vector isn't the right job for a college student

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

sanderson in Versailles, Kentucky

71 months ago

From all I've looked up this company isn't full of con artists or thieves it's just a sales job which is fine for some people but for a college student to take the risk is idiotic. Get a regular part time job with fixed pay. Don't add on the stress this job will entail. It's just not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Jodie in Sayville, New York

71 months ago

I completely disagree. I've worked there for a month in a half, have won four knives just from sales to keep, as well as a set of table knives, I have hit three promotions, earning 25% of sales at an 80% closing ratio, there's always contests, opportunities to win free trips, it's laid back, fun, and pays very well. I'm not stressed at all, I recommend it

Reply - Report abuse

veryfree333@*****.*** in Santa Ana, California

66 months ago

All 'business opportunity' offers must comply with the new Federal Trade Commission rule, Rule 16 C.F.R. Part 437. This requires the offeror to disclose to the potential customer certain things. Failure to disclose is a violation of the law. See ftc(.)gov(/)bizopps for more info.

My estimate is that few or none of the Vector Marketing scam artists are able to disclose the info, or if they do, the customer will see that they are definitely a company to avoid.

Reply - Report abuse

Jodie in Bohemia, New York

63 months ago

Amy Clapsaddle in Cleveland, Ohio said: Jodie's comment is indicative of the fact VM is a joke. Any real Marketing Sales Company with belief in heir product strictly pays commission to their *salaried" sales force on performance ... free trips and cheap trophies and trinkets and crap contests are indicative of a shady operation. Real Marketing Companies don't do kiddie games like VM does.

Lol, thank god I don't listen to stuff like this, or else I wouldn't be where I am now, currently working my way through management training so I can open my own office and begin a long term career with them, just like the president of Vector East, who started the job when we was only 19. (I'm 27). Oh, and the trips? Lol, so you have an issue with someone giving you a free trip? I'll take whatever free trips you're handed any day of the week. It's such kiddie stuff that they're taking the management candidates up to the factory in Olean new york for four days, giving us hotel rooms and food for a minimal cost ($79 include the hotel and food and Niagara falls, like I said very very minimal), oh and they're taking us to the Old Library, the one gourmet restaurant in town. Gosh, these free trips really sound "kiddie." Lol!

Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Well, typo, Olean is not a free trip, never was offered as a free trip, don't call me out on it. But there are times when you can win free trips, there's a whole group going to Cancun next weekend, many of which are going for free through the sales they have made this summer.

Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Oh by the way the trip was one of the best trips I've ever been on, and my family has taken vacations since I was little. Of course Niagara Falls was amazing, but so was the rest of hte weekend. We had two days of prep/training, and at night time? They absolutely spoiled us, the quality of the food served at the the old library was truly spectacular, we had a fun dance party one night, and the next night we first had a chef cutting demonstration using about half our knives to turn a bunch of food into a piece of art, then the CEO of cutco spoke in front of us, and we even had the chance to meet many of the heads of the cutco industry.

Then the next day we went to see the factory where everything is manufactured. You think this job sucks? Did you know we are helping a very small farming community keep their employment up, with 800 employees in and around the three factory buildings of cutco, keeping 40% of the workforce hired by cutco, just by us going out and selling the product, keeping the product line going. They were as grateful for what we do as we are for making the amazing product for us to sell in return. It was an amazing weekend and I wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world. I can't wait to go again next year

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.