Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (601 to 650 of 1025)
Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

Joanna SImon in West Orange, New Jersey

25 months ago

No news here. Guess the rest of us didn't make it :(
Good luck to those who were selected.

Wish we all could have been there. Did anyone receive a e mail that they didn't make it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey

25 months ago

Just talk to Frank!!!! Got the offer so I will be there in SFO Jessica on the 3rd. He also mentioned there was more than 1 class so I expect you will hear something Joanna! Keep the spirit up! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

25 months ago

What time did he call you?

Nothing on my end yet =( Im so nervous and very sad if i don't get a call

What time did he call, and any other info?

Jessica in Belleville, New Jersey

25 months ago

Congratulations AirColbert!!!
So happy and excited to be moving forward with you!

Did you receive the email confirmation yet?

25 months ago

Joanna SImon in West Orange, New Jersey said: What time did he call you?

Nothing on my end yet =( Im so nervous and very sad if i don't get a call

What time did he call, and any other info?

A little bit before noon.

@Jessica, no i have not. Have you received it yet. I have a sigh of relief but I wont count my chickens until I get that email also lol We should exchange emails too

LVHopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada

25 months ago

Im not sure if my first question went through, sorry if it did! Will they not hire you to be an AirportTeam Member if you do not have a license? I live about 15 mins away from the airport by bus so I would have no problem getting to work on time.

Jessica in Elizabeth, New Jersey

25 months ago

I haven't!
And as you said, we can't really do anything until that email comes in authenticating everything.
Frank mentioned holding off on handing in our resignation notices to our current employers until then.

My email is jemima2790@hotmail.com
:)

25 months ago

@AirColbert @Jessica, Congratulations to you guys! Did you guys have any airline/airport experience? I have CS Experience but not with any airline and I wonder if that is a requirement.

25 months ago

Aww thanks @LVHopeful!

To my knowledge, having a drivers license is not a requirement, but they did ask me if I drove during my group interview. So I'm not quite certain.

And personally, I have no airline experience, but I'm positive having customer service experience is what helped a lot of people to be considered for this position.

25 months ago

@Jessica, you're welcome and thanks for answering! Good Luck with everything, I'm sure it will be amazing!

JET-nyc in Manhattan

25 months ago

Hi All:

BA is hiring @ EWR bitly.com/WULqaL

25 months ago

LVHopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada said: @AirColbert @Jessica, Congratulations to you guys! Did you guys have any airline/airport experience? I have CS Experience but not with any airline and I wonder if that is a requirement.

I did have airline experience but the pool was filled with people who didn't or did. They totally are not favoring anyone with experience in regards to who they invite to interview and obviously in Jessica's case hire. Customer service is a must and I would say everyone there had at least 3 years of that.

Patiently Waiting in Newark, New Jersey

25 months ago

Thanks @ JET!-- Hey guys! I got a thanks but no thanks email bcz I forget that I had a small cloud tattoo on the side of my hand. Its very tiny but obviously they still saw it. Anyhow I had it removed with Wrecking Balm but I guess Im alil too late. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE who made it. I hope you continue to post to let us know how the training is and when you get to CALI!!!!!!! Rock those uniforms guys they are super cute!

Jessica in New York, New York

25 months ago

Thank you @Patiently Waiting... And I'm so so sorry to hear you didn't make it! :(
Even if its not this oppurtunity, I'm certain another great one will come your way soon.
Stay positive! :)

@AirColbert- Did you receive the email comfirmation yet?
I recieved mine a couple hours ago!
It's finally official!
^_^

25 months ago

Jessica in New York, New York said: Thank you @Patiently Waiting... And I'm so so sorry to hear you didn't make it! :(
Even if its not this oppurtunity, I'm certain another great one will come your way soon.
Stay positive! :)

@AirColbert- Did you receive the email comfirmation yet?
I recieved mine a couple hours ago!
It's finally official!
^_^

Hehe yes Jessica! I didn't have time to post it. It feels great though! Its finally official. I am soooo excited to be with them and they are already adding new cities again so it appears we are old news now. There is going to be so much opportunity for everyone!

@Patiently Waiting, I too am sad this didn't work out for all of us. I know this sounds cliche but It probably means something better is coming along in your life.

