Verizon Wireless Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 132)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Lorenzo Shevak in Lynbrook, New York

64 months ago

Gone Fishin in Houston, Texas said: I would hope that anyone reading this forum would unerstand that the largest pecentages of posts are naturally going to be from unhappy or dissatisfied people. Most forums unfortunately even though generated for fair and balanced are going to be heavily weighted to the negative. For every compliment you recieve you can be gauranteed 10 complaints, that is just the way it works in society in general. Verizon is really an amazing place of employment when you consider everything. Certainly it isn't for everyone, no customer service job is. You had better understand going in what customer service is all about and the "customer is always right" philosohpy. It dosn't matter if you agree but the mere fact that you would debate the issue leads me to believe that customer service isn't for you. Having said that of course Verizon has strict adherence policies and goals and objectives and for what they offer and provide they have earned the right to do so! If you want something for nothing or are less than energetic (lazy) or are not goal oriented then verizon probably isn't for you. And the fact of the matter is if you are one of these people they probably don't want you any more than you want them. For example they give each employee an annual incentive bonus of literally thousands of dollars, but you'll get those who complain about the amount or why they didn't get more??? What company does this kind of thing for every employee every year? You'd be lucky to get a Christmas turkey from most major companies. I could expound on these type of incentives and extras but to those indignent few it's never enough. If you have work ethic and deisre and willingness to adapt and improve you will excel. You will certainly have issues and problems since there will always be the human element, but problems exist everywhere, it's up to you to make things better and overcome!

You couldnt be more RIGHT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

PhillyfromPhilly in Topeka, Kansas said: I'm currently working at a competitor of Verizon (in a retail store)but am looking to make the jump because I keep getting jobbed by commissions changes, can someone provide the commissions components at VZW and also the max commissions for a non mangement sales rep. Any help would be appreciated. You guys should keep the faith because it no better at your competitors.

Check out METROPCS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Smorgie1 in Maryland said: I work/ed for Verizon Wireless in a Maryland Call Center and let me just say...every negative post written in this forum is TRUE TRUE TRUE. My chest is tightening up right now as I type this because of the anxiety VZW causes me...not to mention borderline tears. I loved the job itself and was good at it. They actually grade your calls and you have to deliver specific quotes to customers in order to 'pass a call' but because I was so thorough in my calls it made me about 10 calls short of meeting my calls per day quota which put me on a final written notice...REGARDLESS of the job offers, commendations on my professionalism, etc. I have recieved from customers, my supervisor was a complete moron, he sat in his cubicle texting people all day and even admitted that he puts as much of his obligations off on senior reps and his 'buddy sup's' as he can possibly get away with...and coming to work smelling like hard liquor. I had to apply for Short Term Disability due to severe migraine attacks, dizziness, falling asleep behind the wheel on my long commute to/from work, etc. and MetLife has denied this claim stating there's no reason I cannot come to work and fulfill required functions with these being my symptoms, I've written an appeal. What can i expect when i start working in a verizon call center? I have to say the hiring process was a bit much but what they offered is just what I was looking for. I also hear I will be getting a ton of overtime and double time as per a close friend who works in another NEW YORK OFFFICE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I have to say I CANT wait to start working for Verizon. The benefits and salary are basically enough to keep ur miserable unappreciative mouths SHUT. When u people do NOT have a job u will only wish u could kiss some Verizon ass. Just put ur head down and serve some customers over the phone...how hard could that be?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

PhillyfromPhilly in Topeka, Kansas

64 months ago

If their commission are that great then explain what the benefits and salary actually are? Give me some kind of heads up so I don't walk into an interview blind sided by the lowball comp rates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

The benefits are THEY PAY for everything...as for the salary they gave me exactly what I asked for and with overtime which I know they give plenty of up to 9 hours its time and a half anything over that its double time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

winghke in Ohio

63 months ago

G Diaz in Clovis, California said: Is $65K Possible?

of course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dos of illinois in chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

JD from the South said: I was hired with the company in the retail sales division as an Assistant-Retail Operations Manager, worked my way up to Supervisor-Customer Service and now am a Retail Store Manager over two locations in the South Area. All this occurred within the last two years. There are people who have been with the company longer than myself who applied for the position I now have however, I was promoted solely on my merits and NOT because of who I knew. The thing is that Verizon has a culture that rewards merit and rewards those who live the positive, performance-based culture the company promotes. I understand that there are individuals who have posted on this forum who had hardships and feel as though the company did not have the symapthy/patience they required. To that, I have to say that you probably deserved better leadership in your departments and that those leaders lacked the skills to both live the VZW culture properly and then impart that culture to you. Their example and actions probably led to your completely justifiable feelings toward your work environment and your job overall. While I have sympathy for how you feel, I have nothing but great things to say about this company because I have had nothing like the experiences you described. Nor have I seen any associate I have ever worked with have experiences like you have described.

