Verizon Wireless Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 693)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Verizon Wireless?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

anthony in Burlington, New Jersey

84 months ago

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: The interview was good. They ask all kind of questions and put you on the phones with different people from the company, some are nice some are rude. They just want to know how you will respond. They all get together and then make a decision. Problem is when you pass everything they expect you to start when and where they want. The time frames they post and the start date just don't add up. The only way you will get a job with verizon is if you are unemployed and start A.S.A.P.

i had 3 interviews and no offer!! how long does it take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (68) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Anthony did that help you out any more questions just ask, they put me through the paces for that job offer. They seem to think that they are the best company in the world to work for.They made it seem like they were doing me a favor hiring me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

anthony in Burlington, New Jersey

84 months ago

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: Anthony did that help you out any more questions just ask, they put me through the paces for that job offer. They seem to think that they are the best company in the world to work for.They made it seem like they were doing me a favor hiring me.

Wow I followed up once after 2 weeks,The guy said I'll call you THE HR DEPARTMENT IS HAMMERING AWAY.I waited another week and left him another message I still havent heard back! These guys are crazy lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

anthony in Burlington, New Jersey said: Wow I followed up once after 2 weeks,The guy said I'll call you THE HR DEPARTMENT IS HAMMERING AWAY.I waited another week and left him another message I still havent heard back! These guys are crazy lol.

I don't know how it is in Jersey but in Houston the HR dept can take forever. I worked for the company for over 2 1/2yrs and when I applied I had to keep on there tails about HR not calling me. The manager told me he was waiting on HR to make me my offer so he had to keep calling them. Good Luck. I did have a good time working for a manager but as others say they have very high expectations of there employees. They pay well and have awsome benifets so if you are willing to put up with it good luck. The only reason I quit was to get out of retail hours. I did not see my kids enough!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

former NYS employee in Saint Louis, Missouri

83 months ago

In my case, I was "thrown" under the bus one too many times plus went up against my district manager through the proper channels...well, it backfired...I got "fired" for the most ridiculous reason in the world...however, they didn't fight my unemployment because they knew that they were wrong!!!!! Where I worked was no fun anyways!!!!! They put 1.8 million $$$$ into the store and it was a waste!!!!! Unfortunately, I made good money as a CSR!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Li in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

I applied in Houston, TX on 6/17/07 they called on 6/19/07. I missed the call and they didn’t call back. Good thing I know a couple people who work there. I tracked down a name and number to the Houston location and left a message for the recruiter, she still didn’t call back. I was finally able to reach her 6/21/07. I went or testing 6/22/07 and passed. This earned me a ticket to an interview on 7/25/07. If selected I will be working in the customer service call center. I know I will nail the interview; the position will start 7/16/07. So far this has been pretty painless. Does anyone know if they really only conduct a 7 year background check? I have something that's more that 10 years old and I'm wondering if this will affect me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I had an interview in Pa. I told them about my criminal record good thing, they checked and everything I said they had found. If you don't then you risk the possibality of getting fired after you get hired. I passed on the job because after testing they wanted me to fly to Pittsburgh and start training ASAP. It didn't work with my schedule. Any more questions just email a comment back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Li in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

On the application it inquired about any activity within the last 7 years, my activity is more than 10 years old so I said no. Should I bring it up in the interview anyway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Li in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

Ok thanks. I just came back from my interview and I didnt mention it. I don't think it will be relevant in the call center since I won't be handling any money or merchandise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

HR in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

With all of your comments about your "history" and fear of them doing thorough background checks, no wonder it takes them so long to process applicants. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. Just from what I have read here Li in Houston and Chris in Wilkes Barre are two VERY BIG red flags. Sounds like attitudes abound !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Hawley, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I think you have the attitude! A couple choice words for you can't be expressed here. Look I had no problem with the interview and did disclose my DUI and was offered the position. So next time read all the info. Somebody asked me a question about disclosing the information and I told him he should, because they would find out anyway. So HR in Pittsburgh if you have any more of your comments bring them on and next time know your facts before you start writing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Ree

81 months ago

Newly hired in Newark, Ohio said: It took a while to get through the interview process, but they were very cordial. They told me that they have orientation on the first and third Monday of each month, and let me pick when to start. So, I was able to give my current job a 4 week notice and just started with Verizon. The benefits are the best I've ever seen and that includes government work. So far, this place is awesome and has exceded my expectations. Course, I'm not in retail, I know that's a different beast anywhere. Considering the poor grammer and spelling of the ones grumbling, I take what they say with a grain of salt.