25 months ago

I'm in also. Just received my e mail also. I'm flying out on the 3rd. Woohoo. See y'all in training!!!

Jessica in New York, New York

25 months ago

Omg congratulations Joanna!!
^_^

25 months ago

Joanna SImon in West Orange, New Jersey said: I'm in also. Just received my e mail also. I'm flying out on the 3rd. Woohoo. See y'all in training!!!

That's great Joanna! See you there! I didn't get any information about flights yet though. I was only told verbally I was leaving on the 3rd. Joanna we interviewed on the same day so it will be nice to see a familiar face and reflect on all this lol

JET-nyc in Manhattan

25 months ago

Patiently Waiting in Newark, New Jersey said: Thanks @ JET!-- Hey guys! I got a thanks but no thanks email bcz I forget that I had a small cloud tattoo on the side of my hand. Its very tiny but obviously they still saw it. Anyhow I had it removed with Wrecking Balm but I guess Im alil too late. CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE who made it. I hope you continue to post to let us know how the training is and when you get to CALI!!!!!!! Rock those uniforms guys they are super cute!

@Patient I hope yu get smethng wth BA, they go to a lot mre places.
good luck

TakeflightDev in San Luis Obispo, California

24 months ago

Hi all,

I just recently applied for the VA Airport Team Member position based in SF.. Anyone else recently apply and hear back from VA about an interview?

I love reading these threads, get so caught up in it all, but they also make me anxious to get started and have an interview! Wishing all those that recently applied the best of luck!!

24 months ago

Good luck TakeflightDev! There is alot of information in the thread that is beneficial to take advantage of. Just don't get too ahead of yourself.

24 months ago

Hey All,
I applied to VA in Las Vegas on Feb 9th and took the assesment test. The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview? I saw in this thread most people got a call back within a week and its been about 7 days since I applied.

Thanks!

Hopeful Applicant in San Francisco, California

24 months ago

Hello everyone, I applied on Saturday, Feb. 9 as well for the SFO-Airport Team Member position. I was also wondering how long it takes for them to call back? My friend and I both recently applied (we currently both work at the airport as well) and she already got a call back for a group interview yesterday. I, however, have not and I only applied one day after she did. I was wondering if most people at least get a call back, especially to those who already have experience at the airport.

My other reason for them not calling is probably because this weekend is president's weekend and that we both work at the same place so we won't be interviewing together. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated and good luck to those who applied! Thanks!

SoCal VX in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

LVHopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hey All,
I applied to VA in Las Vegas on Feb 9th and took the assesment test. The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview? I saw in this thread most people got a call back within a week and its been about 7 days since I applied.

Thanks!

Hi LVHopeful,

Nothing under the action box only means there is nothing they need you to do at the moment such as the assessment test which did show in that spot until it was completed.

The people team is really busy right now hiring for EWR, SFO, LAX and SJC for GST's and LAX for inflight so it may take a little while to get to everyone. Dont get discouraged. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TakeflightDev in San Luis Obispo, California

24 months ago

Hopeful Applicant in San Francisco, California said: Hello everyone, I applied on Saturday, Feb. 9 as well for the SFO-Airport Team Member position. I was also wondering how long it takes for them to call back? My friend and I both recently applied (we currently both work at the airport as well) and she already got a call back for a group interview yesterday. I, however, have not and I only applied one day after she did. I was wondering if most people at least get a call back, especially to those who already have experience at the airport.

My other reason for them not calling is probably because this weekend is president's weekend and that we both work at the same place so we won't be interviewing together. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated and good luck to those who applied! Thanks!

Hi Hopeful applicant,

What date did your friend get invited to the group interview? I applied on the 12th, but haven't heard anything as of yet.. Really want to get invited to the next group interview!!

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

Hey, all... Is anyone having trouble logging into the VX website? Like when you click on the link to "let me apply", it just freezes and never gets there? Or if I'm the only one having this problem, what can I do? It's been a few days and I didn't get to finish my submission. That'd be terrible to not work for VX just because I had technical difficulties!

