Salaries and Benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Verizon?

What do you like best about working at Verizon? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Susan Moss in Hilliards, Pennsylvania

135 months ago

I was told that you were hiring. I need a job.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Stamford, Connecticut

135 months ago

I don't work for Verizon but here's a search for all Verizon jobs in Pennsylvania that may help you out: www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Verizon&l=PA

Reply - Report abuse

Guy in Victorville, California

135 months ago

My first recommendation would be to familiarize yourself with the general concepts of the Internet. You can't ask an automatically generated forum thread for a job.

Seriously.

Reply - Report abuse

Al in Newark, Delaware

134 months ago

Speaking as a former (retiree) Verizon employee & Network operations person..

Salary would be hard to answer as a general question for a company like Verizon. It would depend on what type of work and department. As a Network Operations Supv. that start pay is at least in the 60K-70K range for an experienced person. They would most likely hire from within(promotion or lateral)or experienced person from a former Bell company (they use same support platforms, like Bell South,AT&T, etc. and received the same training). Verizon like to promote from with-in, if they can. Your best bet (unless you have the specific skills they need) is to shoot for entry level positions and move up internally.

In general the pay and benefits are very good at all levels. The non-supervisory positions are mostly unionized (CWA or IBEW). However, like most corporations, they are cutting back on pensions & benefits on the Management and non-management.

Reply - Report abuse

Raksha Patel

133 months ago

Hello,

If you have any opening let me know ASAP. New-year is starting.

Thanks,
Raksha Patel

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

132 months ago

Raksha Patel said: Hello,
If you have any opening let me know ASAP. New-year is starting.
Thanks,
Raksha Patel

You have to apply through the Verizon web site.

Reply - Report abuse

Real1 in District Heights, Maryland

105 months ago

kjacko in washington, District of Columbia said: I pray that you did not fall for the crap the recruiter gave you. Verizon landline Potomac is one of the most mismanaged offices around. Part-timers have strict goals or you will find yourself being constantly monitored. There is no sick leave...you are forced to used FMLA in a fashion that the US gov did not intend. The bonuses are lousy! The insurance, PT have to pay for it ... Contractually, full time, union workers do not. Time in entitled is strictly enforced and you have to have at least a MR, meets requirements to move out of the postion after that time period. Raises are 6 months if you did not come in at top pay! Go to VZ.com Careers, union scaled pay is there... Because access is so bad OT is a must..they have offered pt employees the opportunity to transition to full-time, but you will grow to hate it. Conservatively, over 90% of the workers hate the job, love the pay!

How much are average monthly bonuses for reaching your sales objectives?

Reply - Report abuse

jenniferbilodeau in Asbury Park, New Jersey

61 months ago

What is the likelihood of Verizon selecting a candidate from a retail store for a corporate position?

I am hesitant to go back to retail after nearly 2 decades because of erratic hours and weekends, but would gladly do so for a company that would prefer hiring from within. Since my layoff last year, I took some time off and decided to pursue another degree focused on managing electronic waste. Verizon has had a few openings for this specific role, however, without the degree in hand I can not get an interview.

I have been offered a retail position that actually pays less than unemployment, and would be nearly a 70% paycut... but I would take in a heartbeat if the company truly promotes from within.

What is your experience with retail moving to corporate?

Reply - Report abuse

VZTRUTH in New Jersey

54 months ago

Daddy in Rochester, New York said: Hello,

I just tested and interviewed for a technician-cell position (Troy,NY). I believe in starting from the bottom so that I can move up. What is the starting salary or salary range considering the fact that I have a 2 years network engineer experience plus Bachelors degree in business , PMP certification and a masters degree in Telecom engineering from a well known university.

How soon can I move up the ladder? the position is 6hrs away rom where I reside....I know it will pay-off.

Thank you!

You have a very optimistic outlook as I did when I first started in the company over 6 yrs ago. I started at the bottom but reached top pay in no time. The pay increases WERE huge. However, the new contract screwed us. More than likely you will or have begun @ top pay based on having your BA alone and experience. A few pointers: (1) constant change is inevitable in this company so be prepared for it at any moment (2) just focus on getting your paycheck every Friday and you can get through the week (3) kiss &% if you want to get over to corporate in Basking Ridge (4) always cover yourself with everyone (5) Accept your co-workers as they are

Reply - Report abuse

Ckjcoon606@*****.*** in Cary, North Carolina

4 months ago

My husband has qualified to the next step interview. Only issue we are concerned about is the phone interview informed him that field technician line worker is a temporary position for 30 months. He currently is employed for the last 3 years at AT&T as an installer and had worked as line man for 2 years and has a degree for this position and wants to know the odds of becoming permanent. This job is what he's been striving for but the temp status is really scary. What are odds of becoming permanent from temporary status. Please need input

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey

4 months ago

[QUOTE who="Ckjcoon606@*****.*** in Cary, North Carolina" What are odds of becoming permanent from temporary status. Please need input
Who the heck knows?

Verizon is sharing that info.

Take them at their word that it is temp.
If that doesn't work for you, don't take the job.
It's that simple.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ckjcoon606@*****.*** in Cary, North Carolina

4 months ago

AtExit8 in City, New Jersey said: [QUOTE who="Ckjcoon606@*****.*** in Cary, North Carolina" What are odds of becoming permanent from temporary status. Please need input
Who the heck knows?

Verizon is sharing that info.

Take them at their word that it is temp.
If that doesn't work for you, don't take the job.
It's that simple.

Actually the job is up north in New York. As I stated it would be relocation. And from what we have heard is that it could lead to permanent so that's why I'm asking the odds of becoming a secure position. So your input actually had no useful information or direction to the question actually asked. Thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.