Verizon Wireless Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 133)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Verizon Wireless?

What do you like best about working at Verizon Wireless? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

OldSkool in Douglasville, Georgia

87 months ago

Verizon Wireless is a great company but it really depends upon what department you are in. You can fare well in just about any department but Customer Service. I worked in service for 4 years and it really takes butt kissing and boot licking to get to a decent salary. I know too many people that left and when to various positions outside of service and the difference was as big as night and day. The benefits are good and the phone discount was excellent. I left the company to move on to greener pastures and I wishe you job seekers much luck.....do remember to stay ou of service. Starting pay in service in the Alpharetta location as of now is 12.50 an hour. I didn't make that up...I still have friends in payroll and HR.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

me in Sacramento, California

87 months ago

OldSkool in Douglasville, Georgia said: Verizon Wireless is a great company but it really depends upon what department you are in. You can fare well in just about any department but Customer Service. I worked in service for 4 years and it really takes butt kissing and boot licking to get to a decent salary. I know too many people that left and when to various positions outside of service and the difference was as big as night and day. The benefits are good and the phone discount was excellent. I left the company to move on to greener pastures and I wishe you job seekers much luck.....do remember to stay ou of service. Starting pay in service in the Alpharetta location as of now is 12.50 an hour. I didn't make that up...I still have friends in payroll and HR.

wow.. i started in california at 14/hr about 3 1/2yrs ago... depends on previous experience... but then again i am in CA so cost of living is more out here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-loyal Emp. in Jackson, Tennessee

87 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Verizon Wireless?

What do you like best about working at Verizon Wireless? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Positives:
The average starting salaries with Verizon Wireless average around 25 to 28,000 depending on the position and experience level. The health benefits far exceed any other benefits in the industry, or any other industry for that matter. Long-term incentives can also be rather lucrative. Merit increases are issued each year. I would highly recommend Verizon Wireless to any person who is single and does not yet have a family. VZW jobs have a tendency to better fit those who are single due to the flexibility required and long hours.

Negatives:
Like most other companies, the demand for many hours and results from employees is steadily increasing. This creates a lack of time with family and more time at Verizon. Although the demands are extremely tough, we all have a choice and are not forced to work for Verizon. At least that is what I had to tell myself as I considered leaving after 12 years with the company, to pursue a career that would allow more family time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Tayloet in Duluth, Georgia

87 months ago

This company DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN about anyone or anything. The only thing they are ABOUT is you working like a DOG...ADA'S - SUPERVISORS - NO ONE CARES. I gave my resignation on the 25th of June. They (ADA & SUPERVISOR)knew what I was going though emotional and personal. I get approve time off ( some that I had earned). after talking with my doctor, I decided to leave the company on my own accord. My emotional state would not let me continue. You see, I lost a sister in March of this year-if you ever worked for VZW. you know that it's like. "When are you coming back to work, you did not call in - after you have told them you had death in your family" The point is after being approved for the time I had earned - shocker - they took my check. No one has called, sent a letter or nothing to tell me why this has happened. But I am getting letters telling me that I better not indulge your secrets. WHAT SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME MY CHECK OR AT LEAST TELL ME WHY. I AM BEHIND ON MY RENT AND MY ELECTRICAL BILL IS DUE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU VERIZON--HAVEN'T YOU LABELED ENOUGH PEOPLE AS STRESSED OUT-CRAZY-DISFUNCTIONAL. ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PATCH US UP AND PLACE US BACK ON YOUR PHONES. AND WHEN WE CAN'T FUNCTION ANYMORE. WE ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT PAY!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (133) / No (198) Reply - Report abuse

Tayloet in Norcross, Georgia

87 months ago

I have resigned. I am under doctor's care. I was heading for a nervous breakdown. The final straw to this situation is, they approved for me to take my vacation, personal days to think about what I was going to do. After praying about it, speaking with my children and doctor that is when I decided to resign to get myself better. Well the best way to do that is go out on medical leave or whatever they call it and come back and get on the phones and literally "DIE" ....So to punish me - they kept my check..BUT IF I HAD WENT BACK AND CONTINUE ON THE PHONES..my check would have been deposited into my account. I have given my life to Christ and I know there is something in store for me. So thank you Verizon for a lesson on "WE WORK FOR YOU" I know now that does not apply to EMPLOYEES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (125) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Mr James in Washington, District of Columbia said: Or should i say is it a conflict of interest to work for verizon wireless and best buy or circuit city at the same time?