I looked at all the good and bad of working with for this company, I was interviewed for the dm with this company and was told that I would be contacted to further discuss the expectations expected of me when/if I decide to become part of this company, while looking over some of the responses it seems as if people are picking it out the negatives and focusing in on those, if you are doing everything right then you give no one a reason to zone in on negatives, if you are truly being mistreated there are remedies for those situations, a person or even company CAN ONLY DO TO YOU WHAT YOU LET THEM!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

lovelylady76 in washington

61 months ago

I've worked for VZW for 4 yrs and I love the benefits, culture and the expectations of their employees is higher, which is probably why the pay is a tad better than most telecom jobs. I love, love,LOVE the benefits, from the employee Phone program to my profit sharing and tuition reimbursement. I love my time off and I work hard and ignore most of the bs that comes with a call center environ and work nadvancing to where I want to be. The company is hot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

goodthing in Nashville, Tennessee

61 months ago

I work at the new call center in Franklin, TN. I have worked for other large companies. Let me say this, what company would want some whiny, ungrateful fool working for them! Most of these posts are from people who have no idea what is going on in the economy these days. My God be HAPPY you are working ANYWHERE! I think VZW is FANTASTIC. Benefits can't be beat. The tuition reimbursement alone, my goodness! Health benefits from DAY ONE! I work with people who have been with the company for well over 10 years and LOVE IT! So if you are that happy LEAVE, there are plenty of people out there struggling to feed their families who would be more then happy to take your place!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

amy norris

60 months ago

Tayloet in Duluth, Georgia said: This company DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN about anyone or anything. The only thing they are ABOUT is you working like a DOG...ADA'S - SUPERVISORS - NO ONE CARES. I gave my resignation on the 25th of June. They (ADA & SUPERVISOR)knew what I was going though emotional and personal. I get approve time off ( some that I had earned). after talking with my doctor, I decided to leave the company on my own accord. My emotional state would not let me continue. You see, I lost a sister in March of this year-if you ever worked for VZW. you know that it's like. "When are you coming back to work, you did not call in - after you have told them you had death in your family" The point is after being approved for the time I had earned - shocker - they took my check. No one has called, sent a letter or nothing to tell me why this has happened. But I am getting letters telling me that I better not indulge your secrets. WHAT SECRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE ME MY CHECK OR AT LEAST TELL ME WHY. I AM BEHIND ON MY RENT AND MY ELECTRICAL BILL IS DUE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU VERIZON--HAVEN'T YOU LABELED ENOUGH PEOPLE AS STRESSED OUT-CRAZY-DISFUNCTIONAL. ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS PATCH US UP AND PLACE US BACK ON YOUR PHONES. AND WHEN WE CAN'T FUNCTION ANYMORE. WE ARE DISCHARGED WITHOUT PAY!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt agree more!!! my supervisor yelled at me because i was in the hospital for two weeks because i didnt call her every single day. i was never late and never took time off. she was always yelling at me for stupid things like where my covered coffee sat on my desk. it made me fell horrible and worthless. so much so that i developed anorexia. it got so bad that i dropped from 150 to 97 in a month and a half. because of it, i had a stroke and ended up in the hospital. luckily while there i realized that i developed it because i was trying too hard to be perfect for her. i tried to go back and deal with it but everything came back. i reported her and nothing was

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amy norris

60 months ago

amy norris said: I couldnt agree more!!! my supervisor yelled at me because i was in the hospital for two weeks because i didnt call her every single day. i was never late and never took time off. she was always yelling at me for stupid things like where my covered coffee sat on my desk. it made me fell horrible and worthless. so much so that i developed anorexia. it got so bad that i dropped from 150 to 97 in a month and a half. because of it, i had a stroke and ended up in the hospital. luckily while there i realized that i developed it because i was trying too hard to be perfect for her. i tried to go back and deal with it but everything came back. i reported her and nothing was

done about it at all. i realized that i was starting to slip back into my depression and had to resign for my own health. two months later i still have not received my last paycheck even though it was a full 80 hrs worked. go figure. i worked everyday and wasnt late. so tell me this, why the heck did it end up that way. because i didnt kiss her butt. if you dont have the personality to take people always downing you but never working themselves, work for vzw. if not, dont start cause it will effect you in some way. i have found god and realize that HE is the ONLY one that you need to live for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

