What's the company culture at United Airlines?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at United Airlines?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at United Airlines?

Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Boulder, Colorado

89 months ago

Managment is/are the biggest jerks out there. The people who do their jobs everyday, like pilots, F/A, ground crews, ect know whats going on. Managment has no clue of what they are doing or where the company is going.
Just a little inside adivce.

Dress rules are strict as hell. Dont even apply if you werent cut from a cookie cutter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

harold birnbaum in Bayside, New York

86 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at United Airlines?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at United Airlines?

United corporate culture is generally mid-western and friendly. The management previously was promoted by the 'longevity' principle and were therefore unaware of anything outside of United. There are quite a few 'united families' with wife/husband, fathers/sons working in the same company. this gives them a sense of entitlement that you may not share. overall the people were not overly stimulating and the management was dull. considering United flys internationally, there was very little expertise in doing business overseas. a diverse workforce does not a global company make....My advise is to look for a company that pays its bills. United has stiffed the US taxpayer with 8billion dollars in underfunded pensions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Orange, California

86 months ago

My father worked for United for more than 25 years. They defaulted their pension just after he retired. When he died, my stepmother almost lost their house. If her sister had not moved in with her, she would be out on the street. They used to be an amazing company. That was a long time ago. They are bankrupt in more ways than one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

tara in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

i agree management is/are jerks. u work your butt off and then they take away the pay. the lower level employees make the same money they made when they first started with so many cutbacks in salary and management is study getting raises and bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.