Verizon Hiring Process For Retail Sales Consultant?!?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Theatre girl in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

Has anybody worked for AT&T and Verizon? How would you compare the two (retail sales)? I just received a verbal offer from a busier AT&T store and I had my third interview with VZW today. Curious to see how people compare them...

Also, how many interviews do you typically go through? I assumed I'd go through 3. I had my preliminary phone call, my phone interview, my interview with the store manager, as well as my interview today with the assistant managers. I heard you also meet with the district manager, too? I didn't get any specific indication as to whether or not I was being heavily considered for the job because my interview today was very informal. There were no notes being taken and the assistant managers asked random questions about quotas and what makes me a great candidate for Verizon. The interview lasted maybe 10 or 15 minutes and I wasn't asked to sell anything to the managers, but I was asked about transportation, schedule availability, etc.

I guess my most important questions would definitely be around the two jobs and the comparison between AT&T and Verizon as a retail sales rep....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Theatre girl in Chicago, Illinois said: Has anybody worked for AT&T and Verizon? How would you compare the two (retail sales)? I just received a verbal offer from a busier AT&T store and I had my third interview with VZW today. Curious to see how people compare them...

Also, how many interviews do you typically go through? I assumed I'd go through 3. I had my preliminary phone call, my phone interview, my interview with the store manager, as well as my interview today with the assistant managers. I heard you also meet with the district manager, too? I didn't get any specific indication as to whether or not I was being heavily considered for the job because my interview today was very informal. There were no notes being taken and the assistant managers asked random questions about quotas and what makes me a great candidate for Verizon. The interview lasted maybe 10 or 15 minutes and I wasn't asked to sell anything to the managers, but I was asked about transportation, schedule availability, etc.

I guess my most important questions would definitely be around the two jobs and the comparison between AT&T and Verizon as a retail sales rep....

Hi. I currently work for AT&T as a Retail Sales Consultant. The hiring process for me took almost 2 months due to them hiring me at a specific location then transferring me due to a last minute internal transfer. I'm actually looking to get out and go to Verizon not because of the job, but because AT&T is part of a Union and I don't agree with the rules that they set.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Which rules did you dislike the most?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Have you looked into how discounts and benefits compare? I am pretty familiar with Verizon's, but what kind of discounts do you get on mobile phones and Uverse for yourself, family, and your home? I think ATT has better part time benefits from what I've heard and I'm not sure if you are full or part time.

When you say that you can be written up when sales goals aren't reached even though you can't sell yourself are you included in the headcount and can you help peers sell to avoid that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robet in Texarkana, Texas

24 months ago

Hey guys watch this one. Yeah there are some company stores (esp with AT&T) but most of the VZW and other brands may say Verizon. T-Mobile or whomever on the facade of the building but more often than not it is a reseller such as Russell Cellular,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bill in Rockford, Illinois

23 months ago

VZW by far better. Worked for VZW for 5 years and i am now a ASM at ATT.. I miss VZW and plan on going back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Detroit, Michigan

23 months ago

Hello all. So today I had my phone interview for Verizon as a sales rep. At the end of the interview i was informed that i was being passed on to the store manager for a face to face interview. Does anybody know how long this process takes and if its a good sign that i passed the phobe interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John in Upper Sandusky, Ohio

23 months ago

Can anybody give me any info on the hiring process. I recently had a phone interview and was quickly scheduled after to have a face to face interview with the store manager. How many interviews are there and will i find out after this dace to face if i have the job or not. Any advice woukd be great

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

So with Verizon you will have an phone interview with HR first. If they say they will send your info to the Store Manager it is usually a good sign. Then you will have an interview with the Assistant Store Managers which might be a few weeks after the phone interview (like mine). If the ASM like you then you will have a 3rd interview with the Store Manager. I got called 2 days after my interview with the Store Manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Pitman, New Jersey

22 months ago

Had my interview today with both the store manager and one of thr assistant managers. After, they said i would hear back from HR. Is that good and how long estimated time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri

22 months ago

At the beginning of February, I applied for a Retail Sales Consultant position. 2 days later, I responded to an E-mail from a recruiter requesting that I contact her to schedule a phone interview. On 2/6/13, the interview was successfully completed, a person-to-person interview was scheduled the following week, and the recruiter informed me that she wanted me to call her after the second interview had transpired, because she wanted to rush me through the process. On 2/12/13, I had a face-to-face interview with 5 different store managers in the area, who questioned me on several key retail elements, my opinion on each, and what behaviors I would enact in response to them. After that had concluded, I called the recruiter back, who told me that she would contact me at the beginning of the next week when she had received a verdict about my eligibility.

