USAA Training ..Brainwashing us to kiss the military's behind

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Greg in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

I feel for those in the heat of battle but for gods sake...when will usaa take notice that we all don't have to have respect for the military to work at usaa. I would like to know the exact number of military personel that have actually been in combat since 1976. I'll bet its a tiny number and for that tiny number I salute you but I'm sick of having to refer to every man and woman that filled gas tankes for military vehicles as a hero. You went into the military as a job and to have your apartment paid for and all those kids you'll be poping out the first 5 years paid for. I for one am going to stop every 7-11 employee I see and thank him for puting his life on the line for working the night shift for 8 bucks an hour with crapy insurance so I can get my Cheetoes.
If you do it for free then give me a call folks......USAA acts like a woman going through hormone therapy over a few cocky youngsters blowing their military pay on freakin jet skis and tatoos.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Sacramento, California

85 months ago

They're a for-profit corporation that caters exclusively to military personnel, they want you to have some empathy and respect for them so customer satisfaction is higher, and in turn they make more money.

It's not rocket science, it's a very common business practice. What in the world did you expect when you applied?

PS: Every single company wants you to respect the customers that patronize them. No one said you had to get down on your hands and knees and fellate them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Military member in New Bern, North Carolina

85 months ago

Greg in Tampa, Florida said: I feel for those in the heat of battle but for gods sake...when will usaa take notice that we all don't have to have respect for the military to work at usaa. I would like to know the exact number of military personel that have actually been in combat since 1976. I'll bet its a tiny number and for that tiny number I salute you but I'm sick of having to refer to every man and woman that filled gas tankes for military vehicles as a hero. You went into the military as a job and to have your apartment paid for and all those kids you'll be poping out the first 5 years paid for. I for one am going to stop every 7-11 employee I see and thank him for puting his life on the line for working the night shift for 8 bucks an hour with crapy insurance so I can get my Cheetoes.
If you do it for free then give me a call folks......USAA acts like a woman going through hormone therapy over a few cocky youngsters blowing their military pay on freakin jet skis and tatoos.

You need to seriously examine your attitude. I have been in combat (as a helicopter pilot) as did practically everyone I know. I'm willing to bet you don't know a single person in uniform. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to tell you that you are a totally clueless, spoiled brat American that has no idea what those people are doing for you. Go pick up a newspaper and get a reality check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Jackal in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Not only did I serve in the military, but I was in combat and I work there.

Believe me, The only thing I was sure of when I was deployed ws my insurance company/bank.

So what if young soldiers want to blow every penny on skis or booze or even strip clubs. The fact they serve in the military means they earn every right to do that.

By the way, those "men and woman that fill gas tanks for military vehicles" are volunteers. If they didn't, and there is a good possibility this will happen, opinionated idividuals like you or your son/daughter may have no choice but to go in the military after the government reestablishes conscription.

I hope your credit card company gives you the service you deserve when you accidentally miss a payment by a day or two because you were seeing your son off to his 3rd deployment to Iraq.

If you are an employee in Tampa, please quit and find a job more suitable to your customer service "abilities".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

StillWorkinginFlorida in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

Idiot. I agree with your right to NOT RESPECT the military. What I have difficulty with is your reaping the financial benefits from military personnel and families and complaining about it.
And people wonder why customer service has deteriorated.
USAA user for 40 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Johnna Calverase in Jyderup, Denmark

70 months ago

I think you should leave your job or be fired soon enough.

Your making money off military people. Lots of people have been in wars during the time they subscribed to USAA.

As a 20 year memmber of USAA I have been in three wars...shot at, bombed, etc. My brother is a USAA memebr and he has done 5 tours in Iraq over the last 5 years...same deal...shot at and bombed.

So yous a majority of your customers have been in wars and sacrificed plenty so they can buy your services and listen to you whine.

I can see you are not brave enough to post your own name....coward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SoldierMedic in Indianapolis, Indiana

31 months ago

Greg in Tampa, Florida said: I feel for those in the heat of battle but for gods sake...when will usaa take notice that we all don't have to have respect for the military to work at usaa. I would like to know the exact number of military personel that have actually been in combat since 1976. I'll bet its a tiny number and for that tiny number I salute you but I'm sick of having to refer to every man and woman that filled gas tankes for military vehicles as a hero. You went into the military as a job and to have your apartment paid for and all those kids you'll be poping out the first 5 years paid for. I for one am going to stop every 7-11 employee I see and thank him for puting his life on the line for working the night shift for 8 bucks an hour with crapy insurance so I can get my Cheetoes.

Do you think a fireman should do their job for free? I am fortunate enough to have only been deployed 2 times, pending my 3rd. I am a post 9/11 soldier, I joined knowing I was going to combat. I am the first female in my brigade to serve as a line medic; which means on the front line, with the infantry. There are very few military members who have not been deployed, believe me my state is looking for soldiers who have not gone over and well its hard to come by. It's cool to have your opinion but know your facts before you spout them off. And in regards to your trashing on fuelers, well every soldier who goes over puts their whole life on hold, family, school, friends, fun...EVERYTHING. When they come home everything has changed and you have to re acclimate and realize people learned to go on without you. It is not easy. So you just go do your 9-5, go have a beer and relax buddy; we got this. Oh and yes you should quit your job at USAA if you do work there, DB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley Tompson in N/A, Georgia

30 months ago

SoldierMedic in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Do you think a fireman should do their job for free? I am fortunate enough to have only been deployed 2 times, pending my 3rd. I am a post 9/11 soldier, I joined knowing I was going to combat. I am the first female in my brigade to serve as a line medic; which means on the front line, with the infantry. There are very few military members who have not been deployed, believe me my state is looking for soldiers who have not gone over and well its hard to come by. It's cool to have your opinion but know your facts before you spout them off. And in regards to your trashing on fuelers, well every soldier who goes over puts their whole life on hold, family, school, friends, fun...EVERYTHING. When they come home everything has changed and you have to re acclimate and realize people learned to go on without you. It is not easy. So you just go do your 9-5, go have a beer and relax buddy; we got this. Oh and yes you should quit your job at USAA if you do work there, DB.

Do you remember some questions on the basic licensing for the claims representative?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.