United Airlines News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does United Airlines stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Ingenious Methods in Illinois

77 months ago

I just received a call from United.
They asked if I had heard/watched the news.
All interviews are cancelled.
All.
I had been successful with Spherion and was on my way to be interviewed/observed at United's HQs.

This is extremely upsetting.

What is going on?
Anyone?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

freshfacedFA in Wisconsin

77 months ago

I am so sorry to hear your news. I heard that United stopped hiring right around the time that the Delta stuff hit the fan. You can probably find out more info at the other forums. If you haven't searched around on here this is how to locate them:

Go to forums - then jobs - then flight attendants and you'll find a load of info there.

Btw: Since you were scheduled for an interview - I would assume that they will reschedule you as soon as they begin hiring again. Good luck to you and apply with others while you wait. Don't give up.

zehratx in dallas, Texas

77 months ago

Ingenious Methods in Illinois said: I just received a call from United.
All.
I had been successful with Spherion and was on my way to be interviewed/observed at United's HQs.

What is going on?
Anyone?

I have an interview with Spherion on Monday for a FA position with United. I wonder if they'll cancel my interview. Afterall what would be the point of flying to Chicago for a nonexistent position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DeDe in Zionsville, Indiana

77 months ago

Ingenious Methods in Illinois said: I just received a call from United.
All.

What is going on?
Anyone?

Hi, I was just notified today 3 weeks before I am to report to training that all training classes have been suspended. I was hired last month at HQ's after I had cleared Spherion. I'm so upset. I just quit my job, found a home for my fabulous 2 dogs, put my house up for sale and was to report to training 4/13! I waited til this week to do all of that as I was afraid the physical or something could go wrong! So upsetting. I have spent the last month terrified and excited and finally and now it's over and I am devastated. What an emotional roller coaster.

Ingenious Methods in Illinois

77 months ago

DeDe in Zionsville, Indiana said: Hi, I was just notified today 3 weeks before I am to report to training that all training classes have been suspended. I was hired last month at HQ's after I had cleared Spherion. I'm so upset. I just quit my job, found a home for my fabulous 2 dogs, put my house up for sale and was to report to training 4/13! I waited til this week to do all of that as I was afraid the physical or something could go wrong! So upsetting. I have spent the last month terrified and excited and finally and now it's over and I am devastated. What an emotional roller coaster.

OMG! DeDe, I was feeling bad for myself and then I read your post.
What a horrible thing to have happened...you gave away your doggies, your house, etc...your life as you knew it, for this to happen is simply, well, I am at a loss for words (which doesn't happen often).

I'm so sorry to hear...big hug for you!

To the rest of you who responded:
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Thanks for the advice on how to use this forum better; obviously I am new to it.

Good luck to us all.

DeDe

77 months ago

Ingenious Methods in Illinois said: OMG! DeDe, I was feeling bad for myself and then I read your post.
What a horrible thing to have happened...you gave away your doggies, your house, etc...your life as you knew it, for this to happen is simply, well, I am at a loss for words (which doesn't happen often).

I'm so sorry to hear...big hug for you!

To the rest of you who responded:
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Thanks for the advice on how to use this forum better; obviously I am new to it.

Good luck to us all.

You are so sweet! Thanks, we're all in this together. Amen to good luck to us all!!

DeDe

77 months ago

DeDe said: You are so sweet! Thanks, we're all in this together. Amen to good luck to us all!!

United is the company I want to fly for. They are stronger than many of the airlines and the people I know working there are happy after years. Yes, every airline has its fans and enemies, but as large corp's go I pick United. Hopefully this freeze will be over soon and maybe we will be training together in the fall! In the mean time remain realistic but positive! This is good practice for being on reserve! Hopefully with United adn soon!!
;)

mslizlizo in San Francisco, California

77 months ago

DeDe said: United is the company I want to fly for. They are stronger than many of the airlines and the people I know working there are happy after years. Yes, every airline has its fans and enemies, but as large corp's go I pick United. Hopefully this freeze will be over soon and maybe we will be training together in the fall! In the mean time remain realistic but positive! This is good practice for being on reserve! Hopefully with United adn soon!!
;)

DeDe
I feel so bad for you...I understand..but how can I say that I have not walk in your shoes. This has to be the lowest point in your life...but look at the bright side..god has something bigger to replace this huge lost. You just wait and see...just smile. You are going to make it..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.