FA interview wait time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Kathryn in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

A friend of mine and I applied for a flight attendant position with United about two months ago. Does anyone know about how long it could take before we hear anything about an interview? We were told it could take several months, but I'm curious to know how long other people waited. Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

31 months ago

Kathryn,
My experience is that the timeline was about two or three months from resume submission until interview.That was last summer. It maybe longer now. If you haven't already, go to the Continental or United FA forums to see what the most recent posters are saying. Good Luck to you and your friend!
:D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Thank you so much for your reply! I hope I get an interview soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Thanks for your help! Hopefully we will get asked to interview soon!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FA - Invited for an interview in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it take before you are invited for an interview for a flight attendant position. I was sent an email this past Friday the 27th from inflight recruitment, that H.R. is in the process of reviewing my resume for the position, and that there would be another email to follow, if I was invited for an interview. So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long that takes. From the time I applied online it has been 7 months since I heard anything. So if there is anyone that can offer any advice, I would appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

neci39@msn.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

I just interviewed with United for a flight attendant position yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to let us know if we are hired or not? After the first one on one interview, I was asked to go to lunch and come back later that afternoon. Then, I had a 2nd one on one and then was told that I would here back in a couple of weeks. When it was time to get on the shuttle to go back to the airport, there were about 10 others that experienced the same. So, what we want to know, DO We Have the Job. Usually, if you have the Job, they tell you that you have it the same day.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

neci39@msn.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

Kathryn in Houston, Texas said: Thanks for your help! Hopefully we will get asked to interview soon!!

Hi Kathryn, Were you one of the people that interview this week? I did yesterday in Houston.... If you got a 2nd interview, did they tell you that you had the job or did they say to wait a week or two? They told me that they will contact me within two weeks. Im hoping that is because they need to do a background check. But im a little nervous cause usually airlines inform you the same day if you got the job. What happened to you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

neci39@msn.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

FA - Invited for an interview in Tampa, Florida said: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it take before you are invited for an interview for a flight attendant position. I was sent an email this past Friday the 27th from inflight recruitment, that H.R. is in the process of reviewing my resume for the position, and that there would be another email to follow, if I was invited for an interview. So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long that takes. From the time I applied online it has been 7 months since I heard anything. So if there is anyone that can offer any advice, I would appreciate it.

Hi, my name is Denise and I jut interviewed for a flight attendant job for United yesterday in Houston.... Can you tell me what your experience was like? Did you get a 2nd interview and what did they tell you as far as what to expect? At my 2nd interview, they just said to wait a couple of weeks. Then there were about 10 others that were told the same. Please help. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

neci39@msn.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: Kathryn,
My experience is that the timeline was about two or three months from resume submission until interview.That was last summer. It maybe longer now. If you haven't already, go to the Continental or United FA forums to see what the most recent posters are saying. Good Luck to you and your friend!
:D

Hi "Flygirl"... my name is Denise and I just interviewed for a flight attendant position yesterday in Houston. A group of us got our 2nd interview and were told we will be contacted within two weeks. I want to know is this a good sign if we got the job or were we given the boot? I'm hoping it is because they need time to do a background check on us first. Did they hired you on the spot or were you told the same?
After the first one on one, I was told to go to lunch and come back. I felt good about that. But what now. Help! Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathryn in Houston, Texas

28 months ago

No I was not, but good luck! I'm sure they will contact you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cf in New York, New York

27 months ago

Anyone currently a reserve flight attendant for UAL/CAL based in EWR? Do you get a lot of flying assignments? How is the ratio between domestic and international flights? I'm thinking about applying but am worried about the money (I have student loans, otherwise, there's be no questions) I always hear that the the money is really bad, especially starting out, but then I hear there's a lot of great flying out of EWR. Since I already live 20 minutes from there, I wouldn't have to relocate so maybe the financial situation wont be as bad? I now I just threw out a lot out there but I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'm getting into before I send that application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.