United Health Care

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 200)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Jennifer in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

mamaq in Albany, New York said: ROFL--who'd want to work for a company where their chosen shill can't even spell? Excuse me, "Greater Than..." but the word is FOLLICLE not FOLLICULE.

Wow, you are so smart; do you get paid to be a virtual spell check? I didn't realize that correcting a strangers spelling was an actual job, you must get paid a lot of money. Do not correct someone's spelling, that is very rude and uncalled for, and honestly, who would want to hire YOU as an employee? I wouldn't want you in my office with an obvious lack of respect and bad attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

MaryAnneinFl in Orlando, Florida

28 months ago

Jennifer in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Wow, you are so smart; do you get paid to be a virtual spell check? I didn't realize that correcting a strangers spelling was an actual job, you must get paid a lot of money. Do not correct someone's spelling, that is very rude and uncalled for, and honestly, who would want to hire YOU as an employee? I wouldn't want you in my office with an obvious lack of respect and bad attitude.

get over yourself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mkm1222 in Tampa, Florida

28 months ago

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida said: Humana Pays 30,000 and pay for you to get your license, But I dont think I want to sell insurance outbound to anyone.

Do not believe the hype with Humana. I am employed there and everyone hates it..trust me. I am starting a new position with united health group because of the pay with my B.S. Humana is number 70 on the top 500 fortune companies and UHG is 22...big difference!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

call center SS in Tampa, Florida

27 months ago

I worked many years at the call center for United Healthcare. This company should not be allowed to abuse their employees as they do. They say they pay you $12.50 per hour, NO NO you get paid by the second at UHC. You have a very high pitch TOO TOO sound in your ear every 2 minutes or so as every call RINGS, I have lost a lot of hearing working there. You speak non stop, you actually have to be yelling as most customers are old. If someone calls with a dog barking, the caller is chewing gum, or a baby is crying, your manager will force you to keep listening... This is NOT a company I would work for again. They truly treated us as if our ears and throats were made of stone. You will receive an annual "Employee Survey" this is nothing but a public relations scheme. They will not give you better headsets, lower the tone levels of the calls or do anything of importance to the health of the employees. Ironically of course, UHC offers you health insurance as an employee benefit. The only reason I write this is because these abuses continue today. They need to be known so they can be stopped someday. Oh, something else, any complaints to your manager do not count at all. He or She is a paid employee just as you. All upper management use "do not reply" emails and you won't even meet them in your life.
Good Luck on your job hunt and do not loose your ears and throats for $12.50 an hour. It will cause you a lot more later when your do not work for UHC and therefore do not have health insurance.
May God bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Peaches54 in Worcester, Massachusetts

26 months ago

I came across this forum by accident. I read some of your comments and God Bless all of you who still have to work at UHC. I myself came from AZ and had heard rumors about working at this company, but, I ignored what I had heard and still took an upper management level position thinking that being on the east coast, I would escape what I had heard. I was wrong. I love what I do and I have been in Network Management for 20+ yrs. What happened to me at this company is indescribable. It was like working with a bunch of high school kids and being stabbed in the back continuously, day after day while just trying to do a good job. My manager was the most unprofessional person in the department. There was never any project completed, she was never accessible to me or the other employees in the department, and any free time she did get was spent gossiping about unrelated work issues. The turnover was tremendous; 6 people out of 14 in one year. The stress was unbelievable and what should have been a wonderful, fun place to work, turned out to be dark and dismal. The sad thing about it was that upper management knew what was going on and did nothing about it. Just as they know about this forum…UHC knows their employees are not happy. UHC has a Code of Ethics, but they are only words on paper; they do not follow them. If you are not happy at UHC, get out. Do not let them ruin your spirit. It is not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

this n that in Mechanicsville, Virginia

26 months ago

Glad to be unemployed in oldsmar, Florida said: Yes it happens in Oldsmar's office as well. I hear now that they even have to log in and log out and notify their supervisors whenever they even run to the bathroom!!! I am so glad to be out of that 'Prison Camp'!! It seems that UHC is also causing those employees that are still their stress, as one SME put it when I spoke to her last week!!

