Call Center Customer Service Representative - Interview process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 242)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Becca73 in Flint, Michigan

46 months ago

Goodness! But keep in mind that for whatever reason that someone loses a seat you'll be in line for that or those seats! Remember they still have to complete background checks and whatnot. Not to wish bad on the next person or anything! Thanks for the good wishes! I'll keep you posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terrance34 in Jackson, New Jersey

46 months ago

Becca73 in Flint, Michigan said: Goodness! But keep in mind that for whatever reason that someone loses a seat you'll be in line for that or those seats! Remember they still have to complete background checks and whatnot. Not to wish bad on the next person or anything! Thanks for the good wishes! I'll keep you posted!

Thanx Becca, I appreciate the kind words, oh well, knock-em dead and have fun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Becca73 in Bridgeview, Illinois

46 months ago

Thx Terrance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BPOM in Pasig, Philippines

46 months ago

hi, BPOM Here, can anyone gives some tips on how to speak english fluently and confidently?
or any cheap call center training center. i did apply once but wasnt able to pass the interview. i want to part of this organization .
im a 4 year course fresh grad.

thanks. Have a nice day.

BPOM in Quezon City, Philippines

46 months ago

hi, BPOM Here, can anyone gives some tips on how to speak english fluently and confidently?
or any cheap call center training center. i did apply once but wasnt able to pass the interview. i want to part of this organization .
im a 4 year course fresh grad.

thanks. Have a nice day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Maybe you can see what services your community can offer you for free? Go to your local workforce development agency and ask. Also look on the internet. Just some suggestions.

46 months ago

Ok I got the job! I start July 18th! They started my background check on Thursday and she called me this morning!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland

46 months ago

hey becca congrats! hOw long did it take for them to contact you after your face to face? I just had mine two days ago..nerveracking!

46 months ago

It was about a week, but that's when I e-mailed and they called the next day! That happened twice. So be assertive, you made it this far! Good luck Alyssa!

Becca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, California

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey becca congrats! hOw long did it take for them to contact you after your face to face? I just had mine two days ago..nerveracking!

Hi Alyssa, I had my face to face at the call center in Hanover about a week and a half ago. I hope your interview went well. I was wondering if you had heard from them yet? I haven't, and I'd getting a little nervous :-/

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, California

46 months ago

I had my face to face interview two Mondays ago, I haven't been contacted since... I'm getting really nervous, anybody else in the same boat?!! My training is supposed to start on July, 13th if I get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sacjobs4u in Sacramento, California

46 months ago

Don't panic!!! It sounds like you have done a good job so far in the interview process and if they are serious about finding the best applicant for these jobs then they will take a little bit of time reviewing all the applicants before they employ anyone.

Did you ask questions about the company and let them know you think Verizon is a great company to work for? It is always a good idea to show interest in the company this way you will be more successful when applying for jobs.

Good Luck and hope all goes well!
James Kavanagh
www.sacjobs4u.com

46 months ago

hey shawn I had my face to face in hanover One Monday ago! I haven't heard anything either,my recruiter said give it 7 to 10 days so idk I'm paranoid lol.have you called or anything?

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn I had my face to face in hanover One Monday ago! I haven't heard anything either,my recruiter said give it 7 to 10 days so idk I'm paranoid lol.have you called or anything?

Hey Alyssa! I called the number that I was given on that paper I got from passing my assessment. I called on Monday and today. I left messages both times. I feel paranoid too, but I'm glad that I found somebody else who is in the same boat. Hopefully we hear something soon, I really want this job. Keep in touch, let me know if you hear anything, I'll do the same!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Why don't you guys send e-mails? I sent an e-mail to the woman who sent me the first e-mail with the directions. I did it after my second interview and my third. Both times they called me the next day. Just say you're following up and how excited you are for the opportunity to interview with Verizon! I got my background screen done in like 4 days and then they called. I got pushed back to July 18th. But then after about a week she called and asked me would I like to start on June 20th? I said YES! Just be assertive, they seem to be interested in you both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn I had my face to face in hanover One Monday ago! I haven't heard anything either,my recruiter said give it 7 to 10 days so idk I'm paranoid lol.have you called or anything?

Allysa
Have you e-mailed anyone yet? It really worked for me, I promise!

