What's the company culture at USAA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4801 to 4850 of 4989)
Page:  « First « Previous   94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next »   Last »

Swizzlez Rent-a-Shill in San Francisco, California

30 months ago

Watching the Dog N Pony Show in San Antonio, Texas said: . . . No wonder the SEC has ongoing investigations into this so-called 'reciprocal' corporation.

Can you please provide more details on the SEC Investigations at 9800 Fredericksburg Road?

Also: I am perplexed that not one reader/writer has mentioned the very recent precipitous departure of CFO Kristi Matus. She pulled up anchor in the middle of Robles' "annual report cycle" when her signature is required on the Jurat Page of Robles' filings with the Texas Department of Insurance. Equally disturbing is that rather than bringing in a new CFO from the outside to sweep clean with a new broom, Robles has appointed Stuart Parker who has zero experience as a CFO. When one adds up the unbroken service 20-year succession of in-house CFOs with the fact the auditors are denied access to USAA's internal controls for the "audit": this all paints a very unpleasant picture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HonestOne in Boerne, Texas

30 months ago

Swizzlez Rent-a-Shill in San Francisco, California said: Also: I am perplexed that not one reader/writer has mentioned the very recent precipitous departure of CFO Kristi Matus. She pulled up anchor in the middle of Robles' "annual report cycle" when her signature is required on the Jurat Page of Robles' filings with the Texas Department of Insurance. Equally disturbing is that rather than bringing in a new CFO from the outside to sweep clean with a new broom, Robles has appointed Stuart Parker who has zero experience as a CFO.

-----------------------------------
- Ms. Matus is just the most recent in a string of departures over the last 6 months. The Pres. of the USAA Life Insurance Co made a quick departure a few months ago...numberous senior Bank Execs, and a notable P&C Insurance Exec (Manny Rios)... to name a few (it is hard to keep count). Something must be going on for these folks to be looking for alternative employment. If they were happy with USAA and doing a good job, it seems they would stay put. Notice that Matus timed her departure immediately after the bonus! (she isn't stupid).
- IRT Stuart Parker having no experience as CFO...who cares (ummm, actually I do care)! From what I've witnessed, experience isn't a job requirement for senior execs at USAA, after all Parker also had 0 (Zero, Zip, Nada...) experience with insurance and was given/awarded the position as President of USAA Property & Casualty. I believe Parker is an expert a@@ kisser, schmoozer, & wheeler dealer and whatever they want from him as CFO, he will be happy to oblige. Thus...he is the perfect person for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas

30 months ago

I think Parker is being groomed for CEO when Robles decides to retire. He has the record for being high ranking military and Joe was promoted to CEO after being the CFO. They only bring in high ranking military members to be CEO. I think Kristi Matus knew she hit the glass ceiling at USAA since she doesn't have the military experience. I hope she does well in her new position. It sounds like it is a step up from her role at USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: I think Parker is being groomed for CEO when Robles decides to retire. He has the record for being high ranking military and Joe was promoted to CEO after being the CFO. They only bring in high ranking military members to be CEO. I think Kristi Matus knew she hit the glass ceiling at USAA since she doesn't have the military experience. I hope she does well in her new position. It sounds like it is a step up from her role at USAA.

You certainly may be correct, however, Parker was not "high ranking military". He quit the military when he was a "Junior" Officer...a Major (O-4) in the Air Force. After a failed foray on his own as a "financial advisor" in private practice, he has been at USAA where his incredible rapid ascension to the top started under former CEO Bob Davis. There is more to the story that we will never know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

TooTiredToSell in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

It may be time to close down this forum. With no posts for over a month, it seems everyone at USAA has finally discovered Nirvana.

Or, everyone has quit and the company is being fully operated by an Apple app.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

TooTiredToSell in Tampa, Florida said: It may be time to close down this forum. With no posts for over a month, it seems everyone at USAA has finally discovered Nirvana.

Or, everyone has quit and the company is being fully operated by an Apple app.

