What's the company culture at USAA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4901 to 4950 of 4991)
Page:  « First « Previous   96  97  98  99  100  Next »   Last »

Ed XX in Norfolk, Virginia

25 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: Are there any claims adjusters that moved from Policy Service? How does the wrok environment differ? Are you glad you mad the move? I am interested to see if it would be a good move.

It can be a challenging move based on my observations while in property claims but I can't comment on auto claims. What may be the biggest challenge may involve the philosophy learned in P/S along with a regimented mind set taught there. The P/S people who transferred to property were able to quickly grasp the basics of routine coverage but becoming comfortable to abstractly think out of the box was something they struggled with. Perhaps the easiest way of explaining this is to imagine all the unnecessary P/S baggage these people were unable to release as they attempted to transition to property. They simple couldn't let the P/S indoctrination go and this held them back in finding a comfort level in property.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas

25 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: Are there any claims adjusters that moved from Policy Service? How does the wrok environment differ? Are you glad you mad the move? I am interested to see if it would be a good move.

I was in claims non-injury/auto for 18 months. I came from policy service. I had a problem with my second manager. I could not make them believe I was doing quality work. I went back to policy service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey1127 in Sacramento, California

25 months ago

I was in Policy Service and wanted to go over to Claims as they were hiring and they told me NO! They had no need to move people from Policy Service to claims and that if I did not want to be part of Policy Service, I should just seperate form the company. Another manager in the company thought it would be a good idea for me to go to Claims...but the dragon lady in HR had a melt-down over it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

teamwildwood in Villas, New Jersey

24 months ago

Hello I manage an auto body shop and was apart of the USAA DRP program for 10 years. We were taken off a few moths ago without any explanation. After making a few phone call we spoke with a person who told us we were taken off for a lack of work in the area. Now a few months later our competitor was put onto the program during our off season when there is really no work. All of our reports and numbers have been great over the last 10 years. Does anyone have a contact for anyone of any importance in the USAA direct repair program or anybody we can get answers from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rickB in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

I would like to hire an Ex-USAA employee who helped to design the USAA insurance underwritting policies and procedures from over the past 12 years. Ideas? Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joey1127 in Sacramento, California

24 months ago

I have no insight to this, but it's probobly do to cost. Face it, USAA want's someone that will do it for the least amount out of their pocket. They could care less about anything ells, just their bottom line. I know when I was at USAA, claims was a NASTY business and it was all about getting the claim down as low as you could. Adjusters always low-balling claims. Also, if members complained about you to USAA for whatever reason, you may be used as a scape-goat for their (USAA's) cut throat style.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

roostercogburn in Tampa, Florida

24 months ago

I have been retired from USAA Policy Service for two years. The stress of sales pressure, quotas, and referrals was simply becoming too much. I reached a point to where I would have had to breech my own morals to stay with the company in having to manipulate people toward products. I was being forced to be someone I wasn't. It had reached a point of having to sale the members something whether they needed it or could afford it. Trying to sale someone a life insurance policy while they were standing in line at the DMV needing an insurance card was just too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

curiousperson21 in San Antonio, Texas

24 months ago

If you have a misdemeanor but had your record sealed ....can USAA see it with a background check? Anyone know what type of background check they do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

itsamystery in Colorado Springs, Colorado

24 months ago

Not sure, I got a copy of it, this was quite a while ago. It was pretty long - 30 pages it seems. I guess you would have to order one yourself to see if it shows on your record.

222333 in Tarpon Springs, Florida

21 months ago

Looking to find out how USAA bank (mortgage) deals with resignations. Do you work out a notice or do they release you on the spot? Do you get paid for your accumulated time off on your last check, or should you use it up before you resign? I have worked in mortgage for a few other banks and there has been little consistency from one bank to another in how they deal with it. Some have required a notice and some have your access turned off by the time you get back to your desk. I've also been paid and not been paid for my unused time off. I would appreciate responses from people who have resigned from a position in mortgage at USAA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

4U in Katy, Texas

21 months ago

At USAA usually they walk you out and no time to give notice. They will pay for unused PTO but I would use as many days up as possible.