Rk15 in San Bruno, California

24 months ago

Hopeful Applicant in San Francisco, California said: Hello everyone, I applied on Saturday, Feb. 9 as well for the SFO-Airport Team Member position. I was also wondering how long it takes for them to call back? My friend and I both recently applied (we currently both work at the airport as well) and she already got a call back for a group interview yesterday. I, however, have not and I only applied one day after she did. I was wondering if most people at least get a call back, especially to those who already have experience at the airport.

Hey! I work at the airport too! Same terminal as VA actually! I applied on the 10th and got a call on the 14th of feb to attend the group interview on the 20th. Since i had an internal reference im assuming that helped but the group interviews are this wednesday for 4 hours! What could they possibly ask for 4 hours?? I have no idea but hope you got a call!

24 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: What could they possibly ask for 4 hours?? I have no idea but hope you got a call!

It will take that long to go through everything. From check in, to the ice breaker activity to hearing about the company and then the actual interview will occur which can be different apparently. Mine was an interview with I believe 5 other people at a time where we all took turns answering questions. There are some people that have reported on here they got actual one on one interviews. They give you breaks in between each session. And if you are one of the last to interview that what can make it take 4 hours. At mine it was chosen randomly who interviewed first and the rest had to wait in the lobby until called. You will notice how long you have been there but at the same time it will not drag out! It will be fun and if you are like anyone else on here, if you are eager to work for VX before you interview you will be screaming inside yourself with excitement while you are there. You probably wont want to leave. That's how I felt anyways. There is no timeline for a call back for interviews. For me personally I applied in December for EWR and got a call the second week of Jan If I remember correctly while others have applied in Jan. And I can attest that someone on here applied AFTER me but got a call a week BEFORE me so its hard to know if you are still in the running. You will receive a TBNT email if you don't pass the assessment or other reasons. I have a friend who applied and didn't get called to interview but got the email about 4 days before my interview date. Good luck to everyone in SFO and LAS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Congratulations, Rk15! That's good to know... keep us posted!

AirColbert, you are so awesome - thank you for sharing!

As for me, I lost out on my Valentine's Day evening since I was finishing the assessment that day. Originally, I didn't mean to hit "apply" rignt away and am not even sure what happened, as my profile wasn't finished yet but then it switched to "Applied" so even after I took the assessment, I rushed to get in my cover letter and stuff but even that took through yesterday morning since their website wasn't working with my browser (didn't figure it out till yesterday). I hate that I may not be considered if all they could see was my unfinished profile originally. Is it possible they can get our updates to our profile? Or hopefully they didn't get to it right after it was initially submitted but only this morning for the first time?

Do you only get an email to take the assessment if they're initially interested, or is that an automatic response when your application is submitted?

So I was thinking that I may no longer be in the running BUT if what you're saying is true even for LAX, that if it's a "no thanks" and that I'll get that email, well good news is I haven't got that email yet! :) That would suck too though not passing the test. It was real hard for me because there were a lot of questions I could go either way, so I really don't know how I did. AirColbert, did you or your friend ever send in for the test results?

24 months ago

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California said: Is it possible they can get our updates to our profile?

You get the email automatically. From reading the flight attendant forums it appears you only need to take the assessment once per year even though it automatically pops up no matter what job you apply for. The test is pretty hard with some questions i will agree lol. They want someone who is consistent with all their answers BUT it has to be what they are looking for :) They don't tell us what our score was on it (I am not sure that's possible) but I couldn't care less what I got. I was just glad to be there. They let us know they only contact the top ~5% of people who pass. Please someone correct me if I am wrong on that number but basically it is an accomplishment to even make the group interview! Supposedly its easier to get into Stanford than it is to get into Virgin America from a percentages standpoint. I am not sure if they can see updates. My gut is that they see what you sent and once it says "applied" no other changes can be made to that "submitted application".

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California said: well good news is I haven't got that email yet! :)

That's whats most important :) Good Luck LAXgirl

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello in Santa Monica, California

24 months ago

LAXgirl in Los Angeles, California said: Congratulations, Rk15! That's good to know... keep us posted!

AirColbert, you are so awesome - thank you for sharing!

