Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

87 months ago

I accepted the offer to.. How much are they offering there??? here in Sunrise. Its onlu 12.98 and I have a bachelors degree... :-( But I guess. Since you can work from home.. It will pay off and they have hella overtime during peak season.. Did they give you an option for Flex hours or Flex Week.. I picked Flex Hours.. I didnt like the idea of being off 8-16 weeks with out pay and I will still have to pay me benefits.. But you are still considered full.. I just rater to have reg schedule.. So i selected Flex hours instead.. Work from home in 90 days.. 2 people I know does it and they like it.. Just wished they paid more

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

melisa in Barrington, Illinois

87 months ago

drewl4646 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I accepted a position with United Health and am waiting to go through the background check. Does anyone know if poor credit will affect the offer?

Did you get it? How was the background check?

Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in Maricopa, Arizona

56 months ago

drewl4646 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I accepted a position with United Health and am waiting to go through the background check. Does anyone know if poor credit will affect the offer?

Did you get it?

Reply - Report abuse

taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota

51 months ago

Don't worry too much if at all, as it's dependent upon the position you were offered. If you deal with financial transactions or are in a business segment that does, then it'd be considered but still NOT a show stopper. So just pass the standard 9 panel urine test, have a clean criminal history (or be able to explain your baddies) and let your personality shine. There are too many UHG employees on this board complaining about this and that, but in the end, what are you asking for and what are you doing to make it happen? If you're unhappy guys, the door swings both ways. UHG is currently ranked as a Fortune 17 and I can tell you I'm proud to say I work there alongside the best. I wanted it that way; so I put in the work. Now, another 40 years and I can retire happily as that's how solid multi-billion dollar companies are. Best benefits for a lifetime with ENDLESS growth opportunities.

Reply - Report abuse

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia

51 months ago

Taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Don't worry too much if at all, as it's dependent upon the position you were offered. If you deal with financial transactions or are in a business segment that does, then it'd be considered but still NOT a show stopper. So just pass the standard 9 panel urine test, have a clean criminal history (or be able to explain your baddies) and let your personality shine. There are too many UHG employees on this board complaining about this and that, but in the end, what are you asking for and what are you doing to make it happen? If you're unhappy guys, the door swings both ways. UHG is currently ranked as a Fortune 17 and I can tell you I'm proud to say I work there alongside the best. I wanted it that way; so I put in the work. Now, another 40 years and I can retire happily as that's how solid multi-billion dollar companies are. Best benefits for a lifetime with ENDLESS growth opportunities.

Hey do you know how far they go back on criminal background checks?

Reply - Report abuse

taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota

51 months ago

Not exactly sure but they definitely use Consumer Report. (Verification Inc. for education/acedemics and criminal history checks)

For the drug test, eScreen Inc. is used, urination test (standard 9 panel) and is an partner alliance to Verification Inc. So I would make an anonymous/generic call to Verification Inc. and ask them if happen how far back they go.

My site is so awesome, I was told that blemishes just need explaining!

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia said: Hey do you know how far they go back on criminal background checks?

Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Not exactly sure but they definitely use Consumer Report. (Verification Inc. for education/acedemics and criminal history checks)

For the drug test, eScreen Inc. is used, urination test (standard 9 panel) and is an partner alliance to Verification Inc. So I would make an anonymous/generic call to Verification Inc. and ask them if happen how far back they go.

My site is so awesome, I was told that blemishes just need explaining!

Oh ok. Thanks. I got an offer and is waiting to start. I have a friend that want to apply. She have misdemeanors that is over seven years. I told her she would be ok if I passed:)

Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia said: Oh ok. Thanks. I got an offer and is waiting to start. I have a friend that want to apply. She have misdemeanors that is over seven years. I told her she would be ok if I passed:)

Hey I just looked up the website and it says sevens years. You are awesome!

Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Cleveland, Ohio

43 months ago

Just accepted an offer this past Thursday, 2/13/14. Received the offer letter email and other info. I filled out the information they asked for so they could begin the background check and drug screen. Any idea on what they look for and inquire about during the background check? Thanks!

