PHOENIX SIU

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Wife of prospective employee in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

My husband is considering application as an SIU investigator with the Phoenix office. Can anyone offer insight to this particular department and/or the Phoenix office itself?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in San Antonio, Texas

88 months ago

Basically someone has to die in the department for that position to open up. Good Luck.

Thank You SIU in Phoenix, Arizona

88 months ago

Nicole in San Antonio, Texas said: Basically someone has to die in the department for that position to open up. Good Luck.

Nicole, you are not paying attention. She is asking about Phoenix SIU not San Antonio. Read the SIU posting on page 10 of the culture comments. Experienced, smart, dedicated employees have left and are leaving SIU in Phoenix due to the mis-management of that department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20-50-80 clubmember in Baltimore, Maryland

86 months ago

Tell your husband to look elsewhere for an SIU`position unless he desires to work for an ego centric idiot who couldn't find his own ass in a phone booth with a map. The SIU personel are under a lot of stress. they carry anywhere from 24+ cases a month, have to monitor and investigate non-fraud claims and have their investigations second guessed by bean counters. USAA SIU used to be staffed by profesionals, retired federal and state investigators. They were all dismissed 1 by 1 by the present management as he distrusted anyone who was smarter than he , and that is just about everyone. His back ground was he was a file clerk for the FBI. Except for the Northeast unit, the experience level of the SIU is less than 5 years. This is an organization that started around 1980! Two large law suits were won against USAA by SIU personnel. Both were for wrongful termination. That should tell you something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Glenn Quagmire in Fairfax, Virginia

84 months ago

I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but I was in SIU with USAA for about a year. Friends who worked there cautioned me not to accept the position, but I didn’t listen. I found it to be the most horrible experience in my 28 years of work. Hardly a month went by with out a special teleconference where the announcement that so and so was “no longer with the company” and that you should respect so and so’s privacy and not contact them. They cut positions, fired people, forced others to quit, and created a work environment that would have made Joe Stalin envious. Now I learn they are going to issue blackberries to all the investigators that are GPS capable. This will enable them to take micromanagement to a new level. GLAD I QUIT WHEN I DID!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hunterclus in Houston, Texas

22 months ago

20-50-80 clubmember in Baltimore, Maryland said: Tell your husband to look elsewhere for an SIU`position unless he desires to work for an ego centric idiot who couldn't find his own ass in a phone booth with a map. The SIU personel are under a lot of stress. they carry anywhere from 24+ cases a month, have to monitor and investigate non- fraud claims and have their investigations second guessed by bean counters. USAA SIU used to be staffed by profesionals, retired federal and state investigators. They were all dismissed 1 by 1 by the present management as he distrusted anyone who was smarter than he , and that is just about everyone. His back ground was he was a file clerk for the FBI. Except for the Northeast unit, the experience level of the SIU is less than 5 years. This is an organization that started around 1980! Two large law suits were won against USAA by SIU personnel. Both were for wrongful termination. That should tell you something.

Who is the new SIU Director in San Antonio?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.