The funny part is that he thinks (somebody told me that he says that all the time in his staff meetings) that he does good work, and should be promoted to Director... (no comments here...). Also somebody told me one of his famous statements is "it is not what you know but who you know..." - meaning your technical knowledge and abilities are not important at usaa...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Curious Guy in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

usaa_ex_employee usaa_ex_employee in San Antonio, Texas said: If you are a new IT person, and especially if you are somebody not born in the US, and you are not white (i.e. not born in a European country), than most probably they will end up changing your job description & dumping you in that crazy ACC thing (essentially a call center...), no matter what your skill set is...
Initially they will deceive you

HaHa!!! what do you expect. It is the south. Slave mentality still alive and thriving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

A question for any and all who are long time employees present or past.

I was informed recently that about 8-10yrs ago, USAA was going to make it's corporate HQ Phoenix as it was not pleased about what was going on in Texas at the time. They were also going to close all the satellite offices.

Since apparantely, the next employee meeting is coming from Phoenix, could it be that those plans are now back on the front burner? I was also told that they would keep the SA location.

Wake Up in Phoenix, Arizona

76 months ago

lee Marvin in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: He was worshipped by many managers including my own who touted how great he was, as if saying it enough made it so. He was a corporate anti christ in my opinion.

He was in my eyes too. Glad to see him gone. Too bad there are many in Phoenix, like Calm Down who were not able to read between the lines in the most recent resignations. They were also not able to correlate our horrendous workload, systens problems, lack of being an internet company & low employee morale with Davis's regime.
I don't think USAA could have made their position any clearer on the fact BD was asked to leave. Especially when they posted the news report out of San Antonio right on Connect for everyone to read. They were thinking most of us were intelligent enough to read it with an open mind. But we had people in Phoenix jumping to BD's defense. Too funny, he would never give a thought to any of us if we got walked out the door.

USAA Emp in San Antonio, Texas

76 months ago

Hey dude in Poland,

Can you provide us with *outside* independent links for your info? Anyone can whip up a website domain, slap some 'info' in it and call it fact. Sticking a link to one of your (probably) own websites does not count as fact. It's like putting footnotes in a term paper to a book that doesn't exist. As for the TDI part, can you provide *outside* links that say the same thing? The last thing I see on TDI's own website for TX is something from 2002. Prove to us that you're not just some nutcase shouting 'Fire!' in a leaky gasoline plant.

75 months ago

USAA Emp in San Antonio, Texas said: Hey dude in Poland,

Can you provide us with *outside* independent links for your info? Anyone can whip up a website domain, slap some 'info' in it and call it fact. Sticking a link to one of your (probably) own websites does not count as fact. It's like putting footnotes in a term paper to a book that doesn't exist. As for the TDI part, can you provide *outside* links that say the same thing? The last thing I see on TDI's own website for TX is something from 2002. Prove to us that you're not just some nutcase shouting 'Fire!' in a leaky gasoline plant.

Ditto. I have not been able to substantiate any of the person in Poland's claims. I have checked TDI, did internet searches for the alleged re-filing of the lawsuit and there is nothing - zero - nada to be able to verify it. Guess we are throwing the glove on the ground - are you up to the challenge of proving any of your claims Cracow? And for clarification - I have never had any respect whatsoever for BD, or for most of his execs for that matter, but I do have tremendous respect for our members. As a current employee and member, your accusations are interesting, but possibly delusional.....so prove them. My paychecks aren't bouncing, the building has not collapsed, the atmosphere seems to be lightening up a bit, so it does not appear the demise of USAA is imminent. Please don't respond if you are just going to rehash the definition of reciprical insurance companies. Provide some hard evidence.

Used and Abused SIU in Fl in tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida said: A question for any and all who are long time employees present or past.

I was informed recently that about 8-10yrs ago, USAA was going to make it's corporate HQ Phoenix as it was not pleased about what was going on in Texas at the time. They were also going to close all the satellite offices.

