What's the company culture at Verizon Wireless?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Verizon Wireless?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Verizon Wireless?

Reply - Report abuse

VZW Employee Rancho Cordova, CA in Sacramento, California

88 months ago

Well the enviroment will vary from center to center or wherever you chose to work. I personally work in a call center and the dress code is business casual & jeans for fridays (like most other companies)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Female discrimination in Frisco, Texas

85 months ago

Interview for this job in the past after being forwarned that over 11 females of highly successful friends & mutual friends had interview with them in Dallas in the past 1 - 2 years and not one was hired.

As I worked with these people and I knew my own documented success, I was very surprised these TOP players hadn't been hired - all were female.

In the Sales group the Manager was male and ALL sales people were male in the Dallas office. Yes, 100% ALL.

In the end I discovered that another male had been hired. This male is someone I knew & had previously worked with. What a joke! He was luke-warm skilled at best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

VZWFormerEmployee in Bedminster, New Jersey

82 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Verizon Wireless?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Verizon Wireless?

The below is an option of a former VZW employee and should not be quoted as fact.

Wow this is a difficult question. The dress codes are very simliar and the enviroments are not. I have been to many of the centers and I am amazed how different the vibe is in each one of them. Verizon Wireless has offices in so many different states. If you have been on vacation to another state, you can see how this may impact the mood of the location.

The key word is culture. There will never be a definitive answer to this question. Perceptions are different for everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Cashmere Dreams in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

The Center that I worked at they say Business Casual and some people follow it. Others, or most after time just go in with Jeans and a T-shirt, Maybe a polo. I wore jeans everyday. Another thing about the Culture is that alot of people are walking around drinking the company kool-aid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Sipe in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Cashmere Dreams, was that the call center in Cranberry, PA?

I just got hired there, I start Monday morning. I am interesting in what kind of employee discounts they give on phones, and how good a company they are to work for?

Any help would be great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.