FYI it's not spelled "grammEr" it's spelled with an A - "grammAr"

If you're going to criticize people for they're spelling, make sure you're not a bad speller as well. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Ree

81 months ago

Ree said: FYI it's not spelled "grammEr" it's spelled with an A - "grammAr"

If you're going to criticize people for they're spelling, make sure you're not a bad speller as well. =)

oops I meant "their** spelling" LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Quioxte in Arena, Wisconsin

80 months ago

Sorry folks... but unless you really want to work for a company who treats its' own like indentured servants, I think you're wasting your time with the V. I gave them two and a half years of my work life and I ran away screaming (resigned, found a better position for me). Besides; [Edited by Host] <inappropriate language deleted>
Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Career in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I feel they treat their employees way too fair...almost to the point of weakening their ability to run a business. They are more than fair to minorities !!! More than fair - enough said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

Anyone in the Chicago Area might want to try a company that helped me and a few of my co-workers get great jobs!!! They treated us very well. Most agencies treat you like a number because they have quotas and the all mighty dollar is what they look for. It's horrible when you are not treated right.

Try Strategic Talent in the Chicago area. They were very nice to me and treated me excellent.

This is the email of the recruiter that we all used.She was great to work with.

hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com Her name is Jeanna.

Send your resume and what kind of job you want.

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

kcz421 in California

79 months ago

As far as interview questions, think about problem-solving situations, and use real situations to draw from. Don't be generic. They ask fairly standard questions like "Give me a time when a customer came to you and was extremely upset but you were able to calm them down" (because you'll deal with that in the store, like any retail environment) - just realize the customer isn't angry at YOU, you're just there for them to vent to.
I have a lot of retail and customer service experience, so I was able to answer their questions without faltering.
The benefits are pretty darn good even for part-timers: tuition reimbursement, school books paid for, paid training, hotel paid for (if you have to stay at one during the training period), food, mileage, bridge tolls, all reimbursed within a few times that you submit your expense reports. (And you can submit that during training)
I had my phone interview late July (I want to say the 25th or something), my in-person interview August 3rd, was hired the 6th or 7th, and started the "classroom" training on the 22nd and started in the store September 17th. The classroom training is a LOT of information. It's staggering. I brought home 4 or 5 binders worth of reference materials, I kid you not.
It's a good company to work for. 'course I've only been here 2 months, including classroom training, so I'm not jaded or bitter yet, haha.
Just be aware, it's more information to process than you think you're ready for. And then you go into the store environment and it's a whole new ballgame.
p.s... if you want full time but are offered part-time, take it. That's what I did and I haven't worked less than 40 hours a week yet.
Hope this helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

VZWFormerEmployee in Bedminster, New Jersey

77 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Verizon Wireless?

Utilize the STAR method in your interview. That means when asked scenario questions summarize the issue, advise what you did, then explain the outcome.

EX Q: Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult employee.

EX A:

ex Problem: I was working with Mary and I noticed she had been frustrated with new systems. Mary had been out of the office for a while.

ex What I did: I was utilizing systems that Mary was familiar with and used the new system. I went to my supervisor and offered to handle Mary's customers if she would take on customers I was supporting that were housed in the system she was familiar with.

Ex Outcome: The outcome was Mary and I were able to support out customers without impacting the customer experience. This also allowed more time for Mary to ramp up her new system skills.

Also, mention that you are a team player and that if you don't know the answer you look for it.

Hope this helps! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hughch8 in Sandy, Utah

66 months ago

seck in Los Angeles, California said: I got a call from verizon after 2 months from the interview that they wanted to hire me on contigent bases. i had to pass the drug test which i know i pass and the background test. on my resume i put that i worked at radio shack 2002 but acheck saw that the last time i worked there was in 2003. I explain to them that i was working there on and off, the guy said it was ok. i want to know how long after does it take for HR to call you after the background check is complete to let you know if you are hired or not? i am suppose to start thursday.

In the interview process, they were extremly explicit on having all the dates on your application correct or it could cause you to be disqualified. The best course of action would be to call Acheck to see if everything is ok. It took them about 8 days to process my background check, and I have no previous record so they take that job seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BNR in Avenel, New Jersey

65 months ago

I have passed the phone interview,they have scheduled me for a technical evluation and i dont know what to expect.Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

seck in Los Angeles, California said: Well make sure you answer all there questions and sit straight and forward. Ask questions at the end and when they ask your long term make sure it includes verizon wireless, they want to know if you are planning in staying with the company. Its a great company and i wish you the best, please let me what happens after the interview.