46 months ago

Becca73 in Flint, Michigan said: Allysa
Have you e-mailed anyone yet? It really worked for me, I promise!

Hey, I emailed my recruiter yesterday, and she hasn't got any results yet, but she's going to forward us the results as soon as she gets them. So it should be anytime now cause it's been 10 days. Let me know if you get any emails soon!

46 months ago

Shaun I've already been hired. I went through the process in May, so I wish you guys much luck! I start Monday in the Soutuhfield, MI call center!

46 months ago

hey yea i emailed the recruiter also becca,and I am still waiting to hear along with shawn! will def keep ya posted

46 months ago

shawn is your recruiter mrs lori conte vena?

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: shawn is your recruiter mrs lori conte vena?

Yup

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: shawn is your recruiter mrs lori conte vena?

Have you heard from them yet?!

sross9889 in Detroit, Michigan

46 months ago

I have my first phone interview for Customer Service Rep @ the Southfield Location. Hope all goes well.

46 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Have you heard from them yet?!

hey shawn we should def hear something this week! don't give up yet lol

46 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn we should def hear something this week! don't give up yet lol

I REALLY HOPE SO! Today is the 10th business day, lol! Maybe today?! I've been holding off on other opportunities because I really want this one...

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: I REALLY HOPE SO! Today is the 10th business day, lol! Maybe today?! I've been holding off on other opportunities because I really want this one...

hey shawn! I spoke to teresa the recruiter and she said last time she checked,all the candidates were still under review and she will call as soon as she hears something! so I feel like were getting closer.

45 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn! I spoke to teresa the recruiter and she said last time she checked,all the candidates were still under review and she will call as soon as she hears something! so I feel like were getting closer.

Cool!

45 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn! I spoke to teresa the recruiter and she said last time she checked,all the candidates were still under review and she will call as soon as she hears something! so I feel like were getting closer.

Hey Alyssa,
Our start date would be in 3 weeks if we get this position... Im getting really nervous & a little weary :-(.

Shad d in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Im going for the call center in Columbia sc I had all 4 interviews and am still waiting for an offer me and several others went through the hiring process in april and when we contacted our recruiters they say they havent made any offers for the class yet starting July 23 anyone know what the next step will be at this center?

45 months ago

Shad d in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Im going for the call center in Columbia sc I had all 4 interviews and am still waiting for an offer me and several others went through the hiring process in april and when we contacted our recruiters they say they havent made any offers for the class yet starting July 23 anyone know what the next step will be at this center?

Shad,
Have you contacted your recruiter? Alyssa & I have gone through the process as well, and are in the same situation as you. We're all kinda hangin in limbo. Our start date would be 3 weeks away, and still I have heard nothing. Let us know how it goes for you out there in SC. Good luck to ya bud.
-Shaun

Shad d in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

Yea I called her she basically says if I havent received an e-mail yet then im still in the running same thing was told to two other people that I currently work with going for the position I really need this hope things fall into place im just going to keep praying on it.

45 months ago

Shad d in Atlanta, Georgia said: Yea I called her she basically says if I havent received an e-mail yet then im still in the running same thing was told to two other people that I currently work with going for the position I really need this hope things fall into place im just going to keep praying on it.

Right on bud, keep us informed!

Sross9889 in Detroit, Michigan

45 months ago

if you dont recieve a 2nd interview date while on the phone for the first interview. Does that mean you will get a no thanks letter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Hey Alyssa,
Our start date would be in 3 weeks if we get this position... Im getting really nervous & a little weary :-(.

I know me too shawn! any later and were not going to be able to give our jobs a two week notice! I think I'm going to call today because I need to know whether or not to look else where.

45 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: I know me too shawn! any later and were not going to be able to give our jobs a two week notice! I think I'm going to call today because I need to know whether or not to look else where.

:-(

45 months ago

Sross9889 in Detroit, Michigan said: if you dont recieve a 2nd interview date while on the phone for the first interview. Does that mean you will get a no thanks letter?

When I had my first phone interview, the kind lady invited me to come in the following week to take an assessment test. I hope you hear from them again. I'm not sure whether they will send you a letter or not. Let's hope that you won't get a letter, but instead an invite to go in for an assessment test. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: :-(

hey shawn you get any news yet?

45 months ago

Not a darn thing. You? I was told that I would get an update earlier this week, but no update.

