Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (651 to 700 of 1053)
Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

MLag2515 in Weatherford, Texas

54 months ago

That's what I keep telling myself! NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS! Thanks for all of the insight!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

54 months ago

Hello, I attended the interview on Monday 2/25 for the LAX position. I applied on 2/20 and was invited to the interview on 2/21. I am waiting on a call to see if I will be moving forward, so if anyone hears anything please post here and I will do the same!

Good Luck everyone!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Vegas hopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada

54 months ago

LVHopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hey All,
I applied to VA in Las Vegas on Feb 9th and took the assesment test. The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview? I saw in this thread most people got a call back within a week and its been about 7 days since I applied.

Thanks!

Have you heard anything yet? I am in the same boat and still nothing.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Antthpwd

54 months ago

I aPplied for the LAX position two weeks ago and haven't heard anything

Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Antthpwd said: I aPplied for the LAX position two weeks ago and haven't heard anything

There was a group interview on Monday and they said out of 400 applications only 50 got invited... But they also said that they are trying to hire alot between now and 2015 so dont give up and good luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: There was a group interview on Monday and they said out of 400 applications only 50 got invited... But they also said that they are trying to hire alot between now and 2015 so dont give up and good luck!

I thought he said 800 applied. Either way, the ratio of applicants to interviewees isn't very high. Which table were you at on Monday?

[QUOTE who= "Vegas hopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada"]I applied to VA in Las Vegas on Feb 9th and took the assesment test. The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview? I saw in this thread most people got a call back within a week and its been about 7 days since I applied.
Thanks!

Once interviews have been conducted, the job listing is taken down. But because VX will be hiring so much in the near future, your application will remain active in their system for one year. So when they open the next listing you may be getting a call.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Antthpwd in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: There was a group interview on Monday and they said out of 400 applications only 50 got invited... But they also said that they are trying to hire alot between now and 2015 so dont give up and good luck!

Ohh,Thank you.I actually applied to a few Airlines for flight attendant and Airport team member position

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I thought he said 800 applied. Either way, the ratio of applicants to interviewees isn't very high. Which table were you at on Monday?

I was at Table # 1 at the 8am group. What about you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I thought he said 800 applied. Either way, the ratio of applicants to interviewees isn't very high. Which table were you at on Monday?

[QUOTE who= "Vegas hopeful in Las Vegas, Nevada"]I applied to VA in Las Vegas on Feb 9th and took the assesment test. The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview? I saw in this thread most people got a call back within a week and its been about 7 days since I applied.
Thanks!

Once interviews have been conducted, the job listing is taken down. But because VX will be hiring so much in the near future, your application will remain active in their system for one year. So when they open the next listing you may be getting a call.

I was at Table # 1 at the 8am group.. what about you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: I was at Table # 1 at the 8am group.. what about you

Ohh, I was at Table 4 with the 1pm group. I was really impressed though with the way VX does their interviews. Everyone was really nice and funny and made it feel more like a get together than a meeting. Just makes me want to be a part of the team even more!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: Ohh, I was at Table 4 with the 1pm group. I was really impressed though with the way VX does their interviews. Everyone was really nice and funny and made it feel more like a get together than a meeting. Just makes me want to be a part of the team even more!

I can agree, I really did like the way they held the interview process. Did they give you a time frame when you would be contacted to know if you are moving forward?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: I can agree, I really did like the way they held the interview process. Did they give you a time frame when you would be contacted to know if you are moving forward?

I just realized I said meeting instead of interview. Oops haha.
I had my one on one with Harvey and he told me to expect to be contacted within two weeks.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I just realized I said meeting instead of interview. Oops haha.
I had my one on one with Harvey and he told me to expect to be contacted within two weeks.

I heard by Friday, then I heard in a week and I also heard in two weeks. So I guess it would be safe to give it two weeks....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: The job posting is no longer available however it is still listed under my "Jobs I have applied to" but there is nothing in the box under "Action". Does anyone know if this means I will not be getting a call for an interview?

Mine is still there. I wouldn't worry about it. I have checked to see if it would go away after I got hired and it is still there. The action box would only tell you take the assessment if you applied without taking that. After it is done it will remain blank and has no indication on if you will get a call.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ilookupatthesky in Arizona

54 months ago

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey said: From personal experience it does nothing to email them. They will reach out to you if they have any questions. If you are selected or not to move on you will be notified which shouldn't take any longer than 3 weeks. Mine was 2 weeks and I have not read anywhere where it takes longer than 3. I know it is brutal to wait but they are not waiting to see who contacts them to show them who wants it the most. The enthusiasm of wanting the position should have been expressed at your very best during the interview. I cant express how hard it is to wait!!! I know its hard because I just went through it. For now carry on with your normal (well try to carry on..i know its hard) routine and remember NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. Unless you have gotten a thanks but no thanks email just stay positive. KidellPowell is right. VX is hiring for alot of locations and positions right now so it may take longer for them to get back to you with offers. Good luck to you 3!