Since apparantely, the next employee meeting is coming from Phoenix, could it be that those plans are now back on the front burner? I was also told that they would keep the SA location.

2 weeks before announcing they would close the Reston office, they said there would always be an office in N VA due to the high number of members in the area. It is all about money. Is it cheaper to run a claims operation in AZ or Norfolk, or Tampa. You add up the dots. I am hoping the head of our unit will be next to announce his retirement. He is meeting with the field personnel in the next few weeks, maybe he wants to break some more bad news on us. This reorganization with "file managers" is his latest in his gimmicks bag. I think it is a way to reduce field staff.

FightinTexAg in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida said: A question for any and all who are long time employees present or past.

Doubtful. Many speculate Phx was used as leverage by BD to gain concessions with the state of Texas. Apparently it worked as the corp offices remain in San Antonio and are likely to do so well into the future. The original design of 6 or 7 buildings was never realized and it's likely not going to be in the near future. Phx is viewed more as a "mini" USAA with all lines of business operating at the site which makes it a great backup site in case of an emergency but is not staffed to appropriately to handle 100% of the workload.

75 months ago

FightinTexAg in San Antonio, Texas said: Doubtful. Many speculate Phx was used as leverage by BD to gain concessions with the state of Texas. Apparently it worked as the corp offices remain in San Antonio and are likely to do so well into the future. The original design of 6 or 7 buildings was never realized and it's likely not going to be in the near future. Phx is viewed more as a "mini" USAA with all lines of business operating at the site which makes it a great backup site in case of an emergency but is not staffed to appropriately to handle 100% of the workload.

Thanks for the reply. Of course, staffing it would not be an issue for them if they really decided to do that.

75 months ago

FightinTexAg in San Antonio, Texas said: Doubtful. Many speculate Phx was used as leverage by BD to gain concessions with the state of Texas. Apparently it worked as the corp offices remain in San Antonio and are likely to do so well into the future. The original design of 6 or 7 buildings was never realized and it's likely not going to be in the near future. Phx is viewed more as a "mini" USAA with all lines of business operating at the site which makes it a great backup site in case of an emergency but is not staffed to appropriately to handle 100% of the workload.

The San Antonio bldgs are probably a fire hazard because of the way they are interconnected to form a huge bldg.
The funny part is that whoever put together their software must have walked those halways for years since they were thinking big and interconnected is good..., which is true from a job security for infrastructure people since now everybody is dependent on them ..., but is terrible from a software engineering perspective, since maintenance, and enhancements for minor items are now huge efforts...

75 months ago

To clear up my responses:

I am neither uneducated or uninformed. In addition, I don't run away to Switzerland when the going gets tough and am offended by your downright nastiness.

I have committed no crime. In addition, I don't run away when the going gets touch. Did you live in Canada during the 60's? Just Curious.

I am not even close to a Senior Officer - but the evil imaginary enemy can discover all they want.

My guess is they are hiding the $6.5 bil from you to drive you completely insane so that you will finally be committed to a facility.

Oh - and your links are all to your own web page Mr. Koenig. Still, no hard proof. What next will spew forth from your demented soul?

75 months ago

Used and Abused SIU in Fl in tampa, Florida said: 2 weeks before announcing they would close the Reston office, they said there would always be an office in N VA due to the high number of members in the area. It is all about money. Is it cheaper to run a claims operation in AZ or Norfolk, or Tampa. You add up the dots. I am hoping the head of our unit will be next to announce his retirement. He is meeting with the field personnel in the next few weeks, maybe he wants to break some more bad news on us. This reorganization with "file managers" is his latest in his gimmicks bag. I think it is a way to reduce field staff.

It's cheaper to do it in AZ. Just check the cost of living between those 3 states. It's not really the member who matter. And certainly not the employees. It's the bottom line.

