Verizon wireless

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

scorpio25 in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

I was contacted by VW 2/28/12 to confirm the job description,benefits, salary, date job will start which is 04/02/2012, number of weeks for training and department hours. I was asked to reply to the email should I be ok with what VW had to offer me. After I replied I recieved an email same day asking me of the best time to have a phone interview I replied with my availablity hours for the date that was given to me. Moving forward I have had 3 interviews since and my last one which was last Monday 03/19/2012 I have yet to recieve any additional information from anyone concerning the position and again the job training starts 04/02/2012. When is the background check done? Is this lengthy process normal? If not is it ok to contact the employer my self by now just to follow up on my stats? What are the means of communication once a candidate has been accecpted or denied a position? Is it by mail, phone or email? or are they nnot notified at all?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pdispenza

31 months ago

first email or call your recruiter. They should sent you an offer letter by email. I would contact the recruiter immediately. I went through the same process but all mine has cleared and i start training 4/2 and yes this lengthy process is normal.

pdispenza

31 months ago

if you were to start on 4/2 then they should have already done your background check but you would know if they had because you have to take a drug test within 48 hours of the job offer, and then they start the rest of the process which takes about 7 days and then if you clear the background check you will be contacted by phone by the recruiter

31 months ago

pdispenza said: first email or call your recruiter. They should sent you an offer letter by email. I would contact the recruiter immediately. I went through the same process but all mine has cleared and i start training 4/2 and yes this lengthy process is normal.

Congrats are you already an employee, and if you dont mind me asking what is your position you applied for? I just got a call from the recruiter who stated that ALL of the Management staff where very impressed in all of the interviews and would select me as a candidate but as of last week the company unfortunately forces a freeze on external applicants for the position at which I was applying, due to Verizon centers closing down. She then stated when the next training class will start and asked to keep me posted concerning the same position. She went forth to say I will have to reapply but may not have to go through the interviews again but she would keep me posted. I thank God good still happened, someone was able to still keep there job despite me not getting one. I will just stay positive and hope the next time I will be just as successful.

pdispenza

31 months ago

Yea i am a retail sales rep, I have been applying since December of 2011. I had 3 interviews my self and still didn't get the job, then a couple weeks later another position opened and I applied for it also. from there i just kept following up with my recruiter and eventually I had my face to face with the manager and got the job the same day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Congrats and I do wish you the best of luck in your new position and i'm sure I will be joining your Verizon family Alpharetta Office soon.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.