Tees or Ties?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Verizon?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Verizon?

Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Columbia, Maryland

92 months ago

Verizon has no dress code for employees. However, if you are in management, you need to use your discretion and dress appropriately. The union is for associates only and whether you become a member or not, you still have to pay dues (Maryland). Overall, Verizon is not a bad place to work unless you are in the business office. I have not worked there, but I have heard nothing but bad things and people anxiously awaiting to get out. In some of the other departments, it's a pretty typical corporate business day. Personally, as a employee of VZ, I like it and I have put in more than 20 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

junior in Elkridge, Maryland

85 months ago

I have been with Verizon for 10 years, and discovered yesterday that the company does have a dress code, it is just not vigorously enforced. Cheryl can find it at alphazone.verizon.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.