"don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Loyal Emp in Jackson, Tennessee

87 months ago

I am happy to hear that you have become a Christian, and that you have strong faith. I had a similar incident. I was in a new position in outside sales, that was about to give me a nervous breakdown. Then, on top of that pain, I experienced a life crisis with my spouse that almost sent me over the edge. I ended up going out on Short-Term disability. My AD was directed by the HR group to code all of my time out as Vacation until Metlife approved the time off. Well, just as I expected, Metlife gave me nothing but pure grief and only approved about 3 of my 8 weeks out. That was pretty sorry if you ask me. I spent most of my time dealing with Metlife, instead of getting better. I decided that the pressure and stress was no longer worth it to me or my family. Therefore, I resigned the end of June. I am still waiting for a paycheck for my remaining vacation, and it will probably be a miracle if I receive one. Like you, I have decided that the Lord has something better in store for me, I just have to be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (69) Reply - Report abuse

tayloet in Suwanee, Georgia

87 months ago

I am still waiting on my last paycheck too. They call me and told me I should have it by today. Mailman has came and still no check.
But I will not let this get me down. God will bless us both and good GRACES are and will always be bestored upon us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

Joni Russell in Muskegon, Michigan

87 months ago

I have an extensive forum in customer service!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Joni Russell in Muskegon, Michigan said: I have an extensive forum in customer service!!!!!

I have an extensive forum in customer service also well over 20 years. Call Centers are not meant for some people. Unfortunately, the experience I had was not a good one. All divisions are different (the company is great - the people in charge is what sometimes put a sour taste in one's mouth. Have a great day and may God bless you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

ANON in Mansfield, Ohio

87 months ago

Tayloet in Duluth, Georgia said: This company DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN about anyone or anything. The only thing they are ABOUT is you working like a DOG...ADA'S - SUPERVISORS - NO ONE CARES. I gave my resignation on the 25th of June. They (ADA & SUPERVISOR)knew what I was going though emotional and personal. I get approve time off ( some that I had earned). after talking with my doctor, I decided to leave the company on my own accord. My emotional state would not let me continue. You see, I lost a sister in March of this year-if you ever worked for VZW. you know that it's like. "When are you coming back to work, you did not call in - after you have told them you had death in your family" The point is after being approved for the time I had earned - shocker - they took my check. No one has called, sent a letter or nothing to tell me why this has happened. But I am getting letters telling me that I better not indulge your secrets. WHAT SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME MY CHECK OR AT LEAST TELL ME WHY. I AM BEHIND ON MY RENT AND MY ELECTRICAL BILL IS DUE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU VERIZON--HAVEN'T YOU LABELED ENOUGH PEOPLE AS STRESSED OUT-CRAZY-DISFUNCTIONAL. ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PATCH US UP AND PLACE US BACK ON YOUR PHONES. AND WHEN WE CAN'T FUNCTION ANYMORE. WE ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT PAY!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!, I left the company on June 8th, because I could not put up with the crap anymore and the same damn thing happened to me, it took me yelling at my x-supervisor and AD to get a paycheck a MONTH after I was suppose to!!!!!!!!! There is something seriously wrong with this company, and the people here defending the pratices of this place are obviously a$$ kissers, bc, Verizon is honestly a nightmare, I am so happy I left and Im sure you are too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs R

86 months ago

Tayloet in Norcross, Georgia said: I have resigned. I am under doctor's care. I was heading for a nervous breakdown. The final straw to this situation is, they approved for me to take my vacation, personal days to think about what I was going to do. After praying about it, speaking with my children and doctor that is when I decided to resign to get myself better. Well the best way to do that is go out on medical leave or whatever they call it and come back and get on the phones and literally "DIE" ....So to punish me - they kept my check..BUT IF I HAD WENT BACK AND CONTINUE ON THE PHONES..my check would have been deposited into my account. I have given my life to Christ and I know there is something in store for me. So thank you Verizon for a lesson on "WE WORK FOR YOU" I know now that does not apply to EMPLOYEES.

