There is good and bad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

IRU_18

86 months ago

I currently work in IRU and started training in Novmeber 2006. First suggestion, I thought the training could have been much better than it was. When I finished training, I felt like I could have been better trained to do my job as a claims representative. I felt that too much time was spent on Enterprise training and not enough on what our actual job is. Don't get me wrong, I am fine with getting referrals, but I think management puts way too much emphasis on this for us being claims reps. I was penalized in my evaluations for not getting enough, when it was not even an original part of my job description. I am doing good with it now, and also with the main part of my job. One of my main gripes now is the scheduling. I started on a 5 day schedule but was recently forced to take a 4 day schedule to include working every Saturday (one reason I left my old job), and on top of that, lost some benefits such as holiday pay. Also, as far as getting time off is concerned, it seems to be nearly impossible. I realize it is a staffing thing, but I hardly think that one missing person is going to make members take notice. A good solution for the every Saturday schedule is just to make it every other Saturday, that is much more reasonable. The shift premium pay for Saturday is much appreciated, however. Aside from all that, the benefits at USAA are pretty good, and the people I work with are nice. For the most part, serving the membership can be pretty rewarding especially when I get a chance to really have a good talk with member. I would like to move up to a senior claims position hopefully next year, does anyone know what the starting pay is for that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

Look on the career section on Connect and you'll see the salary ranges of all the positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Tompson in N/A, Georgia

31 months ago

Do you remember some questions on the basic licensing for the claims representative?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.