Virgin America Airport Team Member

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (751 to 800 of 998)
Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next »   Last »

KidellPowell in Garden Grove, California

20 months ago

LadyK in Williamsburg, Virginia said: Hi Guys!!!

*Guest Team Services

Im sooooo happy I found this forum as well!!! I had my interview about four weeks ago in NY. I then about a week later, I was called to do a drug test, then two days later I was emailed to send information for my background check (High School Diploma). Its been a complete two weeks since since my drug test and I havent received anything in the mail nor a phone call. Im so confused onto whats going on. Its going on the third week and Ive sent a follow up email and no one has emailed me back which is odd bcause VA is usally good with following up. Maybe I just need to take a chill pill or Im thnking I didnt get the job...lol...idk really, has anyone had the same experience and has your process been this long? Also if thr was any discrepancy in the BG, wouldnt I have already been notified ??

Thanks In Advance Guys & Good Luck To You All...

Hmm your process seems a little switched around from mine. But some people on this forum had gone in the order they're putting you through as well. I got my bg check in the mail 2 weeks before being sent for drug testing, it's also odd that they request hs diplomas from some candidates and not all of them. But I know from start to finish the process was almost 6 weeks. If you've taken your drug test, I'd say you're in a good place. Maybe once they get our (Team LAX) class set up and ready to go they will start making calls for your guys' class. The best thing to do is just sit tight and be patient. You've made it this far, which is an amazing accomplishment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

VXatJFK in Stony Brook, New York

20 months ago

Hey @pinkbfly & @LadyK! Hope you both are doing well! I was at that interview with you last month. I wont lie, it has been a long and kinda stressful hiring process. I went for the drug test, background check, SIDA badge, and am now (trying) to get ready for the 3 weeks training in California. We are supposed to leave April 14th, but I havent gotten any information on which flights to take or where I will be staying. I have also been receiving mixed information regarding training.. some people have said its in San Francisco, and some say Los Angeles? So I'm a little confused/worried. The other thing that is weird is that we were originally told they were only hiring 4-5 people for JFK, but there is actually 7 of us going for training.. AND I just saw on their website that they are accepting applications for JFK again! I will keep you updated! Dont lose hope though! Its possible you will both be chosen for the second group of people to be hired!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ready4VA in Bronx, New York

20 months ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone could share son light on Training and Start base pay. First question is do they pay for your hotel stay? (I'm from NYC & I believe training is held in California) and lastly what is the starting salary for an Airport Team member for Virgin?

Hope someone can shed some light! Thank You!!

pinkbfly in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

Im curious I was offered the job but still havent received an email with the official off, has this happen to anyone?

VX hopeful in Miami, Florida

20 months ago

Has anyone applied and interviewd for the Part ime GST member at FLL? Has anyone heard back as of yet?

Patpat25 in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

VX hopeful in Miami, Florida said: Has anyone applied and interviewd for the Part ime GST member at FLL? Has anyone heard back as of yet?

I did.. Went on an interview las Thursday. Now waiting

Patpat25 in Hollywood, Florida

20 months ago

Patpat25 in Hollywood, Florida said: I did.. Went on an interview las Thursday. Now waiting

Well I haven't heard back yet I was saying I got interviewed

Belle07 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Has anyone applied to the Airport Team Member position at PHL? I had a short phone interview and then she said that they are just screening applicants and a recruiter will contact me directly if interested. I'm seeing that most people get scheduled for a group interview at the end of the phone interview so Idk if that was a good sign for me.

AA hopeful in Miami, Florida

20 months ago

Patpat25 in Hollywood, Florida said: Well I haven't heard back yet I was saying I got interviewed

Oh ok, I went to the interview on Thursday as well. I'm still waiting. It's so nerve racking.

Shana1987 in Jamaica, New York

20 months ago

Hi everyone! I attended the JFK group interview for ATM last Tuesday...still waiting to hear back o_O

Fancynancy09 in Torrance, California

20 months ago

Has anyone applied for The Virgin airlines LAX Team member position? I applied about a week ago ..does anyone know when I should expect a call? And how much the starting pay is? Thanks! :))

pinkbfly in Brooklyn, New York

20 months ago

can anyone give me some insight on the training? The days, what to wear and where do you stay?

ItzyBitsy in Brookhaven, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Belle07 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Has anyone applied to the Airport Team Member position at PHL? I had a short phone interview and then she said that they are just screening applicants and a recruiter will contact me directly if interested. I'm seeing that most people get scheduled for a group interview at the end of the phone interview so Idk if that was a good sign for me.

I applied last Sunday and got a call on Monday and was told the same thing. Guess it doesn't look good for us :(

VX hopefull in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

I did my drug test yesterday, yay! by any chance does anyone know how long after they offer you the position? And when does training start? Edwina said June 3rd however during the interview they said last week in May.

KidellPowell in Garden Grove, California

19 months ago

VX hopefull in Miami, Florida said: I did my drug test yesterday, yay! by any chance does anyone know how long after they offer you the position? And when does training start? Edwina said June 3rd however during the interview they said last week in May.