The Lord will bless you and His grace will see you through to reveal His perfect will for your life. Stay in the Word and pursue Him. He will come closer and closer to you to make life worth living. I learned this the long, hard way through many struggles. He is really all that matters, sustains and endures us in this world. Grace to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (60) Reply - Report abuse

Honesty in York, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

I am a former employee who worked in the call center in MD for one year. If it had not been for my wonderful teammates, I would not have lasted there that long. I consider myself to be a hard worker and try to project a professional image at all times; however, I outgrew this place very fast. This place was a complete mess!!! The management team was completely incompetent, especially the ADs. It was GHETTO fabulous every single day. I started out with 8 people in my training class -- half of them left within the first 6 months!! These are highly competent people with degrees, professionalism, etc.

Positives -- Excellent benefits
Negatives -- Poor training/trainers or lack thereof; unprofessional supervisors (especially the ADs); high and unrealistic expectations when it comes to work assignments; low employee moral; promotions are given to friends/butt kissers; being treated like a child at all times...the culture of the call center has a "high school" mentality; inconsistent policies and procedures.

I totally agree with the previous posts about staying away from all Customer Service jobs -- Customer Service Representative; Account Liaison; Customer Service Coordinators

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

about your check in Utica, New York

85 months ago

i never worked for verizon or anything but was interested till i read these reviews...anyways just so you know their are such things as the labor board and BBB...when i left my last employer..do to their tricky incentive pay. it would be easy for them to try to screw my check by lowering the amount or so forth...however when i realized they were trying just that...I noted a few things such as my RIGHTS and LAWSUIT...ill tell you my bank account never jumped in funds so quick...seriously take em to the chopping block ppl!! We as workers cant be pushed around let them know you DO have options of recourse and be READY to use them...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Brad in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Sounds like the Lord must work for AT&T or Sprint

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

JD from the South

85 months ago

I was hired with the company in the retail sales division as an Assistant-Retail Operations Manager, worked my way up to Supervisor-Customer Service and now am a Retail Store Manager over two locations in the South Area. All this occurred within the last two years. There are people who have been with the company longer than myself who applied for the position I now have however, I was promoted solely on my merits and NOT because of who I knew. The thing is that Verizon has a culture that rewards merit and rewards those who live the positive, performance-based culture the company promotes. I understand that there are individuals who have posted on this forum who had hardships and feel as though the company did not have the symapthy/patience they required. To that, I have to say that you probably deserved better leadership in your departments and that those leaders lacked the skills to both live the VZW culture properly and then impart that culture to you. Their example and actions probably led to your completely justifiable feelings toward your work environment and your job overall. While I have sympathy for how you feel, I have nothing but great things to say about this company because I have had nothing like the experiences you described. Nor have I seen any associate I have ever worked with have experiences like you have described.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

MEB in Jackson, Tennessee

85 months ago

I was a Retail Assistant Manager for 7 of the 13 years with Verizon. Verizon sales reps were the highest paid in the industry. In fact, prior to my leaving the company, we had several Cingular employees join the team that stated that they made so much more money working for Verizon. Now, whether they can stand the pressure....that remains to be seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Justin in Pittsburgh Pa

85 months ago

Anybody in here an inside sales representative? What is your salary like and the commissions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha

84 months ago

I just got hired in VA as a customer support representative I start in 2 weeks. What are the incentives and bonuses like as well as salary. what is the average starting salary how are the discounts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

SMC in New York, New York

84 months ago

Verizon is a terrible place to work. For eight years I had to go to Human Resources about AD's and supervisors. I had issues from FMLA to Management acting CRAZY. People are promoted based on who they know or who they sleep with. There is no concern for you or your family. Its not worth the money to work there and not have piece of mind. I hope in the near future that a class action law suit can be filed against them so the world can really see what the employees deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

f_angel77 in jacksonville, Florida

83 months ago

I don't know how bad it is in your call center locations, but I do customer service in a store location here in jax, fl. I couldnt be happier with my job. Do 10 years of food management and come complaining about hours. At verizon my boss's are afraid of burining me out working more than 45 hrs a week. I have to find reasons to be able to stay more than that. I used to do that in 4 days or less. The pay rocks, the benefits rock, and Im having more fun at my job than I ever have. It is what you make of it. Not every job is for everyone. My wife also works for verizon, shes in operations. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. For those of you that hated it, I feel sorry for you, but from my point of view, you are quite wrong about the company. Between the 2 of us, we probably make almost 90k a year, working 40-45 hrs a week with kick ass benefits and loads of paid time off. Is it always perfect? No, but its better than the rest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

VZWFormerEmployee in Bedminster, New Jersey

82 months ago

The below is an opinion of a former employee.