As for me, I lost out on my Valentine's Day evening since I was finishing the assessment that day. Originally, I didn't mean to hit "apply" rignt away and am not even sure what happened, as my profile wasn't finished yet but then it switched to "Applied" so even after I took the assessment, I rushed to get in my cover letter and stuff but even that took through yesterday morning since their website wasn't working with my browser (didn't figure it out till yesterday). I hate that I may not be considered if all they could see was my unfinished profile originally. Is it possible they can get our updates to our profile? Or hopefully they didn't get to it right after it was initially submitted but only this morning for the first time?

Do you only get an email to take the assessment if they're initially interested, or is that an automatic response when your application is submitted?

So I was thinking that I may no longer be in the running BUT if what you're saying is true even for LAX, that if it's a "no thanks" and that I'll get that email, well good news is I haven't got that email yet! :) That would suck too though not passing the test. It was real hard for me because there were a lot of questions I could go either way, so I really don't know how I did. AirColbert, did you or your friend ever send in for the test results?

Hey LAX Girl, I'm also thinking that the LAX posting was put up after all the other ones. I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that they will probably get to our applications a few days after??? (Though, that's just a guess).

Rk15 in San Bruno, California

24 months ago

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey said: It will take that long to go through everything. From check in, to the ice breaker activity to hearing about the company and then the actual interview will occur which can be different apparently. Mine was an interview with I believe 5 other people at a time where we all took turns answering questions. There are some people that have reported on here they got actual one on one interviews. They give you breaks in between each session. And if you are one of the last to interview that what can make it take 4 hours. At mine it was chosen randomly who interviewed first and the rest had to wait in the lobby until called. You will notice how long you have been there but at the same time it will not drag out! It will be fun and if you are like anyone else on here, if you are eager to work for VX before you interview you will be screaming inside yourself with excitement while you are there. You probably wont want to leave. That's how I felt anyways. There is no timeline for a call back for interviews. For me personally I applied in December for EWR and got a call the second week of Jan If I remember correctly while others have applied in Jan. And I can attest that someone on here applied AFTER me but got a call a week BEFORE me so its hard to know if you are still in the running. You will receive a TBNT email if you don't pass the assessment or other reasons. I have a friend who applied and didn't get called to interview but got the email about 4 days before my interview date. Good luck to everyone in SFO and LAS!

How soon does training start after the group interview?? Thanks for all the info!!

24 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: How soon does training start after the group interview?? Thanks for all the info!!

Kinda hard to say. Mine is going to be 2 months I start since interviewing but it is for a new city. I think with SFO/LAX/LAS it wont nearly be that long. Maybe a month max.

24 months ago

Thank you, AirColbert! haha, I'm still second-guessing some of those assessment questions and answers!

Hey, Hello in Santa Monica, thanks so much for sharing that. I really like that line of thinking and did not think that myself, so that really helps - thank you! I hope you're right and it's that they just are filling the other classes first, especially since I just completed my profile yesterday morning.

I will let y'all know if I hear anything... God bless!

Lady Isyss in San Jose, California

24 months ago

Finally got a call for a phone interview today. We will see how it goes

24 months ago

Congrats and good luck to everyone who has just begun the process! I know its been said already, but please take the time to read these forums, they will more than likely answer any questions you may encounter over the next few weeks!
It's a long process, but an exciting one, and no matter how far along you manage to get, it will be rewarding as well!

@Air Colbert- Please email me when you can! :)

24 months ago

@Jessica,

I did email from my email address. Did you not get it? If not email me RedwoodA319100@yahoo.com and I will email you back :p

Jessica in Astoria, New York

24 months ago

I haven't recieved anything from you yet. :(
And I just tried emailing you, but it bounced back.

24 months ago

Jessica in Astoria, New York said: I haven't recieved anything from you yet. :(
And I just tried emailing you, but it bounced back.

Ok I just emailed you again...lol I don't know why this isn't working

Jessica in Astoria, New York

24 months ago

Still haven't got anything..
What's going on? :(

24 months ago

Jessica in Astoria, New York said: Still haven't got anything..
What's going on? :(

I don't know. I have sent from 2 different email address though. And I am still waiting on my Red Carpet email from Virgin.

