Vector Marketing Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Vector Marketing?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Jakeal in Jackson, Mississippi

131 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Vector Marketing?
What if we strike it wrong in we don't get the job.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Andy in Cincinnati, Ohio

131 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Vector Marketing?

You'll be selling knives to your family and friends. I wouldn't waste my time with it. The whole process is kind of shady. They never come out and tell you what you'll be doing until you're invited to a 4 hour training workshop, assuming your interview went well. The products are of good quality, but unless you want to sell knives door to door, I'd look somewhere else.

Reply - Report abuse

Sam I am in Urbana, Illinois

128 months ago

Just dress nice and be a yes-man. you might want to take a notebook and take as many notes as you can.

you don't take notes to review them later. the reason you want to take notes is because it makes you look interested.

Reply - Report abuse

Leigh Ann in Hickory, Mississippi

128 months ago

You want to know the basics like "why do you think you would be good for the position?" "do you like working with people" etc. The questions are just like a basic interview for any job.

Reply - Report abuse

nathanestervig in Verona, Wisconsin

93 months ago

I recently had an offer to come in to work for Vector Marketing. After doing a lot of various research about the company, I found they sell knives. Their brand name is Cutco. Once I found that out, I became very skeptical about the position.
I've worked in sporting goods for a number of years, selling guns, ammo, and most of all knives. I happen to be a gun, and knife enthusiest as well. I have never heard of knife brand named Cutco, at any point. If all you sell is an off brand knife name brand, you cannot possibly be making much money off of it.
When I contacted the interview office location, and asked about the wage, I was told "up front", you would be paid either a commission or a base pay. However, which one you were to be paid, well, that would all depend upon which one you would have made the most off of. So, I realize there are many of you out there that are just a skeptical about this position as I am but, I doesn't come off to me as being a scam.
They were very up front with me as to how their pay works. However, I have had a job similar to this one in the past, and I will not take a job like that ever again. This is because, all it takes is one bad week, and it will throw your entire schedule for paying bills out-of-whack.
Now, as to if they do door-to-door, that I don't know. However, I know for a fact, if that is the way they conduct business, then doing so in Wisconsin could bring very large penalties. I say this because, some places, in Wisconsin, view that as soliciting. In a case of soliciting, it usually has a rather large fine attached to it.
However, if they conduct this by doing cold-calling. Then there is not to much to worry about. However, that does fall under the catagory of TELE-MARKETING, and OUTSIDE SALES. If they do practice cold-calling (tele-marketing), there is one other thing they have to worry about in Wisconsin.

Reply - Report abuse

nathanestervig in Verona, Wisconsin

93 months ago

CONT.
That one thing is, they need to make sure not to contact a possible client no more than twice within a 5 day period of time, and no more than once per either one of those times on that day. This is because, under Wisconsin State Law, anything over that is considered harrassment. Due to that, should something like that take place, and it is deemed harrassment, it can result in a $1,000 fine per call against the said company. Sorry, I couldn't help but put that in because, one of my friends, who is a bill collector, told me about it.
Plus, once a person states that they no longer want to be contacted by the said company, they are acutally required to stop calling them. This is because, after they have been told to "cease calling", it is automatically declared harrassment should that company continue.
Basically putting it folks, if you don't want to get stuck selling knives, traveling or cold-calling, then just DON'T. Since I don't know how they figure out their pay, I can't really go in to that. However, if it is actually a pyramid scheme, then they had better hope the Federal Government doesn't find out. Plus, if this true, like some people are saying, then why don't you report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Lord knows, if the Federal Trade Commission would find out about pyramid scheme, they would send people out to investigate it.
I've personally dealt with Federal Government representatives, when I used to sell guns for one of the places I worked at, and I can tell you, they put everything under scrutiny. One little mess up with them, and you can have a very big problem. Granted, those representatives were part of the A.T.F Division (Alcohol, Tobbacco, and Firearms) but, from what I've heard, most of the Federal departments are like that.
I hope I have not offended anyone to much but, I do hope that I've helped to shed some light on things. If this type of a job is for you, make sure to keep your ears open!!

Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Portland, Oregon

78 months ago

I was just contacted by a friend's son to come by and do a cutco demonstration. I first told him yes, but only because I felt really bad. But when I thought about it, I don't want or need knives, so why waste our time and my money? Then I researched the knives and found about all company, but ultimately, it was reviews of the knives from several knive people (chefs, consumer reports, and such) to find out they are not high-end knives and only made with normal 440A steel, and several other things that made them inferior quality. I was willing to spend a little just to help someone out, but not on overpriced, underquality knives you have to send back to manufacture to just sharpen. No thanks. I called and canceled, but offered to still hear the presentation if it would help him out and he said no. I CAN'T STAND these companies, and neither can any of the friends and families that you prey on to sell stuff to them they don't need or want. People only feel bad for you and that's the only reason this sort of scheme works. This is just a glorified way of begging. And I prefer the beggars on the street who don't dress up and pretend to be something else. I don't hear about any older people taking on this job - it's all younger, just out of high school or in college. There is a reason for this. Older, wiser, can't be tricked into stooping to this kind of scheme. It's a get rich quick and nearly no one gets rich. And folks, $545 in a week is not rich!

Reply - Report abuse

calbob45 in Manteca, California

73 months ago

Jakeal in Jackson, Mississippi said: What if we strike it wrong in we don't get the job.

yes, just be yourself, these people will hire your dog too,all you need is a pulse, Oh yes, And a checkbook..Stay away. I caught on yesterday ,after my first training day. he said he wanted me to bring back 40 name of friends and family.I don't have much family in the area,and my friends I'd like to keep.I came home and looked them up on here.Tons of stories just like mine.It was like they were right there with me.youtube has a page or two on these dirtbags.I even read where they have been banned from 9 states...PLEASE STAY AWAY...............

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Albuquerque, New Mexico

63 months ago

I don't know much about the company but I do know this. Any job that want's you to buy anything it aint worth it. Just reading this comment's make sense since I haved been contacted by this company IRONICALLY is that I have resume's posted in varied companie's and suddenlly this Vector blabla Marketblabla out of the blue send's me an email that very minute I posted 'resume' and call's the next day stating the same story about Today's interview and dress casual and take a notebook and that blabla my point is if they're stating to sell to people you know who you gonna sell it to espacially if you have no life like friend's for instance heck my dog or cat don't even call me from the other side you think my family is going to call me YEAH RIGHT they all moved on and so should you and find a job that doesn't leave's you PENNYLESS. Anonymous.

Reply - Report abuse

j stanley in Kansas City, Missouri

55 months ago

Nathan, I know this is a few years late but as a chef I know Cutco, I have used their knives on many occasions and have a partial set myself. Yes if you aren't in an industry you may not know all the names of companies that are I'm that field such as Cambro which is a Tupperware container. All I'm saying is before you assume somethings off brand just because you sold hunting knives doesn't mean they are because they are a kitchen knife company.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.