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

USAA is the only place I know where you can totally screw people over and get promoted then those that do a good job either stay put or get demoted. Too many unfair things going on in my department now. Why is it that they don't know how to plan ahead when they know change is coming?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

4U in Colorado Springs, Colorado

21 months ago

Yes. Good workers who do their jobs, usually trained and have tenure they want to leave so they can hire those with less experience and pay them less. And if the tenured employee leaves they do not care because it is less money they have to shell out. It is like a revolving door of employees.Some get into a click thinking they are somehow, superior, and stick together as a group to keep their jobs even if it means bullying others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Prez in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

Ok so at USAA it is really simple. If you are in policy service, your life sucks.... If you are not on the phone, you bleed USAA.. You must meet quotas or you WILL be fired, you must adhere to your schedule or you WILL be fired.. I dont know how many calls there are in a day but I do know the phones ring non stop from 7:30am-9:00 pm, back-to-back-to-back.. You will likely have a shared Saturday w/ little notice and guess what, they are busy too. They will tell you there are no "scripts" but if you do not sell the way they want you to sell, you will get marked for that. You might think to yourself "I can sell, no problem." but when you get a complaining member or someone that just wants something simple done (85% of the calls) you will see how it is an issue. Management does little to none to help you advance your career and have even gone as far as impeding progress for those who try. They do NOT care if you leave because there are people lined up at the door to replace you. There is a stigma, at least in the San Antonio area, that USAA is the greatest place to work and if you leave, you are a fool. Truth is, it is not the only gig in town, matter of fact there are many large companies that pay more and have less expensive benefit packages. After hearing so many good things about USAA before my employment, it ended up being a huge disappointment. Sadly, if you are considering USAA, you will probably go ahead and work there anyway so my advice to you is this. Pimp USAA, use it to get where you wanna be. USAA will pay up to $5000 a year for college, use that, get your degree, get your licenses and hold off as long as you can. Once you are more marketable, apply somewhere else and get what you deserve. That's what I did as well as many others that I know and let me tell you, it was one of the better decisions I've ever made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

What about a 401k match or pension? That is what is keeping me there if I can hold on a few more years. The 8% match plus the pension I have before they changed it in 2007 is what is keeping me even if it is by a thread. I am afraid if I leave I won't be able to retire without a good retirement package somewhere else. Plus I am at the 50+ age group which doesn't put me at a premium for wanting to hire someone older.

TiredofGames in San Antonio, Texas

20 months ago

What's the dam Employee Verification number?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TiredofGames in San Antonio, Texas

20 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: What about a 401k match or pension? That is what is keeping me there if I can hold on a few more years. The 8% match plus the pension I have before they changed it in 2007 is what is keeping me even if it is by a thread. I am afraid if I leave I won't be able to retire without a good retirement package somewhere else. Plus I am at the 50+ age group which doesn't put me at a premium for wanting to hire someone older.

Stressed...you see, I know some people that did start-ups after then retired...don't give up..life is still brewing with opportunities. Start a business in anything you know or you're good at.

Life isn't over til Obama somehow gets reelected again..or worse..Bush.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bpos in New Jersey

20 months ago

Only had to read a page or two before I realized the way it was going. Trust me I do not second guess your stand point or view because you are entitled to it. However, in life we ALWAYS see things our way or fit it into who we are, it's called Justification. With that said it is important to realize that everyone has an opinion and that's why I love blogs because you can agree or disagree.

Negativity & positivity is infectious. Sometimes when there is so much negativity you first have to look at the purpose or end goal of the person's intent. Is it to save another person from making a bad move or perhaps to get back at the company? Whatever the reason maybe there will be justification. On the same note, positive comments will have totally the opposite in that they enjoy what they are doing and are protecting the company.

Yes, I have had issues with other jobs and for the most part I left on my accord but left because of either people or better opportunities not only for me but my family. IMO, I don't think it services any purpose to bad mouth a company once you left. Move on with your life and stop holding on to the past. I wish I was younger & as thin as when I was in my 20's but dwelling and thinking about it won't solve anything. We all had times when things don't go the way we want it to. That is life and move on rather than bringing others into it so you can try to justify why others need to see it your way too. Life is short, live it with a purpose that matters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lookin4abetterjob in Phoenix, Arizona

20 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: I have started a notebook of my one on one discussion along with my production and quality scores which I will keep at home. I don't plan on using FMLA for a continuous period. I only want to use it intermittently if I feel stressed and need a couple of days off. I only requested a few days a month since it is not my intention to not go to work. I thought it may help protect my job but it doesn't sound like it. Is my boss allowed to ask my why I applied for it if I don't use it for awhile? I don't want to tell them it would be for stress/anixety issues.

