What's the company culture at VA Medical Center?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at VA Medical Center?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at VA Medical Center?

Reply - Report abuse

VA worker in Jeromesville, Ohio

87 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at VA Medical Center?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at VA Medical Center?

Depends on which dept you work I think. Overall people dress in business casual. Rarely do I even see senior mgmt dress in suits. The VA is such a large place the culture depends on which area.
When I first got hired, some people at my previous job forwarned me how bad it was. I was optimistic and thought they were just being negative. I have found that the complaints are true. I am now looking for alternatives to allow me to leave. There is what some folks refer to as the "golden hancuffs."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisap in Uniontown, Pennsylvania

16 months ago

I just started at a VA clinic not to long again, I Work in the medical clinic, its been very stressful for me and I have thought of applying elsewhere, the pay is good but I wonder if I am just needing to get used to the clinic or if it will even get any better, any feed back would be much appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.