Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

73 months ago

I accepted the offer to.. How much are they offering there??? here in Sunrise. Its onlu 12.98 and I have a bachelors degree... :-( But I guess. Since you can work from home.. It will pay off and they have hella overtime during peak season.. Did they give you an option for Flex hours or Flex Week.. I picked Flex Hours.. I didnt like the idea of being off 8-16 weeks with out pay and I will still have to pay me benefits.. But you are still considered full.. I just rater to have reg schedule.. So i selected Flex hours instead.. Work from home in 90 days.. 2 people I know does it and they like it.. Just wished they paid more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

melisa in Barrington, Illinois

72 months ago

drewl4646 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I accepted a position with United Health and am waiting to go through the background check. Does anyone know if poor credit will affect the offer?

Did you get it? How was the background check?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Anxious in Maricopa, Arizona

42 months ago

drewl4646 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I accepted a position with United Health and am waiting to go through the background check. Does anyone know if poor credit will affect the offer?

Did you get it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota

37 months ago

Don't worry too much if at all, as it's dependent upon the position you were offered. If you deal with financial transactions or are in a business segment that does, then it'd be considered but still NOT a show stopper. So just pass the standard 9 panel urine test, have a clean criminal history (or be able to explain your baddies) and let your personality shine. There are too many UHG employees on this board complaining about this and that, but in the end, what are you asking for and what are you doing to make it happen? If you're unhappy guys, the door swings both ways. UHG is currently ranked as a Fortune 17 and I can tell you I'm proud to say I work there alongside the best. I wanted it that way; so I put in the work. Now, another 40 years and I can retire happily as that's how solid multi-billion dollar companies are. Best benefits for a lifetime with ENDLESS growth opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia

37 months ago

Taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Don't worry too much if at all, as it's dependent upon the position you were offered. If you deal with financial transactions or are in a business segment that does, then it'd be considered but still NOT a show stopper. So just pass the standard 9 panel urine test, have a clean criminal history (or be able to explain your baddies) and let your personality shine. There are too many UHG employees on this board complaining about this and that, but in the end, what are you asking for and what are you doing to make it happen? If you're unhappy guys, the door swings both ways. UHG is currently ranked as a Fortune 17 and I can tell you I'm proud to say I work there alongside the best. I wanted it that way; so I put in the work. Now, another 40 years and I can retire happily as that's how solid multi-billion dollar companies are. Best benefits for a lifetime with ENDLESS growth opportunities.

Hey do you know how far they go back on criminal background checks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota

37 months ago

Not exactly sure but they definitely use Consumer Report. (Verification Inc. for education/acedemics and criminal history checks)

For the drug test, eScreen Inc. is used, urination test (standard 9 panel) and is an partner alliance to Verification Inc. So I would make an anonymous/generic call to Verification Inc. and ask them if happen how far back they go.

My site is so awesome, I was told that blemishes just need explaining!

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia said: Hey do you know how far they go back on criminal background checks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Taemin in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Not exactly sure but they definitely use Consumer Report. (Verification Inc. for education/acedemics and criminal history checks)

For the drug test, eScreen Inc. is used, urination test (standard 9 panel) and is an partner alliance to Verification Inc. So I would make an anonymous/generic call to Verification Inc. and ask them if happen how far back they go.

My site is so awesome, I was told that blemishes just need explaining!

Oh ok. Thanks. I got an offer and is waiting to start. I have a friend that want to apply. She have misdemeanors that is over seven years. I told her she would be ok if I passed:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Bigva in Roanoke, Virginia said: Oh ok. Thanks. I got an offer and is waiting to start. I have a friend that want to apply. She have misdemeanors that is over seven years. I told her she would be ok if I passed:)

Hey I just looked up the website and it says sevens years. You are awesome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Cleveland, Ohio

29 months ago

Just accepted an offer this past Thursday, 2/13/14. Received the offer letter email and other info. I filled out the information they asked for so they could begin the background check and drug screen. Any idea on what they look for and inquire about during the background check? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brianna in Deerfield, New Hampshire

9 months ago

I first applied for a customer service advocate position back in July (2015). A week later I was emailed two assessments to take, and once completed it said that if I was selected to move on I would be called for a phone interview. About a week later I got a call to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview had standard questions about past experience, and questions about myself personally. Immediately after the conversation she told me she wanted to set up an in person interview. The next week I had the in person interview, which was a little more in depth. I was interviewed by two people both from HR. They were very nice, and basically gave me the run down of the position, and asked a couple more questions, nothing too major. They told me I would hear back within a couple of days. I was pleasantly surprised as I interviewed on a Thursday, and got my verbal offer the next day on Friday. The offer is contingent on a 9 panel drug test, and also a background check. I was emailed the next week all the information to set up my drug test, along with my background check. The background check is the worst part because it takes a long time. Finally 4 weeks late I received an email saying that I passed my pre-employment screening, and was officially hired. The email had my start date, and said my department manager would be in touch with me regarding anything else that I need to know. It also said that depending on the position the offer may still be contingent on employment verification, and school verification.
It has been a week, and I haven't heard anything back yet, but my start date is in two weeks so I am sure I'll hear back soon!
Good luck everyone! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in East Hartford, Connecticut

9 months ago

I applied for the claims adjuster position and I just took the assessment test however I'm not quite sure how I did so I am freaking out. Specially about the few video questions. The right and wrong answers were tricky probably because I was nervous. Do you know how long it will take before I find out if I can move on to the next step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lindy in Las Vegas, Nevada

7 months ago

I really want to work for UHC..just had two assessment test but no human interaction,can anyone shed some light on the process? I would any help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ExcitedOne

5 months ago

The hiring process took about a full month. I was sent two assessments to complete. Had a phone interview with recruiter. Maybe 2 weeks later the hiring manager called me out the blue and we had our interview. Two weeks later, I was offered the job. Just completed my drug screening. Im assuming it all depends on how professional your recruiter is, and the department you are applying for. I had a great communication line with both recruiter and hiring manager. Dont get discouraged if you havent heard anything within two weeks. Keep applying!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not a Robot in Chicago, Illinois

4 months ago

They don't check credit. Local, State and federal criminal databases, sex offender registry, degree and employment verification. If you have parking or speeding tickets, nothing to worry about. Just put the correct dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kell 4/29/2016 in Stockbridge, Georgia

2 months ago

I applied for a Customer Service position in Georgia I would like to know if United Healthcare Group if they do a credit check? I know they check your work history, criminal and extensive drug test and required references which is fine for me but the credit check is what I wonder about have anyone in Ga already went thru or just started in Ga do you know if they do a credit check???

Kell in Stockbridge, Georgia

2 months ago

Update on my status...I received 2 assessment tests (part 1) Behavioral and video reviewing on what would you do you have to choose the best and the worst (part 2) was scenarios and data entry and about 5 minutes later I got a email saying that the assessments were completed and that my test scores will be reviewed by H.R I guess my next step is a phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Greensboro, North Carolina

1 month ago

My interview is next week for nurse line position. I wonder will there be any tests during the interview, like typing, or data entry? Any advice will be more than welcome. Thanks.

SASA in Providence, Rhode Island

1 month ago

Hey. Did anything happen after that?? Im on that step now.

Kell in Stockbridge, Georgia said: Update on my status...I received 2 assessment tests (part 1) Behavioral and video reviewing on what would you do you have to choose the best and the worst (part 2) was scenarios and data entry and about 5 minutes later I got a email saying that the assessments were completed and that my test scores will be reviewed by H.R I guess my next step is a phone interview.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.