Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (701 to 750 of 876)
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

Rk15 in San Bruno, California

13 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: How long after the interview did you hear back from them?

I had the interview 2 weeks ago from yesterday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KM562 in Long Beach, California

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I haven't heard anything. Seems that no one from last Monday has gotten any info. I will wait out the three weeks, and if I still haven't heard anything, I will call Verifications. I doubt that they will go and tell Virgin that you inquired about your own background check, but I understand your apprehension. I guess we just have to sit tight and wait it out. Judging by everyone else's experiences, it shouldn't take more than 3 weeks to hear back. It seems crazy that they make people wait that long anyway!

But I do think that they send out tbnt emails before they start making calls, so in the event that anyone on here posts that they've been rejected and I didn't get a tbnt, then I will start holding my breath! haha! Best of luck!

Yea Im just worried because I have a trip planned for April and Im waiting to buy my plane tix because if we are in training i wont be able to go and dont want to waste money...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: I had the interview 2 weeks ago from yesterday.

But how many days after the interview did VA contact you?

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California

13 months ago

Got the copy of my bg check in the mail. So I know that was done and came back clear on everything. Now the real wait begins!!

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: Got the copy of my bg check in the mail. So I know that was done and came back clear on everything. Now the real wait begins!!

OH!! Im going to check the mail right now!! BRB

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: Got the copy of my bg check in the mail. So I know that was done and came back clear on everything. Now the real wait begins!!

No mail for me :-(

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

Got my background check in the mail too, hoping that's a positive sign!

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Got my background check in the mail too, hoping that's a positive sign!

Im sure it is.. That means they are interested in you.. I hope I get mines tomorrow..

ilookupatthesky in Arizona

13 months ago

AirColbert in Newark, New Jersey said: That is very weird. I wish I knew what to tell you. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe class is full and they will contact you with an opening later? I just don't want to think negative. There was someone on this thread in the beginning pages that said they got a call like a month after everyone else with VX asking if she was still interested and they would call her back after a training class date is confirmed. It sucks to know that getting as far as the drug test is not a basic guarantee that you got the job. Gosh this is a tough company to get into! I can only imagine how hard it is to continue to hold on to hope. I will be sure to post if everyone that was chosen for EWR is at training when I have time if you want. Don't let this discourage you with jebtlue either.

Just wanted to update- I got the offer this week - to begin on 3/24. I accepted, however I just got notified I'm proceeding to background checks with JetBlue. Not sure what to do- the VX job is closer, the B6 job is in Philly, but maybe eventually could xfer to EWR? What to do...

13 months ago

ilookupatthesky in Arizona said: Just wanted to update- I got the offer this week - to begin on 3/24. I accepted, however I just got notified I'm proceeding to background checks with JetBlue. Not sure what to do- the VX job is closer, the B6 job is in Philly, but maybe eventually could xfer to EWR? What to do...

Congrats! Did you get the VX job in EWR? And I'm curious did Virgin contact you before they did your background check?

golftime24 in Oakley, California

13 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: Hey i got through to the drug test so you should have heard by now

So did i! I took my test on Friday so we'll see if we get an offer or not. Goodluck!

13 months ago

KM562 in Long Beach, California said: But how many days after the interview did VA contact you?

Hey I also was contacted by VX same time as Rk15 and it was two weeks exactly after my interview

ilookupatthesky in Arizona

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Congrats! Did you get the VX job in EWR? And I'm curious did Virgin contact you before they did your background check?

Thanks! Yes, in EWR. No, they didn't email me they were starting background checks, but I knew they did, one of my former employers let me know they were called. VX also emailed me for information to help speed the process a week or so later. My offer came a month after I took the drug test- not sure why it was so long? 2 months after the interview. Long time to wait, so naturally I kept interviewing. JetBlue took only 2 days to let me know I was advancing to background check after my interview. Not sure if I should consider this as indicative of treatment of employees...

13 months ago

ilookupatthesky in Arizona said: Thanks! Yes, in EWR. No, they didn't email me they were starting background checks, but I knew they did, one of my former employers let me know they were called. VX also emailed me for information to help speed the process a week or so later. My offer came a month after I took the drug test- not sure why it was so long? 2 months after the interview. Long time to wait, so naturally I kept interviewing. JetBlue took only 2 days to let me know I was advancing to background check after my interview. Not sure if I should consider this as indicative of treatment of employees...

Hmm that's odd that it took so long. Well I must say you have a "good" problem on your hands! Choosing from in my opinion 2 excellent airlines. I don't think you can go wrong! Good luck :)

13 months ago

Have you heard anything yet? I also received a copy of my background check but haven't heard anything besides that.

Kirbyjr in San Jose, California

13 months ago

flyingirl in San Jose, California said: Anyone else applying at SJC for airport team member?

