Background Check extremely frustrating

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

jacksparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

I've never seen such a thing in my entire life! I was given the job offer a couple days after my interview, I put two weeks notice in at my current full time job. I start getting 4-10 phone calls a day from A-Check (this has been going on for 4 business days). I've called and responded to all their request, but they're starting to worry me. I'm a straight edge person, but this lady is unrealistic. I've been at my current job for over a few years now, so when I filled out my work experience I guessed on my eta of employment. What a mistake.. She is calling me about a month difference from what I said to what my previous employers said! She has had me fax in my diploma because she can't find my high school. She's called my current employer 6 times and when my boss attempts to call her back, he just gets her voice mail. He's getting fed up with her calling him so much and honestly I can't blame him. I've put my two weeks notice in since I got my job offer, but now I'm concerned with all of this, espc with the way this lady is conducting herself. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? I mean, if I'm wrong on dates of employment, am I not going to get a job now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sentiment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

how did it go? i'm experiencing the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jacksparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

sentiment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: how did it go? i'm experiencing the same thing.

I got the job and everything went fine, but honestly, I wouldn't trust A-Check with anything, they seem to be very sketchy and very inconsistent. I got a call about two weeks after I got hired saying "You're background check is now complete and we'll see you for training". .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kimm00 in West Bloomfield, Michigan

60 months ago

I submitted my application. I forgot to add two jobs that I previously held and I just noticed it says ALL jobs for the past 7 years. Is there a way to add this to my application even though it has been submitted? I have a telephone interview scheduled on Monday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tjones in Greensboro, North Carolina

60 months ago

kimm00 in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I submitted my application. I forgot to add two jobs that I previously held and I just noticed it says ALL jobs for the past 7 years. Is there a way to add this to my application even though it has been submitted? I have a telephone interview scheduled on Monday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Hi you can make changes to your application any time before the offer is made. Once a offer is made then you can't change anything. I suggest you be truthful through out this process or your offer can be recsinded....Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tjones in Greensboro, North Carolina

60 months ago

Jack Sparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I've never seen such a thing in my entire life! I was given the job offer a couple days after my interview, I put two weeks notice in at my current full time job. I start getting 4-10 phone calls a day from A-Check (this has been going on for 4 business days). I've called and responded to all their request, but they're starting to worry me. I'm a straight edge person, but this lady is unrealistic. I've been at my current job for over a few years now, so when I filled out my work experience I guessed on my eta of employment. What a mistake.. She is calling me about a month difference from what I said to what my previous employers said! She has had me fax in my diploma because she can't find my high school. She's called my current employer 6 times and when my boss attempts to call her back, he just gets her voice mail. He's getting fed up with her calling him so much and honestly I can't blame him. I've put my two weeks notice in since I got my job offer, but now I'm concerned with all of this, espc with the way this lady is conducting herself. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? I mean, if I'm wrong on dates of employment, am I not going to get a job now?

I have a questions are they asking about why you no longer with the previous company or is they just verifying dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Raju Naidu in Hyderabad, India

4 months ago

Tjones in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I have a questions are they asking about why you no longer with the previous company or is they just verifying dates.

Can any help to understand the back ground check process verizon .. I have attended the interview. what is the process to get the offer letter? back ground check will happen after the offer letter before the offer letter?

I am just curious about. what kind of background check will be there in India?
Appreciate your reply.. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.