Thanks.Do u have any idea what are they looking for on the technical side ,I mean what level of computer and language skills (spellings and stuff).And if I pass this whats going to be the next step?
I will definitely let you know the outcome :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

seck in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

Well i really dont know about the tech side, because i am a retail sales representative. I believe after the evalution they will tell you if you pass and if you do they might give another interview. Just have a great time and stay natural and hope for the best. Do some online research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

seck in Los Angeles, California said: Well i really dont know about the tech side, because i am a retail sales representative. I believe after the evalution they will tell you if you pass and if you do they might give another interview. Just have a great time and stay natural and hope for the best. Do some online research.

I have passed the technical assesment.It was basically a test of my customer service skills,the test consisted on several parts some of it was timed.In the timed part they basically test your typing speed plus they evaluate how accurately and efficiently you process the information given to you on the phone by different people speaking in different accents.
I am schedualed for the 3rd interview, this time face to face in a few days any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

osa in NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey

64 months ago

what is the interview process like in cablevision for a customer service rep position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RetaiL Leadership in Geneva, Illinois

63 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Verizon Wireless?

I just had a phone screening interview for their RetaiL Leadership Program, here are the questions

How much are / were you making ? Are you telling the truth?

Why did you live your last job, what are these gaps?

What were your responsibilities at your current/last job

When was a time that you motivated your team which resulted a great success.

Learned a skill somewhere and applied it somewhere else

Tell me a project that involved diversity and the positive effects of it

How do you think you sell better than others? What is your tecnique?

When did you involve others in a decision making and why?

Ther interviewer was very mean and not very understanding,

I kindly asked if we pass the question and come back later to it.

He said, "no! this is it"

He also wanted the answers very short, yes or no

And finally he told me that this screening was for a position they expect to hire in June. It is freaking February. What do they expect? ; waiting for them however long as my lover?

My educational and work experience I believe is way more than the interviewer on the phone yet He acts like his job is try to NOT to hire people

They have to change the attitude and tell the expected hiring date on the job info not after the first interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MCF in Reading, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

You have to get one thing straight. Verizon Wireless and Verizon are different environments. VZW is not even wholly owned by VZ. VZW is partenership between VZ and Vodafone with VZ holding a controlling share. VZW is very flexible and dynamic and is structured to reward performance very well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MCF in Reading, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

oO___Oo Smiley in Buffalo, New York said: Thanks cdfl! That is helpful. Seems like there are many rounds!

I am going to have interview for the similar position. I am just wondering what kind of questions they will ask? (As you said, there is a book of questions). By the way, did the company reimburse on the trip expense? My outside recruiter said they don't. Make me so sad. =(

I don't know of any companies that reimburse you for expenses to the interview. I had to drive 2 hours to my 3rd interview and nothing was reimbursed. I also never reimbursed anyone who interviewed with me at VZW. You can expect to get technical questions about the job you are interviewing for. Programmers may have to write some code. You also can expect behavioral questions like "tell us about a time you had to handle a phone call with an irate person" and you should give a clear expample of how you did it. Don't just retate policy from you old company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kcz421 in California

58 months ago

I posted about 20 months ago; I have sort of an update and a different perspective to put on things.
I'm still currently employed with VZW, and am actually at the point where I want to transition in the company, to a call center position. (Much as I love retail *cough*)
To give you an idea of how quickly my process is being handled this time...
I applied for a call center position on May 19th, the HR folks evaluated my resume and sent an email to my store manager regarding my position and history, with that email form due back to HR by June 9th. (my manager sent it back on the 6th)
The following week, they made two attempts to call my manager, both times he was in meetings and couldn't take the calls. He has called them back three times now and has not heard back from them.
There was a second position that went up in early June, so I applied for that one as well, as a just-in-case kind of thing.
Some people in HR are kind of useless. And yes, that's a broad statement, but anyone who has ever dealt with HR knows that. On the same token, HR does have a lot to do, a lot of voicemails and emails to sift through, so it's just a waiting game right now.
I just hope to hear from them soon, since I would be moving about 2 hours away from where I live now and (hopefully) will need to start looking for a place to live up there.
VZW looooves their meetings. Director meetings, weekly store staff meetings, 5 a.m. conference call meetings (if sales staff isn't meeting their numbers), data meetings, metrics meetings, survey score meetings...
By the way, hiring managers wants to hire career-minded people, keep that in mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Josephus in Richmond, Virginia