Sweetp in Biloxi, Mississippi

75 months ago

Yes, it's true that USAA was going to move the H.O. fom San Antonio to Az.The reason being was of BD half concocked ideas of avoiding the taxes in SA and TX and to show and increase in the bottom line so as to give the inpression that he was increasing the assets of the company. It was was a big scheme to increase the amount of money that he could styeal from USAA.The whole thing centered around the tax abatement that USAA was given in 1977. It was for 30 years and was due to expire on Dec. 31, 2007.BD promised the Governor of AZ that USAA would move the H.O.to AZ in exchange for all kind of incenitives, including but not limited to tax abatement, building of the initial two buildings on the property, infrastructure etc,etc.All this was in exchange for bringing thousand of jobs to AZ.Now, back to SA. BD intent was to sell the SA building and use that capital to invest in other real estate. I have been unable to determine what happened with the ending of the SA tax abatement, but it is my suspsion that the weak leaders of SA yeilded to his threat and bullying gave him another tax abatement at the expense of San Antonio taxpayers.BD was just like most of today's corporate CEO's, it.'s all about GREED!!!!!!.BD's GREED was behind the bonuse program as it is administrated today at USAA, the lay off of the 20-40-60+ personnel and the outsourcing.BD was a "GREEDY" HEARTLESS" "SELFISH" SNAKE and it's a good thing that he is gone. I hope that it"s not to late to save what was once a GREAT COMPANY.

Ex 10 Year Employee in Mansfield, Texas

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: I have updated the photo essay on USAA HQs.

www.true-v-usaa.com/hubris/photos_usaa_hqs/photos_02_jun_05.pdf

I have also included a photo essay on Farmers Group's HQ's on Wiltshire Avenue in LA.

www.true-v-usaa.com/other_insurers/farmers/album_farmers_headquarters_29_jun_07.pdf

Now tell me that Farmers Group (which is the unincorporated reciprocal interinsurance exchange owned by the extremely prestigious Zurich Financial Group) doesn't look like a nice place to work. Evidently, you get to work through a regular front door - without thugs eyeing you up and down.

www.zurich.com/main/home/welcome.htm

Here is a link to Farmer's employment web site: Wiltshire Boulevard here we come!!

www.farmers.com/FarmComm/WebSite/html/job_opportunites/job_opportunities_TipsForJobSeekers.html

Finally, please tell me if this is a photo of somewhere in the USAA HQ's building.

www.true-v-usaa.com/hubris/photos_usaa_hqs/photo_usaa_colonnade_08_jan_08.pdf

Anyone feel like Cocoa Puffs?

True,
move on from this page, your rhetoric is old and boring. This is not your personal blog. If you want a personal blogg, there are many free blogg websites out there where you can create your own.

www.blogger.com/start

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Frank Leigh in Chesapeake, Virginia

75 months ago

What, you didn't like all the pix of the fences and gates around the building in SA?

<cue eerie music>

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: Loyalty in an old dog is quite becoming: and I gather that is the sort of loyalty you have for USAA. And that's fine! I can respect that.

Several items to note:
1. I have no loyalty for USAA.
2. I no longer work for them.
3. This message board was created for former employees, current employees, and potential future employees.
4. You are obviously upset at USAA.
5. Now I'm asking you to take it to a personal blogg as your rhetoric is becoming tiresome and boring. You make 5 - 10 posts all stating the same thing, over an over again.

Now that I've said that, I have a few questions for you:

1. Have you noticed that everyone (including judges, cops, USAA employees, and other non-USAA employees) have conspired against you?
2. Do you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?
3. Does everyone else in the whole world seem insane but you?
4. Are you worried that people are following you, or someone is monitoring your every move?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Guy Incognito in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: These people shoukd resign (if they haven't already_:

www.true-v-usaa.com/employees_usaa/page_35_annual_report_2006_execs_in_general.pdf

If they lacked scienter of the facts of the matter, they don't any more.

And "willful blindness" to the clear irregularities of the USAA situation becomes a decreasingly viable defense with every passing day!

