How to get a job at Uline.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 283 of 283)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

jackw666 in milwaukee, Wisconsin

27 months ago

you're just another fanboy uline mouthpiece.

i know plenty about uline. i've worked with people who have worked there, couldnt stand the environment and left it.
i'm not mad i was not hired, i am still at my existing job and i make more than i would make there. i only applied at uline for a second job.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Luca in Fontana, California

25 months ago

anonymous in Arlington, Texas said: I agree. This is a "wild guess"...
I believe the reason those of you that posted a response were intelligent enough to use a message board, but lacked the intelligence to correct your spelling and grammar.
Your errors were unsightly!
Anyhow, my question is regards to the hiring process at Uline. I have a friend that applied to Uline. He was offered the job, but the company later rescinded the offer due to his references. But the thing is...none of his references were called.
Uline was animate about calling his current employer which I thought was odd due to the fact that it is non uncommon for some employers to be vidictive about their employees leaving for a "bigger and better opportunities".
Why would Uline call a current employer for a reference?
And if they needed to verify employment, they can easily use a paystub or W-2.
Any comments???

Wow..Talk about spelling, grammar and intelligence.You better take another look at your own writing and try a little harder this time, you'll be surprised to find some unsightly errors as well. Not trying to be ""vidictive"" here, just want to point out that ""it is non uncommon"" for people to make mistakes EVEN when there's a spell check available. Cheers!

Reply - Report abuse

SIMO in Agadir, Morocco

23 months ago

I WANT OT WORK IN ULINE POSSIBLE A PERSON GIVE ANY INFORMATIONS ABOUT ULINE BECUASE I HAVE DEMEND IT WAS My answer LIKE THAT
Thank you for your interest in employment at Uline. Your qualifications have been reviewed against our current openings; however, at this time we have decided to pursue other candidates who more closely meet our requirements.

Thank you for your time and interest in Uline. We wish you success in obtaining the position you desire.

Position Applied For: Warehouse Manager - 2nd Shift - Buford, Georgia

Sincerely,

Uline Human Resources

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

matchesmalone in Ann Arbor, Michigan

23 months ago

Joseph Idowu in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a very happy man right now. . . . .

Thank God. . . If anyone has any questions, feel free. I can give you all the info you need because I want to help BUT I probably will not come here much longer since I have achieved my goal. I do not understand people who come here and they do not even work there or not trying to get hired there. Beats me! Do NOT pay attention to the negativity. . . . employees will tell you when you come through the door that they hate brown-nosing and having to micro-manage you. I am hear to tell you. . . your co-workers are telling the truth. You do you and let other people do themselves. This is a great career with great pay and benefits. Take it or leave it. . . no use in complaining. It aint hurting Uline.

What position did you get hired for?

Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I have a phone interview on Thursday for the Warehouse Manager Trainee position. Anything I should expect? I've done the four assessments they sent me through the email.

Two of them were quite long and rigorous but I finished them nonetheless.

Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Betrayed in Seattle, Washington said: I was terminated from ULINE because my 3 year old sick child required hospitalization for 3 days which weren't scheduled ahead of time.. (because he got pneumonia and had a febrile seizure from his fevers) I had already requested the day off for Monday of that week, and came to work on Tuesday but was called home because of the seizure. Went to work on Wednesday and came home to him having high fevers so we too him to Children 's Hospital in Seattle for further evaluation, they kept us there for two days and the following Monday I returned back to work with the doctors note excusing my absence and they still fired me! I just want other people to be aware that this company DOES NOT CARE if you have a FAMILY OR CHILD THAT NEEDS CARE. They want you at work no matter what the issue is. They will tell you that they understand and to go be with your family, but behind your back they are plotting to fire you. Do not work for this company.

Wow. That is very disheartening to hear. Sorry about your kid.

Reply - Report abuse

music does in midwest, Illinois

22 months ago

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe this

Reply - Report abuse

searcher in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

18 months ago

i have heard a rumour that if Uline does not select your resume for a job, they put your name on a list to automatically ignore you for all future job applications.

Anybody else heard that rumor?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Zeppelin in Walnutport, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

matchesmalone in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Wow. That is very disheartening to hear. Sorry about your kid.

Uline DOES NOT have time for ppl w/sickness/family issues/workers comp issues....I used to work there and saw it first hand when they had their 1st ever layoff in company history when the economy tanked in '07-'08. They had a get out of jail FREE card to layoff/fire the problem children under the "guise" of downsizing due to the economic climate at the time. All the "attitude" cases, light duty ppl, family issue ppl...ALL went.

