Comments (151 to 178 of 178)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

odetteusa@gmail in Greenwood, Indiana

13 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

May in Elk Grove, California

13 months ago

me in Albany, New York said: how far back do they go on the background check

Hi, what I found out is that they used First Advantage for their back ground screening that included:
-SSN verification
-County and nation wide criminal check
-All education on resume verification
-All employment on resume verification
-reference check if employer requested
-clearance to work in USA status

They will called directly for verification. They will asked you to fax or email a copy of your diploma, certificate, etc and fax it over to schools for verification. They will called former employer to verified employments date, if rehireable or not. If employer want salary range, they can request for it but most of the time they don't ask for it. They stated they does not asked for productions information and most of the time, employer only give out employment status and even some times they can't even release the status of rehireable due to strict policy related with law suits. This is all I know so far. Good luck to you and me. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cant.wait.to.be.fired in Raleigh, North Carolina

12 months ago

Please do not apply to work for United HealthCare. Coming from someone who is currently regretting taking a job with them every second or every day, you will also regret it. Please, please, PLEASE take my advice and all others here and look elsewhere before you are subjected to the literal hell you will suffer through 8 hours a day. I can't WAIT until the fire me! I plan on sincerely telling whoever fires me "thank you." Can't wait until they let me go so that I can post my FULL uncensored review about just how horrible this place is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sokar in Saint Louis, Missouri

12 months ago

I agree wholeheartedly. I worked there about a year and a half ago and it was hell. The computer systems were antiquated and our "trainers" didn't know how to operate the various programs. The location in St. Louis was dirty, the workers there rude, loud and dirty. The training room had to be sprayed for roaches twice. I am an older worker and negative comments to my age were constantly being made by the trainers, etc. (This is illegal, coincidentally.) I have never hated working for a company more than this sham business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iwas in Troy, New York

12 months ago

I had to laugh "I can't wait.." because I prayed for that for 2 years and when it finally came, I did say "EXCELLENT!" I guess that moron expected me to beg for my job...errr...NOPE. They still don't get it when people act elated when this happens. But management is not too bright there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

BSNTX in Texas

10 months ago

I am applying for a job in the Sugar land and the Houston office for an authorization nurse position. Has anyone had any experiences in these offices.

Mike in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

9 months ago

May in Elk Grove, California said: Hi, what I found out is that they used First Advantage for their back ground screening that included:
-SSN verification
-County and nation wide criminal check
-All education on resume verification
-All employment on resume verification
-reference check if employer requested
-clearance to work in USA status

You stated they do SSN verification -- that part I expect. However, my concern is do they do a SSN trace for all jobs worked? The reason I ask is that I have worked jobs that are not on my resume. My other question is what verification do they do if you were "self-employed" during certain parts of your resume? I refuse to provide tax information as proof of my self-employment. I can type 70+ wpm, have worked in call centers off and on most my life, and I just need a job with benefits. Just concerned how deep they "investigate" a person?

Thoughts?

Fred in North Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

I'm considering a call center position in Las Vegas for the summer until school starts. However, hearing about how a call center environment is, it is making me think twice about my decision. Can someone give me some more input about a call center position?

Pat in Green Bay, Wisconsin

8 months ago

I worked in the middle of a UHC call center (though I was doing another less distasteful job that kept me off the phone)for a year after they bought my other company. In short, you don't want any part of actually working in one: It's noisy, chaotic, fast-paced doesn't begin to describe it. The callers are mad at you, and you have no back-up when you need info or a supe to take (one of the many) supe calls. At least that was my experience from what I heard going on around me. I was just glad that I didn't have to do it. Some schmucks seemed to thrive on it, however, but they seemed to be insurance know-it-alls/savants or suck-ups.

With that school thing in the offing however, you could just chill in training which should take until right about when classes start so no worries. Just quit then, and RUN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

8 months ago

Fred in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: I'm considering a call center position in Las Vegas for the summer until school starts. However, hearing about how a call center environment is, it is making me think twice about my decision. Can someone give me some more input about a call center position?