UHG got in big trouble a year ago about their requirement that employees log in to their multitude of systems before their shifts. They also require their reps to stay on a call with an outsourced caller (say from India) calling about claims for as many claims as the caller has. Doesn't matter if you have to get the kids from daycare, you miss lunch, they don't care, nor do they pay OT that results from it. They give you a longer lunch the next day, etc. Whatever is convienent for them. The employee is the last consideration in the equation. Change your job task, and if you don't immediately get it they will throw you out the door. Loan you to another team for a year and then wonder why you don't remember your old job a year later.

UHC used to be ok, but they are too busy changing things constantly to attain any level of consistency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

this n that in Temple Hills, Maryland

26 months ago

Uhc at one time was a really good place to work, but with all of uhc's mergers, they are the big bully who ares more about looking good rather than being good. Many of the senior execs that were there left because the company isn't somewhere they wanted to remain. I can't blame them, its all about $ instead of patient care and that makes everyone's job overly stressful, and tense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Green Bay, Wisconsin

26 months ago

I started following this forum after resigning from UHC almost two years ago in order to get some perspective on what happened to me personally. I worked there for three years in claims adjustments after the company I worked for 15 years, AMS, was taken ovber by UHC. So I know the differences due to having experienced the same physical workplace before and after UHC. And I had the telecommuting arrangement that people want so badly in this space (be areful what you wish for) so I have some other conclusions about UHC that may be helpful to somebody considering working there. I noticed they're still always hiring. Why is that I wonder?
Anyway, I believe it all hinges on the two types of entries in this space. Person Type A says:
“What happened to me at this company is indescribable. .The stress was unbelievable and what should have been a wonderful, fun place to work, turned out to be dark and dismal...UHC has a Code of Ethics, but they are only words on paper; they do not follow them. If you are not happy at UHC, get out. Do not let them ruin your spirit. It is not worth it.”
Person Type B says:
“I have a very different experience here than most are stating. I LOVED working with UnitedHealth Group. I have worked for them twice and I am hoping to come back. These positions are not for everyone... You also have to know what you are doing and have analytical skills, if you don't, you will not succeed.”
How can they have such different experiences? It's easy to chalk it up to working in different UHC locations, and that may have something to do with it. But, in my experience, it's more about the personality of the individual that's writing the entry.
Person A is probably the more senstive type with a high degree of ethics that they can't totally put aside for the sake of a paycheck. They aren't gonna take an indefinite amount of abuse from suckup managers, supervisors and SME's that they don't believe are as proficient as they are either. (cont'd)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Green Bay, Wisconsin

26 months ago

...Person B (you guessed it) is that suckup who is willing to take a lot of guff and put aside any small amount of ethics that they may have in order to get paid. Or they may really be Person A with a family to feed and they stay for that reason only and are miserable.
To bottom line it for prospective UHC new hires, in order to survive, you need 1. excellent computer chops because the system is challenging at best and they're always throwing new macros and such at you as well as new duties, and 2 you have to be Person B.
If you aren't totally with the program like Person B is, there's a Corporate Social Darwinism at work there that is going to weed you out by making you so mad or disgusted with yourself and the whole situation that you will probably quit or be put on “corrective action” which puts you on the slippery slope out the door. So before you go through the whole hiring rigamarole tha they put you through, ask yourself which person you are and proceed from there. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ss UHC like the Nazis in Tampa, Florida

26 months ago

Yes, all those supervisors always tell you "If you have any questions ask me" then they ask you to call the SME and he/she tells you "you should resolve this issue" In others words, you are on your own. UHC exploits people to the limit. Managers only follow orders and if they could they would put a gun on your head to make you work more "efficiently" as they call it so they can make their bonus. If you are a manager please do not say great things about this company, you are only contributing to this abuse (in addition to what you already doing against human beings at the job site). Turn over is 99%, I feel sorry for the members that call asking their issues be resolved, but everyone answering is new so therefore no one can really help them. God bless you in your job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Pat in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: ...Person B (you guessed it) is that suckup who is willing to take a lot of guff and put aside any small amount of ethics that they may have in order to get paid. Or they may really be Person A with a family to feed and they stay for that reason only and are miserable.
To bottom line it for prospective UHC new hires, in order to survive, you need 1. excellent computer chops because the system is challenging at best and they're always throwing new macros and such at you as well as new duties, and 2 you have to be Person B.
If you aren't totally with the program like Person B is, there's a Corporate Social Darwinism at work there that is going to weed you out by making you so mad or disgusted with yourself and the whole situation that you will probably quit or be put on “corrective action” which puts you on the slippery slope out the door. So before you go through the whole hiring rigamarole tha they put you through, ask yourself which person you are and proceed from there. Hope that helps.