JD from the South said: I was hired with the company in the retail sales division as an Assistant-Retail Operations Manager, worked my way up to Supervisor-Customer Service and now am a Retail Store Manager over two locations in the South Area. All this occurred within the last two years. There are people who have been with the company longer than myself who applied for the position I now have however, I was promoted solely on my merits and NOT because of who I knew. The thing is that Verizon has a culture that rewards merit and rewards those who live the positive, performance-based culture the company promotes. I understand that there are individuals who have posted on this forum who had hardships and feel as though the company did not have the symapthy/patience they required. To that, I have to say that you probably deserved better leadership in your departments and that those leaders lacked the skills to both live the VZW culture properly and then impart that culture to you. Their example and actions probably led to your completely justifiable feelings toward your work environment and your job overall. While I have sympathy for how you feel, I have nothing but great things to say about this company because I have had nothing like the experiences you described. Nor have I seen any associate I have ever worked with have experiences like you have described.

Well at least you've understood that there are two sides to every story JD. It's great that you've had a good exp there but as usual being a cheerleader wins over being a good worker. That's just the way some people choose to act when their hiring or promoting people.
It happens everywhere. One of these days all devote sometime to telling you lovely people my exp w/ Time Warner. Then you won't feel like it's just you or just the company you work for. Some people just suck.
Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

MRClueuin in Brooklyn, New York said: Umpft. See reply to S.C. 'Cause I'm not even going there with

you.
May you always live in intresting times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Just Because in Columbus, Ohio

60 months ago

My fiance has worked for VZW for a little of 2 years, and I will have to agree with the people that hate it. There are some states and places where people are supported and have been provided advancement. The office in Southfield, MI was one of those places, the people that came from there appeared happy, but now they are in the Dublin, OH call center and they are miserable. I will have to say that most of the supervisors particularly the AD there appear to be incompetent, uneducated, and not supportive of their employees. The advancement is for the birds, and no one can not say that it's not true. Tell me how do you give someone an intrim supervisor position,which happened to be one of your best supervisors because the her team was meeting stats, she provided support, education, encouragement, and redirection for her team, was then told that she has to interview again for the same position but to become a permenant supervisor not given a second interview, and then told she was too much in the employees favor, WHAT THE He*L DOES THAT MEAN. So VZW doesn't want someone that cares about their employees. It is a HORRIBLE place to work if you are looking for a career growth with, sanity, and competence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Huntington Beach, California

60 months ago

Calexxia in Tempe, Arizona said: I'm curious about something; I have recently accepted employment at the local call center (most of the complaints I've read about VZW call centers are about the sort of things that are endemic to call center work, so I'm not too bothered by that).....

In the Perks, it says you get discounts on your personal VZW account. I know that AT&T/Cingular actually gives you a free account, so I was wondering what level of discount VZW gives.

WEll I can tell you, I worked for Verizon wireless for 8 years. Their employee plans stink and you might as well be a regular customer, you get better service that way and are treated better.
I understand what you are saying about "call centers" in general and you are right to a point. If you don't mind the call center mentality and the supervisors being little robots and doing the dirty work and don't mind being chastised, threatened by Assistant directors, bullied and working in a Rah, Rah atmosphere then you will LOVE VZW. I, like you, just let it all run off my back, because you will probably never get fired, you have to do something really bad, but when they want you to out and out lie to the customers, you might want to re-think the job. The benefits are great, but make sure you get your bonus's etc before you quit, you sure as heck won't get them after you quit.
Just my two cents. PS you will never get anything free for being an employee, they treat the customers much better that they will ever treat you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jr97 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

Yes you are right!!!! I have been with VZW for over 7 years, and in 2007 I made 71,000, 2008 I made 55,000, and this year I am set to make only 37,000. I am not doing anything different, I work just as hard but YES they have change commision structures the last 3 years. Instead of one target you have 2 targets to make and can get decelerated if one of the other does not hit. Also in July they started a return rate, which means under their 30 day return policy if a customer I sell to returns that phone I get money taken out of my commission check!!! Last month I lost $650 for a policy I have no control over, even if I send them a phone and it is damaged out of the box I still get money taken out of my check...THEY ARE AN UNETHICAL COMPANY DON NOT ATTEMPT EMPLOYMENT....REMEMBER THEY MAKE 15.5 BILLION A QUARTER IN REVENUE....BUT I AM LOOKING AT A 35K PAY CUT FOR DOING THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gary seven in Newberry, Florida

56 months ago

jr97 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Yes you are right!!!! I have been with VZW for over 7 years, and in 2007 I made 71,000, 2008 I made 55,000, and this year I am set to make only 37,000. I am not doing anything different, I work just as hard but YES they have change commision structures the last 3 years. Instead of one target you have 2 targets to make and can get decelerated if one of the other does not hit. Also in July they started a return rate, which means under their 30 day return policy if a customer I sell to returns that phone I get money taken out of my commission check!!! Last month I lost $650 for a policy I have no control over, even if I send them a phone and it is damaged out of the box I still get money taken out of my check...THEY ARE AN UNETHICAL COMPANY DON NOT ATTEMPT EMPLOYMENT....REMEMBER THEY MAKE 15.5 BILLION A QUARTER IN REVENUE....BUT I AM LOOKING AT A 35K PAY CUT FOR DOING THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK!!!

