What's the company culture at Ventura Foods, LLC?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Ventura Foods, LLC?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Ventura Foods, LLC?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous Please Due to the Retaliation in Wells, Minnesota

15 months ago

environment at Albert Lea MN plant, the way I perceive it... Human Resources and management are seriously like PRISON WARDENS!... we as production are in our prison blue hot scratchy uniforms that were going to be forced to tuck in our shirts to "look professional" I don't know of too many spectators that will be coming to Albert Lea oil factory at 3:30 pm to 3:30 AM to see how professional we look when we have margarine or oil stains all over us and sweat dripping off or snot running down our lip because we are forced to work when we are sick because of our point system! even though we have to watch safety videos that tell us not to come to work sick! could that be an OSHA violation or getting forced to work on a different shift, if you get hurt at work... yup just another tactic to get people to not file a work comp claim. or how most people don't report there work accidents at all so there whole department is able to get the safety award..... I could go on for hours n hours about how the conditions here are so bad!... people stay though because they pay is one of the better ones around for this area and the insurance is good. when the tornado sirens go off we are told to keep working...REALLY!! because they have someone standing on the roof watching and if they feel the conditions are bad then we can take shelter... I didn't know that margarine and oil was more important than human life! or I guess that's not quite right either its really about the Rich getting Richer! I was told when I started working here that it use to be a good company to work for and that it was almost impossible to get a job here because everyone stayed until they retired now since the new people took over with the new human resource it has been a true living nightmare! People come and go like running water flowing through the sewer.
This particular union we have doesn't do anything except help Ventura to continue to discriminate harass, belittle or really whatever...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.