With the way the economy is I think people are staying put longer. I know I am going tp try to make it until early retirement age then decide what to do next but I can't make the kind of money for doing what I do outside USAA plus I am not an MSR so I don't have to sell or be micromanaged by phone stats and when I take my breaks and lunch. It is definitely not a perfect place but I know my family that works for county and city government have it worse. If I can make it a few more years I will be able to do early retirement and hopefully find something I truly would like to do, if not I may stay until full retirement since social security is not likely to be around by the time I retire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I think most of the former contributors on this forum have quit USAA and moved on. On a very sad note, one of my former coworkers (a young man) recently committed suicide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon to be ex USAA employee in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

HonestOne in Boerne, Texas said: I think most of the former contributors on this forum have quit USAA and moved on. On a very sad note, one of my former coworkers (a young man) recently committed suicide.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it was not due to his treatment at USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I remember a story on the local news where a Phoenix employee had killed his wife and committed suicide and they said in the story that they had financial difficulties and couldn't get help from USAA with his home going into foreclosure. They even showed the outside of the Phoenix campus on the news. It was such a tragic story.

whoever in Colorado Springs, Colorado

28 months ago

I have reviewed most comments on this website , they are all true. USAA, as a company changed, about 13 years ago when managers were given too much authority regarding pay and office politics. Management uses bullying and intimidation skills to motivate employees. The company uses hi-performing and experienced employees without giving them pay for performance. Some are put on special teams to work different projects and are given a pat on the back for doing so, but only after performance reviews have already been given out, including pay raises. Every employee below management is bullied. If you voice an opinion or ask for a day off you are put on a mental list by management to get rid of you. They would like to have a robot that has no family, illness or interuption in the work day. Yes they do not want you to be in the bathroom and will time you. I knew several employees who even transferred to different offices because they were told advancement opportunities would be available to them because of their skills, only to experience the same intimidation techniques. They want every employee to be married to their job and bow down to management even if they are wrong about an account. I have seen managers walk away from an employee when they see the employee coming to their desk for help. I knew several tenured employees who had high performance but not given pay raises for years simply "because we can". Human Resources does nothing to managers even if they lie to the employee. Managers are free to treat employees anyway they want to because it is a free will state. Lawyers say you cannot sue over the lies and mistreatment. They want tenured employees to leave so that they can pay someone else less money and who also knows less and doesn't know how to take up for themselves yet. HR is a joke. USAA does not care about employees and their families. I have known managers who neglect their own children because they are so egotistical about working at USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

whoever in Colorado Springs, Colorado

28 months ago

wrong

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

USAA Flu in Renton, Washington

28 months ago

dvistuba@gmail.com in Colorado Springs, Colorado said:

I would agree they have great benefits. However, I still have relatives that work there, and you have to ask yourself why a 25% of their unit is out on disability for stress related problems, new units hired 1/2 are gone within 6 months even in this current economy. Unfortunately, where they live the job market is not great especially for the salary they make is the reason they stay. This is how they get you in the cross hairs. How does that song go? "You owe your soul to the company store"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Oy Vey in San Antonio, Texas

28 months ago

dvistuba@gmail.com in Colorado Springs, Colorado said:

Agreed. It's the truth...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas

28 months ago

USAA Flu in Renton, Washington said: I would agree they have great benefits. However, I still have relatives that work there, and you have to ask yourself why a 25% of their unit is out on disability for stress related problems, new units hired 1/2 are gone within 6 months even in this current economy. Unfortunately, where they live the job market is not great especially for the salary they make is the reason they stay. This is how they get you in the cross hairs. How does that song go? "You owe your soul to the company store"

I was given a whopping 1.76% raise because of the economy and Joe was given a 3 million dollar raise. u only get one raise a year. my prev employer gave out raises every 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas

28 months ago

USAA Flu in Renton, Washington said: I would agree they have great benefits. However, I still have relatives that work there, and you have to ask yourself why a 25% of their unit is out on disability for stress related problems, new units hired 1/2 are gone within 6 months even in this current economy. Unfortunately, where they live the job market is not great especially for the salary they make is the reason they stay. This is how they get you in the cross hairs. How does that song go? "You owe your soul to the company store"