jr97 everthing you said is 100% correct. You gotta love a company who lets the salesguys take the hit if a customer decideds they dont like the phone. if you do well on a certain commission structure dont worry next month it will get changed in there favor . 180 day charge back policy, I do my job but 5 months later the customer loses there job stops paying we take the hit.just think with 82 million customers even if every bill is off a dollar just think of that extra revenue how many customers come in every month with the 1.99 data hit or how the charge not just for the ringtone or game but the time it takes in mbs to download. So for all the vzw employees who think this is just sour grapes then explain this as you read thru some of these post you see where employees were denied claims thru Met life and how Verzion would never do anything unethical according to there integrity policy and there "code of conduct" . THEN HOW IS THE DIRECTOR OF Metropolitan Life, Inc. and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

gary seven in Newberry, Florida

56 months ago

A MEMBER OF THE VZW BOARD Hugh B. Price
Mr. Price, 67, is Visiting Professor and Lecturer at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, a research university, and Non-Resident Senior Fellow at The Brookings Institution, an independent research and policy institute. He was Senior Advisor of DLA Piper U.S. LLP from 2003 to 2005 and, prior to that, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Urban League. Mr. Price has been a Director since 1997 and was a director of NYNEX Corporation from 1995 to 1997. He is also a director of Metropolitan Life, Inc. and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jay in Newport News, Virginia

56 months ago

G Diaz in Clovis, California said: Is $65K Possible?

It used to be very attainable. I was making 50k in a kiosk oriented Verizon location and was moved to a store (and not just any store, the #3 largest in the region). Ever since making the move, I've made about 50% of what I made in the kiosk. Verizon Sales Reps are no longer "Sales Reps." We are becoming universal, meaning I have to be a customer service rep, tech rep and if I'm lucky enough to get a sale at some point in all this chaos, I may make 800.00 in commission. I used to make $2000-$3000 in commission easily each month. However, Verizon has become very customer oriented and has lost a lot of respect and concern for employees. You will become just another representative and are completely replaceable.

The only reason that I remain at Verizon is for the benefits and because the market stinks and I have not been able to find the right job to leave Verizon just yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

roamer09 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

Hello,

I am thinking of applying at Verizon Wireless in the Financial Services Dept. Can anyone tell me what is involved with this position and about the stress level and if there are any quotas that need to be met to keep the job. Also, any info. on pay and work hours would be great. Thanks in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yev in Tarpon Springs, Florida

55 months ago

After reading the postings on here its good to know that I'm not the only one who had a horrible work experience at VZW. I had the same nightmare experience while employed at VZW.
It's all true,if you want to lose your mind work for VZW. The work performance agreement you sign is unrealistic. The customer does not come first,VZW does! There matrix is a fail fail matrix. Some of the "sups" hand out warnings with a smile. There is an HR rep that professed he/she was there for the employee's..if that is true then why did this person come up and sit in the pod with the sups and chit chat..drink coffee..and plan social events. This HR person also while in a closed meeting with employee's stated that if any kind of warning passed this persons desk ,this person would give the rep "the heads up" about the warning..never did this person do this for anyone I know..
FOrgive me,I could go on and on about this company..
Not one time in my life did I ever cry on my way to work as I did when I worked for VZW. Also while I worked there, in 3 years 9 people were taken out in an ambulance for heart attack symptoms..that is not normal. There are many people who are now on anxiety meds,depression meds and so forth...
If there is any other option for employment,I would chose it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

Need some comments from some Customer Service Representatives in the Tampa office.

"Of course, providing the very best service means always being available to talk to our customers. When it comes to the number and variety of calls you’ll receive, no two days are the same. This morning, you might be explaining charges to a customer who has just received his/her first bill. Tomorrow afternoon, you could be addressing technical issues about one of our products, or referring customers to our technical service team. Next week, you may help solve a problem and transform a frustrated customer into a happy one. This is in many ways, a powerful position and a great place to start a Verizon Wireless career. "

"We’re looking for a couple years of customer-service experience, and a college degree is a plus, but we also need a unique kind of person—someone who is punctual, dependable and organized. Your ability to work with multiple computer applications, while talking to customers, is a necessity. But most important, you must enjoy listening to, analyzing and solving problems. You’ll need to think on your feet, ask targeted questions, anticipate needs, and start fresh with every customer. You’re the reason that customers who choose us, stay with us. You’re the voice of Verizon Wireless. "

