Background Check extremely frustrating

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Jack Sparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I've never seen such a thing in my entire life! I was given the job offer a couple days after my interview, I put two weeks notice in at my current full time job. I start getting 4-10 phone calls a day from A-Check (this has been going on for 4 business days). I've called and responded to all their request, but they're starting to worry me. I'm a straight edge person, but this lady is unrealistic. I've been at my current job for over a few years now, so when I filled out my work experience I guessed on my eta of employment. What a mistake.. She is calling me about a month difference from what I said to what my previous employers said! She has had me fax in my diploma because she can't find my high school. She's called my current employer 6 times and when my boss attempts to call her back, he just gets her voice mail. He's getting fed up with her calling him so much and honestly I can't blame him. I've put my two weeks notice in since I got my job offer, but now I'm concerned with all of this, espc with the way this lady is conducting herself. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? I mean, if I'm wrong on dates of employment, am I not going to get a job now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sentiment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

how did it go? i'm experiencing the same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Sparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

sentiment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: how did it go? i'm experiencing the same thing.

I got the job and everything went fine, but honestly, I wouldn't trust A-Check with anything, they seem to be very sketchy and very inconsistent. I got a call about two weeks after I got hired saying "You're background check is now complete and we'll see you for training". .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kimm00 in West Bloomfield, Michigan

49 months ago

I submitted my application. I forgot to add two jobs that I previously held and I just noticed it says ALL jobs for the past 7 years. Is there a way to add this to my application even though it has been submitted? I have a telephone interview scheduled on Monday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tjones in Greensboro, North Carolina

49 months ago

kimm00 in West Bloomfield, Michigan said: I submitted my application. I forgot to add two jobs that I previously held and I just noticed it says ALL jobs for the past 7 years. Is there a way to add this to my application even though it has been submitted? I have a telephone interview scheduled on Monday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Hi you can make changes to your application any time before the offer is made. Once a offer is made then you can't change anything. I suggest you be truthful through out this process or your offer can be recsinded....Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tjones in Greensboro, North Carolina

49 months ago

Jack Sparrow in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I've never seen such a thing in my entire life! I was given the job offer a couple days after my interview, I put two weeks notice in at my current full time job. I start getting 4-10 phone calls a day from A-Check (this has been going on for 4 business days). I've called and responded to all their request, but they're starting to worry me. I'm a straight edge person, but this lady is unrealistic. I've been at my current job for over a few years now, so when I filled out my work experience I guessed on my eta of employment. What a mistake.. She is calling me about a month difference from what I said to what my previous employers said! She has had me fax in my diploma because she can't find my high school. She's called my current employer 6 times and when my boss attempts to call her back, he just gets her voice mail. He's getting fed up with her calling him so much and honestly I can't blame him. I've put my two weeks notice in since I got my job offer, but now I'm concerned with all of this, espc with the way this lady is conducting herself. Can anyone assure me that this is normal? I mean, if I'm wrong on dates of employment, am I not going to get a job now?

I have a questions are they asking about why you no longer with the previous company or is they just verifying dates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.