I got a whopping 1.76% raise because of the economy. Joe got a 3 million dollar raise. My prev employer give out raises every 6 months. I agree about wages. when I was laid off by my prev employer, the best offer I got was $10.00 an hour after making $19.46 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

It was announced that the Norfolk, VA office will be relocating somewhere near the current office. They have leased out part of the building starting in September with progressing to the full office by 2015. They said 75% of the office space was not being utilized and finds it better to move.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Swizzlez Rent-a-Shill in San Francisco, California

28 months ago

Can a long-time insider shed a little light on the background of Laura Mahan Bishop.

She is the President and Principal of USAA Reciprocal Attorney-in-Fact, Inc. which is the "ultimate controlling person" at 9800 Fredericksburg Road.

Question # 1: Does Laura [Mahan] Bishop have a life in San Antonio?

Question # 2: Was she connected in any way with Lubbock's Bishop's Cafeteria before she joined Luby's Cafeteria.

Question $ 3: Was there a relationship between Laura M. Bishop and Robert T. Herres: and was it entirely professional?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Swizzlez Rent-a-Shill in San Francisco, California said: Can a long-time insider shed a little light on the background of Laura Mahan Bishop.

She is the President and Principal of USAA Reciprocal Attorney-in-Fact, Inc. which is the "ultimate controlling person" at 9800 Fredericksburg Road.

Question # 2: Was she connected in any way with Lubbock's Bishop's Cafeteria before she joined Luby's Cafeteria.

Question $ 3: Was there a relationship between Laura M. Bishop and Robert T. Herres: and was it entirely professional?

I have been there almost 10 years and never heard of her. Why not google her name and see what you find.

TooTiredToSell in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

Swizzlez Rent-a-Shill in San Francisco, California said: Can a long-time insider shed a little light on the background of Laura Mahan Bishop.

Bobby:

Are the voices back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no more thank u for calling USAA in Texas

27 months ago

CorporateHate in San Antonio, Texas said: Guys...get educated and take control of your lives...Because fuess what..USAA doesn't care about u!!! But thats anywhere, really. Social Nerworking works...

Well, as far as education goes.....having bachelors can help BUT if you think you gonna go to school now (if you don't have bachelors) and then you'll find great job-you are wrong. I think you gotta work with what you got at this time in your life....you gotta be very strong if you hate your job and it kills you every day but you decide to stay there just cause they pay for your bachelors.....I mean, it could be worth it....but I don't know. I had bachelors before I got hired at USAA...so I can't really k/ theynow what it is like to be there just to get your degree......

but you know, honestly, any employer you see out there, doesn't give too $#%@& about people that work for them....that's just the nature of the beast. Finally, I realized that you gotta squeeze all you can from your employer

27 months ago

you gotta squeeze all you can but for that you gotta be a very good employee, very diligent and hard working...then you might get some perks that you otherwise wouldn't get if you slack. I mean, no one cares about you, really. The best thing is to own your own business if you can handle the risks :) Then you are your own boss...How nice is that :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

HonestOne in Boerne, Texas said: ---
reference to "slave labor"...can also be called "wage laborer " or "labor commodity") or they would value employee retention and not treat them like numbers. My problem is that I held USAA on a pedestal...and it came crashing down after witnessing what I saw and experienced. I didn't meet a single manager, director , or AVP who had served in the military...so not sure how they claim "We know

Aren't we all sell our time for money? That is true for any job. What isn't slave labor? I mean we get paid for our jobs....anything people do can be "slave labor"......being on the phone is not easy when you can't leave your desk without anyreflags popping up.......working anywhere can be looked at as slave labor cause you are just stuck at your place of job....you are not free to do as you please since you are working there and they pay you for your time and to do what they want you to do as per your job description. It is worse in one plce vs another but still we all have choices and we all decide what we want to do with our time and our lives. If someone decid

27 months ago

I mean, we are free people. No one captured us and sold to USAA or another company to work for food and shelter...we all free to leave if we want to. We just choose to stay for one reason or another :) I don't agree with slave labor comment. Environment is worse in one place vs another also. But again, we all free to do as we choose. Some people are luckier that others when they have the ability to change their life quicker than others for one reason or another.
I reread the very first post in this forum and it made me smile. I shal reply to it :) No, when you work at USAA, you have no time to socialize! During the day you on the phone, and on your lunch and breaks you try to get out of the building and not see those desks or anything. After work, you run home.