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

TimmyOToole in Illinois

55 months ago

Hmm, this sounds like our Illinois call center... there are the perks (good pay and benefits), but this place seriously brings people to tears and drives them to drink. You really cannot win as a CSR here... when I try to bring up my calls per day my quality (very subjective by the way... I have NEVER been rude to a customer or had an escalation) goes down and vice versa. My supervisor is real nice, but our AD is a complete idiot. She messed up my training classes schedules after SHE said that there would not be a schedule change, then lies about what she said afterwards when we ALL knew better. She just became AD a few months ago to my knowledge, but it is very apparent to everyone who knows her that she is far too dumb for her job. She has had a bad reputation for quite some time around here, so it really makes me wonder how she ever got past csr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

To TimmyOToole, I hope it was clear that I was posting the Tampa job description that I saw. I was wondering if the job description and upbeat tone fit the reality of the work experience in Tampa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

casper47 in Ashley, Michigan

54 months ago

I have been with VZW for 4 years. The slogan "We are working for you" does not apply to employees or customers either. They must be talking to each other when they say that. For customers we are told to gouge the customer for all we can get out of them. Oh, they don't use the word gouge or sucker. They use more pleasant words like, "customer needs". Like they care what the customer really "NEEDS". Once you get close to the carrot they get a longer stick to put it on. To get a raise in sales you have to fill out a long form telling them what your detailed sales numbers for the last year were, as if they don't already know. To get FMLA you are always fighting with MetLife. As far as going Green that they taunt so much about. They would help save the planet (if that were their real concern) better by letting employees take all their vacation at one time (if the employee wanted it that way) instead of making employees go on several short vacations. Well so much for paperless billing helping to save the planet. Once again it’s in VZW's financial interest for paperless billing, not to save s tree as they claim. The carbon footprint from several short vacations is likely to be much greater than one longer vacation. Then they give you excuses that simply don't hold water. Supervisors and managers only care about where they are going in VZW, not where they came from, they forget that. I may find myself unemployed soon but if it saves my sanity it will be worth it. Have I worked for worse companies in the past? Yes I have, but the key words are, “have I worked for”.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn Lehman in Findlay, Ohio

53 months ago

I'm trying to get a job with Verizon Wireless right now. Any tips to get my application and resume noticed? I've been in wireless now for three years. I'm not employed now and I'm trying really hard to get back into the wireless business! I'm very enthusiastic and I'm awesome with customers! I just need a chance to prove it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn Lehman in Findlay, Ohio

53 months ago

Pardon my mistake that's supposed to say I WAS in wireless for three years in a corporate store. Not with Verizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mahogany in Marietta, Georgia

52 months ago

I am getting ready to start working for VZW and all I can say after reading all of these post is. Try not having a job for 3 months with 2 kids and staying with a friend after relocating to another state and any job with a company that has medical denatal and vision insurance from day one is better than none. I have worked for Time Warner cable and if I made a year in that pure unadulterated hell hole of a call center you can stop whining and complaining. I learned there are rules you have to play by to get ahead not just so called "Butt kissing" but hard work and not trying to be clicked up with everyone, becuase even if you do make friends with everyone ultimatly if its your job or theirs trust me it will be yours and butt kissers are no exception. I am just happy to have another job, I am willing to dance to their song.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

rain1 in Norcross, Georgia

52 months ago

congratulations on your new job. I know what you mean...I have been out of work for 8 months and have 1 child so hopefully I will be working in the call center here in GA. I had a initial phone interview then was moved to the assessment test that was a couple hrs long, passed that, had another phone interview, passed that then was set up for a face to face interview. received a phone call today for last interview which will be a face to face as well scheduled for tomorrow. So wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

rain1 in Norcross, Georgia

52 months ago

rain1 in Norcross, Georgia said: congratulations on your new job. I know what you mean...I have been out of work for 8 months and have 1 child so hopefully I will be working in the call center here in GA. I had a initial phone interview then was moved to the assessment test that was a couple hrs long, passed that, had another phone interview, passed that then was set up for a face to face interview. received a phone call today for last interview which will be a face to face as well scheduled for tomorrow. So wish me luck.

Hired!!! start on Monday :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sacgary in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Verizon Wireless?

