Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

moneymaker1952 in Downey, California

52 months ago

I have a friend that just recently got offered a sales position a Verizon Wireless. He expunged his misdemeanor in theft count 2 years ago and this happened 3 years ago. Will Verizon deny him the job? Can they? Will A-check find this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Neim in New York, New York

42 months ago

Unfortunately, Yes ACheck will find out and VZW will call him regarding the matter. Now since it has been cleared, though not off his record Verizon Wireless might show mercy.
I can tell you, they are very anal about things because of their beliefs. They really mean THOROUGH background check from grades, to jobs history, to criminal background, to even professors. They have recently requested my College transcript to make sure that I was in school during a certain period. Because, I claimed to have left an employer because I needed to focus more in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nick77 in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Expungement has different means in different states. I live in California and an expungment here dismisses the case and enters a "not guilty" plea.

Recently, HireRight conducted a background check on me and didn't find any court records even though I had a recently expunged charge. Now, I don't know how different HireRight (They do checks for AT&T and T-Mobile) might be from Acheck, but the processes should be the same.

The only sure way of finding out about an expunged charge through a background check is if you're applying for a city or a government job. If they do find it, it will be labeled as "Dismissed".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

missdani2995 in Easton, Kansas

6 months ago

I just got off the phone with second interview for Verizon retail rep. And I didn't mention that I had a part-time job I didn't think it was relevant, what will happen when they pull up a background check I know my record it good but I don't want his little slip up to ruin my changes of getting this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ssssssssss in West Sacramento, California

4 months ago

I've been hearing that Verizon is very strict on background checks. I had a question regarding this as well...I received an offer and my background has concluded, but unfortunately, I missed the call from Human Resources because I was at work. It's been almost a week and I've been flooding her voicemail box, is that normal for them not to get back to you so long? I'm dying to know if I still have the job or I don't! This is nerve-wrecking!

-- in Houston, Texas

4 months ago

How long after the face to face interview does it usually take to here something back? I had a interview with VZW went great actually we did role play etc he told me he had three more people to interview and I should be hearing something from hr he said at the longest two weeks and gavee me his cell phone number I just want to know how did u guys process go for a rsr at VZW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlee in Duluth, Georgia

3 months ago

-- in Houston, Texas said: How long after the face to face interview does it usually take to here something back? I had a interview with VZW went great actually we did role play etc he told me he had three more people to interview and I should be hearing something from hr he said at the longest two weeks and gavee me his cell phone number I just want to know how did u guys process go for a rsr at VZW

I went in for the face to face on a Tuesday and got a call the following Monday notifying me that I was being offered a position. I think it varies depending on how many are interviewing and how long it takes for the interviewer to provide evaluation results to HR.

Sales king510 in Brenham, Texas

3 months ago

mlee in Duluth, Georgia said: I went in for the face to face on a Tuesday and got a call the following Monday notifying me that I was being offered a position. I think it varies depending on how many are interviewing and how long it takes for the interviewer to provide evaluation results to HR.

Lol yea I didn't get that specific position he referred me to another store interviewed last Friday got my official offer this Thursday less than a week later so yea it can move fast have to take drug test within 48 hours how do you like like it? I'm coming from att corporate

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.