Robert,

If USAA was a person, you would have been jailed and sued long ago for stalking, making terrorist threats, defamation of character, libel and slander.

Oh wait...you were jailed...I forgot. Did you enjoy the ingoing search?

Take the hint and go away. Wear your tin foil hat, or whatever it is you do to get through the day. Get some mental health help. Just go away. No one is in the slightest bit interested in what you do or what you think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: Now if we knew something about you - we could perhaps sympathize and identify with your concerns. But all you guys do is chew your cuds, play with yourselves, and add to the global methane problem.

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: This case will appeal more to the lawyers who haunt this website to try and track me down and get me back in jail.

Well if you must know. I am really a lawyer working for USAA. While we were keeping you busy responding to various posts we have executed an extremely well timed plan to arrest you and send you to jail for the rest of your natural life.

Robert, we know exactly where you are. You see, we bribed the owner of this website to get the IP address of your user id. We were successful, and now we have bribed the local authorities to arrest you and hold you in jail indefinately. If you look out the window right now, you might be able to spot the authorities on their way. If not now, expect them any minute. You might want to flee to New Zeland, I hear they have a pretty good mental health system. When we track you down there, and we will track you down, you'll be in good care.

Uh Oh, I might have said to much. Oh well, the authorities will be there in a few minutes so it doesn't really matter.

Run away as fast as you can...

Sincerely,
The all powerfull USAA

75 months ago

Well if you must know. I am really a lawyer working for USAA. While we were keeping you busy responding to various posts we have executed an extremely well timed plan to arrest you and send you to jail for the rest of your natural life.

Robert, we know exactly where you are. You see, we bribed the owner of this website to get the IP address of your user id. We were successful, and now we have bribed the local authorities to arrest you and hold you in jail indefinately. If you look out the window right now, you might be able to spot the authorities on their way. If not now, expect them any minute. You might want to flee to New Zeland, I hear they have a pretty good mental health system. When we track you down there, and we will track you down, you'll be in good care.

Uh Oh, I might have said to much. Oh well, the authorities will be there in a few minutes so it doesn't really matter.

Run away as fast as you can...

Sincerely,
The all powerfull USAA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beaus Mom in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

I think if everyone would just ignore the gentleman in Cracow, it would be the best for all. This person is apparently not in a reasonable frame of mind; very angry.

Let's keep this forum going for the past and present employees of USAA and for anyone who is interested in becoming employed at the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bod D in San Antonio, Texas

75 months ago

Nobody would ever admit they are a lawyer at USAA. The lowest of the low. What a waste of a mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

We really didn't mean to post that, it was a complete mistake that my lawyer friends and I. Please disregard those last two posts as it is a violation of attorney/client... oh there I go again, making another mistake. Anyway, we typed it joking that we were about to post to you our plans to arrest and detain you again, but my buddy hit the actual reply button. I guess you'll get all of this in discovery though...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said: Good news! The new website reflecting the caption of the action in US District Court for the Western District of Texas is up and operating:

www.true-v-robles.com

Hi-tec!

Are you serious? You can't be. www.true-v-robles.com just links back to true v usaa. Can we say COO COO, Poland instead of Kracow, Poland?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Insane in the Membrane in Poland...

And this website shows true v. usaa or true v. robles where? And please attempt to avoid showing me another of your websites...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hey Poland guy,
Stop It. Maybe start your own thread instead of posting on this thread. You are making it difficult to navigate the thread.
Essentially you are helping usaa here,... by preventig people from sharing their bad experiences about this company... . Nobody wants to share his/her true experience next to an aparent insane guy like you... .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hmm...interesting info from wikipedia, where Mr. Koenig has been banned:

User:Robertjkoenig

Evidence

While Robertjkoenig has not posted for awhile (in fact, either he or one of his other sockpuppets was permanently banned from Wikipedia by Jimbo Wales), he continues to post using a variety of short-lived (at least in terms of their use) sockpuppets. Puppets used recently include User:84.58.226.55, user:usaa_indexer, user:usaa_editor, user:true_to_usaa, user:voltaire_redux, user:69.147.149.74; in the past he has also used a variety of IP addresses as well as the following user names user:philosophenweg, user:zorro_redux, user:kwai, and user:outofthenoondaysun.

