USAA From A Customer Perspective

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Johnna Calverase in Jyderup, Denmark

70 months ago

I have been a customer of USAA for 20 years...until today. After previously reporting by message center to USAA on 5 different occasions in the last year that a recurring charge on my checking account was illegal USAA did NOTHING to stop the activity.

I spent 3 hours on long distance calls to USAA (I work in Afghanistan and live in Denmark) and spoke to Lisa (useless and does not know how to handle customers), John in "Executive Resoultions" (who told me it would be DAYS before the problem was sorted), Josephine in Voice of the Customer (who had the listening skills of a baboon and the problem solving ability of a ameoba) and then finally Anne Marie in "Executive Resolutions" who wasted more of my time and finally broke the deal by not admitting the company screwed up by not closing my account when I reported fraud on the account 5 times in the last year.

The customer service has been noticably horrible for the last two years. My suspicions about the company were confirmed when I found this website.

Its clear that USAA now hires very young and inexperienced reps who have no clue on how to service a customer. In days past this would never have been a problem as the account would have been closed and a new one effortlessly opened upon the first written message to USAA about fraud on the account.

Its clear that the reps I was once used to dealing with over 20 years ago are now gone and replaced by "technology" (you can never get a rep on the line and they are always trying to shove you into the website) and "lesser" qualified workers (no one can answer a question or take action to solve a probelm they now defend the company and try to get you off the line without solving the problem).

I ask...in todays banking environment you better bring it to the table as crappy customer service will be the end of a bank now. Its a new day and this girl and her friends are taking their money to a bank who can provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.