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California

24 months ago

I applied Wednesday night for the LAX GST position and received my invitation phone call yesterday (Thurs.) I will be interviewing on Monday. Anyone else from this forum going to be there? The recruiter, Cassandra Saindon, said she was really impressed with my resume, and that she would really like for me to attend the group interview. My only worry is that they will see that I'm only 18 and will think I can't handle the position.

24 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I applied Wednesday night for the LAX GST position and received my invitation phone call yesterday (Thurs.) I will be interviewing on Monday. Anyone else from this forum going to be there? The recruiter, Cassandra Saindon, said she was really impressed with my resume, and that she would really like for me to attend the group interview. My only worry is that they will see that I'm only 18 and will think I can't handle the position.

Don't worry about your age, that isn't a problem. We have had really young people as GST's. just make sure our resume is correct and true. They do EXTENSIVE background checks including FBI, Homeland Security and Customs and Border Patrol.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

24 months ago

At the most it takes 2 weeks for a call the least 6 day mayb..

24 months ago

SoCal VX in Los Angeles, California said: Don't worry about your age, that isn't a problem. We have had really young people as GST's. just make sure our resume is correct and true. They do EXTENSIVE background checks including FBI, Homeland Security and Customs and Border Patrol.

I was sure to fill out the application emailed to me as throughly as possible, knowing that they'd be sure to verify everything. I do have a question for you though. I am planning on wearing a button-up shirt, tie, and khakis with black dress shoes to the interview tomorrow. The recruiter on the phone advised business casual, but the email I got regarding the interview says business attire.

24 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I was sure to fill out the application emailed to me as throughly as possible, knowing that they'd be sure to verify everything. I do have a question for you though. I am planning on wearing a button-up shirt, tie, and khakis with black dress shoes to the interview tomorrow. The recruiter on the phone advised business casual, but the email I got regarding the interview says business attire.

In our company we never wear ties but it won't hurt for the interview.

PacerRacer in California

24 months ago

Hello all, I went into the interview process last wednesday making it 6 days ago. Question is when do everyone find out if they move on to the next steps in the hiring process? Do those that not move on find out early before those who do or vice versa? Also will I be contacted through phone or email? Seems through reading here it's through email. Thanks in advance everyone. I'm super excited and nervous of what will be coming up!

MLag2515 in Weatherford, Texas

24 months ago

Hello from Texas! It appears I am the first one to post from the DFW group. We interviewed two weeks ago and I still have not gotten a response. I even emailed the recruiters to ask about a time frame for when we would be notified, and still have gotten no response. It's like they have completely dropped off the face of the earth. Is this common? They told us we should have been notified last week whether or not we get to move on with the process. I want this job sooo bad!!

24 months ago

MLag2515 in Weatherford, Texas said: Hello from Texas! It appears I am the first one to post from the DFW group. We interviewed two weeks ago and I still have not gotten a response. I even emailed the recruiters to ask about a time frame for when we would be notified, and still have gotten no response. It's like they have completely dropped off the face of the earth. Is this common? They told us we should have been notified last week whether or not we get to move on with the process. I want this job sooo bad!!

In my interview yesterday, we were told that it may take longer than expected to hear back. This is because the People Team is busy as they're in the process of hiring a lot of Inflight. That and hiring for all of the stations opening in the coming months. If it's been two weeks, I would call Edwina or Labrina to check up. Whoever emailed you from VX, their phone number should be in the signature part at the end of the email. Good luck! :D

24 months ago

From personal experience it does nothing to email them. They will reach out to you if they have any questions. If you are selected or not to move on you will be notified which shouldn't take any longer than 3 weeks. Mine was 2 weeks and I have not read anywhere where it takes longer than 3. I know it is brutal to wait but they are not waiting to see who contacts them to show them who wants it the most. The enthusiasm of wanting the position should have been expressed at your very best during the interview. I cant express how hard it is to wait!!! I know its hard because I just went through it. For now carry on with your normal (well try to carry on..i know its hard) routine and remember NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Unless you have gotten a thanks but no thanks email just stay positive. KidellPowell is right. VX is hiring for alot of locations and positions right now so it may take longer for them to get back to you with offers. Good luck to you 3!

Page:  « First « Previous   10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.