How to get a job at Vanguard Healthcare Services.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at Vanguard Healthcare Services? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Cookieless in Shelbyville, Tennessee

25 months ago

Called regularly to find out if they were hiring.Second call I was told to come in and fill out application.Did.Felt very weird filling out application as there seem to be so much staff and it seemed they were making rounds to check out who I was and maybe if they knew me ,etc. I can be shy until I get to know someone well so that was really odd.
Took another job in the meantime that was a nightmare.Checked back with Vanguard facility after 6 weeks elsewhere.I was told they only had night shift opening at the time and that was my preference anyway.Interviewed with DON,Administrator,available staff member (nurse passing meds on B2 hall) and the DON had intended for a resident to ask me questions as well but, the timing was bad. I wasn't asked anything complicated that I remember.It was more like I had to fit in personality-wise with the group of them to be considered.It seemed to go really well from what I could tell.Then for some strange reason the DON says she has to interview a couple more people that afternoon before she can make up her mind.It was like she didn't really have a plan and that comment was a last minute thought.She said she would let me know something that night.
I did not hear anything for about 48 hours so I assumed she had choose someone else.She had not.They are just that unorganized.
I somehow got my nerve up and called her to follow up (thank her for the interview,kiss butt,kiss butt) and got her on the phone interrupting something she was glad to have an excuse to get away from.She told me to hold on.Weird because I don't get this process at all.She had another staff member listen in on speaker while she offered me the job.
I took a significant cut in pay but,I fit in with this group of people where I was never going to at the other facility.
I would have to agree with most of the negative reviews I have read but,I would not advise you to stay away unless you are lazy,undependable,whinney and just a generally unlikeable individual !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.