Safety issue forcing me to quit or be "let go". Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Noreen Fraser in Charlotte, North Carolina

80 months ago

I appreciate anyone willing to give an opinion as a BIG decision has to be made today, so I know whether I should go to the office at 6am on Thursday. The decision is regarding whether I quit a job I love, be "let go" because I refuse to do something that is not within safethy guidelines, or go in and do it and just hope I don't get hurt. I submitted a report only to receive word that it wasn't a safety issue, however, I know it is. I don't know who to talke to next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Z in Parsippany, New Jersey

80 months ago

You should have contacted your union stewart or rep for guidance on how to proceed. In any instance you should contact the union and make sure they're aware of what's happening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

misspo in ImperSt Louis, Missouri

11 months ago

Noreen Fraser in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I appreciate anyone willing to give an opinion as a BIG decision has to be made today, so I know whether I should go to the office at 6am on Thursday. The decision is regarding whether I quit a job I love, be "let go" because I refuse to do something that is not within safethy guidelines, or go in and do it and just hope I don't get hurt. I submitted a report only to receive word that it wasn't a safety issue, however, I know it is. I don't know who to talke to next.

Do not get hurt for this job. Postal Service does not care. you get hurt they will harass you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen Taylor Bond in Columbus, Mississippi

7 months ago

First thing you do is PRAY, ask God for the wisdom in what to say to the one at the top of chain command and that he would please take care of this situation, because he does work everything out for your good, afterall, then thank him in advance in the name of Jesus. ...... Then, contact OSHA !!! Tell them EXACTLY what what is going on, they will instruct you, then, what to do in the right way because that's what you already have covered in your PRAYER to GOD. Plus, that's exactly why OSHA exists in the first place. Blessings, my friend, everything WILL be ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.