What's the company culture at USAA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4751 to 4770 of 4770)
Page:  « First « Previous   93  94  95  96   

need to make a decision asap in San Antonio, Texas

15 months ago

I received a full time job offer at nationwide paying me a dollar more. However I also received a offer with usaa for the part time seasonal position. Everyone I know keep telling me to take the seasonal position at usaa because there is a chance that I can get hired full time and they have better benefits. Now I am confuse because reading these comments got me thinking I should go with nationwide insurance company and forget usaa. Please anyone help me decide, I don't want to make the wrong decision and regret it later down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joey1127 in Sacramento, California

15 months ago

I would take the job with Nationwide before USAA. USAA services the Military and as such, they are all about cutting costs and saving money for their members. Nationwide would be a better route I think. After all you've read, I think going to USAA would be not too smart!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

joey1127 in Sacramento, California said: I would take the job with Nationwide before USAA. USAA services the Military and as such, they are all about cutting costs and saving money for their members. Nationwide would be a better route I think. After all you've read, I think going to USAA would be not too smart!

Thanks Joey I definitely will :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

joey1127 in Sacramento, California said: I would take the job with Nationwide before USAA. USAA services the Military and as such, they are all about cutting costs and saving money for their members. Nationwide would be a better route I think. After all you've read, I think going to USAA would be not too smart!

I spoke with human resource from usaa today. According to that person after the assignment is completed in September they will be hiring 40% of the seasonal employees permanently. I am surprise that they are willing to hire Seasonal employees who are now getting into the system permanently when they are others who are with the company for years and they never offer them a permanent position.

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia

13 months ago

joey1127 in Sacramento, California said: Yeah, and I have ocean front poperty to sell you in lovely Nevada! When I interviewed for the Policy Service Advisor job, they told me over and over again that it was not like a " call center " but more of a service environment. Boy was that wrong. It was a DAMN in-bound call center with sales goals for what were suposed to be Policy Service Advisors. I would not even work for USAA. What a bad experience that was. If you like to kiss ass and play BS head games and stab your co-workers in the back, it's not a bad place to work. The mangers were the most useless collection of dead-weight I had ever dealt with. HR was even more of a joke at the Sacramento office (now closed. shocker)

Thank you for a perfect response!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

13 months ago

Hello, You may post anonymously - but we reserve the right to remove inappropriate comments at any time. Please adhere to these two rules: 1. Be respectful, reasonable and relevant. Don't post anything nonsensical, vulgar, disruptive, untrue, or irrelevant. If you're not sure if your comment is a meaningful contribution, do not post it. - Indeed Host

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dmecula in Va Beach, Virginia

13 months ago

Paranoia, thy name is conservative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia

12 months ago

nonefornow in Arizona said: It is funny people are talking about this now. They want input from employees on how to stop wmployees from quitting in the first year. They have 45% turnover rate foe first yeae employees and want employee feedback on what they can do to prove retention.

They can downsize 50% of managers and stop micromanaging hard working employees. In the meantime, we are doing what they did not expect. We are talking with our feet and leaving "at will." USAA has forgotten that employees can also fire the boss! This is what happens when you get too big for your pants Joey! Now go get your shine box!

joey1127 in North Highlands, California

12 months ago

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: This is what happens when you get too big for your pants Joey! Now go get your shine box!

...you're telling USAA Management to go get their Shine Box? See, that would indicate that USAA management works and I would have to sort of...well, no.

Tom1976 in Austin, Texas

12 months ago

Hello,

A few questions I was hoping someone would not mind answering.

First, do USAA employees receive a discount on USAA services, such as insurance?

Secondly, I understand that salaried employees earn a yearly bonus that is a % of their salary, but I have heard of another bonus or two, and was hoping to get a few details/specifics on those if they do in fact exist.

Thank you.

Dell Travis in Dallas, Texas

12 months ago

Here's the scoop on bonuses for management, excluding senior management.

We receive the same percentage bonus as regular employees but since our saleries are usually higher, we enjoy a much larger piece of the pie plus our bonus is padded so as to render it virtually tax free.

As we exit monthly management meetings, each of us are casually handed an envelope of cash in recognition and praise of specific goals we have achieved toward maintaining our exemplary employee morale. Specific monatary amounts are based on morale charts we secretly create and maintain for our specific area. Employee input is strictly discouraged as it tends to reduce our monthly bonus and that reduces our morale.

All cafeteria purchases made through our employee ID cards are totally reimbursed to us at the end of the month. This is made possible via the Regular Employee Subsidy Program that incorporates a charge back feature that basically increases the upfront cost of all food/beverage sales made by other employees. You have our gratitude of course.

Lastly, we do not have any copayment on perscription drug purchases as our daily drugs are supplied by the company as we enter the building as a method allowing us to cope with endless employee droning, grousing and grumbling.

Now, here's the good news and the sad news.

The good news is: none of the above is true.