Mine has taken longer than 3 weeks, I also interviewed for EWR. I know my backgound check took a while, they were having problems verifying on thing on there, but eventually got it, sent me for my drug test. Several days later you guys started posting you were called with offers... I'm assuming at this point I didn't get it, but have not gotten the tbnt. I'm holding onto a very slight thread of hope, but not so much since I know you are going to orientation on 3/3. In the meantime, I've gotten called by JetBlue for an interview, but that's in PHL, and my commute would be twice as long. Plus I really wanted to work for Virgin. Oh well. Anyway, my point was, lol, that my wait is going on 6 weeks- 3 1/2 weeks since my drug test.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey

54 months ago

ilookupatthesky in Arizona said: Mine has taken longer than 3 weeks, I also interviewed for EWR. I know my backgound check took a while, they were having problems verifying on thing on there, but eventually got it, sent me for my drug test. Several days later you guys started posting you were called with offers... I'm assuming at this point I didn't get it, but have not gotten the tbnt. I'm holding onto a very slight thread of hope, but not so much since I know you are going to orientation on 3/3. In the meantime, I've gotten called by JetBlue for an interview, but that's in PHL, and my commute would be twice as long. Plus I really wanted to work for Virgin. Oh well. Anyway, my point was, lol, that my wait is going on 6 weeks- 3 1/2 weeks since my drug test.

That is very weird. I wish I knew what to tell you. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe class is full and they will contact you with an opening later? I just don't want to think negative. There was someone on this thread in the beginning pages that said they got a call like a month after everyone else with VX asking if she was still interested and they would call her back after a training class date is confirmed. It sucks to know that getting as far as the drug test is not a basic guarantee that you got the job. Gosh this is a tough company to get into! I can only imagine how hard it is to continue to hold on to hope. I will be sure to post if everyone that was chosen for EWR is at training when I have time if you want. Don't let this discourage you with jebtlue either.

Reply - Report abuse

flyingirl in San Jose, California

54 months ago

Hi everyone!

I applied to the airport team member position at SJC in the beginning of FEB. It has almost been a month and I haven't heard anything from VA.

What should I do? There isn't a counter up yet so I can't go and ask someone at the airport.

Is there anyway I can contact someone for more information?

ALSO WHAT IS THE PROCESS AFTER APPLYING?

Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

flyingirl in San Jose, California said: Hi everyone!

I applied to the airport team member position at SJC in the beginning of FEB. It has almost been a month and I haven't heard anything from VA.

What should I do? There isn't a counter up yet so I can't go and ask someone at the airport.

Is there anyway I can contact someone for more information?

ALSO WHAT IS THE PROCESS AFTER APPLYING?

Thanks

I dont think they contact anyone until they are ready to schedule the interview. I know they just had interviews for LAX. If the job is still up on the website they are most likely not contacting anyone for the interview yet. The process after applying:

1. The assessment
2. Invite to the interview
3. Online application (but you must do this before you attend the interview)
4. Interview
5. Contacting to let you know you are moving forward (could take 1-3 weeks)
6. Background check
7. Drug Test
8. Job Offer

Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Anyone else applying at SJC for airport team member?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ilookupatthesky in Arizona

54 months ago

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey said: That is very weird. I wish I knew what to tell you. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe class is full and they will contact you with an opening later? I just don't want to think negative. There was someone on this thread in the beginning pages that said they got a call like a month after everyone else with VX asking if she was still interested and they would call her back after a training class date is confirmed. It sucks to know that getting as far as the drug test is not a basic guarantee that you got the job. Gosh this is a tough company to get into! I can only imagine how hard it is to continue to hold on to hope. I will be sure to post if everyone that was chosen for EWR is at training when I have time if you want. Don't let this discourage you with jebtlue either.

Thanks AirColbert, I'd be curious to know if that's everyone... I was told I'd hear from Frank early next week at the latest according to an email this week, but I was also told I'd hear from him 2 weeks ago so... lol. Such is life! I do work for an airline now, so I'm well aware of the waiting times and how these go. I do have a 3rd interview with JetBlue on Tuesday, so I'm staying hopeful for that! They typically contact more quickly after interviews, so that will be nice, I don't know how much more waiting I can take!!

