University of Rochester Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at University of Rochester?

What do you like best about working at University of Rochester? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Aspergillus in Rochester, New York

14 months ago

I recently started working as a Technical Associate I at the University of Rochester.

I would rank the salary as very poor. I have a BS in biology, an MS in microbiology, and 6 years of research experience working for the department of defense, and for private contract research organizations. They started me at $36,000 per year. To be fair, University of Rochester does offer a very nice health insurance package with a pricing scheme that scales based on salary. If you earn less than $40,000 per year, you'll pay almost nothing.

Work environment will really depend on what lab you're in if you're working in a research setting. I worked as a summer intern one year and absolutely loved the research I did, the people I worked with, and the environment my boss created. In the lab I work in now everybody dislikes each other, management creates a very hostile environment, and you're looked down on if you refuse to work 60+ hours a week and come to work every weekend.

The parking situation is disappointing. You must pay to park and very few of the parking lots are nearby unless you're willing to pay ~$1500 per year, per parking space. The parking lot I park in is ~$250 per year and involves a 10 minute shuttle bus ride to where I need to go.

The only thing I really like about the job is that I have affordable health insurance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.