I just did the SAME THING!!! I, who have NEVER before used FMLA, now have it so that when I feel an anxiety attack coming on, I can leave without being fired. It's crazy there, because there's NOWHERE you can go!!! I have to pretend I need to use the restroom just to catch my breath and stop myself from becoming hysterical! I'm sad to say this, because I've never cried at work before USAA. The stress and anxiety is just too much. It's unrealistic! It's unbelievable how much they demand out of us when they only beat us down in "coaching"! For anyone who's reading this and thinking that only disgruntled employees post in places like this, the fact remains that the vast majority of employees at USAA, most of which were normal at the start, are now on Anti-Depressant or Anti-Anxiety medication, FMLA and/or receiving treatment for depression. Everyone there knows it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

I agree. I have been to a few different counselors during my time at USAA and it is amazing how much they already knew about working there. I think we keep their practices busy. I would like to see how much they pay out in mental health claims.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

222333 in Holiday, Florida

19 months ago

4U in Katy, Texas said: At USAA usually they walk you out and no time to give notice. They will pay for unused PTO but I would use as many days up as possible.

I'm not sure if your experience was on the bank or insurance side, but now that I resigned and have started my new job I can tell the bank side does not walk you to the door. My manager wanted me to work a two week notice, but my new job started in less than two weeks and my manager was great about it. There is an exception, if you are going to work for a competitor, you will be expected to leave right away. Just thought I'd update now that I have been through it.

Debating in San Francisco, California

17 months ago

Anyone know information about the Junior Military Program? It seems like a great opportunity. It doesn't involve a call center job, so should the experience be better than whats being described on this forum?

17 months ago

*Junior Military Officer Program

17 months ago

Debating in San Francisco, California said: Anyone know information about the Junior Military Program? It seems like a great opportunity. It doesn't involve a call center job, so should the experience be better than whats being described on this forum?

Did they tell you what kind of job it is? 905 of the jobs there are call center jobs. They are very sales oriented and micromanaged. I don't know about other jobs because I have been primarily on the phone. You have to shift bid so you may or may not get a schedule you want. You also have to bid for vacation in October for the next year. For instance, we bid for vacation time this past October for February 2013-January of 2014. It is ridiculous to think you are going to know all of the vacation for the following year and you may not get what you want. So make sure it is not a call center job otherwise this is what you have to look forward to.

17 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: Did they tell you what kind of job it is? 905 of the jobs there are call center jobs. They are very sales oriented and micromanaged. I don't know about other jobs because I have been primarily on the phone. You have to shift bid so you may or may not get a schedule you want. You also have to bid for vacation in October for the next year. For instance, we bid for vacation time this past October for February 2013-January of 2014. It is ridiculous to think you are going to know all of the vacation for the following year and you may not get what you want. So make sure it is not a call center job otherwise this is what you have to look forward to.

I meant to say 90% of the jobs not 905.

17 months ago

stressed out in San Antonio, Texas said: Did they tell you what kind of job it is? 905 of the jobs there are call center jobs. They are very sales oriented and micromanaged. I don't know about other jobs because I have been primarily on the phone. You have to shift bid so you may or may not get a schedule you want. You also have to bid for vacation in October for the next year. For instance, we bid for vacation time this past October for February 2013-January of 2014. It is ridiculous to think you are going to know all of the vacation for the following year and you may not get what you want. So make sure it is not a call center job otherwise this is what you have to look forward to.

All the job descriptions don't have any reference to call center positions or member services. I know a majority of people that have had poor experiences seem to have been those on the phone constantly.

Mysterion in Tampa, Florida

17 months ago

I recently left USAA for a new position after several years in the Tampa office. I am thinking of writing a more detailed post on my experience.

Anyways, I'm sure the JMO program is a good opportunity if it's truly for a back-office, non-customer contact position (like being some sort of analyst). Those are really only in San Antonio; the regional offices are, quite simply, cattle to handle the call-center overflow.

As such, I know of a JMO in the Tampa office who is just a glorified call center manager with a fancy title who has to micromanage and mold people into mindless car salesman who pitch MAS regardless of need because it's the current flavor of the month.