27 months ago

I had no desire to get to know anybody cause we were all so busy and tired. At this job I friggin know more about my collegues :) and here is the funny part :) some people drive me nuts :)Before I obsessed about taking calls all day long and complaining customers and now I obsess about my collegues who drive me nuts. so.....human nature is crazy! truly crazy! we always will find something to make us unhappy, I guess. But I'd rather be unattached from a phone and obsess about coworkers that being on the phone day in and day out.

27 months ago

By the way, did they adjust rates for newly eligible vets or does it still come out pretty high in most cases compared to what they are paying with their present insurer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Previous Employee in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: I am truly surprised by some of the negative comments on here. USAA is a GREAT company to work for! )

I agree that USAA is great company to work for but the job itself really sucked for me!

27 months ago

no more thank u for calling USAA in Texas said: I agree that USAA is great company to work for but the job itself really sucked for me!

Sadly they are not a great company to work for. They used to be but no longer. They have no respect for their front line employees and the job they do on a daily basis. They have no appreciation and they need to learn that if they want to stop the high turnover rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

They need to learn many other things as well, but respect and appreciation are two good places for them to start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Financial Advisor LOL in Phoenix, Arizona

27 months ago

I am a "financial advisor" or as I call it a "licensed phone operator". USAA's ultimate goal is to have 100% of calls go to MAS so we can sell them life insurance, investments or annuities, no matter if the member needs them or not.
A member calls in and hits zero instead of selecting the correct department? It goes to financial advice. We are required to give a long, drawn out monologue of what we do, and try to get the member to tell us about their entire financial life instead of just transferring them to where they want to go in the first place.
Lord help anyone that calls in for an FDIC insured CD through our bank. They will be routed to a financial advisor to attempt to talk them into a non FDIC insured investment or annuity product, despite the fact that these sales practices are deceptive and illegal.

90% of the calls I get are calls where the member called in for another reason or they talked to another rep who is so desperate to fill their asinine "referral" quota that they lie to the member about where they are being transferred. I can't tell you how many times I've talked to people who are dropped on me because some rep told them they had to talk to a financial advisor about something stupid.
News flash: Financial advisors do two things: SELL INVESTMENTS OR LIFE INSURANCE PRODUCTS. We can't help someone with crappy credit who was declined for a loan. We can't help a deadbeat who can't pay their car insurance, and we sure as hell can't tell them how much p&c coverage they need.
Wow...that felt good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Financial Advisor LOL in Phoenix, Arizona

27 months ago

Oh, and the "life events"...give me a freaking break. Telling someone that they need to talk to a.financial advisor because they just moved down the street? What the hell? You wouldn't walk into a Fidelity or Charles Schwab office because you had a "life event", so why would you need to be referred to a financial advisor unless you NEEDED TO INVEST MONEY OR PURCHASE LIFE INSURANCE???
MAS is a SALES organization. No financial advisor wants to talk to someone who has no money or has no desire to talk to us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex USAA Drone in San Antonio, Texas

27 months ago

Financial Advisor, what you said is hilarious but at the same time, it is not. When I was a robot for PS, we were told to refer all calls that mentioned lack of money or any questions about money to the FAC. Even though most of those referrals went against my common sense and better judgment, I had to do it because then I'd be given half of my bonus. We, the reps, would try to reason with the management and tell them it was a waste of time when we could focus on the higher net worth members. That was a waste of time as well because no one can get through to a ROCK. I left, needless to say, since I cannot stand being in a workplace that saturated with stupidity.