You can place any one of us in any category you want. I was in Sr. Management and I am telling you what it was like because I lived it. I have been in this business over 20 yrs, have all of analytical skills, was a master at Emptoris and I left the company with my morals and ethics intact. If you like working there, all the more power to you; hopefully God will watch over you and your character will be not be destroyed as you become one of them again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chanook in Glencoe, Missouri

26 months ago

I just quit UHC in St. Louis after only working there for a few months. It is an absolutely horrible place to work. The people in the training class I was in were loud, profane, rude and totally unprofessional. It was so nasty in my class roaches were everywhere and the room had to be sprayed for bugs on two occasions - I kid you not. On another occasion human feces was found in the hallways outside the classroom (the restrooms were just a few feet away from the door to he training class.) The computer systems we were training on would constantly crash and were not seamless at all. The people training the classes did not themselves seem to had adequate training on these systems. I finally quit after one of the trainers began to target me after I reported that a trainee who he had the hots for routinely insulted me. (I was the only one in the class over 40, Many of her comments were aimed at my age.)

Rather than look into these deficiencies the trainers, well away that I had complained about these conditions and their own shortcomings - suddenly became hyper critical of my work. (On one occasion they even insisted that I call back a provider and give her information that she insisted that she neither needed or wanted - twice!) I now know why people are being hired at such a high rate - there must be a lot of people leaving with conditions such as these. Most unprofessional place I have worked in my 40+ years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DONOTAPPLY in Davenport, Iowa

25 months ago

I applied about six months ago. I completed the testing, interviews, background and drug screen. I get a call telling me that the class is full and that I am a backup. They tell me that I could get a call THE DAY THE CLASS STARTS if someone fails out of background or does not show up. I get a call that day that everyone was there and I would not be in that class. I was told that I would be in the next class. Five months later I see a posting for another class. I apply and I test and tell them that I have already passed background and all that about six months ago (TO THE DAY). They tell me that I have to complete the background again (no biggie). I complete the testing, interviews, background and drug screen again. I get a call that the class is full and that I am a back up.....AGAIN. I have tested, interviewed, did background and drug screen TWICE for nothing. I suggest that you go somewhere else and find a job. This place is not worth the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Consider yourself lucky. UHC is a horrible, horrible, horrible...did I say horrible place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lifesbestwork in Plymouth, Minnesota

25 months ago

Hi All,
I see many of you have issues or questions about careers at UnitedHealth Group. Please visit our website at careers.unitedhealthgroup to learn more. Did you know? You can talk directly with our recruiters via online recruiter chat at bit.ly/recruiterchat. This gives you the best chance to talk to recruiters about questions or comments you have regarding working for UnitedHealth Group. For those that have interal questions or have worked for us in the past we invite you to call HR direct from 7 AM to 7PM, Monday-Friday to talk to a HR Rep. To find the number visi our website and click on my profile, at the bottom of the screen you will see the number! Thanks everyone for your interest in UnitedHealth Group! Join UnitedHealth Group to start doing Your Life's Best Work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Lifesbestwork in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Hi All,
I see many of you have issues or questions about careers at UnitedHealth Group. Please visit our website at careers.unitedhealthgroup to learn more. Did you know? You can talk directly with our recruiters via online recruiter chat at bit.ly/recruiterchat . This gives you the best chance to talk to recruiters about questions or comments you have regarding working for UnitedHealth Group. For those that have interal questions or have worked for us in the past we invite you to call HR direct from 7 AM to 7PM, Monday-Friday to talk to a HR Rep. To find the number visi our website and click on my profile, at the bottom of the screen you will see the number! Thanks everyone for your interest in UnitedHealth Group! Join UnitedHealth Group to start doing Your Life's Best Work!