What do you like best about working at Verizon Wireless? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I started working for Verizon Wireless in 2004 as a Date Technical Support rep starting salary $16.00 per hour. Now I am making over $21.
The benefits start immediately, there is no waiting period to contribute to 401K and the 401K fully vests at 3 years.
There are 2 weeks vacation, and a 3rd week at 3 years, 1 week of paid personal time and 1 day per quarter ESN (Emergency Short Notice) that can be used for any reason.
They pay an annual incentive bonus based on company performance as well as profit sharing. The bonus can go to either the 401K or in your paycheck. The profit sharing goes to the 401K.
They also offer Medical, Dental, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Family Medical Emergency Leave and ADD with your choice of a selection of providers for the health and dental.
We can upgrade our phones every 10 months at the 2 year contract price, calling and data plans are 50% off and accessories are 20-30% discounted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sacgary in Sacramento, California

50 months ago

mahogany in Marietta, Georgia said: I am getting ready to start working for VZW and all I can say after reading all of these post is. Try not having a job for 3 months with 2 kids and staying with a friend after relocating to another state and any job with a company that has medical denatal and vision insurance from day one is better than none. I have worked for Time Warner cable and if I made a year in that pure unadulterated hell hole of a call center you can stop whining and complaining. I learned there are rules you have to play by to get ahead not just so called "Butt kissing" but hard work and not trying to be clicked up with everyone, becuase even if you do make friends with everyone ultimatly if its your job or theirs trust me it will be yours and butt kissers are no exception. I am just happy to have another job, I am willing to dance to their song.

You will do just fine there with the attitude that you have. The technical support area is the best, but the other departments are great. Customer focus is what they want and if you are dedicated to getting the customer's issue resolved your stay will be just fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MrsWhitfield2010

47 months ago

Does anyone know what the training hours are like for a CSR? Is it Mon-Friday for the first 3 months?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chamber in Florence, Alabama

47 months ago

MrsWhitfield2010 said: Does anyone know what the training hours are like for a CSR? Is it Mon-Friday for the first 3 months?

I was told that the class room training is 7 weeks long and they have classes that are from 6:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. and then another from 3:30 P.M. - 12:30 A.M. I'm not sure if you have a say in which class, I would assume they might give you an option if they have slots open in both. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

XTMM in Indiana, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Can anyone tell me exactly what the employee phone discount is? I will be starting as a customer service rep shortly and I want to know how much I will be saving off my bill as well as the other perks of this particular discount.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jarred in Franklin, Tennessee

46 months ago

goodthing in Nashville, Tennessee said: I work at the new call center in Franklin, TN. I have worked for other large companies. Let me say this, what company would want some whiny, ungrateful fool working for them! Most of these posts are from people who have no idea what is going on in the economy these days. My God be HAPPY you are working ANYWHERE! I think VZW is FANTASTIC. Benefits can't be beat. The tuition reimbursement alone, my goodness! Health benefits from DAY ONE! I work with people who have been with the company for well over 10 years and LOVE IT! So if you are that happy LEAVE, there are plenty of people out there struggling to feed their families who would be more then happy to take your place!

Hey, I am applying for a position in Franklin. What is the starting pay? Do you get free phone service? Is there child care?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mkteagle in Salt Lake City, Utah

46 months ago

50% off monthly discount plus 30% off of equipment is what they told me. I start on the 28th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kevinf1986 in Waterbury, Connecticut

46 months ago

Calexxia in Tempe, Arizona said: I'm curious about something; I have recently accepted employment at the local call center (most of the complaints I've read about VZW call centers are about the sort of things that are endemic to call center work, so I'm not too bothered by that).....

In the Perks, it says you get discounts on your personal VZW account. I know that AT&T/Cingular actually gives you a free account, so I was wondering what level of discount VZW gives.

I about to as well. A friend told me its about 50% off your bill. Not sure about handset discounts or anything like that though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kevinf1986 in Waterbury, Connecticut

46 months ago

Appreciate the post. Excited about an upcoming offer for a customer service job local to my area with Verizon. Got kind of worried reading all these negative posts. I'm sure half these people probably got hired, got too heavily involved with the internal drama and politics that it backfired on them. I tend to keep to myself and focus on my work. I'm sure hard work and positive attitude I don't think any supervisors will have any problems with that. Only thing I am worried about is that I do have a family. The training wont be a problem I will be home at 5 every day and have weekends off which will be nice. But, my starting shifts will be 3:00-11:30 p.m. Can be tough with a family but they promised that they are hiring thorugh x-mas and people get promoted to different job categories day in and day out that advancing to the morning shift until 2 takes a couple months only. Looking foward to that now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Supergnat in Cochranton, Pennsylvania