1. Get ready to be yelled at and be called names.
2. Never work for a call center that provides tech support on a complicated or crappy product. Services like billing, healthcare or reservation desks are much easier gigs.
3. Ask if you will be timed on calls? Being timed adds pressure to your job.
4. The key to getting a call center job is the willingness to work 24/7. They will ask you if you can work weekends and nights. If you say No, that ends it right there.
5. I wouldn't do call center if you are only looking for a short gig.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

VegasGurl1910 in Las Vegas, Nevada

7 months ago

Received a DUI (alcohol only) mistemeanor charge in 2012 (still on probation). Had an interview for Pharmacy Technician position at the home infusion long term care facility located in Las Vegas, NV, and will be around RX medications. Overall I would say the interview went very well, but am feeling uneasy because of my prev DUI charge. Should I be worried that my DUI will play as a major factor in the hiring process?

raffy5465@gmail.com in Manchester, Connecticut

7 months ago

Sue_A in Minnetonka, Minnesota said: Apparently email4kh has been drinking the haterade!
UHC simply doesn't want to pay someone with a doctorate degree ....exactly! They need less educated individuals who can be easily manipulated because those lesser educated individuals are much more vulnerable in today's economic climate.
Kind regards,
The Hearing Doctor

True -- and Managers are ignorant...so...what to expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

VictorZ in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I can't speak for the person you are attacking so viciously but for my own experience UHC is a filthy, unprofessional company whose management model is abysmal. They don't value or utilize properly the workers they do employ. I worked for this jack-holes in St. Louis. You obviously are a company person - probably one of their "managers" towing the company line. The vast number of responses in this thread and from others I have known who worked at UHC are negative. Why don't you go back to your UHC bosses and take this as constructive criticism instead of blindly towing the company line and attacking anyone who sees its faults. That's my humble opinion darling.

Yep -- u got it

7 months ago

worryandsad in Miami, Florida said: SCAMMMMMMMMM!!!! VERY bad company to work, they assign you toooooo many cases, toooo much documentation.....No body ( management) knows what are they doing.........Its a SCAM...they are always hiring because people as soon they found out leave!!!!!!!!! If you have a job and got hired don't leave your job thinking this is a good company!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO!

7 months ago

cant.wait.to.be.fired in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Please do not apply to work for United HealthCare . Coming from someone who is currently regretting taking a job with them every second or every day, you will also regret it. Please, please, PLEASE take my advice and all others here and look elsewhere before you are subjected to the literal hell you will suffer through 8 hours a day. I can't WAIT until the fire me! I plan on sincerely telling whoever fires me "thank you." Can't wait until they let me go so that I can post my FULL uncensored review about just how horrible this place is.

Yep -- true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

iwas in Troy, New York said: I had to laugh "I can't wait.." because I prayed for that for 2 years and when it finally came, I did say "EXCELLENT!" I guess that moron expected me to beg for my job...errr...NOPE. They still don't get it when people act elated when this happens. But management is not too bright there.

This is so true -- SO TRUE

7 months ago

UHG (and OPTUM!) is filled with CRAP. People are frauds and technology is obsolete.

RUN

Princess kitty in Minnesota

6 months ago

I was offered a job on Wednesday and I completed my app. The recruiter said I would hear from someone about the drug test. Still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes? Going out of town and trying to get in for the test before I leave since you only have 48 hours to complete it.

Ying in Arcadia, California

6 months ago

Could you please tell me which other health plans have a better company culture or environment?

Glad to be unemployed in oldsmar, Florida said: Hello Justme123,

As you can now see, many of us are not disgruntled employees. This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I suffered for almost 6 years trying to improve while they tore me down. It seems they do not know the meaning of running a successful organization. UHC is doing one of the worst jobs of keeping and retaining good employees and customers. They need to revamp their whole organization, starting with HRM and training ALL of their managers, supervisors, and those who think they are in charge, on how to follow through with anything they start. I worked for other health care organizations and by far UHC is the worst. Good luck to you. I hope you can hold out until you find something better.

XYZ in Arcadia, California

6 months ago

Could anyone elaborate on how its like to work as a pharmacist for UHG or OptumRx?

Bridgette in Pearland, Texas

6 months ago

I ignored all signs of working for this company and inspire of went to work for them. They do not have hearts they try to act as if they have hearts but they do not they will fire you for missing work because you were sick, your child is sick, something drastic happens and pay u tooo little to do stuff u should be getting paid 20 an hr or more to do. Beware of this company because I promise you, you will hate it!!!

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

6 months ago

Ying in Arcadia, California said: Could you please tell me which other health plans have a better company culture or environment?

My niece says that Kaiser is good but you have to know somebody to get in. I dunno if that is true.

Crystal in Brea, California

4 months ago

Does anyone know how extensive the drug screen is for pre employment? I currently take Zoloft for generalized anxiety. I was doing some research & I saw that Zoloft can give a false positive on a drug test. I stopped taking it cold turkey last week to prepare for the drug screening & I am miserable! Side effects are giving me more anxiety and frustration than I've ever experienced & I need to start taking the Zoloft again before I lose my mind. I just don't want it to interfere with the drug test & jeopardize a job offer. Someone please help ASAP! Thank you!!!!