As a "former" employee of United Healthcare I sought the help of HR Direct, the Ethics and Compliance Department, and Senior Management when I was employed at this lovely company...no one helped me...So thank you for your "invitation" to "visit" your website and contact UnitedHealth Group. I would rather jump off a bridge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Peaches54 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: As a "former" employee of United Healthcare I sought the help of HR Direct, the Ethics and Compliance Department, and Senior Management when I was employed at this lovely company...no one helped me...So thank you for your "invitation" to "visit" your website and contact UnitedHealth Group. I would rather jump off a bridge.

Amen. UHC has some serious issues to address in terms of how it trains, treats and recruits its employees but rather than deal with these in a fair way they monitor these boards and send out pat responses and send invitations to go to their sit. I would rather stick a red hot fire place poker in my eye sockets that work for this company again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

dnguyen in Santa Fe Springs, California

25 months ago

I just received an offer pending drug test results. However, I just donated blood to American Cross yesterday and the nurse advised me to not give blood for another 30 days. Does anyone know how the drug screening is conducted in CA? My recruiter is based in MN so she wasn't sure if CA conducts urinalysis, blood test, or hair sample.

Please help! Need answer within 48 hours! I know I'll pass but I'm afraid that lab will think it's suspicious if I'm asking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

email4kh in North Carolina

25 months ago

Urinalysis is typical for employment drug testing, and the Red Cross meant that you aren't supposed to give a pint of blood for at least 30 days. The amount of blood that will be taken for a drug test, if any, won't pose a threat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jon jay in san antonio, Texas

24 months ago

Just got hired in San Antonio for Cust Serv Rep. It is for vision or dental. I haven't seen a single coment out of SA, does anyone know what it's like to work at this facility?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anecia in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

24 months ago

How long does it takes for uhc back ground check to come back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

whats a back up for uhc?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MeMe in Bettendorf, Iowa

24 months ago

A back up is when the class is already full and you are on stand by in case someone in the class fails out of background or does not show up the day that class begins. Don't hold your breath about getting in the class because in this market people show up when they are hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Thanks....How often do uhc have training classes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MeMe in Bettendorf, Iowa

24 months ago

It really depends on the site. Some have them a couple times a year. They will tell you that if you are not placed in this class that you will be first on the list for the next class but that is not true. I have a friend that has been a back up for the last THREE classes. They never call and tell him that there is a new class and once he contacts them he is offered a back up position again. You can always follow up with your recruiter if you need more detailed answers but I would not count on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

well why even take the drug test and do the background check..

MeMe in Bettendorf, Iowa

24 months ago

In hopes that for some reason they call you to come in? I know that when I started there was someone that did not show up the first day and they called in a back up. However what they do not tell you is that they hire like 3-4 backups for each class. So even if someone does not show up or if someone fails out of backround you might not be the 1st backup. I think that UHC has serious issues in the recruitment and hiring process. They over hire so that they can start a full class but they do not take in to consideration the people that they hire as backups that sit and wait to get called (and get their hopes up) only to never get a call to come in. If you are selected for a backup they will tell you that they will call you the DAY of class to let you know if they need you or not. They will call you by NOON the day of the class and if you are needed you have a certain amount of time to get to the site, if not they will give a speel about being hired for the next class. I think the whole "backup" position is a crock of crap and a HUGE waste of money for UHC. They need to look at the hiring process and see that drug testing all these people and running backgrounds for backups is a massive waste of time and money. Good luck, and if I were you I would do the background and drug screen that way if there is another job that you are interested in at UHC then you won't have to do it again for 6 months (that is how long the backgrounds are good for).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

S. Smith in Corsicana, Texas

23 months ago

round55 in Compton, California said: I applied to the job in cypress Ca. I did the phone interview and the online assessment test, and that was 2 weeks ago i was told that i would receive a phone call this week and i am still waiting. So i understand what you are saying same with me i don't have any choice in this job market, but it would be nice to hear back from them. I hope that you hear from this also.

