ULINE-Do they drug test on the first interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Chicagoan in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Interviewing in Waukegan branch. Does ULINE drug test on the first interview? If so, what kind of test?

Thanks for feedback...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

mdalestein in iowa city, Iowa

84 months ago

im interviewing there tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Millie Sue in Charlottesville, Virginia

84 months ago

Well, I hope Uline scouts these postings. If you are worried about a drug test, it is evident that you are a user. Doubt you will make it through the interview. This forum is interesting to read. It's a thin line between love & hate. I read a lot of passion in previous employee postings. It is too bad you couldn't make the cut while working at Uline. For people who were not hired, keep looking. Some company will see the good worker you are. Good luck to all job seekers!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Henry Reiman in Waukegan, Illinois

83 months ago

No. Only after you are hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lizardman Watchyourfingers in Yellowknife, Yukon

76 months ago

What I would like to know is what if you happened to go to an event and someone was smoking weed near you. Then you go to work the next day and have to take a drug test? Even though some stranger you don't know was smoking weed close enough teh second hand smoke entered your system. Are their tests so strict that the smallest of amounts would get you fired? Or do they go by levels where they can tell its from regular use. If they don't and use any positive result even as miniscule as it is that is totally not fair.
Then again I guess thats the liberal Canadian in me talking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

bigjason in Mississauga, Ontario

66 months ago

Drug use holds no merit on the kind of person you are or what your work habits may be like. If you believe otherwise you are foolish. Thats like saying someone who likes drinking beer, has a drinking problem and will most likely come to work drunk, or hungover and be a poor worker. Alcohol is legal so its ok right? Well let me tell you that Uline is full of people who love to drink heavily. Maybe the repressed individuality makes drinking appealing? That and the drug tests, leave that as the only outlet option.
I don't think drugs or alcohol are great, but don't hold it against people who choose either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

the man in Mchenry, Illinois

36 months ago

Millie Sue in Charlottesville, Virginia said: Well, I hope Uline scouts these postings. If you are worried about a drug test, it is evident that you are a user. Doubt you will make it through the interview. This forum is interesting to read. It's a thin line between love & hate. I read a lot of passion in previous employee postings. It is too bad you couldn't make the cut while working at Uline. For people who were not hired, keep looking. Some company will see the good worker you are. Good luck to all job seekers!

your a fu##ing moron who cares if he smokes pot alot of potheads are still good workers as alot of non smokers are lazy!! also workplace drug testing is discrimination against pot smokers because no other drug stays in your system longer than a week or so on average!! --now to lizardman i know this was all posted 39 months ago but heres how it works, you cant fail a drug test from someone else smoking near you and you will likely not fail from taking a hit or two either...the thc content in your urine must be higher than 50ng for you to fail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Idowu in Atlanta, Georgia

29 months ago

Wow, are you serious? How selfish and self-centered you are. I would not allow drug users on my job. Drug testing is NOT discrimination. What are you. . .some kind of moronic idiot who believe in taking to the "man".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Joseph Idowu in Atlanta, Georgia

29 months ago

bigjason in Mississauga, Ontario said: Drug use holds no merit on the kind of person you are or what your work habits may be like. If you believe otherwise you are foolish. Thats like saying someone who likes drinking beer , has a drinking problem and will most likely come to work drunk, or hungover and be a poor worker. Alcohol is legal so its ok right? Well let me tell you that Uline is full of people who love to drink heavily. Maybe the repressed individuality makes drinking appealing? That and the drug tests, leave that as the only outlet option.
I don't think drugs or alcohol are great, but don't hold it against people who choose either.

Do you know and understand why workplaces are drug-free environments? Apparently not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Wandering in Seal Beach, California

28 months ago

Joseph Idowu in Atlanta, Georgia said: Do you know and understand why workplaces are drug-free environments? Apparently not.

Now Joseph I am now showing you how partial I am to both sides of the argument about working at Uline by agreeing with you. Do some people at Uline have a drinking problem, yes they do but they keep it on the down low for the most part. Problem is they better be sober by the time they come to work as one is usually operating a machine that is 4-5 times the weight of a car. When one is putting peoples lives in danger due to their behaviors on the outside, I have a problem with that. Riding those machines around without being fully focused is beyond dangerous. Uline has a habit of putting operators into time crunches to get things done and ultimately it creates an unsafe environment with people "cutting corners". Although operators may not like this they should always be focused when those situations come up and often they come up. I have seen clamp drivers, forklift drivers, jetski drivers, etc. fall asleep while driving and it is just plain idiotic. If you need caffeine to up your game so be it, but drowsy will not work in a fast paced warehouse work environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jokes on You. in Seattle, Washington

19 months ago

Drug testing is a joke now days anyway. Anyone can pass one. Just visit your local smoke shop.. Alcohol kills more people per year than ANY OTHER DRUG on earth. Alcohol is currently legal. Everyone I know at Uline drinks. They serve champagne at WORK to "celebrate" our success. Then we hop back onto out 3000 pound machines and time crunch for numbers the rest of the day. The higher ups all LOVE to drink. Even working at Uline turns you into an alcoholic from all the stress associated with it. Do the MATH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CCsolo in San Bernardino, California

19 months ago

Jokes on You. in Seattle, Washington said: Drug testing is a joke now days anyway. Anyone can pass one. Just visit your local smoke shop.. Alcohol kills more people per year than ANY OTHER DRUG on earth. Alcohol is currently legal. Everyone I know at Uline drinks. They serve champagne at WORK to "celebrate" our success. Then we hop back onto out 3000 pound machines and time crunch for numbers the rest of the day. The higher ups all LOVE to drink. Even working at Uline turns you into an alcoholic from all the stress associated with it. Do the MATH.

Yeah...I suppose if you're clever enough to go and seek out a method of masking your "choice of leisure", you should be perfectly eligible for employment....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomisntfree in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

Joseph Idowu in Atlanta, Georgia said: Wow, are you serious? How selfish and self-centered you are. I would not allow drug users on my job. Drug testing is NOT discrimination. What are you. . .some kind of moronic idiot who believe in taking to the "man".

duuuudeee you have no idea what discrimination is, u just made yourself sound completely ignorant. it is discrimination but its sadly legal discrimination

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.