It's a good company... if you're not on the phone. I still have everything with USAA and I'm sad I'm not able to grow with the company, but I did end up with something the equivalent of a back-office management position at USAA and am loving life again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mysterion in Tampa, Florida

17 months ago

Just to clarify because that last sentence reads kind of confusingly -- I ended up with another position at another company. I used the tuition benefits to begin chipping away at the masters degree and all kinds of opportunities opened up :)

illnvrtel in Colorado Springs, Colorado

16 months ago

Thank God I am almost out of here. Everything that everyone has said on here is absolutely true. It has been a toxic couple of years, and a continual spiral downward that seems to effect every part of your life. I am glad the economy has picked up a bit where I was able to find other employment. Keep your head up people, and get out. It's not worth your sanity

Still unemplyeed in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

I worked for USAA for 4 years as a non injury claims adjuster (I am also a military widow and my father and grandfather served-both officers by the way) I had great quarterly and yearly reviews I loved it there. They preach about how they are there to help the military and their families, and then it happened I was transferred to a new team with a new manager that came from quality control and from day one because I was not 21 years old and had my nose half way up his ass in less then 6 months he had me fired. I would get member/peer compliments at the team meeting and then 2 hours later he would call me to the little room and have me in tears. I went on short term and I wasn't even back a month and he had me fired, he told me he needed to talk to me we went in a little room and there was an out processor in the room and I was asked if I knew why I was there I said no and then I was fired and escorted out and never got to go back to my desk, when my stuff was mailed to me half of it was gone. There is no one to talk to about your missing stuff either I tried.
I have been unemployed for 1 1/2 years now and I can't even get a receptionist job. I was told by the out processor that my manager had me fired and said I was not eligible for rehire, dumb me I thought that was for USAA only (which was ok by me). Come to find out when a potential employer calls for reference this can and will put you on the do not hire list. I even went to work for a temp agency thinking that if my last employer was contacted it would be the temp, wrong again. I still can not get full time work in the insurance industry or anywhere. So much for their commitment to our military and their families all they care about is the money and how many calls you can take. The call volume for adjusters is 100-150 calls a day on average depending on the weather. If anyone is thinking of working there or worried they might be fired,my advise is rethink working for them, or get out now before you get fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

gene 22789 in Norfolk, Virginia

16 months ago

Still unemplyeed in San Antonio, Texas said:

I'm not trying to be crass, but your post cries out for a comment so let's grade it on a sliding scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing the highest.

1. Whining - - 5
2. Clarity - - 3*
3. Ability to communicate only one side of the issue - - 10+
4. Self pity - - 8

If your desire is to show how unfairly you were treated, present both sides of your issues that, from your point of view, allows the reader to compare your actions and treatment with those of USAA so as to understand the unfair treatment you claim to have received. Otherwise, it's just empty words.

* I suggest you try to improve your communication skills as this may well improve your chance of locating a full time position. Even your screen name demonstrates this.

If this offends you, I doubt you believe any change is necessary and that's sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

None of the above but thank you anyway.

BTW, everything I said was accurate. It's called constructive criticism but it's up to her to put it to good use because what she is now doing is certainly not constructive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

That is your opinion and that is fine, you don't know me or the situation and I don't know you. I do however know that there are USAA employees that all they do all day is monitor these type of discussion boards and down play peoples situations and reply negatively to posts and being that you are in Norfolk, VA where USAA has a main office I'm inclined to think that you are one of their minions. So with that said do not assume that you know anything about the SA office or the work environment here.
To further educate you, TWC (Texas Workforce Commission) advised me that they get these complaints against USAA all the time from former employees, unfortunately nothing can be done. So I say to you we all can't be wrong.
Despite your rude comment, I hope you have a very nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

4u in Colorado Springs, Colorado

16 months ago

gene 22789 in Norfolk, Virginia said: I'm not trying to be crass, but your post cries out for a comment so let's grade it on a sliding scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing the highest.

1. Whining - - 5
2. Clarity - - 3*
3. Ability to communicate only one side of the issue - - 10+
4. Self pity - - 8

If your desire is to show how unfairly you were treated, present both sides of your issues that, from your point of view, allows the reader to compare your actions and treatment with those of USAA so as to understand the unfair treatment you claim to have received. Otherwise, it's just empty words.

* I suggest you try to improve your communication skills as this may well improve your chance of locating a full time position. Even your screen name demonstrates this.

If this offends you, I doubt you believe any change is necessary and that's sad.