Reply - Report abuse

The Gray Adder in Utica, New York

17 months ago

okforyoutoo in Snoqualmie, Washington said: The fact that the company endorses Fox News on their website speaks volumes...

Here's the op-ed from their website. It's as concerning as you make it sound.

www.uline.com/images/en-US/Corporate/PDF_archive/DH_idolelection.pdf

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Kenosha, Wisconsin

17 months ago

pattij257@*****.*** in Schaumburg, Illinois said: looking to work at uline but cannot get an interview

Your job history is the main criteria. They are picky, you need to have a solid work history and no job hopping.

Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

matchesmalone in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Wow. That is very disheartening to hear. Sorry about your kid.

I don't think you are telling the whole story here. What you are saying is against the federal law. Plus plenty of Uline employees have taken time off for sick family and been very supported.

Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

The Gray Adder in Utica, New York said: Here's the op-ed from their website. It's as concerning as you make it sound.

www.uline.com/images/en-US/Corporate/PDF_archive/DH_idolelection.pdf

They weren't endorsing Fox News, just saying she watched it.

Reply - Report abuse

Cindy in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

16 months ago

searcher in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: i have heard a rumour that if Uline does not select your resume for a job, they put your name on a list to automatically ignore you for all future job applications.

Anybody else heard that rumor?

Not True

Reply - Report abuse

Wandering in Seal Beach, California

15 months ago

Sue in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: I don't think you are telling the whole story here. What you are saying is against the federal law . Plus plenty of Uline employees have taken time off for sick family and been very supported.

Actually with at will employment statues in most of the US it is not illegal. The Uline handbook that every new employee gets includes exceptions to at will but it is to the discretion of Uline to enforce it. An absence is an absence regardless the situation or circumstance at Uline and thy can enforce it as such.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Job seeker in Germantown, Wisconsin

13 months ago

I'm curious as to why the same jobs at U-line are listed day-after-day, month-after-month, year-after-year and never seem to get filled. Is the turn-over rate that high?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

13 months ago

Job seeker in Germantown, Wisconsin said: I'm curious as to why the same jobs at U-line are listed day-after-day, month-after-month, year-after-year and never seem to get filled. Is the turn-over rate that high?

We have very low turnover. The reason for all the positions is because of growth. We have had double digit growth every year we have been in business except in 2009. Just in the last 5 years we have added 2,200 new jobs.

Reply - Report abuse

Di Blake in Suwanee, Georgia

10 months ago

qb44 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I had two interviews in one day. Hours later, I was contacted to move on and they requested my references and diploma. We should I be expecting to happen next. Thanks.

May I ask, are you caucasian or minority ? I'm very curious if the practices only allow for hiring specified races as I too have applied for the last 4 years and am strategically qualified

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

zulu in Germantown, Wisconsin

10 months ago

Recruiter in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin said: We have very low turnover. The reason for all the positions is because of growth. We have had double digit growth every year we have been in business except in 2009. Just in the last 5 years we have added 2,200 new jobs.

If the growth was as great as you claim, (same job advertised for 5-6 years), their Wisconsin plant would cover 1/5 of the state.

Reply - Report abuse

Francis brandon in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Uline? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I'm a hard worker and would luv an interview

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Adubb100 in Garden Grove, California

7 months ago

awshuckerroos in Chicago, Illinois said: I am a current employee of Uline. I have been there for about 3 years. I have never heard of a department restructuring to get rid of poor employees. I can say that in the time I have worked for Uline, these 3 departments have had high turnover rates: HR , MIS and Sales.

The growth rate is very real. We will hit 1 billion in sales later on this year. They are always looking for good employees.

There is nothing wrong with wanting an employee to present a professional attitude. Uline is privately held and can do what they want. It is a good place to work. I have had 1 referral hired. If you are not afraid of working hard, this is a good place to be.