Reply - Report abuse

Brianna in Deerfield, New Hampshire

24 months ago

I first applied for a customer service advocate position back in July (2015). A week later I was emailed two assessments to take, and once completed it said that if I was selected to move on I would be called for a phone interview. About a week later I got a call to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview had standard questions about past experience, and questions about myself personally. Immediately after the conversation she told me she wanted to set up an in person interview. The next week I had the in person interview, which was a little more in depth. I was interviewed by two people both from HR. They were very nice, and basically gave me the run down of the position, and asked a couple more questions, nothing too major. They told me I would hear back within a couple of days. I was pleasantly surprised as I interviewed on a Thursday, and got my verbal offer the next day on Friday. The offer is contingent on a 9 panel drug test, and also a background check. I was emailed the next week all the information to set up my drug test, along with my background check. The background check is the worst part because it takes a long time. Finally 4 weeks late I received an email saying that I passed my pre-employment screening, and was officially hired. The email had my start date, and said my department manager would be in touch with me regarding anything else that I need to know. It also said that depending on the position the offer may still be contingent on employment verification, and school verification.
It has been a week, and I haven't heard anything back yet, but my start date is in two weeks so I am sure I'll hear back soon!
Good luck everyone! :)

Reply - Report abuse

Susan in East Hartford, Connecticut

23 months ago

I applied for the claims adjuster position and I just took the assessment test however I'm not quite sure how I did so I am freaking out. Specially about the few video questions. The right and wrong answers were tricky probably because I was nervous. Do you know how long it will take before I find out if I can move on to the next step?

Reply - Report abuse

Lindy in Las Vegas, Nevada

21 months ago

I really want to work for UHC..just had two assessment test but no human interaction,can anyone shed some light on the process? I would any help.

Reply - Report abuse

ExcitedOne

20 months ago

The hiring process took about a full month. I was sent two assessments to complete. Had a phone interview with recruiter. Maybe 2 weeks later the hiring manager called me out the blue and we had our interview. Two weeks later, I was offered the job. Just completed my drug screening. Im assuming it all depends on how professional your recruiter is, and the department you are applying for. I had a great communication line with both recruiter and hiring manager. Dont get discouraged if you havent heard anything within two weeks. Keep applying!

Reply - Report abuse

Not a Robot in Chicago, Illinois

19 months ago

They don't check credit. Local, State and federal criminal databases, sex offender registry, degree and employment verification. If you have parking or speeding tickets, nothing to worry about. Just put the correct dates.

Reply - Report abuse

Kell 4/29/2016 in Stockbridge, Georgia

17 months ago

I applied for a Customer Service position in Georgia I would like to know if United Healthcare Group if they do a credit check? I know they check your work history, criminal and extensive drug test and required references which is fine for me but the credit check is what I wonder about have anyone in Ga already went thru or just started in Ga do you know if they do a credit check???

Reply - Report abuse

Kell in Stockbridge, Georgia

16 months ago

Update on my status...I received 2 assessment tests (part 1) Behavioral and video reviewing on what would you do you have to choose the best and the worst (part 2) was scenarios and data entry and about 5 minutes later I got a email saying that the assessments were completed and that my test scores will be reviewed by H.R I guess my next step is a phone interview.

Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Greensboro, North Carolina

15 months ago

My interview is next week for nurse line position. I wonder will there be any tests during the interview, like typing, or data entry? Any advice will be more than welcome. Thanks.

Reply - Report abuse

SASA in Providence, Rhode Island

15 months ago

Hey. Did anything happen after that?? Im on that step now.

Kell in Stockbridge, Georgia said: Update on my status...I received 2 assessment tests (part 1) Behavioral and video reviewing on what would you do you have to choose the best and the worst (part 2) was scenarios and data entry and about 5 minutes later I got a email saying that the assessments were completed and that my test scores will be reviewed by H.R I guess my next step is a phone interview.

Reply - Report abuse

JTjobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

12 months ago

Hello I have recently received an offer from United Health as a Customer Service Rep. I now have to do my background and drug screening. I have a summary of retail theft on my background that was filed in 2016. Would this be a problem?

Reply - Report abuse

TP in La Crosse, Wisconsin

12 months ago

I am hoping someone can shed a little light on the hiring situation for me.

A couple of weeks ago I was given a offer for employment through UHG. I thoroughly completed the application, did the assessments, interviewed and submitted to both the drug and background checks. I am supposed to start next Monday (9/12) and I have been told I still haven't cleared my background check. I obviously am very concerned that my offer may be rescinded because they haven't received anything regarding my background criminal check.

From what I understand, the process in completing the background check is 10-14 days. I am in that period. Has anybody else went through a similar situation like mine. I do totally understand that UHG has to follow procedure and I am not mad at them....I guess it is my nerves kicking in. If my job offer ends up being rescinded because a bureau or agency failed to reply, I will be beyond disappointed.

Reply - Report abuse

Th in Memphis, Tennessee

11 months ago

I applied for the claims adjuster position as well work from home. I had my first interview today and I was told that she would forward my info to the hiring manager. Is this a good thing? Also what will the hiring manager discuss with me? Will it be a formal offer?