I think you have to see the consistency in the above comments (several pages) to see there is a trend. Many USAA managers try to make a name for themselves, therefore bullying employees that they feel intimidated by (or out performing or out- educating them. They want to hire educated employees but those that are even of the highest performance, they try to get them to leave the company (eliminating their competition for other positions). They don't have to have a rhyme or reason to push someone out of the company, just because they can. HR doesn't care about the other side of the stories and give full power to the managers , so it doesn't matter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Janetta Purifoy in New Braunfels, Texas

16 months ago

So I just was hired on with usaa as a financial foundations associate and was just widening what the job was like and what the training was like. I heard there is a "basic week" that you have to pass....what is this like? i also heard there are several assessments that must be passed....how difficult are those? Also I heard that there is a lot of computer based training as opposed to instructor led training....is that true. I am excited to be back into the workforce but I also want to know what to expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Janetta Purifoy in New Braunfels, Texas said: So I just was hired on with usaa as a financial foundations associate and was just widening what the job was like and what the training was like. I heard there is a "basic week" that you have to pass....what is this like? i also heard there are several assessments that must be passed....how difficult are those? Also I heard that there is a lot of computer based training as opposed to instructor led training....is that true. I am excited to be back into the workforce but I also want to know what to expect.

Financial Foundations Assoc are insurance agents. The first week is NEO or new employee orintstion. It is no big deal. They teach you about USAA corporate culture,
benefits etc. I only know part of the P&C training but you do have to pass the licensing exam.
keep your job. I think you get two attempts. My friends have said the training was good. I never had to get licensed but did some work in P&C. Youvwi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

B-Ball in Alabama

16 months ago

My perception, from the outside, was that USAA was a reputable, well run company. It's sad to read these comments, my perception of the company has changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Continued from above. The job is a call center insurance sales job. You will be on the phone all day long. You will be expected to sell other products that are recommended by the "opportunity banner". Being new you will likely get a later shift. They shift bid to determine what your schedulee will be. The more seniority you have the sooner you get to pick your schedule
Vacation works the same way. We bid for PTO starting in October for Feb 2014-Feb 2015. The first bid in Oct you pick 2 weeks off based on what is remainingcopen. Good luck with that
November is the 2nd PTO bid where you pick up to 3 weeks off or 15 single days off also based on what is available. You can make a selection to be on the wait if a day you want off is filled. Yousometimes won't find out if you get it until a couple of days before it. It is hard to plan your lofe a year in advance and hope to get the time you want off when you compete with

employeescthat have been there 20 plus years. Forget about getting the week of Christmas, Thanksgiving, Fiesta week or Spring Break off. Those are the first to go. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Still unemplyeed in San Antonio, Texas said:
Despite your rude comment, I hope you have a very nice day.

It's unfortunate you misinterpret honesty as rudeness because in doing so, your attitude will continue as self defeating. You believe I am a USAA "minion" yet I offer nothing in their defense and never will because my post was directed at your one sided, woe is me, I am victim and therefore guilty of nothing post.

You're 21 years old and relatively unseasoned but it's time to look within and attempt to change your recollection of events and put the past behind. Posting your narrow narrative of negativity may serve as a device to vent but if you continue to hold on to this biased past as suggested by your initial comment, it may hinder your moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

CorporateHate in San Antonio, Texas said: Your last post is so...white. //EndOfLine//

Hey! A racist reply.

Aren't you proud.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Your comment was not misinterpreted you claimed it was constructive. I don't know what department you work in but frankly you need to work on your communication and delivery skills. It was judgmental and flat out rude. You also assume that I'm 21 years old your mistake. It sounds to me like you are a manager.
I gave up a great career because I was told how wonderful a company USAA was to work for. Shame on me, I should have known it was to good to be true. In the beginning it all sounds great, then you find out the truth. Because of one manager that had an ego, I have lost the career that I loved and was very good at.
If you are happy at USAA good for you, but one day when you are in the situation where they want to get rid of you for someone younger that they can pay less for, then you will know how it feels to be mislead and betrayed by those how say they are there for the employee.
P.S. If you are so happy, you are not defending them and USAA is so great then what in the world are you doing on this message board. Please do not say you are playing devils advocate if you are so happy you have an agenda.
Again have a nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Concerning your age, I misread your first post - my error.

Your question of "If you are so happy, you are not defending them and USAA is so great then what in the world are you doing on this message board." seems to suggest the only reason people can visit here is to either defend USAA or complain and that's a narrow attitude.