The salary and benefits are excellent compared to other companies nationally.

When starting out in customer service, it was difficult to get certain days and holidays off. Depending on the call center seniority and the group you are in determines how long you were have to endure. The higher the turnover rate and the lower the seniority the more likely you are to get better schedules and time off.

If you are talking about something other than customer service or sales... well then it depends upon the management you get. In your interview be sure to ask what type of flexibility is available. Explain why you are interested in this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Skittles in Illinois

79 months ago

I am looking at possibly taking a part time retail sales rep position. Can anyone tell me how long before I can get tuition reimburesemnt? Also I saw on their website they covered 100% tuition but not sure if that's the same for part time, or its just a percentage for part time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

scrmingatawall in Elkridge, Maryland

79 months ago

All of your benefits begin the day you first walk into training. That includes your tuition assistance. If you are a part time employee, you will recieve up to $4,000 a year. Full time, you will recieve up to $8,000 a year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SMiler in Worcester, Massachusetts

79 months ago

Anybody have any experience working as a B2B account executive?

I'm interviewing with them late next week and I'm curious to learn:

1) What is the base salary?
2) What is the monthly gross profit amount that you need to achieve before you receive your first commission dollar?
3) What is the commission percentage earned on both equipment and call plans?
4) What are the average first year earnings? Is it possible to earn 6 figures?
5) What are the best strategies for selling VZW services to businesses?
6) What is the monthly sales quota?
7) Once you have a business signed up with VW, how to maximize your penetration into the account? What is the best way to sell as much equipment and service plans to a business account?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

kdpaula in tampa, Florida

79 months ago

I worked for Verizon wireless call center as a financial services representative for 1 1/2 yrs. The pay was good for me, started at 12.50hr. It is a great company with outstanding benefits, but be careful and make sure that you are a disciplined person when working for a vzw call center. The attendance is very strict and the policies can be harsh, but as long as you plan your time off and you're a person whos always on time, its a great job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Skittles in Illinois

78 months ago

scrmingatawall in Elkridge, Maryland said: All of your benefits begin the day you first walk into training. That includes your tuition assistance. If you are a part time employee, you will recieve up to $4,000 a year. Full time, you will recieve up to $8,000 a year.

how long do you have to stay with them after your tuit reimbursement in order to not pay them back, just out of curiosity?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Claire Roberts in Gray Court, South Carolina

78 months ago

Yes, it is a conflict of interest to work for VZW and Circuit City. Not Best Buy, but CC. CC has VZW kiosks in their stores. My fiance works for CC and wants to go to Verizon, but if he quits his job he has to wait 6 months before applying to verizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

shawn holly in greenville, South Carolina

77 months ago

Do not go to work at VZW unless you are not going to be in sales.. Verizon has cut commission 4 times the last 2 years. They are trying to get rid of all their higly commisisoned sales reps like myself. I worked there for 10 years and just left. I was the top sales person in the company for 2 years and presidents cabinet for 8 years in a row. Verizon used to be a great company that cared about its employees and customers, but that has all changed. They pulled the rug out from under the people that had worked hardest to build the company and then if we wouldnt quit, they send in a corporate bully to try to make us quit. Or find a reason to fire them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Teco Joe

76 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Verizon Wireless?

I work at sprint and after reading some of these post I dont feel so bad anymore
thanks Guys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Southern Girl

76 months ago

Verizon is a great company!!! Verizon Wireless has been good to me from day one and I been employed with VW for 3 1/2 years. Anyone who would say that it's not a fantastic company has to have issues. A true professional will appreciate Verizon Wirelss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Jacknife in Laurel, Mississippi

76 months ago

I work for Alltel currently as a assistant manager and I'm curious to know what the pay for managers and assistant managers. Base salary and commission structure? Also if anybody has been in the position or knows about the specific job duties, do they travel or stay assigned to one store? And how long does it take to get an actual store of your own? Since we are merging at the end of the year I am curious to know more about this company... positive and negative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

scrmingatawall in Elkridge, Maryland

76 months ago

Whether or not you will travel as an assistant sales manager (ASM) depends on whether you run a store or kiosk locations. Store managers have their one set location, whereas, kiosk managers usually have a wide territory they cover. I'm set to a store now, but for awhile I would float between seven different kiosk locations, and would recieve mileage compensation. If you're in a kiosk, and would like a store of your own, it's just something you would have to apply for whenever you see a position posted. I've always perferred the kiosk over a store. As far as base salary/commission, I'm in ops so I'm strictly salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Captain Kangaroo in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