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Not a darn thing. You? I was told that I would get an update earlier this week, but no update.

nope..smh..I don't WHAT to think!

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Not a darn thing. You? I was told that I would get an update earlier this week, but no update.

hey shawn did u get a weird call from verizon? they called me once and hung up?!

45 months ago

alyssa in Beltsville, Maryland said: hey shawn did u get a weird call from verizon? they called me once and hung up?!

Seriously? I haven't got any calls from anyone. I'm kinda in limbo right now with this Verizon position and another random job. It really bites, cause I was going to take a short trip out to California to get the rest of my stuff, but if I don't get anything within the next few weeks, I just might have to go back all-together. I'm slowly going insane. If they offered this position to me I would jump on it like nobody's business. Let me know if you get any news at all this week, good or bad. If we both get this position I'm buying you lunch.

alyssa in Norristown, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Seriously? I haven't got any calls from anyone. I'm kinda in limbo right now with this Verizon position and another random job. It really bites, cause I was going to take a short trip out to California to get the rest of my stuff, but if I don't get anything within the next few weeks, I just might have to go back all-together. I'm slowly going insane. If they offered this position to me I would jump on it like nobody's business. Let me know if you get any news at all this week, good or bad. If we both get this position I'm buying you lunch.

awe thanks for the offer shawn! did u hear anything,classes started yesterday :(

Shad_d in Huntersville, North Carolina

45 months ago

I callef my recruiter for the columbia sc position she told me the july class is full and for me to keep hope alive for the September class wow guess imma just try an atick with my current position till then

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in New Castle, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

OK, so I had my first interview with Verizon Wireless at their call center last Tuesday. I moved on to the assessment on Wednesday, passed that, then had my 2nd interview today. They told me they would call within the next week-week and a half. Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

alyssa in Halethorpe, Maryland

35 months ago

Shaun Mangal in Columbia, Maryland said: Seriously? I haven't got any calls from anyone. I'm kinda in limbo right now with this Verizon position and another random job. It really bites, cause I was going to take a short trip out to California to get the rest of my stuff, but if I don't get anything within the next few weeks, I just might have to go back all-together. I'm slowly going insane. If they offered this position to me I would jump on it like nobody's business. Let me know if you get any news at all this week, good or bad. If we both get this position I'm buying you lunch.

hey Shawn long time no talk have you ever got back in touch with verizon?

alyssa in Halethorpe, Maryland

35 months ago

Well here we go again! I was emailed for a phone interview for the customer service coordinator position in laurel Md today and it completely came out of nowhere. This is different than the customer service rep position i usually apply for though, anyone have any stories about this position or tips? i have been in a battle with verizon and have gotten so close to getting the job and then BOOM all communication just stops! Any help would be greatly appreciated..also do i still have to take that simulation test for this position?

35 months ago

alyssa in Halethorpe, Maryland said: hey Shawn long time no talk have you ever got back in touch with verizon?

Hey Alyssa! I have not heard from Verizon about the Hanover call center position that they completely wasted my time for. That was a long process of interviews and it upsets me that they didn't even give me a call to let me know that I wasn't hired. Anyhow, I'm now working for a better company than Verizon and I'm thankful for it. I wish you all the best.

JohnGalt in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Alyssa and Shaun. It was cool to follow along with your process and see an ending. I am currently waiting for A-Check to complete my background check. Not sure how long it takes to find out. It's been a week today.

phill in Girard, Ohio

32 months ago

ok have a question about the call center inteview process. I had an interview today in the warrendale center. It was with a sales manger or lead whatever thier called at verizon. all she did was ask quesitons for a interview guidebook and then write down word for word my answers. I really seemed strange to me I have been to alot of interviews and never had one like that. She also said that she had to give the infomation to anther lead how was handling the hiring. I think I did well on it and have being doing sales over the phone for years. My question is is this normal or am I wasting my time on this postion?

phill in Girard, Ohio

32 months ago

ok have a question about the call center inteview process. I had an interview today in the warrendale center. It was with a sales manger or lead whatever thier called at verizon. all she did was ask quesitons for a interview guidebook and then write down word for word my answers. I really seemed strange to me I have been to alot of interviews and never had one like that. She also said that she had to give the infomation to anther lead how was handling the hiring. I think I did well on it and have being doing sales over the phone for years. My question is is this normal or am I wasting my time on this postion?

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.