Jay in Colorado Springs, Colorado

27 months ago

I had a similar experience. They are more concerned with the transfer, then the purpose. I often argued that it was a waste of time and resources to transfer people when they MAS was a sales department and not life coaches. If someone is broke, MAS is pointless because they won't have the funds to plan for their future.

It was the same with transferring for a credit card, or bank product. If they aren't paying their insurance premiums and complaining they are broke, most likely the bank will not be able to help. The bank is a preferred risk company.

They need to focus more on successful transactions rather then the transfer itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I experienced the exact same situation on a daily basis in the San Antonio office. I was labeled a trouble maker by my manager (a real fool who was managing P&C even though he came from the Bank....another one of the MX experiments) because I pointed out all the blatant misinformation and downright lies that many reps were telling members in order to try and get a referral. He didn't give a shi@. He didn't care about treating the member in a professional manner...just that his team tallied up more referrals than the next team. He straight out told me it wasn't worthwhile giving the employees additional training, because so many of them would quit anyway. In a heated discussion with my Director (another career Bank employee who moved over to P&C) she asked why I noticed all these problems that no one else mentioned...I was forced into simply replying "I guess I'm just smarter". Their perfect employee is a brain dead, uneducated Zombie who questions nothing and presses referral on every call. It was a horrible work environment.

Financial Advisor LOL

26 months ago

Who the hell runs a business by basing employee performance on the number of customers they pawn off on another department? Using referrals as the primary performance metric is asinine. What happened to taking care of the business that was called about? What about customer service? It seems that all USAA wants is for reps to bounce members around the enterprise like ping pong balls.
A successful call isn't to take care of the reason the member called and leave him or her satisfied, a successful call in USAA's eyes is to transfer this member to 6 different reps, and have nothing accomplished. Its ludicrous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Burnt out at 9 months in Riverview, Florida

26 months ago

Financial Advisor LOL said: Who the hell runs a business by basing employee performance on the number of customers they pawn off on another department? Using referrals as the primary performance metric is asinine. What happened to taking care of the business that was called about? What about customer service? It seems that all USAA wants is for reps to bounce members around the enterprise like ping pong balls.
A successful call isn't to take care of the reason the member called and leave him or her satisfied, a successful call in USAA's eyes is to transfer this member to 6 different reps, and have nothing accomplished. Its ludicrous.

It's quite sad isn't it? My first manager was a previous bank manager. She was sooo horrible, during coaching, her robotic reply to every situation was "What do you know about the member?" I was like, "uh he wanted an ID card" OK, but what do you know about the member? I thought I was in the matrix, looking for the black cat to cross my path. It was indeed stupid. PS reps like myself are so mentally drained, it's a borderline internment camp! I feel so bad for our members to have to deal with the downhill slide USAA is undertaking. And it's only going to get worse, from the direction the company is headed, to the sneaky way they can save money now by making it harder to promote from even the entry level position. I'll be looking for a new job soonest, as soon as I get off this next call.... GO CODE BLUE!!!! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Another joke is the "confidential" employee survey. We are told that they do not know answers that people marked yet when we received the results last year they knew how many people out of my 11 member team how many people answered a certain way or if someone didn't answer the question. My team was telling eachother just to give all fives so we wouldn't need to come up with some stupid action plan to make working at USAA all fives. I gave all fives except for the questions directly related to the supervisor. Whst a joke that survey is. They can figure out which team member answered a certain way. Who do they think they are kidding saying it is completely annonymous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Burnt out at 9 months in Riverview, Florida

26 months ago

LOL the climate survey is a joke. All you can do is rate but not make any comments to why we're rating it low. It's just a tool that makes us think "We Count" It's all a load of crap, but some people actually eat that sh1t up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Financial Advisor LOL

26 months ago

Now everyone in my department has to do a mandatory shift bid.
They have mostly.saturday and closing shifts available for us. Nobody gives a damn if you have a family, or young kids, or a life outside of work. You are supposed to be happy with changing your entire life around, affecting your spouse's schedule, your kids school schedule, and anything you do after work, just because some asshat in Texas decides we need to play 52 card pickup with our work schedules.
How can a company screw with people's lives like that and expect employees to be happy? I may go from a normal, M-F, 9-5 schedule to one that I have to work every night or every Saturday. And this is acceptable how?

