How to get a job at Upsher-smith Laboratories.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Upsher-smith Laboratories? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

KBR1972 in Denver, Colorado

5 months ago

I work at and for Upsher-Smith Laboratories. It's funny, I actually found the job on Craigslist. It was posted by a temporary agency and that, as it turns out, is the only way they hire. I submitted my resume, and a day or two later received a response by phone asking me to come down to the agency. Once there, I was instructed that there would be a test that would last about an hour and a half and consisted of 5 parts that were timed. I took the test and was informed they would let me know if I passed or didn't via a phone call. 3 hours later I got a phone call from the agency congratulating me on passing the test. They informed me that they would pass all my information on to the human resources lady and wait on a day and time for an interview. On the day of the interview I met with the plant manager who asked me a ton of questions. Some were profiling questions to test my general demeanor, others consisted of my background. A few days later I was informed I landed a position and would be trained on 1st shift, for a 2nd shift position. Then the agency informed I would need to take part in an online, 8 part, OSHA test, in which I would need to get an 80% or better on all the parts and each part was due on a certain date, so I didn't have to do it all at once. Upon completing the tests I was given a start date via email. If you manage to make it through all the hurdles and hoops of fire, YES, it is worth it. If you manage to get hired on like I did, it is absolutely worth it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.