How to get a job at University of Pennsylvania.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at University of Pennsylvania? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

M.R in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Host said: Do you work at University of Pennsylvania? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I've interviewed with U-Penn not to long ago for an admin position. I went through three interview and still didn't land the job. After waiting several weeks with my fingers cross I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get in there is to know someone within the facility. Yes, I dress for success and made a great impression on both the chief of medicine and they hired someone within the company to take the position. I've tried several time to get into U-Penn on my own merit but I really don't think I can get in there without knowing someone that works there. I just really want to be apart of a university to develop my skills and potential.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M.R in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

Host said: Do you work at University of Pennsylvania? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I've interviewed with U-Penn not to long ago for an admin position. I went through three interviews and still didn't land the job. After waiting several weeks with my fingers crossed, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get in there is to know someone within the facility. Yes, I dressed for success and made a great impression on both the chiefs of medicine and they hired someone within the company to take the position. I've tried several times to get into U-Penn on my own merit but I really don't think I can get in there without knowing someone that works there. I just really want to be apart of a university to develop my skills and potential.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J Gagill in Poughkeepsie, New York

16 months ago

M.R in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I've interviewed with U-Penn not to long ago for an admin position. I went through three interview and still didn't land the job. After waiting several weeks with my fingers cross I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get in there is to know someone within the facility. Yes, I dress for success and made a great impression on both the chief of medicine and they hired someone within the company to take the position. I've tried several time to get into U-Penn on my own merit but I really don't think I can get in there without knowing someone that works there. I just really want to be apart of a university to develop my skills and potential.

University jobs are great jobs to have. Sorry it didn't work out.

I don't apply any longer to colleges. Sad, but it just seems like a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Phil Young in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Yeah I agree with J. Gagill. I live three blocks from the university and I worked there when I was 18 years old.. it's damn near impossible to get a job there. There is a lot of nepotism that goes on there.. I've applied to several position that I am more than qualified for. A friend of mines who previously worked there in the human resources department said that it really is all about who you know there and that nepotism runs that place. he also said that they black list people. if you applied to a lot of positions there they have a database that will track your resume and not submit it to positions. SMH.. they are the biggest employer in the city and this is how they operate..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.