Read about the Verizon/ Alltel merger and ask questions before going through the interview process otherwise you might find yourself out of a job and having to do this all over again.... I also understand that Verizon is going to shut down all these Alltel stores sometime at the end of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trinilady in Georgia

76 months ago

I agree. I currently work for Verizon Wireless at Ashford Dunwoody, GA. The AD's and Supervisors are horrible. They do not have any knowledge to offer. They could care less if you work like a slave. I am currently seeking employment so far away from Wireless communications. What ever you do, please do not apply at the BSC ( Business support center). It really is very hard to get promoted out of this department. If you have an AD or Supervisor that are not fond of you they will block you getting interviews with other departmentas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

shawn holly in greenville, South Carolina

76 months ago

Southern Girl said: Verizon is a great company!!! Verizon Wireless has been good to me from day one and I been employed with VW for 3 1/2 years. Anyone who would say that it's not a fantastic company has to have issues. A true professional will appreciate Verizon Wirelss.

nice post Lowell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

AlyS in Renton, Washington

76 months ago

Thanks for your comment. I recently started with Verizon and went from associating myself as an employee with other career goals to part of a company that I may make a career with! The potential is awesome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

We in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

I am currently a VZW sales rep. Verizon USED to be a nice place to work. In February 2008 they came out with a new commission structure. My commission went from about $2000/month down to $500. The hourly rate is only about $10-$11 per hour. On top of the new commission structure, they've just come out with a new way of making quota starting on July 1st. They're setting us up for failure by giving us quotas that are unattainable. When you don't make quota for the month you get written up, called level 1. The second month you don't make quota you get level 2 write up. Then comes 3 and finally level 4. If you reach level 4, you're out the door. 3 of my co-workers have been fired within the last month. The only thing the control freeks heading up Verizon Wireless want, is to be able to say they are the BIGGEST. Their moto has become, From The Best To The Biggest. The acquisition of Altell is costing them billions. Therefore, they've taken money away from the sales reps to generate more revenue and making it impossible for sales reps to keep their jobs which makes more space for the Altell employees they decide to keep. They sell you blue skies, and for some it's great. Like everyone else is saying it's all about who you know and if you're willing to get waisted with the managers. And for you guys out there who might be interested in sexually harrassing your coworkers, no problem. They'll look the other way or they'll just solve the problem by promoting the harrasser. As far as the benefits go, yes, you do receive medical coverage the moment you start working for them. And good thing, because they play with your head to the point that you really need the medical coverage to pay for the psyciatrist and therapists you must visit being under the stress of trying to attain the unattainable goals Verizon sets. My advice is, unless you're super desparate for work, steer clear of Verizon Wireless - working there may be hazardous to your health.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Calexxia in Tempe, Arizona

75 months ago

I'm curious about something; I have recently accepted employment at the local call center (most of the complaints I've read about VZW call centers are about the sort of things that are endemic to call center work, so I'm not too bothered by that).....

In the Perks, it says you get discounts on your personal VZW account. I know that AT&T/Cingular actually gives you a free account, so I was wondering what level of discount VZW gives.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

G Diaz in Clovis, California

74 months ago

Is $65K Possible?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

nursn4me in Richmond, Virginia

74 months ago

Very much so from what I have been told.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shea miller in marion, Ohio

73 months ago

I dont know how much txt I can put in this little box but let me paste a letter that I wrote and sent to every senior staff member in VZW including good ole Dennis.

Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:43 PM
To: Fleenor, McKenzie; Romph, Erin; Hyland, Seamus; Tang, Roger C; Walden, Marni; Falco, Charlie R.; McAdam, Lowell; dennis.strgl@verizonwireless.com
Subject:

I am writing this email to express my feelings about my employment at Verizon Wireless. I have been with VZW for three years now and started out as a Kiosk Sales Representative in Marion Ohio. During my employment with VZW I have managed to advance from KSR to Senior Sales, to Assistant Manager of Operations and finally to Assistant Sales Manager. I started out in Marion and after several months in position learned that the Store Manager Sheryl Vogt did not care for my supervisor or me. It was not long before my supervisor was let go from the company and I felt I was next, so I decided to start applying for other positions. Some positions were out of state but most were in Ohio, ironically though I never received a call for any position in Ohio but had several offers out of state. After accepting a SRSR position in Manassas Virginia I had to make the choice of leaving my three children in Ohio to better my career with VZW, it was the most difficult decision I had to make but I felt it would be for the best. My intentions was to move to VA learn the position and when my six months was up just apply and move back to Ohio. My kids were unable to come with me to VA because their mother is a teacher and were under contract and she would not be able to leave for another two years. I then moved to VA and after my six months I went to my manager and explained to him that I wanted to transfer back to Ohio and he agreed it would be for the best. I was not very successful in getting much call backs let alone interviews. I started applying for promotional positions but then

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

shea miller in marion, Ohio

73 months ago

Since it didn’t let me post the rest it pretty much stated how I was screwed over simply because one individual did not like me. Oh and this year I have had two back surgeries that are work related and VZW has denied any pay to me stating that it is MetLife and they denied until I got a attorney and they quickly worked with VZW to only pay me for six months and are now delaying my return to work without pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

diddles in dc, District of Columbia

73 months ago

SMiler in Worcester, Massachusetts said: Anybody have any experience working as a B2B account executive?

I'm interviewing with them late next week and I'm curious to learn:

1) What is the base salary? 32,000
2) What is the monthly gross profit amount that you need to achieve before you receive your first commission dollar? 50% of your revenue target dollars quoate which will change each month. If you do not reach 100% or above target dollars you receive a decelerator thus reducing your commission by the percentage you missed your target dollars.
3) What is the commission percentage earned on both equipment and call plans? None everything is based on revenue target dollars.
4) What are the average first year earnings? Is it possible to earn 6 figures? Itis no longer possible to earn 6 figures. I am the number 3 person B@B in my region. Target compensation is now 50-75k max. If you are projected to exceed 75k the revenue dollar quota is raised to an outrageous number so you receive a decelerator and very little commission or none.
5) What are the best strategies for selling VZW services to businesses? If you need to ask this question do not apply for the job.
6) What is the monthly sales quota? it will change each month. B2B 100 new lines 100 renewals. Governemnt B2B 300-400 new 110 renewals. Revenue dollar quota between $12,000-$17,000.... to receive the minimun commision payout.
7) Once you have a business signed up with VW, how to maximize your penetration into the account? What is the best way to sell as much equipment and service plans to a business account?

Again if you need to ask this question you are not qualified for this position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

diddles in dc, District of Columbia

73 months ago

shawn holly in greenville, South Carolina said: Do not go to work at VZW unless you are not going to be in sales.. Verizon has cut commission 4 times the last 2 years. They are trying to get rid of all their higly commisisoned sales reps like myself. I worked there for 10 years and just left. I was the top sales person in the company for 2 years and presidents cabinet for 8 years in a row. Verizon used to be a great company that cared about its employees and customers, but that has all changed. They pulled the rug out from under the people that had worked hardest to build the company and then if we wouldnt quit, they send in a corporate bully to try to make us quit. Or find a reason to fire them

I agree. I am a winners cirlce member and currently am the #1 b2b sales person in my region most likely to go to presidents cabinet.

Quota changes each month and is manipulated based on line attainment and revenue dollars generated. The revenue dollars are manipulated and have no ceiliing on the max although the amount you can earn in commissionis maxed. basically if you are earning too much VZW will rais eyour revenue dollars to such a high amount for 2-3 months so you receive a decelerator or deduction on min commission.

