Urbandaddy Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Urbandaddy?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Beth A. in New York, New York

32 months ago

Had a strange experience interviewing with this company for a Perks Account Executive. First I met with two younger women in their early 20s. I discussed my former experience as well as my knowledge and understanding of the UD brand and general know-all of pop culture and its importance within leveraging branding and establishing relationships with potential clients. Then I was asked to come back and meet with a female Sales Dir. She asked the same questions. I remember one question striking me as odd when she asked if I felt I understood "NY Culture" (I'm mid-20s female who goes out often), when she already knew that I was born and raised in NYC. She then told me "selling in NY is completely different than any other market" even though, again, I am originally from NYC and worked for two powerhouse brands before this interview. She was certainly a bit condescending which I had to laugh to myself about, especially since she told me she was from the South, and was now trying to power trip me about NYC?? Give me a break.

I was then asked to prepare a sample brainstorm of opportunities to potentially pitch to buyers and sell to the UD readership. I had some great ideas that all of my friends who work in "cool" positions thought were great. I also spent some time writing the actual copy, as I am a skilled writer who previously wrote for NY Press, The Voice, and Time Out NY, so I know the caliber of the work I turned in. After that: radio silence! I sent a few follow up emails but never heard back. If I took the time to schlep down to the offices a few times in a week, it would have been polite to at least tell me they weren't interested. It ended up fine as I actually used the copy as an example of my writing skills to another co I was interviewing with, and ended up with a 6-figs job at an amazing Conde Nast magazine. I would just tell anybody who is interviewing to be wary of this company. Says a lot about how you will be treated as an actual employee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.