The sad news . . . so many of you wanted to be believe it was true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Janetta Purifoy in New Braunfels, Texas

12 months ago

Tom1976 in Austin, Texas said: Hello,

A few questions I was hoping someone would not mind answering.

First, do USAA employees receive a discount on USAA services, such as insurance ?

Secondly, I understand that salaried employees earn a yearly bonus that is a % of their salary, but I have heard of another bonus or two, and was hoping to get a few details/specifics on those if they do in fact exist.

Thank you.

It's not just salaried employees but all usaa employees (full time and part time) are eligible for the yearly bonus. ( I believe seasonal employees are not though). And it will be a percentage of whatever you made for the previous year. So it's not based on your actually salary but what you actually made. Since I started in September my bonus was calculated on only the pay I made form sept-dec but it still came out to like $1200 after taxes so no complaints.

Holiday bonus comes in December and it is equal to two weeks worth of pay if you have been there for a year. Employees hired within that year only get a portion. I started in September and they awarded my bonus at 8 hours of overtime pay. (Still a few hundred bucks so no complaints there either. Extra money for me).

Employees don't get discounts on insurance or other usaa products.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas

12 months ago

Dell Travis in Dallas, Texas said: Here's the scoop on bonuses for management, excluding senior management.

We receive the same percentage bonus as regular employees but since our saleries are usually higher, we enjoy a much larger piece of the pie plus our bonus is padded so as to render it virtually tax free.

As we exit monthly management meetings, each of us are casually handed an envelope of cash in recognition and praise of specific goals we have achieved toward maintaining our exemplary employee morale. Specific monatary amounts are based on morale charts we secretly create and maintain for our specific area. Employee input is strictly discouraged as it tends to reduce our monthly bonus and that reduces our morale.

All cafeteria purchases made through our employee ID cards are totally reimbursed to us at the end of the month. This is made possible via the Regular Employee Subsidy Program that incorporates a charge back feature that basically increases the upfront cost of all food/beverage sales made by other employees. You have our gratitude of course.

Lastly, we do not have any copayment on perscription drug purchases as our daily drugs are supplied by the company as we enter the building as a method allowing us to cope with endless employee droning, grousing and grumbling.

Now, here's the good news and the sad news.

The good news is: none of the above is true.

The sad news . . . so many of you wanted to be believe it was true.

I bet the higher exectives eat free in B building. I would totally forgo my bonus to be paid more hourly instead of being raped by the IRS every Feb. Raises in this company are a joke, my prev employer I would automaticly get a raise every 6 months and it would be at least 10%. at USAA you are lucky to get 3%, but most get under 2% a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas said: I bet the higher exectives eat free in B building. I would totally forgo my bonus to be paid more hourly instead of being raped by the IRS every Feb. Raises in this company are a joke, my prev employer I would automaticly get a raise every 6 months and it would be at least 10%. at USAA you are lucky to get 3%, but most get under 2% a year.

now the higher ups want those with seniority to work Saturday's to appease the new hires who are whining since they have to work weekends, they have no life. instead of appeasing these individuals to get them to stay beyond the first year, why hire them in the first place. with my seniority, I should not have to work any Saturdays as there are enough people below me to carry the load.

phone monkey in San Antonio, Texas

10 months ago

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas said: now the higher ups want those with seniority to work Saturday's to appease the new hires who are whining since they have to work weekends, they have no life. instead of appeasing these individuals to get them to stay beyond the first year, why hire them in the first place. with my seniority, I should not have to work any Saturdays as there are enough people below me to carry the load.

dude your a phone monkey, nobody cares about your seniority. I work at USAA and your probably one of those 30yr tenured phone reps. For that, you should get you LESS seniority, its pathetic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mysterion in Tampa, Florida

10 months ago

Right, if someone's been there like 15 years you're just a punching bag to take advantage of. After all the crap they've pulled over the years and you're still there, what are you going to do, leave? Probably not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

phone monkey in San Antonio, Texas said: dude your a phone monkey, nobody cares about your seniority. I work at USAA and your probably one of those 30yr tenured phone reps. For that, you should get you LESS seniority, its pathetic.

but my seniority shows i am here to work not some kid who wants to look good and not do any work. i don't care if you have a life if you are a new hire. you should be prepared to work and not worry if you can make happy hour. seniority shows experience and knowledge, something the new hires will never have, as they want everything handed to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Seniority in a call center position, to a lot of people, shows a lack of drive and ambition. That's where retail cashiers end up once they've dropped out of Phoenix online college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BenjaminCuruthers in California

9 months ago

nonefornow in Arizona said: Stuart Parker has been officially named the next CEO . He will start in February when Joe Roblesretires.

Welcome the new boss. Same as the old boss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

It's not sales, it's "building relationships". We don't have "quotas" but if you don't consistently perform at a certain level you'll be fired. You should be thankful they even allow AUX 3 time to piss in between breaks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   93  94  95  96   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.