58 months ago

I can honestly say that the hiring process for Verizon Wireless has been a long and grueling process. I will also say that I believe it will be well worth it when I am hired. I have done a phone interview a 1:1 with the assistant manager, a 1:1 with the manager, and now I have to go to the store tomorrow and observe for and hour and answer questions about what I saw. The whole process has been three weeks in the making. I am wondering what to expect when I go in for this observation tomorrow. I have never had to do this as part of the hiring process anywhere else I have work. The position I am going for is Retail Sales Rep. Can anyone help with what I am to expect... Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rachell grant in Sacramento, California

58 months ago

After 2 phone interviews, an assesment test, and one face to face interview that went "ok" the girl said "well call you" so I'm guessing that means I didn't get it. This was for a csr job in Sacramento, ca. I felt good about it all until today. Does anyone know if they might call? I know training starts at the end of the month. So I'm feeling like it isn't gonna happen. Its a rough road getting a positin in the call center thats for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

kcz421 in California

57 months ago

Rachell grant in Sacramento, California said: After 2 phone interviews, an assesment test, and one face to face interview that went "ok" the girl said "well call you" so I'm guessing that means I didn't get it. This was for a csr job in Sacramento, ca. I felt good about it all until today. Does anyone know if they might call? I know training starts at the end of the month. So I'm feeling like it isn't gonna happen. Its a rough road getting a positin in the call center thats for sure.

They are still in the process of interviews. Did you get the email address of people who interviewed you? Follow up with them, thank-you notes are always good. :)

57 months ago

I got the job as a RSR with Verizon after a month and a half of interviewing and a background check. They sent out my final offer in the mail and I go to training on Monday. The background check was rather painless, they call your old job references and schools to make sure everything matches up, then you go for your drug test and they give you 48 hours to do it so that's nice. I was actually out of the state where I will be working and they even found me a place to take my drug screening in the state I was in. The process of getting hired is long, it is also well worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Rachell grant in Sacramento, California said: After 2 phone interviews, an assesment test, and one face to face interview that went "ok" the girl said "well call you" so I'm guessing that means I didn't get it. This was for a csr job in Sacramento, ca. I felt good about it all until today. Does anyone know if they might call? I know training starts at the end of the month. So I'm feeling like it isn't gonna happen. Its a rough road getting a positin in the call center thats for sure.

They are still interviewing. kcz421 is right, that is what I was told for my RSR position. Following up with an email or call is a big thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Turner in Murfreesboro, Arkansas

57 months ago

It sounds like alot of you are having trouble with patience. My hiring experience can combine several of the issues alot of you had but can still be looked at as positive experience. With the internet being the application hub for most any company, it takes time to sort through the bad apples; its not like it used to be where you applied for a job on Friday and went to work on Monday. I was initially contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview, once the date and time was set, she called promptly when she said she would. I was told in the phone interview that I would be contacted by a certain date by the store manager to set up a face to face interview. Within 3 working days I was contacted by the store manager and was all set for an interview 2 days later. I went for my interview that was brief but well constructed with just the two of us. I was told when it was over that he would call me either way within 5 working days. He did call back as he said he would and offered me a second interview. The twist is that this second interview (unknown to me at the time) was set up so a store manager from another location could visit with me on the phone. Within a few days, I was contacted by an HR representative and offered a job, at the OTHER location. I had some discrepancies in my previous employment dates and I was forthcoming before the check was complete and there was no problem since I was HONEST about what had happened. My background check was complete in 5 days (as I had been told) and I got the green light on the 6th day (also as I had been told I would).

I have dealt with several recruiters during this process and each have returned calls and done just as they said they would in each case. If I had to complain, I wouldn’t do it because at least you have a job! Suck it up and be happy, no job is perfect. It’s a blessing that you're getting a green light and not a pink slip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rachell grant in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

I attempted to post this yesterday but I guess it never went through..so I’ll try it again. A couple days after the first face to face interview I received the "no thanks, but thanks” email from Verizon, and after thinking about it for a while and playing the interview over and over in my head, they made the right decision. Before interviewing I had read numerous reviews about the position and Verizon as a company. Of course the paycheck and benefits would have been amazing, but the job would have been far too much stress for what it is. Everything happens for a reason and I’m going to move forward with my job and leave it at that. Thanks to everyone who replied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rawblue in Norfolk, Virginia

57 months ago

Yes my Interview process was VERY long.
1) Recruiter calls me to do a pre-interview (phone interview).
2) Recruiter schedule me for assessment test (which I passed)
3) Another interview with recruiter (phone interview)
4) Interview with CSR Supervisor (successfully passed)
5) Last interview will be with Associate Director.

Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting the job since I've made it down to the Associate Director's interview??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Rawblue in Norfolk, Virginia said: Yes my Interview process was VERY long.
1) Recruiter calls me to do a pre-interview (phone interview).
2) Recruiter schedule me for assessment test (which I passed)
3) Another interview with recruiter (phone interview)
4) Interview with CSR Supervisor (successfully passed)
5) Last interview will be with Associate Director.

Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting the job since I've made it down to the Associate Director's interview??

You have made it further than most when you get to this point. You have a great shot; usually by now they have narrowed it down to a select few. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GeoBA in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

57 months ago

former NYS employee in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Don't ever complain about management!!!!! Even if you go through the proper channels, they say that you lie and then make up an excuse (that's a total lie) to "fire" you!!!!!! Thought that this company was great to work for...but the joke was on me!!!!!!! They discriminate "big time."

That's not unique to VZW. I had the exact same experience with another a big company. Given that (IMHO) virtually every company does that, I'm not sure you can use it in making a decision about VZW. Welcome to the club if this has happened to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

coqui04 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

56 months ago

kaykay1 in Rochester, New York said: Yes. Retail sales is a actual position. I just got a call to do a on the phone interview after applying for 2 years.So don't give up

Thanks for reassuring that..i might as well just move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kaykay1 in Rochester, New York

56 months ago

Don't dare give up if Verizon is really where u want to work. The benifits are great as well as the pay. Just Post your resume' (a fresh resume') on all of the job boards (monsters, career builders etc.} And keep applying everytime you see an opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Something that helped me out when I applied was referencing a current employee on the application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kdorn in Salem, Alabama

55 months ago

I have had a horrble and disappointing experience with Verizon Wireless. I've read through and seen complaints etc..but I dont think I saw this one... I received a phone call a few weeks ago from a recruiter. She scheduled a phone interivew with me for the following day at 11 AM. Well, next day...11 AM rolls around and no phone call. She and I are on different time zones so I said maybe we didnt clarify time zones? I waited and waited and waited. I had actually called in to my current employer and told her about my interview and asked if it'd be okay if I came in later than scheduled. She, being an understanding manager, obliged. So, I continued waiting and never received a call. I finally attempted to call the recrutier myself and she never answered. I left a voicemail and heard nothing back that day or the next. It was then the weekend so I did not want to bother her on her days off, so Monday morning I called the recruiter again and left her yet another voicemail. I still have heard nothing from her whatsoever. I can NOT believe how I was handled. Verizon is not some tiny company where slip ups in HR might be expected...these are trained, well paid,professional people and I just am still in shock that I was blown off. The job is still open, I still EXCEED the minimum requirements, and still no word from the recruiter. Completely unprofessional and discouraging.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kdorn in Salem, Alabama

55 months ago

I just heard from the recruiter (same one) scheduling another phone interview with me. She apologized to me for the "mess" last time. So, we shall see. I am hoping it was really a mess up and nothing like this happens again. It is so discouraging to people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Laney84 in Elizabeth City, North Carolina

55 months ago

Verizon Wireless has the worst interview/hiring process I've ever been dragged through. They are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

You really have to be patient some times. Right now they are going through a massive conversion in the South. Things to get better. I've been working for VZW for a few months now and once you get in you see how tight of an operation it really is.

Laney84 in Elizabeth City, North Carolina

54 months ago

Josephus in Richmond, Virginia said: I got the job as a RSR with Verizon after a month and a half of interviewing and a background check. They sent out my final offer in the mail and I go to training on Monday. The background check was rather painless, they call your old job references and schools to make sure everything matches up, then you go for your drug test and they give you 48 hours to do it so that's nice. I was actually out of the state where I will be working and they even found me a place to take my drug screening in the state I was in. The process of getting hired is long, it is also well worth it.

Well that makes me feel a little better! I am glad to know they mail out the final offer b/c I was thinking if they were going to call, I should have heard something by now. After being offered the job, I went in for my drug test last Wednesday, so tomorrow it will be a week. Do you know if they let you know if something didn't pass in your background check? Or how long the background check can take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Garrett Clayton in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

I just applied for a Rep Retail Sales position and it is the second time I have applied for the same type of job. The first time I applied was in a different state that I was currently living in. Should I wait for a phone call from HR, or should I call the store that I applied at and try to set up an interview? Any suggestions on the best way to get in to a interview with Verizon?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

confused in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I am thinking of working at a verizon store in my area.I have a great retail sales background but not much tech or phone knowledge. will Ibe in over my head?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

busterboy in Cape Coral, Florida

52 months ago

What happens if you accidentally took the wrong medicine the day of your drug screening and your test comes back positive for amphetamines?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.