Essentially, the only posts he makes on Wikipedia are on the USAA page, the USAA discussion page, or on the Reciprocal interinsurance exchange page. Typically, he will use Wikipedia as a soapbox; he believes the existence of USAA is illegal and likes to cite court cases (such as True v. USAA) or (Tuck v. USAA) as well as other arcane legal citations. He (or his sockpuppets) have been banned for their habits of editing archived talk pages, violating the 3 revert rule, and for personal attacks against others who do not share his opinion. Any of this activity can be observed by checking any of the user pages cited above.

It is my intention in making this post that all Robertjkoenig sockpuppets be banned, and for entry to remain in the archives to facilitate banning of any further sockpuppets generated by Mr. Koenig.

--Swizzlez 22:41, 17 September 2006 (UTC)

Comments

Accounts have already been blocked. Iolakana•T 10:33, 21 September 2006 (UTC)
[edit] New information

Koenig contacted me via this post [1] from an address in Riga. He is still after the same old thing. I blocked his IP address. Watch for this guy.--Brad Patrick 16:59, 1 October 2006 (UTC)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Mr. Koenig,

Since you haven't taken the hint from us on this site, I will explain it as simply as I can. We all know who you are. We all know your history with USAA. We all know about your claims and allegations.

More importantly, we don't care.

You see Robert, you are not clever, nor funny, nor witty, nor more intelligent than the rest of us. You are simply annoying, and obviously mentally ill. All hyperbole aside, you exhibit classic signs of paranoid schizophrenia in your writings, behavior and court filings. While it initially was a source of amusement, it is now sad.

More importantly, this forum is not the place to continue to argue your insane talking points, which you have discussed on numerous other boards ad naseum. This forum is for current and prior employees to discuss the working environment at USAA. You are neither, and therefor, have no business posting anything on this site.

The really sad part is that when you bring up legitimate topics (Davis's relationship with Johnson for instance), your prior behavior has robbed you of any credibility when commenting on such matters. Instead, it simply is dismissed as the delusional ranting of a disturbed person who has an axe to grind. Perhaps you should have taken that into account prior to embarking on your crusade against USAA.

Ultimately, it is in everyone's best interests if you go away and devote your time and efforts to your web site, and allow the rest of us a forum to discuss legitimate issues with our current or past employer. I have already contacted the moderators of this site to your postings and expect you to be banned shortly. Just as you were from wikipedia. Just as you were ordered by the court to refrain from running any websites with USAA in the title or any sites that defame USAA. (TruevUSAA.com would appear to violate this order, but I have better things to do than contact a court in Texas regarding this matter).

Sincerely,

Guy Incognito

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Robert

There is a thin line between clever and stupid. Unfortunately, you don't realized which side of the line you are on.

BTW, how much did you have to pay for those three civil cases you lost? Or are the judgments still outstanding? Maybe that is why you were jailed? Or was it for violating a restraining order. as I was led to believe. That, plus delusions of grandeur, plus narcissism, plus paranoia = Robert J Koenig.

Scoreboard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

usaa organizational design in Cracow, Poland said:
I don't mind so much that Robert T. Herres stole my money and forced me into bankruptcy

I am curious... which "truth" is it today. Is it that RJK was sent into bankruptcy by USAA not paying the claim for your appartment? Or, is it that Duane Divich payed the claim to the 'day care lady'?

I just don't understand which 'truth' USAA used to jail you.

ltc-duane-divich.blogspot.com/

Also, you apparently know blogspot, so I would recommend you go back to using it, that is unless you've been banned from there as well....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.