Hope you have fun in SF!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Has anyone that attended the group interviews last week in LA heard anything yet?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

km1908 in Corona, California

54 months ago

[QUOT"love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California"]Has anyone that attended the group interviews last week in LA heard anything yet?

No I have not. Have you?.

Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

km1908 in Corona, California said: No I have not. Have you?.

Nope! Just waiting somewhat patiently haha. They made me want to work for the company even more after the presentation they did though! What a tease :)

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Nope! Just waiting somewhat patiently haha. They made me want to work for the company even more after the presentation they did though! What a tease :)

Same here. Which interview session did you attend?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

km1908 in Corona, California said: Same here. Which interview session did you attend?

I was at the 1pm one, what about you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: I was at the 1pm one, what about you?

I went to the 8am session

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I have yet to hear back as well. I really hope we hear something soon!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

PacerRacer in California

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I have yet to hear back as well. I really hope we hear something soon!

Have you tried calling to follow up? Wednesday will officially be 2 weeks since my interview no news for me yet.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

km1908 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

54 months ago

PacerRacer in California said: Have you tried calling to follow up? Wednesday will officially be 2 weeks since my interview no news for me yet.

Did they say they would contact us if we were not selected to move forward?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

PacerRacer in California

54 months ago

km1908 in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: Did they say they would contact us if we were not selected to move forward?

Yes, we were told either way if we were to move on or not within a week to 2 weeks.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

km1908 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

54 months ago

PacerRacer in California said: Yes, we were told either way if we were to move on or not within a week to 2 weeks.

Oh ok. Well that good.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ClaudiaF8059 in Goleta, California

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I have yet to hear back as well. I really hope we hear something soon!

I was in your interview group table 5. I still haven't heard anything either! Thank God I found this forum because I was worried I was the only one who had concerns lol.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

km1908 in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

ClaudiaF8059 in Goleta, California said: I was in your interview group table 5. I still haven't heard anything either! Thank God I found this forum because I was worried I was the only one who had concerns lol.

Yeah im glad I found it too. I hope we hear something soon!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

So I saw that the post for the position I applied got taken down. Does that mean they will start calling people for interviews?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

ClaudiaF8059 in Goleta, California said: I was in your interview group table 5. I still haven't heard anything either! Thank God I found this forum because I was worried I was the only one who had concerns lol.

Hi sorry to be bit of a stalker but your location thingy says Goleta, CA do you live in the SB area if so i know who is hiring at SBA...let me know

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ClaudiaF8059 in Fremont, California

54 months ago

No I live in LA now. I was visiting my family in Goleta yesterday. Now it's saying I'm in Fremont, CA lol. I have no idea why! I don't even know where that is. As far as SBA I have no idea. I've never applied there.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KidellPowell in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

flyingirl in San Jose, California said: So I saw that the post for the position I applied got taken down. Does that mean they will start calling people for interviews?

What I noticed was that the position was posted until the day we interviewed. So as far as my knowledge goes, if the posting is no longer on the website, they have already conducted interviews.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

golftime24 in Oakley, California

54 months ago

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone from the February 21st group interview for SFO GS Team Member has heard anything back yet? I found out that they have contacted my current and past employers and today I received a copy in the mail of the background check that Verifications has conducted. I haven't heard anything from VX and tomorrow will be two weeks since the group interview. Seems like good signs so far but Im so anxious to know if I'm continuing or not!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Rk15 in San Bruno, California

54 months ago

golftime24 in Oakley, California said: Hey guys I was wondering if anyone from the February 21st group interview for SFO GS Team Member has heard anything back yet? I found out that they have contacted my current and past employers and today I received a copy in the mail of the background check that Verifications has conducted. I haven't heard anything from VX and tomorrow will be two weeks since the group interview. Seems like good signs so far but Im so anxious to know if I'm continuing or not!!

Hey i was in the same day interview at 8 am. I havent heard anything yet either but my coworker has recieved a denial email already and interviewed with me. The wait is killing me and i havent gotten a copy of the background check. Lets hope for the best!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

golftime24 in Oakley, California

54 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: Hey i was in the same day interview at 8 am. I havent heard anything yet either but my coworker has recieved a denial email already and interviewed with me. The wait is killing me and i havent gotten a copy of the background check. Lets hope for the best!