I just graduated training last week for LAX. The two trainers Matt and Steph are going to train ANC and AUS next so I would imagine that your guys' training would be after that. They may combine you, JFK and we just had apps open again for LAX. In our class we had 12 that became 11 for LAX and 7 that became 6 for JFK. The People Team is very busy I know, we have apps open all over the place with only two recruiters that are hiring for the whole company. Don't lose faith! Especially those that have made it past the drug test.

Cyndi311 in Long Beach, California

19 months ago

Hi Everyone! I'm just wondering what to think now that the LAX team member is not posted and its been 3 weeks since I applied and I have not received a TBNT...

19 months ago

KidellPowell in Garden Grove, California said: I just graduated training last week for LAX. The two trainers Matt and Steph are going to train ANC and AUS next so I would imagine that your guys' training would be after that. They may combine you, JFK and we just had apps open again for LAX. In our class we had 12 that became 11 for LAX and 7 that became 6 for JFK. The People Team is very busy I know, we have apps open all over the place with only two recruiters that are hiring for the whole company. Don't lose faith! Especially those that have made it past the drug test.

Congratulations on graduating training. Thank you for your words it's a bit nerve wrackng to wait, but what am I going to do. lol

Hopefully in vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada

19 months ago

I applied a 2nd time in to Airport Team Member in LAS, why can't they just say yes or no, just want to know where I stand. I really want this job but waiting for a call is nerve wrecking!! :-( Anybody out here applied to LAS and heard anything?

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Brookhaven, Pennsylvania said: I applied last Sunday and got a call on Monday and was told the same thing. Guess it doesn't look good for us :(

I reapplied, when I checked on the job application that I submitted it said the posting is no longer available but they posted the job again yesterday.

ItzyBitsy in Brookhaven, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Belle07 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I reapplied, when I checked on the job application that I submitted it said the posting is no longer available but they posted the job again yesterday.

I ended up interviewing in the group interview last week, haven't heard anything back yet. But if they reposted the job, I guess that's not a good thing!

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Brookhaven, Pennsylvania said: I ended up interviewing in the group interview last week, haven't heard anything back yet. But if they reposted the job, I guess that's not a good thing!

Ok so they did have interviews, at least you made it that far. I used to work at US Airways so I know the hiring process with airlines is sometimes long and tedious. I was hoping to get a call back but I guess not, good luck I think you probably still have a chance they might just be looking for more people.

ItzyBitsy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

I got emailed on Monday for my drug test and received a copy of my background check in the mail today. So I guess I'm in the hiring process? Waiting to hear back from Edwina.

khan in Henderson, Nevada

19 months ago

Hopefully in vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I applied a 2nd time in to Airport Team Member in LAS, why can't they just say yes or no, just want to know where I stand. I really want this job but waiting for a call is nerve wrecking!! :-( Anybody out here applied to LAS and heard anything?

i also applied for that position but didnt get any email or mail...let me know if you get any reponse

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I got emailed on Monday for my drug test and received a copy of my background check in the mail today. So I guess I'm in the hiring process? Waiting to hear back from Edwina.

Congrats! Edwina should be calling you soon!

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

Hi just received a email from Edwina that the class was filled for BOS, however, would I am still be interested in future class openings. I said Yes!, I hope this is a good sign?

19 months ago

Hey Mine123...I got the same email last month except for JFK. I was told that all JFK classes are full and she would let me know if there were any openings coming up! Did you take a drug test yet?

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

Shana1987 in Jamaica, New York said: Hey Mine123...I got the same email last month except for JFK. I was told that all JFK classes are full and she would let me know if there were any openings coming up! Did you take a drug test yet?

Hi Shana. Yes, I took the drug test. Edwina said I passed both the background check and drug test. Looks like we are in the same spot. I am hoping they have a July class. So nerve racking!! Did you take your drug test yet?

19 months ago

I got hired! I'm in the June class =)

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I got hired! I'm in the June class =)

That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! When did you get the call?

19 months ago

Mine123 in Massachusetts said: That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!! When did you get the call?

On Friday I got a call from a gentleman who made me my offer and talked over some training details.

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: On Friday I got a call from a gentleman who made me my offer and talked over some training details.

My email came on Monday, oh well. Have a great time! I am sure you will shine. : )

19 months ago

Mine123 in Massachusetts said: Hi Shana. Yes, I took the drug test. Edwina said I passed both the background check and drug test. Looks like we are in the same spot. I am hoping they have a July class. So nerve racking!! Did you take your drug test yet?

No I didn't take the drug test...I went to the group interview last month and then got an email saying that all classes for JFK are full right now but they'd like to keep me in mind for future classes. I'm not sure what's going on but it didn't seem like a TBNT email so I guess it's a good sign? Good luck Mine123 I'm sure they will call you soon!

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

Shana1987 in Jamaica, New York said: No I didn't take the drug test...I went to the group interview last month and then got an email saying that all classes for JFK are full right now but they'd like to keep me in mind for future classes. I'm not sure what's going on but it didn't seem like a TBNT email so I guess it's a good sign? Good luck Mine123 I'm sure they will call you soon!