45 months ago

Hi,
Did you or anyone ever file a lawsuit? I am interested in joining in. Verizon Wireless put me and others through the ringer. It seriously took me a long time to try and recover from the hell they put me through. I left there over 2 years ago and still cannot believe how they abused the employees and pitted every sales rep against the other in a backstabbing game. I was a RSR and lived the hell for a long time. When they want you gone, they will make your life a living hell. By accident, I came across a store manager (married) kissing a CSR (married), but not to each other, behind the store. Awkward and they saw me, so I immediately get pulled out of the store by the District Manager, who calls my cell and to tell me I must leave the store immediately and go to another store. He then tells me I was reported by an employee for sexual harassment. I tell him what I saw a few hours earlier and why that must be why I was reported by the female, but it was to no avail pending an internal "investigation" Within 2 weeks, I was fired. I have had no $ to fight them. I tried reasoning with HR, but they said too bad. A couple of weeks after I was let go, I received a message from the accusing female "Sorry for my getting fired, and she only wanted to be transferred". I sent the message to HR and my old district manager and they ignored me. I had worked in Outside Telecom sales, a waiter in a busy restaurant and served in the Gulf War all prior to VZW. I had never worked in such a backstabbing, stressful and cut-throat environment. Whoever conceived the business plan was focused on pure intimidation, crazy hours, unrealistic goals that changed from month to month. When you are new to the company, you think it is great at first and the benefits are not bad, but the honeymoon wears off quickly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vzwemp in Middletown, Connecticut

44 months ago

kevinf1986 in Waterbury, Connecticut said: Appreciate the post. Excited about an upcoming offer for a customer service job local to my area with Verizon. Got kind of worried reading all these negative posts. I'm sure half these people probably got hired, got too heavily involved with the internal drama and politics that it backfired on them. I tend to keep to myself and focus on my work. I'm sure hard work and positive attitude I don't think any supervisors will have any problems with that. Only thing I am worried about is that I do have a family. The training wont be a problem I will be home at 5 every day and have weekends off which will be nice. But, my starting shifts will be 3:00-11:30 p.m. Can be tough with a family but they promised that they are hiring thorugh x-mas and people get promoted to different job categories day in and day out that advancing to the morning shift until 2 takes a couple months only. Looking foward to that now.

True, drama is a big factor in the center kevin. As far as scheduling, you will be working evenings for a good year before your shift changes. The shift bid is twice a year and you will have it at least that long. Schedule accomadations are few and far between. Hard work is appreciated, but be prepared to be micro managed. Every detail of your call is picked apart and the next supervisor you have will usually have the exact opposite idea of how the same call should go. As long as you don't mind changing your work habits to fit your supervisor and having no ability to make any autonomous decisions you will be just fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

43 months ago

I work at the Verizon call center here in Murfreesboro. I can tell you that customer service is not for everyone, and if you don't have a career plan you will find yourself just drawing a paycheck....but that's the case with ANY job.

Verizon is a company that wants you to grow. I used 7,500 of my 8,000 allowance for school last year, and I'm already back in class for the winter term, all paid for by Verizon. There are many opportunities to shadow with other departments, offline time to sign up for trainings such as Server 2003, and we have constant classroom trainings to keep us on top of company and industry changes. I know what my path is, and I know how I want to use Verizon during my journey. Do I plan on being with Verizon two years from now? Currently, no. I'm hoping to find a job that is more involved in my field of study. Could that change? Of course! You never know what opportunities lie around the corner.

Verizon is a great place to work and grow. So, before you come here bashing a company that gives so much to their employees, take a step back. Life is what you make it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Supergnat in Altoona, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

Good for you. I was in a retail sales environment and it was not what I made it. It was the number of new plans and crappy accessories we sold, no matter what the economic conditions. They used us up and spit us out and while they were doing it we had no life, did not sleep well, etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

former vzw emp in Torrington, Connecticut

42 months ago

so kevin how do you like vzw. , i worked for the company for about 6 1/2 years before i was let go. I agree with the last post. calls are not scored the same. wallingford was letting go of 15 - 20 reps per month since 1/2010, my time came in 8/2010. if you work there just watch your back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

David in Long Beach, California

41 months ago

I worked for Verizon Wireless in the retail channel. WORST JOB I EVER HAD!! I was always on time, exceeded at my job and was respected by my peers. The problem was that the management team is there to micro-manage the staff. If you don't sell the customer items they don't need you are not doing your job and will be written up. I went home every night with total dis-satisfaction because i sold someone something that they did not need and would not use just to avoid getting written up. I exceeded my quota several times and when i did they (all of a sudden) changed the commission quota for that month so i would not recieve my bonus for hitting/exceeding my quota. Verizon wireless does not care about its employees. They are considered (money makers for the company) and they are peasents. The benefits are good but they are not employee friendly. Customers come in to the store pissed off because verizon sneeks charges on their bills for Data. Thats their biggest scam. They bill $9.99 a mo and if a customer catches it and brings it to their attn we are told there is nothing we can do.