Too bad they want hire, I have 13 years of experience of working in a warehouse and a degree and they told me I don't qualify that's a bunch of crap if you are not hiring then take the post down don't tell me I don't qualify for the job.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Adubb100 in Garden Grove, California

7 months ago

3 yrs @ Uline in Costa Mesa, California said: Here is why Uline is always posting new jobs or reposting jobs... we are growing. I started 3 years ago and the company did $510 million in boxes, the next year we did $690 million in sales and last year it was $910 million in sales. We are growing and require the best from everyone and require people to actually work. As for the turnover, half the people can't hack it and quit or we let them go. The rest move on to better job and quit after gaining experience from Uline... we train the best. You are micro-managed throughout the year, but the company cares and takes care of all employees come X-mas time. Uline is not cheap come bonus time. As for the test, if you can't pass them, go back to High School. The basic 2 tests are: a speed test and basic math test. If you are looking for customer service there is a spelling and typing test- most fortune 500 make all new employees take these same test. For Mgmt positions you are going to need to take personality tests. It is really not that hard.
As for the make up of the company- it is family owned, if you can put in your time, the company will take care of you. If you come in with a chip on your shoulder or think you are above other people- you will not last. Even if you are hired into Mgmt- you are going to have to work up for the bottom. I started in Mgmt and had to do 6 months of non-mgmt work (all while being paid as a mgr). It is a take it or leave it company. But a very stable company in it for the long haul.

I have 13 years of experience and a degree can you tell me why they told me I did not qualify when I was applying for a material handler.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

To the California employee--- HI!!!
I am at corporate. 6 years with ULINE. And i also remember what was 6 years ago and i see what is now as far as a growth!! HUGE!!! SUPER!! FAST!! It is even hard to explain to other non Uline'r$.
And to the person above...well it may be strange but Uline not always hires people with experience. Yes, experience is good but it doesn't mean you will be hired. There is few other things HR is looking at if it comes to hiring. Good luck

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Adubb100 in Lake Elsinore, California

7 months ago

Then why put out requirements and I meet them all and then some.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jackw666 in milwaukee, Wisconsin

7 months ago

Anytime someone posts in favor of Uline you know they are Uline staff when they say they go for the best type of people, then have tons of growth and the people that don't like ULINE just dont like working hard.

they are all shill posts from corporate.

my interviews at uline were the worst experiences i have ever had and i have been in the workforce for many years and i have many years of experience. being interviewed by a 22 year old wearing shorts and nikes that knows nothing.

Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Anytime someone post negative comments about Uline you know it must be someone who got turned down at interview and now is saying oh how Uline is bad because they didn't hire me. Well...if i own the company i may say to my HR staff...today i want to hire people who wear green shirt. So everybody wearing green shirt will get hire.You see what i am saying??? The companies...especially private companies set their standards as who will they hire. I am not saying Uline does the' green shirt' thing. I think their hiring process is professional. I am only assuming. They hire only certain group of people and even when you have a lot of experience but on your personality test you wuold not fit to that certain group of people they would not hire you.

Reply - Report abuse

Rw90 in Lawrenceville, Georgia

7 months ago

I had 2 interviews and have done all the assessments. I was asked to give references a couple days ago. How long should it take to get a call back?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Rw90 in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: I had 2 interviews and have done all the assessments. I was asked to give references a couple days ago. How long should it take to get a call back?

About 1 week. And this is from my experience. Also it depends on the position you applied for. On. average.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Macungie, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

I have applied to this company for many years and never get an interview until the day that I got a chance to get in through a temp agency which page six or seven dollars less than the company directly paid. Seems shady

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Macungie, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

Phil in Macungie, Pennsylvania said: I have applied to this company for many years and never get an interview until the day that I got a chance to get in through a temp agency which page six or seven dollars less than the company directly paid. Seems shady

Pays*

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Charles in Irving, Texas

5 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Uline? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get incharles]

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

MsIdeal in Michigan

1 month ago

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

No! I went to a career fair at their corporate office in Milwaukee. As I sat in there waiting area with all white men, I knew I was in the wrong place. However, I waited to see one of their recruiters, who laughed or chuckled as I walk into their office. I was so baffled & troubled because I was sure my skill sets match most of their applicants. Needless to say I didn't get a job, but I did call there human resources to inform them to take off the Equal Opportunity Employment! I will not apply for any position at this company.

Reply - Report abuse

Miracle48 in Grayslake, Illinois

13 days ago

I finally have an opportunity to come work for Uline. I have tried for over 10 years to get into Uline. I know that there are two assessment tests that have to do with numbers what kind of assessment tests are they? Is one of them a sequence number assessment test? What kind of numbers tests are they and how hard are they? Can anybody help me out, so I can prepare myself. Does anybody recommend a website to go to for training? I am not the greatest and math, but I do have a lot of managerial supervisory and Lead person experience. I want this so bad, I can taste it. Then I'm reading some of the reviews and other people are saying that they had to take like 5 test what are the other test? I am in Illinois really looking forward to being a part of the Uline team.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.