I've E-mail the recruiter and also called her to see what my current status was. Last week, she told me that she hadn't received a notification from the panel about me or the other individuals who were interviewed in my area. She told me she'd send the division a message inquiring about what they had decided, and couldn't proceed until she had been notified. The Midwest recently was blasted by two snow-storms, and I told her this might have had an effect on the decision-making process.

It is now 3/1/13, and I have yet to hear from her. I'm going to wait until the beginning of next week to contact her again, to see if I can get some kind of update. Has anyone else had to wait this long in order to find out if they've been hired or received some kind of offer for employment from Verizon? What is the estimated amount of time one should have to wait for the hiring process to be completed?

22 months ago

At the beginning of February, I applied for a Retail Sales Consultant position. 2 days later, I responded to an E-mail from a recruiter requesting that I contact her to schedule a phone interview. On 2/6/13, the interview was successfully completed, a person-to-person interview was scheduled the following week, and the recruiter informed me that she wanted me to call her after the second interview had transpired, because she wanted to rush me through the process. On 2/12/13, I had a face-to-face interview with 5 different store managers in the area, who questioned me on several key retail elements, my opinion on each, and what behaviors I would enact in response to them. After that had concluded, I called the recruiter back, who told me that she would contact me at the beginning of the next week when she had received a verdict about my eligibility.

I've E-mail the recruiter and also called her to see what my current status was. Last week, she told me that she hadn't received a notification from the panel about me or the other individuals who were interviewed in my area. She told me she'd send the division a message inquiring about what they had decided, and couldn't proceed until she had been notified. The Midwest recently was blasted by two snow-storms, and I told her this might have had an effect on the decision-making process.

It is now 3/1/13, and I have yet to hear from her. I'm going to wait until the beginning of next week to contact her again, to see if I can get some kind of update. Has anyone else had to wait this long in order to find out if they've been hired or received some kind of offer for employment from Verizon? What is the estimated amount of time one should have to wait for the hiring process to be completed?

Richard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

Me too. This upcoming monday will be 4 weeks ago that I had my face to face interview. Called HR and store manager multiple times asking whst the status was and keep getting the run around like oh well call you back and this and that..don't know about this company anymore

comebackkidd lewis in detroit, Michigan

21 months ago

It takes about 2months hope that helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Williamsport, Pennsylvania

21 months ago

comebackkidd lewis in detroit, Michigan said: It takes about 2months hope that helps

So is it a good sign if haven't heard anything back yet? Only thing I've heard from store manager was still being considered. Don't know if not hearing anything for this long is good or bad.

21 months ago

It looks like the "Old School Approach" works here. I'm happy to say that I was able to find out SOMETHING about what was going on!

Since I hadn't heard anything from the recruiter, I contacted one of the store managers who was on the panel of 5 SM's that I interviewed with the second time. I provided my inquiry, and he informed me that he would call his DM to find out what my current status was. He called back to inform me that, due to the recent snow storms in the area, there were still openings that were waiting to be filled, and that I may receive a call from HR in the next 1-2 weeks.

Apparently, it seems that in order to find out some kind of information, the candidate has to do the leg-work since there are so many other individuals that the recruiters have to keep in mind. No worries though, because this actually shows the employer the potential hiree cares about wanting to work for said company (i.e., Verizon), and it's highly noticeable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Richard in Williamsport, Pennsylvania said: So is it a good sign if haven't heard anything back yet? Only thing I've heard from store manager was still being considered. Don't know if not hearing anything for this long is good or bad.

Yea its good... just treat them like you you are trying to get a new client just follow up let them know that u seill want the job. follow up ever week or two weeks just drop them a line they are slow good luck man u got the job. Sorry for the delay

21 months ago

*UPDATE*

Well, I haven't heard anything from the Verizon Human Resources department yet, however I did encounter a strange outcome this morning:

After applying for more positions, the same recruiter who I originally conversed with for the hiring process sent me an E-mail for one of the new openings that I had recently submitted to online. I attempted to call her back earlier this morning, but was only able to reach her voicemail (I'm assuming that the was preoccupied with sending out other informational E-mails to would-be candidates, inviting them to partake in the first step of the hiring process).

I wanted to inform her that I had already completed two interviews (one with her over the phone, and a second in front of a panel of 5 store managers in the area), but hadn't received any feedback on what my current status was. Furthermore, I aim to provide to her the information that was given to me by one of the SM's that interviewed me, to see if she had any current news on my hiring process - and if I'm still considered.

It's 11:15 am CST, and, since the recruiting office is in Ohio (EST), I'm thinking about waiting until later on this afternoon when she isn't busy with applications, to try calling her again.