Thanks. it still makes me nervous...
Hang in there!! I bet you will hear something along the way. Let me know if you do?

19 months ago

Thanks! I will...I hope we both get hear back soon :)!

19 months ago

ItzyBitsy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: On Friday I got a call from a gentleman who made me my offer and talked over some training details.

Congrats! What is your training date? They told me my training is set for June 24th!

19 months ago

Mine123 in Massachusetts said: Hi just received a email from Edwina that the class was filled for BOS, however, would I am still be interested in future class openings. I said Yes!, I hope this is a good sign?

It is a good sign, Edwina told me the same on May 8th that the training on June 2nd was filled up. Then last night she said there was an opening on June 24 and I accepted the offer!

19 months ago

VX hopefull in Miami, Florida said: Congrats! What is your training date? They told me my training is set for June 24th!

Mine too!

Mine123 in Massachusetts

19 months ago

VX hopefull in Miami, Florida said: It is a good sign, Edwina told me the same on May 8th that the training on June 2nd was filled up. Then last night she said there was an opening on June 24 and I accepted the offer!

Congratulations!!! That's great! I guess I can only hope and get a call. Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TheLMPshow in Fort Worth, Texas

19 months ago

any advice for getting on in the Dallas Fort Worth Area?

Jenn in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

Hello everyone!

I'm really glad I found this forum! I got invite for the group interview this upcoming Monday. I am just wondering if any of you all have any tips or what to expect?

Mine123 in Massachusetts

18 months ago

Jenn in San Francisco, California said: Hello everyone!

I'm really glad I found this forum! I got invite for the group interview this upcoming Monday. I am just wondering if any of you all have any tips or what to expect?

Hope your interview went well. I just saw your post. Did you hear when the next class dates are?

3C mom in Carrollton, Texas

18 months ago

TheLMPshow in Fort Worth, Texas said: any advice for getting on in the Dallas Fort Worth Area?

Hi, I just applied for DFW, have you heard anything?

Ladybugmax in Germantown, Maryland

18 months ago

If you work as an ATM at a small station do you have to load the plane too, or do they have ramp agents?

hannahyim in San Diego, California

17 months ago

Hello,

I have applied for a VA Airport Team Member position in San Diego and wondered if anyone has heard anything? I would love to work for Virgin as it is an amazing company. Would it be a good idea to call HR? How have others got the ball rolling?

Thanks

cjordan_ampogi in Hayward, California

16 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: Yes, I was just hired for SFO airport . I start training April 11.

Hello...how long did it take for the recruiter or somebody from the airline to contact you. I have been applying online and has not been contacted. Thanks!

Hopefulinchitown in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

Does anyone know if they'll contact you regardless of whether or not you got the job? If so, how long did it take to hear back from them? I interviewed in Chicago a week ago and the anticipation is killing me! I really, really want to work for Virgin America and hope I get that opportunity!

BH in Boston, Massachusetts

15 months ago

Can anybody tell me about the Guest Services Training in SF? I go in less than 2 weeks and I haven't gotten that info yet...so I'm curious. What kind of hotel is it? Kitchenette? Gym? Wi-fi? Is close to food, etc? How is the training played out? What can I expect in the? Should be an interesting 3 weeks!!!

Thanks!

Armand in Inglewood, California

15 months ago

Annie415sf in San Francisco, California said: I'm trying to get this forum going strong like the Flight Attendant forum so I'm answering a question that was addressed to me over on that one.

Hi Jay,
The group interview takes the majority of the time. You break up into teams and present your information to the rest of the interviewees + managers. They are looking for you to be friendly and contribute, to speak clearly and make eye contact when you present, and to work well with your teammates. Working as a team and customer service are the 2 most important attributes they look for in a candidate.

The personal interview was about 10 minutes where 2 hiring managers sit you with individually and ask you standard q's similiar to "Tell me about a time you resolved a stressful situation at work" or "how do you handle conflicts with co-workers?" Then they ask if you have any q's for them (you should have 1 ready, this shows you care and have thought about their company) and that's it. They will email you in about 1 week if you are selected or not.

Good Luck!!

Hi there! I attended the interview session 8/20/2013 (it's been roughly about 2 weeks) and I still have not heard anything... Do you think i should call them and ask?

15 months ago

BH in Boston, Massachusetts said: Can anybody tell me about the Guest Services Training in SF? I go in less than 2 weeks and I haven't gotten that info yet...so I'm curious. What kind of hotel is it? Kitchenette? Gym? Wi-fi? Is close to food, etc? How is the training played out? What can I expect in the? Should be an interesting 3 weeks!!!

Thanks!

Hi there! When was your interview & how long did it take you to hear back? I am still wondering :( it's been roughly about two weeks.... i interviewed 8/20/2013

15 months ago

Hopefulinchitown in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone know if they'll contact you regardless of whether or not you got the job? If so, how long did it take to hear back from them? I interviewed in Chicago a week ago and the anticipation is killing me! I really, really want to work for Virgin America and hope I get that opportunity!

Same here! I interviewed 8/20/2013 and the anticipation is killing me!!!!! I hope you get hired!

Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.