I applied for a position at UHC; the progress was slow and arduous and the one person who called to interview me was rude and inconsiderate. She put me on hold several times and had a difficult time with command of the English language and as I do not speak the native tongue of many Philipino nationals, our conversation was short and bad. She never identified her position; she would only give me her first name, and her inability to understand the complexitites of advanced practice nursing was apparant. I am grateful to the woman for helping me to understand that UHC is NOT where I would choose to work. I will certainly pass the information I understand to all of my friends in the Texas Advanced Practice Nurses as well as the friends of mine who are physician assistants. I vote with my actions and with my dollars. This was extremely unprofessional. My opinion of UHC has dipped into the gutter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Jennifer in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Wow, you are so smart; do you get paid to be a virtual spell check? I didn't realize that correcting a strangers spelling was an actual job, you must get paid a lot of money. Do not correct someone's spelling, that is very rude and uncalled for, and honestly, who would want to hire YOU as an employee? I wouldn't want you in my office with an obvious lack of respect and bad attitude.

and then there is the grammar and sarcasm...I'd hate to talk with you on the telephone and I'd hate for you to be in charge of communicating my healthcare information. Spelling and grammar are important. That you become so defensive is testimony to the quality of individuals working with UHC. Take care and take an English class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Chanook in Glencoe, Missouri said: Amen. UHC has some serious issues to address in terms of how it trains, treats and recruits its employees but rather than deal with these in a fair way they monitor these boards and send out pat responses and send invitations to go to their sit. I would rather stick a red hot fire place poker in my eye sockets that work for this company again.

Excellent, I am VERY happy that I work for the competitor...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

mkm1222 in Tampa, Florida said: Do not believe the hype with Humana. I am employed there and everyone hates it..trust me. I am starting a new position with united health group because of the pay with my B.S. Humana is number 70 on the top 500 fortune companies and UHG is 22...big difference!!!!

Can you write an essay on what a Fortune 500 company's main objective is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

George Homer in Tampa, Florida

23 months ago

I know who this UHC would hate to win the elections Mr.O I can't stand the slave masters CEOs at UHC so that is precisily who I will vote for. Existing preconditions covered, etc. Serve the people and cut those big profits. You get the drift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ag2012 in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

JustMe123 in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I read all these comments and more before taking a job with UHC 4 months ago. I tried to be positive thinking that only disgruntled people will come on here and complain and the others are too happy to even look for a site like this. The site where I work is as bad as everybody says.

We are implementing a huge contract with no project plan. It appears somebody put one together a year ago, but nobody follows it. Management does not know what it wants and constantly has employees dropping work halfway done to start on something else that will ultimately not get finished or used. Technical support is horrible - much worse than I have ever experienced.

I worked at another major insurance company before this one and thought it was the worst. At least the other one could stick to a plan. I have been in my profession for over 20 years, and I have just never seen a mess like this. My coworkers are all miserable as well.

As bad as the work environment is, there are a few benefits I like. For me the insurance is great. The premiums are much lower than what I paid before. The higher deductible doesn't bother me since I don't have to go to the doctor often. Actually it keeps me from running to the doctor when I don't really need to, which is really the purpose of the high deductible. Those who make less than $50,000 have very very low premiums. I would have liked that years ago. Another benefit is we all have laptops so we can work at home when the weather is bad, car won't start, etc.

Every site and job is different I'm sure, but the turnover where I am is very high and I can see why. However, with the bad economy and lack of jobs, it is a job where I can make the money I am used to making. I'll take it for now, but I don't see myself staying in this position longterm.

Did someone contact you through yahoo messenger for your job? Did you have to pay for your laptopand software?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jor in Overland Park, Kansas

22 months ago

Glad to be unemployed in oldsmar, Florida said: Hello Justme123,

As you can now see, many of us are not disgruntled employees. This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I suffered for almost 6 years trying to improve while they tore me down. It seems they do not know the meaning of running a successful organization. UHC is doing one of the worst jobs of keeping and retaining good employees and customers. They need to revamp their whole organization, starting with HRM and training ALL of their managers, supervisors, and those who think they are in charge, on how to follow through with anything they start. I worked for other health care organizations and by far UHC is the worst. Good luck to you. I hope you can hold out until you find something better.