Post back on here if you find anything out please I will do the same! Which group were you two? I was in group four and then the last group to interview, the wait is killing me too !

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SG86 in EWR, New Jersey

54 months ago

@AirColbert Have you been to training in SF yet? If so, how did it go?
I've been waiting for a call from anyone at Virgin EWR regarding the results to my background check since 2/4/13..

They said it would take them 2 weeks to contact me if they wanted me to take the drug test, it took about 3 weeks. Once I took the test they said I'd be contacted in 2 weeks, it's now been over a month. They told me the only thing they where waiting on was a portion of my background check to clear. I haven't received any emails saying "Thanks, but no thanks." or any job offer/training date, I'm not sure if I should hold on to hope or not..

Any advice, anyone?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

SG86 in EWR, New Jersey said: @AirColbert Have you been to training in SF yet? If so, how did it go?
I've been waiting for a call from anyone at Virgin EWR regarding the results to my background check since 2/4/13..

They said it would take them 2 weeks to contact me if they wanted me to take the drug test, it took about 3 weeks. Once I took the test they said I'd be contacted in 2 weeks, it's now been over a month. They told me the only thing they where waiting on was a portion of my background check to clear. I haven't received any emails saying "Thanks, but no thanks." or any job offer/training date, I'm not sure if I should hold on to hope or not..

Any advice, anyone?

I would give them a follow up call just to see where you are. Because they did contact you and let you know they wanted to move you forward and that you were going through your background right? Or call the background check company and see if there was anything that still needed to be completed. I was interviewed Feb 25 and still waiting to see if they want to move me forward. I do know that there was a Flight Attendant training that started This week so they could be busy getting them taken care of.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

SG86 in EWR, New Jersey

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: I would give them a follow up call just to see where you are. Because they did contact you and let you know they wanted to move you forward and that you were going through your background right? Or call the background check company and see if there was anything that still needed to be completed. I was interviewed Feb 25 and still waiting to see if they want to move me forward. I do know that there was a Flight Attendant training that started This week so they could be busy getting them taken care of.

Thanks for your reply KM562,

I did give a follow up call (about 2 weeks ago), I left a message and no one has called me back.
I also called the background check company and they told me my background check was "complete, we're not requesting any additional info from you and Virgin has already printed and had your info sent to Virgin."

Yea, I hope they're just busy with Flight Attendant training and I hope you get call/email to move forward!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

SG86 in EWR, New Jersey said: Thanks for your reply KM562,

I did give a follow up call (about 2 weeks ago), I left a message and no one has called me back.
I also called the background check company and they told me my background check was "complete, we're not requesting any additional info from you and Virgin has already printed and had your info sent to Virgin."

Yea, I hope they're just busy with Flight Attendant training and I hope you get call/email to move forward!

That makes me wanna call and see if they have started a background on me.. who did you call?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

golftime24 in Oakley, California said: Post back on here if you find anything out please I will do the same! Which group were you two? I was in group four and then the last group to interview, the wait is killing me too !

Hey i got through to the drug test so you should have heard by now

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: Hey i got through to the drug test so you should have heard by now

How long after the interview did you hear back from them?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: That makes me wanna call and see if they have started a background on me.. who did you call?

The BG check company Virgin uses is Verifications Inc. Their number is 800 2 4 7 0 7 1 7
Sorry, I had to space the numbers because it wouldn't let me post with them together as they don't allow phone numbers to be posted.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: The BG check company Virgin uses is Verifications Inc. Their number is 800 2 4 7 0 7 1 7
Sorry, I had to space the numbers because it wouldn't let me post with them together as they don't allow phone numbers to be posted.

Have you heard anything? I want to call the background but dont want them to report it to Virgin and then im not offered a position because I was trying to get info..

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: Have you heard anything? I want to call the background but dont want them to report it to Virgin and then im not offered a position because I was trying to get info..

I haven't heard anything. Seems that no one from last Monday has gotten any info. I will wait out the three weeks, and if I still haven't heard anything, I will call Verifications. I doubt that they will go and tell Virgin that you inquired about your own background check, but I understand your apprehension. I guess we just have to sit tight and wait it out. Judging by everyone else's experiences, it shouldn't take more than 3 weeks to hear back. It seems crazy that they make people wait that long anyway!

But I do think that they send out tbnt emails before they start making calls, so in the event that anyone on here posts that they've been rejected and I didn't get a tbnt, then I will start holding my breath! haha! Best of luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: How long after the interview did you hear back from them?

I had the interview 2 weeks ago from yesterday.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.