LynnJones87 in Greensboro, North Carolina

2 months ago

Crystal in Brea, California said: Does anyone know how extensive the drug screen is for pre employment? I currently take Zoloft for generalized anxiety. I was doing some research & I saw that Zoloft can give a false positive on a drug test. I stopped taking it cold turkey last week to prepare for the drug screening & I am miserable! Side effects are giving me more anxiety and frustration than I've ever experienced & I need to start taking the Zoloft again before I lose my mind. I just don't want it to interfere with the drug test & jeopardize a job offer. Someone please help ASAP! Thank you!!!!

Did you get the job because I take it too. It is prescription so I would think they cannot not hire you because you take it.

itty bitty nurse in Houston, Texas

21 hours ago

DONOTAPPLY in Davenport, Iowa said: I applied about six months ago. I completed the testing, interviews, background and drug screen. I get a call telling me that the class is full and that I am a backup. They tell me that I could get a call THE DAY THE CLASS STARTS if someone fails out of background or does not show up. I get a call that day that everyone was there and I would not be in that class. I was told that I would be in the next class. Five months later I see a posting for another class. I apply and I test and tell them that I have already passed background and all that about six months ago (TO THE DAY). They tell me that I have to complete the background again (no biggie). I complete the testing, interviews, background and drug screen again. I get a call that the class is full and that I am a back up.....AGAIN. I have tested, interviewed, did background and drug screen TWICE for nothing. I suggest that you go somewhere else and find a job. This place is not worth the time.

Wow, I had been applying for a service coordinator since 2012. I finally get email for digital interview then phone interview. I applied for 2 service coordinator positions for areas close to me. One basically told me other people was more qualified and the other told me I will get a call within a week and my profile was still in "inital screen" process mode. Never heard back from the other recruiter. So you are right, "don't hold your breath" and "keep you day job or as needed job" because you can be left hanging. I felt so "thrown away".

20 hours ago

MeMe in Bettendorf, Iowa said: In hopes that for some reason they call you to come in? I know that when I started there was someone that did not show up the first day and they called in a back up. However what they do not tell you is that they hire like 3-4 backups for each class. So even if someone does not show up or if someone fails out of backround you might not be the 1st backup. I think that UHC has serious issues in the recruitment and hiring process. They over hire so that they can start a full class but they do not take in to consideration the people that they hire as backups that sit and wait to get called (and get their hopes up) only to never get a call to come in. If you are selected for a backup they will tell you that they will call you the DAY of class to let you know if they need you or not. They will call you by NOON the day of the class and if you are needed you have a certain amount of time to get to the site, if not they will give a speel about being hired for the next class. I think the whole "backup" position is a crock of crap and a HUGE waste of money for UHC. They need to look at the hiring process and see that drug testing all these people and running backgrounds for backups is a massive waste of time and money. Good luck, and if I were you I would do the background and drug screen that way if there is another job that you are interested in at UHC then you won't have to do it again for 6 months (that is how long the backgrounds are good for).

That sounds horrible that people are waiting like that to get into orientation. All I can say is do not leave your job so soon without true confirmation. I thought I felt bad and rejected, but this is horrible. Glad I found this forum.

20 hours ago

tryingintexas in Houston, Texas said: My process hasn't been too long. Just the online assessment, phone interview and then two interviews with two different departments. I am in the background check and drug testing phase. I took my drug test yesterday. I thank GOD they are moving the Houston office to Sugarland. The Houston office was in one of the most dangerous areas of the city . I've been given a start date for training and hope this background check runs smoothly.

Congratulations. I have been trying since 2012 and had been left hanging in "initial screening" process on my profile very recently after I was told that someone will be contacting me in a week. I applied for 2 service coordinator positions and the other recruiter said others were more qualified; they jumped in and got me excited then let me down quickly, but the other job ID for the same position is still in "initial screening" mode. I was so confused then withdrew my application. Someone told me to reapply and I did but still no response.

20 hours ago

itty bitty nurse in Houston, Texas said: Congratulations. I have been trying since 2012 and had been left hanging in "initial screening" process on my profile very recently after I was told that someone will be contacting me in a week. I applied for 2 service coordinator positions and the other recruiter said others were more qualified; they jumped in and got me excited then let me down quickly, but the other job ID for the same position is still in "initial screening" mode. I was so confused then withdrew my application. Someone told me to reapply and I did but still no response.

Had anyone had this type of response "inital screening" and no call back?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.