I concur 100 percent. I worked in Maryland Heights, MO for just a few months for this horrible company. To begin with their were roaches in the training room and it had to be sprayed twice. Feces was found outside the room and was joked about by our trainer. (It was not even picked up for a few hours by housekeeping. I do not kid!!). I was harassed because I am an older worker by younger workers (illegal by the way) and the other trainees were loud, raucous and profane. The computers constantly crashed and the "trainers" seemed like they knew only a little more about the systems that we did. (I was more computer literate than the people training me.) Additionally, one trainer of mine joked one day about overhearing an employee speaking of killing "them all" while he was in the restroom. So I quit. But I did not receive UI because I quit even though my state provides an exception for granting benefits if the environment was unsafe (which it was), and hostile (which it was.) Worst job I have had by far in a long employment history.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cautiously Optomistic in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

jon jay in san antonio, Texas said: Just got hired in San Antonio for Cust Serv Rep. It is for vision or dental . I haven't seen a single coment out of SA, does anyone know what it's like to work at this facility?

Jon Jay, two months have passed. Can you tell us about your experiences in San Antonio?

Leary in Wellsville, New York

21 months ago

ag2012 in Houston, Texas said: Did someone contact you through yahoo messenger for your job? Did you have to pay for your laptopand software?

I too received the same yahoo IM with an offer to purchase software at $312 via Western Union purchase. I told them I was very leary as to this kind of purchase. Did you purchase anything via Western Union? If so, how did it go? Did you receive what you purchased in the time alloted?

Me in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

No. They do not make you pay anything for software. They provide you with the computer even.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Me in Chicago, Illinois said: No. They do not make you pay anything for software. They provide you with the computer even.

They are making me pay for the software upfront, to be reimbursed with my first paycheck.

LifesBestWork in Plymouth, Minnesota

21 months ago

Leary in Wellsville, New York said: They are making me pay for the software upfront, to be reimbursed with my first paycheck.

Please note that UnitedHealth Group will never ask you to buy any computer or software upfront before starting a job at UnitedHealth Group. Any request to do so by anyone is not a employee or representative of UnitedHealthGroup and you should consider this a scam. All e-mails from UnitedHealth Group will come from a uhg.com e-mail address. Please visit our website to seach for and apply for jobs directly. Thanks!

Me in Chicago, Illinois

21 months ago

Leary in Wellsville, New York said: They are making me pay for the software upfront, to be reimbursed with my first paycheck.

Then is a scam. UHC does not do that.

21 months ago

LifesBestWork in Plymouth, Minnesota said: Please note that UnitedHealth Group will never ask you to buy any computer or software upfront before starting a job at UnitedHealth Group. Any request to do so by anyone is not a employee or representative of UnitedHealthGroup and you should consider this a scam. All e-mails from UnitedHealth Group will come from a uhg.com e-mail address. Please visit our website to seach for and apply for jobs directly. Thanks!

Thank you for clarifying this! I will not move forward with this scam. Below is the email I received from them:

United Healthcare <email@unitedhealthc.com>

9:59 AM (11 hours ago)

to me

Dear Applicant,

Your resume on ( www.christianjobs.com ) has been reviewed and forwarded to the Head of Operation (United Healthcare) and you have been considered and scheduled for an online interview to discuss more about the job position of a Data Entry Clerk, Accounting Clerk Bookkeeper, Accounting Executive, Clerical Administrator, Payroll, or Medical Biller Position that you are to occupy. You are required to set up a yahoo messenger account or download a Yahoo IM (messenger.yahoo.com/download/) on your desktop if you don't have one. After this process. you are to add Mrs Ronnica Armour on her Yahoo IM, email is ( uhcdesk@yahoo.com ) to your yahoo buddy list ASAP for the job briefing and comprehensive details. She is online waiting to talk to you ASAP.

Time: ASAP
Venue: On line Via Yahoo Messenger
Training is Available
Human Resources
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

PShea53 in Green Bay, Wisconsin

21 months ago

She's right. This person, "LifesBestWork in Plymouth" = Minnetonka's poor cousin, Minnesota, employed by UHC to, (among other things) monitor this site and all the bad things that may be said about UHC (endless), is totally correct. UHC, as petty as they are, would never do anything that low rent petty. Believe me, as someone who took a lot of their stuff unflinchingly (I was the last remaining member of my training class. Few can stand the pressure cooker atmosphere engendered here), they're gonna get you in a lot of other and more important and oppressive ways than money - should you be unlucky enough to be hired, god help ya.