What on earth is wrong about letting go of the past and moving on because it appears that is something you are reluctant to do. What I am suggesting to you is that you need to stop defending your unhappiness because that is what you have accomplished here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

CorporateHate in San Antonio, Texas said: Don't you have work to do...go and blow some more VPs, Executive Directors...you're good at that...and yes, you look like Snowden...;)..eat crap and die, dirtbag...

Wow. You sure know how to whisper the sweet nothings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

disguntled phone jockey in san antonio in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

Janetta Purifoy in New Braunfels, Texas said: So I just was hired on with usaa as a financial foundations associate and was just widening what the job was like and what the training was like. I heard there is a "basic week" that you have to pass....what is this like? i also heard there are several assessments that must be passed....how difficult are those? Also I heard that there is a lot of computer based training as opposed to instructor led training....is that true. I am excited to be back into the workforce but I also want to know what to expect.

you have modules u read. The company has downsided most training people and that is the reason for the module learning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fulfillment seeker in nowhere, Florida

15 months ago

I am thinking of applying for another position in my area. I have done the work before but there were politics involved and was forced back to a previous role. I am wondering if I should try again or if I should stay put. Some of the troublemakers are still there but much of the mgmt has changed. Still don't trust some of the people that would be doing the training but liked the work and it is a promotion. Has anyone been in this position and how did it work out? How would you explain yourself in an internal interview where they have your record or with another company that don't know the history?

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia

13 months ago

What the hell was I thinking? I was in Policy Service for 5 years before I got the hell away from this nasty corporation of losers. Now they are hunting for veterans to hire because kiss-ass Joe told Mrs. Obama at the White House that 30% of USAA's new hires would be veterans or spouses. I feel sorry for those poor souls! Joey did not say he would retain 30% because you simply can't do it! See, the majority of the folks at USAA hate the military and do not have a clue what all those words on the blue banners really mean. They will eat those poor military families alive! Anyway, I applied for an inside property adjuster for fun. Here they come! Already setting me up for interviews. USAA's famous management team with a long-lived superiority complex will be licking their chops for some fresh vet meat! I guess it makes them feel strong beating down tough military types! They would not last a day in the military, and they laugh at USAA's "We know what it means to serve" pitch. STAY AWAY VETERANS! THEY HATE US! It is like being in the sandbox. You can tell who hates you, right? Anyway, I am not biting on this hook!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Obermeister in Reedville, Texas

13 months ago

Uh oh. Look out Norfolk Property. Another P/S person is knocking on your door to once again prove P/S and Property blend about as well as oil and water They usually find it difficult to jump quite that high while carrying all that baggage but based on this person's attitude, it might be an interesting interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joey in Sacramento, California

13 months ago

Oh no! When I was hired at the Sacramento Office for Policy Service, they were only paying us $28k a year and told us how great that was given all the perks...REALLY? How could a vet with a family afford to work for this company in the first place? USAA knows what it means to pay people a salary that would go with being a NEWLY enlisted, un-skilled recruite, but that's where it ends, folks. Anything to line their pockets with your gold.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia

13 months ago

Obermeister in Reedville, Texas said: Uh oh. Look out Norfolk Property. Another P/S person is knocking on your door to once again prove P/S and Property blend about as well as oil and water They usually find it difficult to jump quite that high while carrying all that baggage but based on this person's attitude, it might be an interesting interview.

Carrying baggage? I just don't believe in abusing employees in order to make money for members. You see, We who REALLY know what it means to serve learned in the military that you protect your people, not abuse them. You act as if claims if a higher form of life. Hate is hate no matter what department you work in. There was a CEO a while back who believed in not treating employees like dogs. He was replaced with bean counting losers and Kool Aid drinking robots like you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dmecula in Va Beach, Virginia

13 months ago

OhThankGawd in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Carrying baggage? I just don't believe in abusing employees in order to make money for members. You see, We who REALLY know what it means to serve learned in the military that you protect your people, not abuse them. You act as if claims if a higher form of life. Hate is hate no matter what department you work in. There was a CEO a while back who believed in not treating employees like dogs. He was replaced with bean counting losers and Kool Aid drinking robots like you.

Perhaps you should consider returning to your predictably regimented life in that military cocoon you seem to relish. While in the service, my goal was quite simply getting out in order to return to "the real world". You have my sympathy because I can see how difficult it is for you while attempting to make the transition.

Good luck because you, like all of us, carry baggage but fortunately, not with a grip as tight as yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   96  97  98  99  100  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.