USAA doesn't give two craps about its employees, and as a company that is supposedly built.on service, that's pathetic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Financial Advisor LOL said: Now everyone in my department has to do a mandatory shift bid.
They have mostly.saturday and closing shifts available for us. Nobody gives a damn if you have a family, or young kids, or a life outside of work. You are supposed to be happy with changing your entire life around, affecting your spouse's schedule, your kids school schedule, and anything you do after work, just because some asshat in Texas decides we need to play 52 card pickup with our work schedules.
How can a company screw with people's lives like that and expect employees to be happy? I may go from a normal, M-F, 9-5 schedule to one that I have to work every night or every Saturday. And this is acceptable how?

USAA doesn't give two craps about its employees, and as a company that is supposedly built.on service, that's pathetic.

Yeah the work/life balance they like to ram down everyone's throat is a myth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Another "trick" USAA uses, is the "Seasonal Employee" hires. They are hiring seasonal employees to start training in late July and early August. That means they will be answering calls in late September. In the case of Mortgage Processors, I didn't realize there was a big fall rush for mortgages! USAA does this because they do not pay the seasonal employees the Holiday Bonus OR Regular Bonus. They get about 6-8 months of cheaper labor...then wait until after Bonus season to offer full time. I guess they do this since they know so many of the employees would quit after the Feb bonus if they were to give it right off the bat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

On another note...cover page of San Antonio Express News today there is a story "Task force to suggest using sales tax for pre-K". Low and behold, our beloved CEO Joe Robles is not only a retired Army General and USAA CEO...but apparently now he is an expert on Early childhood education. As a member of the task force (see his picture with the mayor on page A6) he supports raising our sales taxes to fund pre-K programs. I wonder if there is any conflict of interest...umm basically free child care for a all the single moms in the low paying jobs at USAA that other people (taxpayers) pay for. Sounds great. Funny one of the other task force members is another multi-millionaire like Joe, HEB CEO Charles Butt...I guess he is an early childhood education expert as well. It is so apparent...the local CEO's scratch Mayor Castro's back with his liberal initiatives and he takes care of them. I guess that is big business. As a loyal USAA member, I am glad that much of my premiums, etc. have made Joe a multi-millionaire so that he can hang with the big boys. I bet he wasn't an education expert when he was just the CFO at USAA. Now if the CEOs can just figure out how to get free housing from the city for the employees, then they can eliminate raises and bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Why is it that there are so many back stabbers? I do the best I can each day yet I fear that I will make some minor "mistake" according to their rules. Never mind what is best for the member but if you stray from the "proper procedure" even if it is not what is best for the member I am docked for it. I just don't understand why management doesn't do what they preach "integrity, honesty, blah, blah, blah."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

'NISS in Dallas, Texas

26 months ago

Looking at taking a job in the Corporate Compliance Dept in San Antonio...anyone have any knowledge of how the Corporate guys work? I see a bunch of bad press on here, but also know to take a little of that with a grain of salt...any advice? Come on board or steer clear???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GoodFella in San Antonio, Texas

26 months ago

'NISS in Dallas, Texas said: Looking at taking a job in the Corporate Compliance Dept in San Antonio...anyone have any knowledge of how the Corporate guys work? I see a bunch of bad press on here, but also know to take a little of that with a grain of salt...any advice? Come on board or steer clear???