Yes I applied for SJC and SFO still waiting to here from them. I know SJC will not start flights until 5/1

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Have you heard anything yet? I also received a copy of my background check but haven't heard anything besides that.

Still no news unfortunately. But staying hopeful and positive. We know that they at least liked us enough to send us to background! Hahaha! I will be sure to post the moment I hear anything. :) hopefully we get news sometime this week.

Flyingirl in San Jose, California

13 months ago

Kirbyjr in San Jose, California said: Yes I applied for SJC and SFO still waiting to here from them. I know SJC will not start flights until 5/1

Ahh I dont like the waiting game! ohh well at least I know I am not the only one that hasn't heard anything from VA. Keep me updated Kirbyjr

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: Still no news unfortunately. But staying hopeful and positive. We know that they at least liked us enough to send us to background! Hahaha! I will be sure to post the moment I hear anything. :) hopefully we get news sometime this week.

I'll be sure to do the same! I'm getting anxious! Haha

rk15 in San Bruno, California

13 months ago

golftime24 in Oakley, California said: So did i! I took my test on Friday so we'll see if we get an offer or not. Goodluck!

Good luck to you too! I received my background check in the mail and I had cleared everything so I am just waiting for the final phone call. any news for you?

13 months ago

rk15 in San Bruno, California said: Good luck to you too! I received my background check in the mail and I had cleared everything so I am just waiting for the final phone call. any news for you?

Same! I'll post once i find out

13 months ago

just got an email for the drug test! Happy to be continuing in the process :)

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: just got an email for the drug test! Happy to be continuing in the process :)

Got my email too!!! I am so excited!!

KidellPowell in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: just got an email for the drug test! Happy to be continuing in the process :)

Did you do your test yet? I'll be going tomorrow :)

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Los Angeles, California said: Did you do your test yet? I'll be going tomorrow :)

I did mine today! I'm going to send the form they gave me to virgin tomorrow and hopefully we hear sometime soon for sure!

13 months ago

I sent in my form on Friday and Edwina emailed me saying "Thank you!" today. Wasn't a tbnt, literally just "Thank you!" I'm getting so anxious!

Rk15 in San Bruno, California

13 months ago

golftime24 in Oakley, California said: Same! I'll post once i find out

Any word on training yet??

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Fullerton, California said: I sent in my form on Friday and Edwina emailed me saying "Thank you!" today. Wasn't a tbnt, literally just "Thank you!" I'm getting so anxious!

Me too! I think they probably just won't say anything one way or the other until they get the results back. Hopefully we hear soon!

13 months ago

Rk15 in San Bruno, California said: Any word on training yet??

Not yet how about you !? The wait is killing me

Rk15 in San Jose, California

13 months ago

golftime24 in Oakley, California said: Not yet how about you !? The wait is killing me

Whats your email we can exchange info and keep in touch and updated!

golftime24 in Stockton, California

13 months ago

Rk15 in San Jose, California said: Whats your email we can exchange info and keep in touch and updated!

Email me sanchez_frank24@yahoo.com !

pinkbfly in Brooklyn, New York

13 months ago

did anyone go to the JFK interview last friday or hear anything they did say the will contact in 2 weeks just curious the wait is nerve wrecking. Good luck to everyone

BW in Farmingville, New York

13 months ago

pinkbfly in Brooklyn, New York said: did anyone go to the JFK interview last friday or hear anything they did say the will contact in 2 weeks just curious the wait is nerve wrecking. Good luck to everyone

Hey, I was at the JFK interview last Friday as well! I agree 100% about the wait being nerve wrecking! Finally today around 5:30pm I received an email from Edwina asking me to get a drug test! Have you gotten an email also? I really liked all the people that were at the interview.. I wish they could hire all of us! lol. I wish you best of luck, keep me updated.. and if I hear anything further I will let you know as well!

13 months ago

BW yes I got a email today too... a little relieved.. LOL everyone was really nice I wish everyone could get hired too... Thank you
good luck to you too I know everything will work out and yes keep me updated I will too if anything comes up... Im so excited... Hopefully this back round check goes quick LOL

MLag2515 in Weatherford, Texas

13 months ago

I guess Texas isn't high on Virgin's priority list.... I interviewed over a month ago and was told we would hear a moving forward or thanks but no thanks within the next week. I still have heard nothing. I reluctantly had to accept another job because I couldn't sit around waiting for these guys to let me know something. I even emailed and called the folks that contacted me for the interview (the people at the interview didn't have business cards). It's a little frustrating and leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth for this company, which sucks because I was SOO excited about this job possibility.

Hopefully everyone else is having better experiences and getting awesome jobs!