UHC is Social Corporate Darwinism in action: If you get hired, you better be with the UHC program (such as it is) 100%, or you'll be taught what survival of the fittest is all about. Suffice it to say that I had 15 years in a company that they took over, and that could not save me from the management's capricious nature coupled wit a heavy firing hand. Do you think that it will save you? If you have any othe prospects, go uith that, I'm imploring you, for your own good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

angelaavalos13 in Chandler, Arizona

20 months ago

DATA ENTRY
Profound Health

I found this ad here in indeed.com... please be carefull is a total scam, they will contact you via e-mail and ask you to open a yahoo account for an interview.. they can give you a link of a suppose company it can be Cigna Inc, or Partners group or any other company I was contact for 2 HR managers hr_johnkissel@yahoo.com, or erni_marcel@yahoo.com and almost at the end of the interview they start asking me for my bank name, I did not gave that information and as a magic trick, the got discconected. PLEASE BE CAREFULL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

jon jay in san antonio, Texas

20 months ago

Cautiously Optomistic in San Antonio, Texas said: Jon Jay, two months have passed. Can you tell us about your experiences in San Antonio?

My experience here has been a good one thus far. The training was a little sub par but I'm a quick learner so I picked it up quickly. My sup has been very helpful and there is a positive vibe at this location.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MaryAnneinFl in Orlando, Florida

19 months ago

S. Smith in Corsicana, Texas said: and then there is the grammar and sarcasm...I'd hate to talk with you on the telephone and I'd hate for you to be in charge of communicating my healthcare information. Spelling and grammar are important. That you become so defensive is testimony to the quality of individuals working with UHC. Take care and take an English class.

Bravo S. Smith.

Take note of the top quote to whom S. Smith was replying. Especially take note if you are thinking of applying to this travesty of a company.

"Jennifer in Las Vegas" is the typical barely-educated suckup you may be working for--someone who has nothing on the ball and filled with an inflated sense of their importance. A typical UHC "leader." Probably admires Paris Hilton too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Random in Manchester, New Hampshire

19 months ago

shelly89 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: They do a complete FBI check. You will need to have a clean background with no felonies, DUIS, etc. They also do a consumer credit check. It's a waste of time to apply without a clean background on the local and federal level. In this type of job you are dealing with clients personal info. They were hiring in Oldsmar as of last week. Check their website if you are still interested.

This is not entirely true. You can have items. It is all about being honest with your recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justified in San Antonio, Texas

18 months ago

Here in Tennessee said: You would think a company of this size could manage projects better - but then maybe their problem is they have grown too large. I have never seen such an unorganized mess.

Not only have they grown too large but they have incompetent leadership!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justified in San Antonio, Texas

18 months ago

mkm1222 in Tampa, Florida said: Do not believe the hype with Humana. I am employed there and everyone hates it..trust me. I am starting a new position with united health group because of the pay with my B.S. Humana is number 70 on the top 500 fortune companies and UHG is 22...big difference!!!!

Be careful what you wish for......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue_A in Minnetonka, Minnesota

18 months ago

Hi HealthInnovations, a United HealthCare subsidiary
Just received alerts that the company is looking for many Hearing Instrument Specialists.
The field of Audiology requires a Clinical Doctorate degree. Hi healthinnovations recognizes that it cannot get any reputable, qualified ,degreed Audiologists; therefore,Hearing Instrument Specialists with their H.S. degree and state test are being sought to push their cheap, inadequate devices. Hmmmmmm.....don't think that will work either!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

email4kh in North Carolina

18 months ago

Sue_A in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: Hi HealthInnovations, a United HealthCare subsidiary
Just received alerts that the company is looking for many Hearing Instrument Specialists.
The field of Audiology requires a Clinical Doctorate degree. Hi healthinnovations recognizes that it cannot get any reputable, qualified ,degreed Audiologists; therefore,Hearing Instrument Specialists with their H.S. degree and state test are being sought to push their cheap, inadequate devices. Hmmmmmm.....don't think that will work either!

Not every position in the field of audiology requires a Doctorate. Could it be UHC simply doesn't want to hire and pay somebody with a doctorate a doctorate salary for a job that doesn't require one? hmmmmmmm.......

Sounds like somebody might regret that they wasted time obtaining a degree before investigating the demand for employees with that degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.