Again, I'm perplexed. From what I've read above, the hiring process is lengthy, and patience is a must. However, how often have any of you received informational, introductory E-mails about the job you've applied for, when in fact you've already completed 75% of the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri said: *UPDATE*

Well, I haven't heard anything from the Verizon Human Resources department yet, however I did encounter a strange outcome this morning:

After applying for more positions, the same recruiter who I originally conversed with for the hiring process sent me an E-mail for one of the new openings that I had recently submitted to online. I attempted to call her back earlier this morning, but was only able to reach her voicemail (I'm assuming that the was preoccupied with sending out other informational E-mails to would-be candidates, inviting them to partake in the first step of the hiring process).

I wanted to inform her that I had already completed two interviews (one with her over the phone, and a second in front of a panel of 5 store managers in the area), but hadn't received any feedback on what my current status was. Furthermore, I aim to provide to her the information that was given to me by one of the SM's that interviewed me, to see if she had any current news on my hiring process - and if I'm still considered.

It's 11:15 am CST, and, since the recruiting office is in Ohio (EST), I'm thinking about waiting until later on this afternoon when she isn't busy with applications, to try calling her again.

Again, I'm perplexed. From what I've read above, the hiring process is lengthy, and patience is a must. However, how often have any of you received informational, introductory E-mails about the job you've applied for, when in fact you've already completed 75% of the process?

I have. The location that I wanted contacted me second. but I was already in the pocess so I just went with the first one. What I did was called but I also emailed to let them know. its a good sign that u will get this job. Also you have to understand that they are trying to fill the othe position so all of u can go to class

21 months ago

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri said: *UPDATE*

and who did you speak with a lady named ms Whitehead

21 months ago

comebackkidd lewis:

I contacted the recruiter, Ms. Augustine, and she informed me that an automated E-mail was sent for the new position(s) that I had recently applied for. She said she would call me back because she has yet to be informed about anything that has transpired with the hiring process.

When I mentioned that I hadn't received the "Thanks but NO Thanks" letter, she confirmed that it was a very good chance I was still being considered for one of the positions.

So, it's 11:31 PM CST on a Sunday night, and with the new business week commencing tomorrow, I can only hope that I receive an acceptance call. We got blasted again by snow (yay), and since it only happened over the weekend, that shouldn't have caused a disruption in any decision-making processes for acquiring new talent. One can only hope, though...

21 months ago

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri said: comebackkidd lewis:

I contacted the recruiter, Ms. Augustine, and she informed me that an automated E-mail was sent for the new position(s) that I had recently applied for. She said she would call me back because she has yet to be informed about anything that has transpired with the hiring process.

When I mentioned that I hadn't received the "Thanks but NO Thanks" letter, she confirmed that it was a very good chance I was still being considered for one of the positions.

So, it's 11:31 PM CST on a Sunday night, and with the new business week commencing tomorrow, I can only hope that I receive an acceptance call. We got blasted again by snow (yay), and since it only happened over the weekend, that shouldn't have caused a disruption in any decision-making processes for acquiring new talent. One can only hope, though...

Good Stuff... Now you have to pray To God To stop the snow smile :-) keep your sprit up! But also move on if you focuse on it u will worry your self. Deaf.

21 months ago

I received a call from the recruiter, and she informed me that the the company was "Not Moving Forward". I questioned why such a decision was made, and all she could say was that it had stated the above phrase. She also wondered why the outcome was of this nature. I told her that the initial interview with her went great, and the second interview in front of the panel of SM's was equally as beneficial. Furthermore, I stated to her that with my age, college education, and extensive expertise in the retail industry, what is preventing me from selling phones for Verizon? After noting my reasons, my recruiter requested that I send her a timeline that approximated how long I had waited to receive a decision, and I sent her one two days ago, with my resume re-attached for her records. She said that she would call me back, but I have yet to hear from her.

Curiously, I applied to other retail sales positions within the area, and I have scheduled a phone interview to take place tomorrow afternoon with a different recruiter. Should I inform her that I've already been through the hiring process before with someone else, see what transpires, or should I just complete the interview anyways?

I have never encountered this much confusion with a company in order to try and become hired in the retail industry ever. Has anyone else experienced this, too?

21 months ago

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri said: I received a call from the recruiter, and she informed me that the the company was "Not Moving Forward". I questioned why such a decision was made, and all she could say was that it had stated the above phrase. She also wondered why the outcome was of this nature. I told her that the initial interview with her went great, and the second interview in front of the panel of SM's was equally as beneficial. Furthermore, I stated to her that with my age, college education, and extensive expertise in the retail industry, what is preventing me from selling phones for Verizon? After noting my reasons, my recruiter requested that I send her a timeline that approximated how long I had waited to receive a decision, and I sent her one two days ago, with my resume re-attached for her records. She said that she would call me back, but I have yet to hear from her.

