A Rather Unpleasant Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Margaret Chmiel in Orlando, Florida

32 months ago

I recently applied at ULine for an Executive Assistant position to one of their top executives at their corporate office. I was asked to come in for the interview, took some standard tests, and waited to see Tim, a RECRUITER who was to interview me for my 2 pm appointment.

During my time of arrival, as I sat down, a young lady went in ahead of me.. also seeing him. Shortly after, another young lady walked through the door and said he had a 2:15 with Tim. The current interviewee came out about 8 minutes after she walk in through the door. I was then called in by Tim and followed him into an interview office and sat down. He was the most unnaturally unpleasant cold natured recruiter I have ever met. I was rushed to answer simple interview questions and felt that I was not given the time and consideration to even showcase my experience. He made it feel like they were doing me a favor of even interviewing me.

I have many levels of experience with very stable job history. My last employer, I was there for 4 years. My second to last, I was there 7 years, and yet before that, another 5 years. All of my employers are on my LinkedIn account and have nother but great things to say about me. I have an MBA, have GM experience, etc. I also have experience working with Uline while I was with one of my previous employers. We provided them with product which they currently sell. I have also met Liz, the owner, personally while at one of our company event customer appreciation events. I had nothing but great things to say about the company.

I understand that the company is growing. I understand that they get about 800 resumes per week and interview many people. but the recruiters, like the receptionists are the forefront of the company. In this case, having horrible recruiters tarnishes the company and what they are said to be built on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Sheridan in Langley, British Columbia

24 months ago

I recently had a fairly abrasive first phone interview with Frankie in responding to my resume. The position in question is the District sales rep for your Richmond, BC Canada location.
Obviously, Frankie's question as to why I had left my sales position of 14 years with First Choice Security and Audio required an answer and in my response, pretty sure my bitterness surfaced in losing my accounts and aquired perks to "house accounts"

I know I could do an excellent job for ULINE and have always accelerated in a competative
sales environment, and have been left feeling like I shot myself in the foot, and regret losing this opportunity. If the position has not been filled, would request the consideration of an interview in Richmond, BC Canada
Sincerely,
Kevin Sheridan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sally12 in laval, Nova Scotia

19 months ago

Kevin Sheridan in Langley, British Columbia said: I recently had a fairly abrasive first phone interview with Frankie in responding to my resume. The position in question is the District sales rep for your Richmond, BC Canada location.
Obviously, Frankie's question as to why I had left my sales position of 14 years with First Choice Security and Audio required an answer and in my response, pretty sure my bitterness surfaced in losing my accounts and aquired perks to "house accounts"

I know I could do an excellent job for ULINE and have always accelerated in a competative
sales environment, and have been left feeling like I shot myself in the foot, and regret losing this opportunity. If the position has not been filled, would request the consideration of an interview in Richmond, BC Canada
Sincerely,
Kevin Sheridan

Trust me you dodged a bullet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.