Susan in East Hartford, Connecticut said: I applied for the claims adjuster position and I just took the assessment test however I'm not quite sure how I did so I am freaking out. Specially about the few video questions. The right and wrong answers were tricky probably because I was nervous. Do you know how long it will take before I find out if I can move on to the next step?

Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Aliso Viejo, California

10 months ago

Hi

I am actually in the same position as you. Have you heard anything back? I received my verbal offer almost a month ago and was supposed to start last week. My recruiter pushed my start date to next week and I'm starting to have anxiety. I called first advantage today and they said my screening was still in process. Very frustrating. I used to have security clearance in my previous position so I can't see why I would have any real issues but I can not comprehend what is taking so long.

TP in La Crosse, Wisconsin said: I am hoping someone can shed a little light on the hiring situation for me.

A couple of weeks ago I was given a offer for employment through UHG. I thoroughly completed the application, did the assessments, interviewed and submitted to both the drug and background checks. I am supposed to start next Monday (9/12) and I have been told I still haven't cleared my background check. I obviously am very concerned that my offer may be rescinded because they haven't received anything regarding my background criminal check.

From what I understand, the process in completing the background check is 10-14 days. I am in that period. Has anybody else went through a similar situation like mine. I do totally understand that UHG has to follow procedure and I am not mad at them....I guess it is my nerves kicking in. If my job offer ends up being rescinded because a bureau or agency failed to reply, I will be beyond disappointed.

Reply - Report abuse

trimedu in Fort Worth, Texas

10 months ago

Lee in Aliso Viejo, California said: Hi

I am actually in the same position as you. Have you heard anything back? I received my verbal offer almost a month ago and was supposed to start last week. My recruiter pushed my start date to next week and I'm starting to have anxiety. I called first advantage today and they said my screening was still in process. Very frustrating. I used to have security clearance in my previous position so I can't see why I would have any real issues but I can not comprehend what is taking so long.

Did you ever hear anything back from them? My start date is 11/14 and I'm on day 10 of my background check. I have a misdemeanor from 2000 for driving with a suspended license. I am totally freaking out right now. I didn't initially report it because I forgot about it. The person that they said is my contact person hasn't responded to email or voicemail I left. I also have another job offer from the state. I don't want to turn it down being in limbo.

Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Memphis, Tennessee

10 months ago

I am set to start 11/14 as well. I spoke to First Advantage and today is the 9th day fir me, mine isn't back yet either. My record is clean but I was worried that it wouldn't be back in time enough for Training. I spoke to my recruiter, he told me everything was all good and that it would be back before class also that they already have an Employee id number for me. That made me feel better.I hope this helps.

trimedu in Fort Worth, Texas said: Did you ever hear anything back from them? My start date is 11/14 and I'm on day 10 of my background check. I have a misdemeanor from 2000 for driving with a suspended license. I am totally freaking out right now. I didn't initially report it because I forgot about it. The person that they said is my contact person hasn't responded to email or voicemail I left. I also have another job offer from the state. I don't want to turn it down being in limbo.

Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

Tee in Memphis, Tennessee said: I am set to start 11/14 as well. I spoke to First Advantage and today is the 9th day fir me, mine isn't back yet either. My record is clean but I was worried that it wouldn't be back in time enough for Training. I spoke to my recruiter, he told me everything was all good and that it would be back before class also that they already have an Employee id number for me. That made me feel better.I hope this helps.

How do you get their information to call? I've never had a problem with my background for any job I've had. i was told traffic violations usually don't matter unless its a dui or something. and that wasn't the case for me? What area are you in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Memphis, Tennessee

10 months ago

I called/emailed my recruiter and he called me back.

Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

okay. Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Laguna Niguel, California

10 months ago

My recruiter sent me an email to tell me that my background has not cleared yet and has pushed my start date for another few days. I would hope that they put some pressure on first advantage but I don't know if they do. It's taken about a month at this point...

Lee in Aliso Viejo, California said: Hi

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Laguna Niguel, California

10 months ago

Also I'm in the regulatory compliance and audit dept.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Trimedu in Keller, Texas

10 months ago

Oh wow!!! I would totally be frustrated. I emailed and called her last week with no response. So I called her again this morning and she answered. She said my background came back clear and I should be getting an all clear letter today or tomorrow. I'm a little relieved. But I want to wait for official confirmation before getting too excited.

And I'm a nurse consultant.

Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Las Vegas, Nevada

10 months ago

I am rather anxious about the assessment testing. I've heard that some people don't pass. What type of right/best & worst scenario questions are they asking? Are the tests different depending on the positon? Any response is appreciated. Thanking you in advance

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Day in Phoenix, Arizona

9 months ago

Applied took two assessment test, three days later had a phn interview two days later I had a face to face interview..Haven't heard nothing yet it has been almost a week since I had my face to face interview.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Hospicecm in Pennsylvania

8 months ago

I had a video interview that I feel that I totally bombed . I have had no contact since , so I am guessing I am no longer being considered ( 2 weeks ago now) . My question is , when you look at the role page all of my submissions say completed. What exactly does this mean?

Reply - Report abuse

Taz from nc

8 months ago

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia said: Hey I just looked up the website and it says sevens years. You are awesome!

Hi what email do you look up to see how far they go back on the background test?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Greensboro, North Carolina

8 months ago

I applied for Customer Service Advocate in October and was turned down due to my qualifications didn't match. I applied a couple of weeks ago for Customer Service Openings and I was matched to the Customer Service Advocate position, assigned a requisition number, had to invest in a webcam (which I didn't know how to use, my digital video came out with me looking to the side all the time!) and now I check on my application and it says "withdrawn" from Customer Service Openings the same day I did the video. What does this mean? I tried to call the HR direct number and asked, and got a dodo bird who didn't even answer the phone with the company name in "Recruitment"and didn't know anything, and kept stumbling and stammering and saying "uh...uh...uh!" What does this mean, they matched me to the same position they previously turned me down for and then withdrew my application? I haven't gotten any email yet that I wasn't being considered. If I don't hear anything by next Tuesday then I will try their chat with a recruiter function on their website on Tuesday and see if I can get any answers that way. Does anyone know what the pay would be for someone with over ten years customer service experience? One problem is that most of the places I have worked have closed down and my high school and first college aren't shown in Taleo's list of schools. I had a heck of a time even getting my resume with my schooling to go through.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

JazzyM in Clearwater, Florida

8 months ago

Day in Phoenix, Arizona said: Applied took two assessment test, three days later had a phn interview two days later I had a face to face interview..Haven't heard nothing yet it has been almost a week since I had my face to face interview.

What type of questions did they ask you in the phone interview? I have one on Monday, for a medical records downloader.

Reply - Report abuse

Mzpoo07 in Garland, Texas

7 months ago

For the Claims Adjustment Representative position, is it normal to have to have 3 seperate interviews. I first had a brief interview by phone with a recruiter who passed me onto a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. After that a day later I was invited to meet with 2 more supervisors for a final interview. I havent had my final interview yet. Its scheduled for 2/14 but Im wondering is this normal and what type of questions should I expect from them? Any advice?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Minneapolis, Minnesota

7 months ago

I had 4 I think. It is to make sure you get along with your team.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

I am in legal and regulatory though.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Hospicecm in Pennsylvania said: I had a video interview that I feel that I totally bombed . I have had no contact since , so I am guessing I am no longer being considered ( 2 weeks ago now) . My question is , when you look at the role page all of my submissions say completed. What exactly does this mean?

I would keep trying. I interviewed for at least 4 different positions before getting hired. The hirevue takes some getting used to for sure.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Trimedu in Keller, Texas said: Oh wow!!! I would totally be frustrated. I emailed and called her last week with no response. So I called her again this morning and she answered. She said my background came back clear and I should be getting an all clear letter today or tomorrow. I'm a little relieved. But I want to wait for official confirmation before getting too excited.

And I'm a nurse consultant .

Just as an update my background cleared and I have been working here for 3 months. Took forever though!

Reply - Report abuse

curiouscase in Rockville, Maryland

6 months ago

Lee in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Just as an update my background cleared and I have been working here for 3 months. Took forever though![/QU

How was the background check - employment was done?

Reply - Report abuse

Mom in Nc in Greensboro, North Carolina

5 months ago

Anyone can tell me how the hiring manager interview will go ? I applied and I don't know what to expect this is my second interview

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ashuhhleee in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Mom in Nc in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Anyone can tell me how the hiring manager interview will go ? I applied and I don't know what to expect this is my second interview

What position did you apply for? I had an interview with hiring manager...she asked questions about behavioral and situational scenarios. She also wanted to know if you are computer savvy etc.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

LeeApplies2017 in Avondale Estates, Georgia

4 months ago

Th in Memphis, Tennessee said: I applied for the claims adjuster position as well work from home. I had my first interview today and I was told that she would forward my info to the hiring manager. Is this a good thing? Also what will the hiring manager discuss with me? Will it be a formal offer?

Did you ever get the interview by the hiring manager? Did you get the job?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cherry in Tyler, Texas

4 months ago

Very easy interview and quick for me.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.