Curiously, I applied to other retail sales positions within the area, and I have scheduled a phone interview to take place tomorrow afternoon with a different recruiter. Should I inform her that I've already been through the hiring process before with someone else, see what transpires, or should I just complete the interview anyways?

I have never encountered this much confusion with a company in order to try and become hired in the retail industry ever. Has anyone else experienced this, too?

I never had that happen... it looks like they are still on your side. When you have your phone interview they will have ask if you interview before then that's when you answer

KyleATM in Tyler, Texas

19 months ago

Eric in Kansas City, Missouri said: I received a call from the recruiter, and she informed me that the the company was "Not Moving Forward". I questioned why such a decision was made, and all she could say was that it had stated the above phrase. She also wondered why the outcome was of this nature. I told her that the initial interview with her went great, and the second interview in front of the panel of SM's was equally as beneficial. Furthermore, I stated to her that with my age, college education , and extensive expertise in the retail industry, what is preventing me from selling phones for Verizon? After noting my reasons, my recruiter requested that I send her a timeline that approximated how long I had waited to receive a decision, and I sent her one two days ago, with my resume re-attached for her records. She said that she would call me back, but I have yet to hear from her.

Eric, anything new? Im in the same boat. Never got offered. I ask if I could interview at other stores. The recruiter responded by saying not at this time since Im still a candidate for future openings. Lately, I can get my recruiter to call me or email me back. Im thinking of trying a different state with a different recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

I have decided not to pursue any further openings with either Verizon or any of its competitors.

VZW informed me that I wasn't selected because they found "other candidates who had more experience and education" than what I held. Odd, I thought 16 years of retail experience (8 of which were devoted to retail management) and a Business degree would be sufficient enough to sell cellular phones to the general public/interested customers curious about acquiring the latest in cell phone technology. According to Verizon, I don't. When I questioned them why, they couldn't provide a respectable answer except the same as before: "We're sorry, but we found other candidates with more experience and education."

So, I've opted to go back to school this fall and pursue a Masters of Education in order to become a teacher. As far as I'm concerned, Verizon Wireless lost out on a great acquisition, and, I've heard other stories from old employees that I lucked-out due to them being cheap. Oh well.

Nevertheless, if you're still pursuing a career with VZW, I wish you the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cris M. in San Diego, California

16 months ago

They probably found better candidates based on sales potential. I doubt they found more lengthy experience or education, I'm sure though, if there were candidates with sales experience in the cell phone industry, they would prefer them. Verizon is the best cell phone company to work for, with AT&T second. Some people can sell some people can't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Purple-ru in Clayton, North Carolina

15 months ago

I have a phone interview for a verizon sales rep position scheduled for tomorrow with a recruiter. Im alittle nervous. I heared some say the process is long in some states but in others its not as long.. Is that a fact? Anyone knows about the process in NC? Are the recruiters assigned to only a certain store or a certain area? Im trying to figure to figure out if i dont get selected for this store would i be asked to go to another store since theres several open positions in my area.

Johnny in Peoria, Arizona

8 months ago

So there was a job fair at my school, Arizona State University, and Verizon was there. I had recently quit my job at Sprint Corp. to look for part-time work; I only worked at Sprint for 7 months. I stopped by the Verizon booth to inquire about part-time work and they had positions available. I talk with them a bit, gave them my resume and I asked for an interview during the job fair. They said they couldn't do the interview on the spot but told me to apply for a position that evening and they would call me the next day. I was called the next day by an HR rep and and scheduled a phone interview the next day. The next day I had my first interview which lasted about one hour; I passed and had my second interview the next day. I was told I passed the second interview and would get the third and final interview with the store and district manager. I would say it took about one month to schedule the third interview; I had to contact the HR rep several times before I got the third interview. The third interview was with three store managers, the district manager and a HR rep. After the interview I was told it went well and I would hear back in 2-3 days with a decision. Two days after the interview I received the verbal offer contingent on background check and urine screening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Garv3 in Marthasville, Missouri

6 months ago

I am not sure how to start a new forum but I hope someone can help me. I happened at verizon about a month ago and right away received an email to take an assessment test and fill out a questionnaire. A few days later I received a call to have a face to face interview, which was 3 weeks ago. The interview went very well and they loved the fact that I am bilingual. I am very positive about it. I haven't heard anything back since then so I decided to call yesterday to see if the position was still available and if I was being considered. I talk to a lady that interviewed me and she told me that they did hire somebody and they sent out emails to the people who didn't get the position, but I didn't receive anything. She said they are still looking for another person and gave me the number of the other guy that interviewed me with her and to ask him because he's in charge of it. I called him and I didn't get an answer and his phone is set up to not receive voicemails. I really want this job and I am still hoping that I get it. I am not sure if maybe he's waiting for me to finish school in 3 weeks? Should I call him again today and see if he answers or should I wait?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.