The system does not reward more commisson for more production and top sales force are all leaving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishin in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

I would hope that anyone reading this forum would unerstand that the largest pecentages of posts are naturally going to be from unhappy or dissatisfied people. Most forums unfortunately even though generated for fair and balanced are going to be heavily weighted to the negative. For every compliment you recieve you can be gauranteed 10 complaints, that is just the way it works in society in general. Verizon is really an amazing place of employment when you consider everything. Certainly it isn't for everyone, no customer service job is. You had better understand going in what customer service is all about and the "customer is always right" philosohpy. It dosn't matter if you agree but the mere fact that you would debate the issue leads me to believe that customer service isn't for you. Having said that of course Verizon has strict adherence policies and goals and objectives and for what they offer and provide they have earned the right to do so! If you want something for nothing or are less than energetic (lazy) or are not goal oriented then verizon probably isn't for you. And the fact of the matter is if you are one of these people they probably don't want you any more than you want them. For example they give each employee an annual incentive bonus of literally thousands of dollars, but you'll get those who complain about the amount or why they didn't get more??? What company does this kind of thing for every employee every year? You'd be lucky to get a Christmas turkey from most major companies. I could expound on these type of incentives and extras but to those indignent few it's never enough. If you have work ethic and deisre and willingness to adapt and improve you will excel. You will certainly have issues and problems since there will always be the human element, but problems exist everywhere, it's up to you to make things better and overcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Smorgie1 in Maryland

67 months ago

I work/ed for Verizon Wireless in a Maryland Call Center and let me just say...every negative post written in this forum is TRUE TRUE TRUE. My chest is tightening up right now as I type this because of the anxiety VZW causes me...not to mention borderline tears. I loved the job itself and was good at it. They actually grade your calls and you have to deliver specific quotes to customers in order to 'pass a call' but because I was so thorough in my calls it made me about 10 calls short of meeting my calls per day quota which put me on a final written notice...REGARDLESS of the job offers, commendations on my professionalism, etc. I have recieved from customers, my supervisor was a complete moron, he sat in his cubicle texting people all day and even admitted that he puts as much of his obligations off on senior reps and his 'buddy sup's' as he can possibly get away with...and coming to work smelling like hard liquor. I had to apply for Short Term Disability due to severe migraine attacks, dizziness, falling asleep behind the wheel on my long commute to/from work, etc. and MetLife has denied this claim stating there's no reason I cannot come to work and fulfill required functions with these being my symptoms, I've written an appeal. No words can truly describe how unethical and horrendous the environment is! I was a small class but we were a close knit class and all became friends and there are some pretty strong people who were in my class and every one of us have become extremely depressed, worried about retaining our jobs, etc. Even when moving to other teams you find that pretty much everyone on the floor feels this way except the few very extreme overachieving butt kissers who mooch their way up the ladder, because those are the ONLY ones who work their way up. For the others, management has you pinned to the ground with their foot....wearing soccer cleats! The reason they GIVE the annual bonus is because they HAVE to do those kinds of things to motivate people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

EdH in oxford, Connecticut

66 months ago

continued...to a pulp by moronic supervisors that don't have a mind of their own. They hand out 'warnings' without any real substantial reason...just to keep on the edge of your seat. If you are teetering on a nervous breakdown- they will certainly help you find your way out the door in a heartbeat and before your desk is cleaned out they will already have a new wet behind the ears tech to take your place. You are completely dispensable at Verizon. In fact you are barely treated as a human being. There's no respect and forget it if you are planning on keeping your dignity...it has no place within this company. It truly is a sad excuse for a healthy work environment.

I wish someone would start a Class Action Law Suit against this company for wrongful discharge or wrongful termination, or separation as they call it...because I know for a fact I am NOT the only professional telcom employee who has experienced the rath of this company. Yes, I was 'separated' from Verizon Wireless, and my supicion is that I was too experienced, over qualified and too much of a threat the the Supervisors. A new class was put on the floor on Monday and I as well as a few other techs of the same caliber as myself were let go the following Wednesday...new meat on the chopping block. I suspect because I wasn't wearing the right color shoes that day, as insane as it sounds, they will look for ANY excuse to give out a warning if you are on the outbound list...your days are numbered if you don't play the game. High School reunion at it's finest.

I am hiring an attorney to file a law suit against Verizon Wireless as I do believe I was wrongfully discharged. It's not like me to do something like this, but I was a competent employee that was just too good for their liking and had I kissed butt the way other techs have I would not have been let go. This company is BS.

If any other Verizon Wireless employees have considered a Class Action Law Suit I would be very happy to hear. E

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

PhillyfromPhilly in Topeka, Kansas

66 months ago

I'm currently working at a competitor of Verizon (in a retail store)but am looking to make the jump because I keep getting jobbed by commissions changes, can someone provide the commissions components at VZW and also the max commissions for a non mangement sales rep. Any help would be appreciated. You guys should keep the faith because it no better at your competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.