VERIZON WIRELESS SUCKS!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MCOW in Troy, Michigan

40 months ago

Why I resigned from a CSR position was due to the way customer accounts were handled. This is a mess in my opinion. Accurate tracking of what was done to an account is not clear, CSRs are supposed to remark accounts accurately but this does not happen. Often, you will have mistakes that cost the customer thousands. These are not faily dealt with in my opinion because we have no record to indicate the customer was telling the truth (from a CSR viewpoint). Of course, calls are recorded but there is no way for us or a customer to get this information in most cases. And, thats where I had trouble. Most of the time, things seem set-up for the customer to be ill-informed and overcharged and then leave the blame on CSRs for not following procedures. CCD information is sometimes impossible to accurately provide on a complex call. I have never been spoken to about this and it seems a common practive to review the CCD to the best of your memory. Accountability for our (company) mistakes seems minimal at best. Whats more, I noticed was that we reps were taking short cuts and leaving out information to meet our numbers. If we don't meet our numbers, we don't have a job. Surely, the company is aware of this as they do record and listen to our calls. So, you get a lot of unhappy customers that were billed for things they did not understand or did not want. Now, I understand that Verizon's business is about making money, but it seems to go too far when CSRs are blatantly lying to sell you a phone or get you off the phone. Your coaching is subjectively done by your supervisor and if he/she does not say anything (most don't) then this practice of manipulating and leaving out information continues. On some complex calls, there is no way to handle the call - customer gets lost in the system. In this case, reps do there best to show empathy and make promises to get them off the phone. In the end, I decided I could no longer work at Verizon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kegeorge0325 in Waterbury, Connecticut

40 months ago

In reading your post I can tell you it does not make much sense. At the same time your trying to hold fault Verizon Wireless for your failure to perform the job satisfactorily. Being a CSR is not an easy job. With that said, its not a dangerous job but it is stressful one and certainly not for everyone. I've been a CSR for about a year now and I have not had anywhere near the problems that you do. Why? It is not difficult to type a brief summary of the details on a call in a reasonable amount of time unless you are not able to multi-task or type at a reasonable speed. Both are normal requirements of the job of which you were probably asked at some point during the hiring phases or prepared for it during classroom instruction. Secondly, I've seen ppl terminated for not advising customers of all clear disclosures. That's very important to protect integrity and honesty as a company. At no time have I ever been instructed to "lie" or intentionally misinform customers about anything. If you were told to do that which I doubt you should've spoken to someone in HR. Lastly,coaching sessions are always about staff development. What can you do to improve statistics and ultimately take more calls per day? Now that is your job right? Taking as many calls as you can in the shortest amount of time so customers get assisted in an adequate amount of time when calling in. It sounds to me like you just might not have been the most qualified candidate when you were offered the job. Unfortunately being such a large company with staffing needs sometimes peope slip through the hiring process, especially if you represent yourself in a manner that you can do things you really can't, multi-task, type at a reasonable speed, make good decisions, etc. etc. Aside from that, customers always lie. In every business and in every corporation it can be expected that customers lie. Following policies, using tools, and making good decisions is necessary in every situation. Sorry it didn't work out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Kegeorge0325 in Waterbury, Connecticut

40 months ago

If you managed to get fired simply because you accidentally witnessed a manager kissing a CSR of which both were married and committing adultry I have a tough time buying that story. There has to be more to it than that. If you managed to get fired from a BS situation like that you must not have handled it the right way. That sounded like a pure tactic to cut you after you witnessed a serious company violation. Even tho i t was off of work hours, you should've reported it to the integrity line. Also, if you were a decent employee you should've just denied the sexual harassment claims especially if they had no proof and told them what you saw and if they proceeded with a false claim you were going to call the better business bureau and department of labor. Doesn't sound like you handled every properly. Most lawyers will work on a case win basis so you could've disputed it and found someone. That sucks that that happened to you if u r telling the truth but if not it makes sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Leasa Daniels in Fulton, Missouri

40 months ago

Just adding my 2 cents, I worked as a CSR in the Chandler, AZ site for a year and I would not hesitate to recommend vzw to any job seeker. I've worked in many call centers and I can say from experience that this is a good one. Benefits are good, pay is fair, and you can really stand behind a product that works. Sure, there is a typical amount of call center drama but I found it surprisingly easy to avoid the folks who perpetuate it and keep clear of any problems. I had trouble seeing eye to eye with one supervisor, but it didn't stop me from being able to do my job and my next sup was awesome. You get all the training you could possibly need and the facilities are nice as well. I wasn't always thrilled with the schedule, but they were upfront and fair about it, which is more than I can say about a lot of call centers that bait and switch. With that said, I have heard there is a big difference between retail and call center, so I can't vouch for stores, but if you can handle call center work in general, you can handle this one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.