It's what you make of it. It's all politics over there but if you can deal with that then great.
From what I understand, it's a republican country over there. Don't mention obama lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

'NISS in Dallas, Texas

26 months ago

GoodFella in San Antonio, Texas said: It's what you make of it. It's all politics over there but if you can deal with that then great.
From what I understand, it's a republican country over there. Don't mention obama lol

I hear ya

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

So Happy Its Over in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

I just quit 2 weeks ago, I am so happy its over. When I told my co-workers, not one said "why?!?" they all said "you are so lucky." It wasn't luck, I went and found a new job. I was a MSR in PNC and was so sick of the sales that they want us to push down people's throats I just couldn't take it anymore. Then when they messed with our schedules so I would get home so late that I couldn't help my kids with homework, and a 2 weeks notice of what Saturdays I would work, it was over. The company was ok, I would say as far as the business world goes they are just about the same as the next guy. I was never told to act without ethics...well once but he got fired. The members are the best, but the job is exhausting and literally made me sick. people get so mad when you ask them over and over "what was the biggest reason you bought a car/house/whatever", and I had to do it. You have to not care to be able to do the things they want you to do. I cared, and I'm gone...Thank you God!! By the way, the bonus was about 5,000/yr, which I will miss, but it sure as heck was not 20,000 like the person lots of posts before said. I may have stayed and cared less for 20,000 :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Undecided - Dallas,TX in Irving, Texas

25 months ago

Hello everyone, So far I have seen a lot of negative comments in regards to USAA. However, there are not comments in regards to the mortgage side. Could anyone tell me how it is there, I am in the process to go into an interview and would like to know what the atmosphere is in the mortgage side of USAA in Addison, TX. Please advise? Thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Undecided - Dallas,TX in Irving, Texas said: Hello everyone, So far I have seen a lot of negative comments in regards to USAA. However, there are not comments in regards to the mortgage side. Could anyone tell me how it is there, I am in the process to go into an interview and would like to know what the atmosphere is in the mortgage side of USAA in Addison, TX. Please advise? Thank you!!!

My friend worked in that dept but in Phoenix. She was a temp employee that was supposed to be hired FT. She said it is stressful. There is alot of follow up that needs to be done. She didn't like her boss. She ended up quitting because she knew that if she didn't speed up more they were going to fire her. The mortgage side of USAA has not had a good reputation since I have been working there. They always messed up the escrow acct for Homeowners insurance and taxes. I worked on that end of it and was glad I never got a mortgage there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

charlene in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

Undecided - Dallas,TX in Irving, Texas said: Hello everyone, So far I have seen a lot of negative comments in regards to USAA. However, there are not comments in regards to the mortgage side. Could anyone tell me how it is there, I am in the process to go into an interview and would like to know what the atmosphere is in the mortgage side of USAA in Addison, TX. Please advise? Thank you!!!

I would say give it a try. Everyone has different experiences. If you don't feel comfortable about USAA and have other offers then take the other offer, if not then I would give it try. You can always looks for something else in the meantime. I worked in the customer contact area (call center) for 6yrs and in the beginning it was ok, then it got ridiculous with the expectations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

So Happy Its Over in San Antonio, Texas said: I just quit 2 weeks ago, I am so happy its over. When I told my co-workers, not one said "why?!?" they all said "you are so lucky." It wasn't luck, I went and found a new job. I was a MSR in PNC and was so sick of the sales that they want us to push down people's throats I just couldn't take it anymore. Then when they messed with our schedules so I would get home so late that I couldn't help my kids with homework, and a 2 weeks notice of what Saturdays I would work, it was over. The company was ok, I would say as far as the business world goes they are just about the same as the next guy. I was never told to act without ethics...well once but he got fired. The members are the best, but the job is exhausting and literally made me sick. people get so mad when you ask them over and over "what was the biggest reason you bought a car/house/whatever", and I had to do it. You have to not care to be able to do the things they want you to do. I cared, and I'm gone...Thank you God!! By the way, the bonus was about 5,000/yr, which I will miss, but it sure as heck was not 20,000 like the person lots of posts before said. I may have stayed and cared less for 20,000 :)

CONGRATS!!!!!!! the same with me...nobody asked why, they just said good for you :) so what kind of job did you get? I went into strictly clerical job, I friggin love it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   94  95  96  97  98  99  100  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.