Applied for Guest Services Team in Chicago, Illinois

13 months ago

Hi all! Got the call and am interviewing this coming Tuesday (March 26th) at O'Hare Airport (or the hotel nearby). Is anyone else here going? Or can anyone speak to the experience of interviewing?
Does anyone work there now? Have advice?

13 months ago

Applied for Guest Services Team in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi all! Got the call and am interviewing this coming Tuesday (March 26th) at O'Hare Airport (or the hotel nearby). Is anyone else here going? Or can anyone speak to the experience of interviewing?
Does anyone work there now? Have advice?

The interview is the best I've done. Everyone is super friendly and you can tell they all really enjoy who they work for! Just relax and have fun and you'll do fine!

13 months ago

Has anyone that's gotten through to the drug test heard back? And if so how long after your drug test did they contact you? I'm getting anxious! It's been almost 2 weeks since my drug test and my background came back all good

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Has anyone that's gotten through to the drug test heard back? And if so how long after your drug test did they contact you? I'm getting anxious! It's been almost 2 weeks since my drug test and my background came back all good

I still haven't heard back either. But from reading this forum it looks like some people have waited a month or longer to hear back, unfortunately. All we can do it sit tight it looks like. I'll be sure to post if I hear any news.

KidellPowell in Garden Grove, California

13 months ago

Labrina just called and offered me the job!!! Class of April 15!!!

13 months ago

KidellPowell in Los Angeles, California said: I still haven't heard back either. But from reading this forum it looks like some people have waited a month or longer to hear back, unfortunately. All we can do it sit tight it looks like. I'll be sure to post if I hear any news.

I got the call! I start training April 15th!

13 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: I got the call! I start training April 15th!

Congrats!! See you there!

12 months ago

KidellPowell in Garden Grove, California said: Congrats!! See you there!

Thanks, you too! I'm was so excited I could hardly process what she was even saying on the phone haha

12 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Thanks, you too! I'm was so excited I could hardly process what she was even saying on the phone haha

Hahaha right?! She was like "everyone I've called today is so calm!" And I was just like no trust me I'm screaming on the inside, I was like shaking! Hahaha what a great way to start the weekend! :D

12 months ago

KidellPowell in Los Angeles, California said: Hahaha right?! She was like "everyone I've called today is so calm!" And I was just like no trust me I'm screaming on the inside, I was like shaking! Hahaha what a great way to start the weekend! :D

Haha yeah me too! I didn't even know what to say cause I didn't want to sound like a dork! Did you get the email for training at HQ? I looked for your name on the email list but I don't think I saw it. I figured they would've trained us down here, but I'll go to HQ any day!

12 months ago

love2fly8211 in Los Angeles, California said: Haha yeah me too! I didn't even know what to say cause I didn't want to sound like a dork! Did you get the email for training at HQ? I looked for your name on the email list but I don't think I saw it. I figured they would've trained us down here, but I'll go to HQ any day!

I have gotten the emails :D

But I believe our travel to SF is just for Red Carpet Orientation. Labrina said on the phone that we will be training down here. I am soo excited!! See you Thursday!

VXHopeful in Jackson Heights, New York

12 months ago

Hi all,

I just applied to be a JFK Team member, I'm extremely nervous and excited. I have worked in the airline industry for the past year but I feel VX is going to be a better fit for me.. does anyone know how long the application/interview process takes?

waaaaah, i'm nervous :(

KidellPowell in Mission Viejo, California

12 months ago

VXHopeful in Jackson Heights, New York said: Hi all,

I just applied to be a JFK Team member, I'm extremely nervous and excited. I have worked in the airline industry for the past year but I feel VX is going to be a better fit for me.. does anyone know how long the application/interview process takes?

waaaaah, i'm nervous :(

My experience was just over a month between interview and offer.
The process was applying online
Short phone interview and invite to group interview
Group interview
Background check received in the mail
Notice of drug test request
Official offer

12 months ago

Has anyone from the JFK interview hear anything? They are hiring again dont know if thats a bad sign?

LadyK in Williamsburg, Virginia

12 months ago

Hi Guys!!!

*Guest Team Services

Im sooooo happy I found this forum as well!!! I had my interview about four weeks ago in NY. I then about a week later, I was called to do a drug test, then two days later I was emailed to send information for my background check (High School Diploma). Its been a complete two weeks since since my drug test and I havent received anything in the mail nor a phone call. Im so confused onto whats going on. Its going on the third week and Ive sent a follow up email and no one has emailed me back which is odd bcause VA is usally good with following up. Maybe I just need to take a chill pill or Im thnking I didnt get the job...lol...idk really, has anyone had the same experience and has your process been this long? Also if thr was any discrepancy in the BG, wouldnt I have already been notified ??

Thanks In Advance Guys & Good Luck To You All...

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.